Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
do any of you think cook should go right now? 15:46 - Sep 13 with 10765 viewspositivity

and if so, why?

(i think it's too early to make a call)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:06 - Sep 13 with 1819 viewsFixed_It

No. Things need to improve, but we would be daft to get rid so soon after the transfer window closing having backed him to the hilt.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:07 - Sep 13 with 1822 viewsevansblue

What worries me is that on Saturday at 5-2 with 30 minutes to play we did nothing to change things. A good manager makes 2 changes and throws the kitchen sink at it and goes down with a fight. Jackson on 84!!! What's that about. That's nothing to do with players gelling. I have huge concerns and the last 6 months on the pitch have been disastrous. He has 3 games for me to turn this round and buy more time otherwise it's adios.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:11 - Sep 13 with 1809 viewsHerbivore

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:07 - Sep 13 by evansblue

What worries me is that on Saturday at 5-2 with 30 minutes to play we did nothing to change things. A good manager makes 2 changes and throws the kitchen sink at it and goes down with a fight. Jackson on 84!!! What's that about. That's nothing to do with players gelling. I have huge concerns and the last 6 months on the pitch have been disastrous. He has 3 games for me to turn this round and buy more time otherwise it's adios.

He also brought Carroll on for Chaplin, which suggested to me that his priority was damage limitation rather than any hope of getting back into the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:12 - Sep 13 with 1806 viewsgordon

Would be bizarre to sack him given that we've let him sign so many players, rip up the squad, bring in all his own coaches etc. But we shouldn't have given him free reign to do all that.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:14 - Sep 13 with 1795 viewsgordon

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:07 - Sep 13 by evansblue

Think he was right to stop Bolton getting 7 or 8 - the game was gone anyway.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:16 - Sep 13 with 1792 viewsGlasgowBlue

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:00 - Sep 13 by Big_Jase

I mean that's obviously sad news, but its not relevant at all is it.

I think it's disrespectful . I didn't like it when we sacked Jim whilst he was at his mother's hospital bedside and I didn't like it when we sacked Stuart Taylor 2 days after his father had passed away.

The club will still be here in a couple of weeks time. We can and should speculate all we want then. But as I say, I find it in poor taste to do so on the day we heard the news about his father.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:17]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:17 - Sep 13 with 1779 viewsgordon

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:30 - Sep 13 by pennblue

No and all this talk is just de-stablising the club again.

We can't help ourselves can we.

Do you think it's our fault we're in the League One relegation places?
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:20 - Sep 13 with 1775 viewsChurchman

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:55 - Sep 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, because it would -

a) Be a bonkers decision after six games
b) Be a bonkers decision after backing him 100% in the transfer market
c) Be a bonkers decision that would have half of football laughing at us

Don't get me wrong, this has got to improve, tomorrow, if we don't get a result of some kind against West Ham u21s tomorrow, and then fail to get a minimum of 6 points from Lincoln, Wednesday and Doncaster then I think the Americans may lose faith. Despite the fact that up to now, his record at this level has been impressive.

Until then, it's just too early.

Three more games for me. I didn’t expect us to be necessarily at the top, but I expected us to be competitive and showing signs of a team coming together. I did say end of October but we are getting worse. I bet Lincoln can’t wait for Saturday.

This is League 1, for goodness sake. We are more likely to be relegated than promoted and this lot are easy meat for any team with anything about them. Mid table this season will be an achievement. It’s not good enough.

Cook has been backed. He insisted on this approach so he stands or falls by it. If he’s booted out at the end of September after a likely 9 league games without a win, he can hardly complain. Given his track record, I didn’t expect him to be as woefully inept as he’s been..
Login to get fewer ads

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:28 - Sep 13 with 1753 viewsMattinLondon

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:47 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

No

WOuld I be disappointed if he did? No

Joe’s reply pretty much sums it up for me. I think Cook should have until the end of September to turn it around, mid-October at the very very latest.

Last season I was concerned about his man-management as well as his fascination with 4-2-3-1.

Edit.
And by turning it around I don’t simply mean a lucky 1-0 against Doncaster following defeats by both Lincoln and Wednesday. I mean improved performances and results. At least five points from our next three league games.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:34]
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:32 - Sep 13 with 1739 viewsLankHenners

What a mess it would be to get rid of him after building the entire squad (more or less) to his requirements, not to say that that may end up being what has to happen if things don't sort themselves out soon.

He'd probably argue (not completely unfairly) that he should get a crack with his first choice XI, i.e. Morsy, Edwards, Celina all in the same team. That doesn't hold much water with me as he should still have more than enough to do better (and injuries/suspensions may mean he won't get that chance) but there is something that seems a bit silly to not let him use his best tools before removing him from the job.

I'm struggling to put a number of games/points on it for how much longer he should have, as we could well make small improvements (a clean sheet, a narrow win) without blowing teams away which could be a sign of better things to come or a false dawn. First and foremost we need wins though, and another month or so without them makes his position rather doomed.

As Steve says above the coaching department still has a huge question mark over it and it's a shame that Cook's seemingly put himself in a position where he'll be going back on his words and swallowing his pride to change it now.

It's all a bit weird really as he shouldn't be struggling this much - he's won multiple promotions, he's been at clubs where there's been more pressure to perform than your average league 1/2 club, he's had a team comfortably mid-table in the Championship, has been interviewed for/been offered (?) jobs at that level, he's had the backing to bring in a lot of talent etc. and yet...

I think all in all though I'd be happy to be a bit more patient if Bolton hadn't been such a massive backwards step from an already shaky position. Similar performances against similar opposition coming up unfortunately will mean he's got to go.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:33 - Sep 13 with 1717 viewschrismakin

No. Would I moan if it happened. No.

Should he still get more time? End of Sept minimum now imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:05 - Sep 13 with 1672 viewsWD19

No.

The back to back home games at the end of the month are looking like a defining moment though.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:13 - Sep 13 with 1659 viewsChrisd

No, I still want to give PC longer, these are his players so want to see if they will respond if given sufficient time. However, results need to improve and quickly, we need more organisation on the pitch, we’re too much of soft touch at the moment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:28 - Sep 13 with 1642 viewspennyfathersleg

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:34 - Sep 13 by Funge

I said this at fulltime on Saturday, and still haven't really calmed down...

He's an absolute, total lemon; as inept as Paul Hurst, on the current showing.

Given full licence to rip up a team (that absolutely needed ripping up, by the way), and then replaced with all the players he might want.

He's put a coaching structure in place that is woefully inadequate - just like Hurst. What the actual fck were the keeper and back 4 doing for the last 2 weeks? 4 out of the 5 Bolton goals were horrific (I thought their 1st was nicely done, tbf…)

He's done absolutely nothing whatsoever in his time here, to justify any degree of support at all.

The owners, backroom management and players are all good enough - he palpably isn't.

We look better going forwards than last year, no doubt - but to defend like that, after 2 uninterrupted weeks on the training pitch, against a team who were in Division 4 last year - it's absolutely inept.

And now we're betting the farm on Samy Morsy being the enforcer of all midfield enforcers.

I have absolutely no idea who we get in to fix this mess, by the way. Roy Race?

This for me. He has been the manager of ITFC for 24 games, half a season. We have won 4 (FOUR) of those games. We all know the team needed a reboot, but, when he took over, we were on the verge of the playoffs. We got progressively worse after his arrival (he was supposed to be an improvement on Lambert). The division was shockingly bad last season; we should have at least finished in the playoffs. We have got progressively worse this season also. There was absolutely no positives in the second half on Saturday (and most of the first half). Not even any fight/effort.

Last season we had the best defence in the league right? Why rip that all up and start again? The issue was going forward. By all means rip that up and start again. I’m sure that Skuse and Downes (yes he wanted to go but he still had a contract) would have done a much better job than Evans and Harper.

Having no assistant and a coaching team with no experience is also a big issue for me. He clearly doesn’t have a plan B. Saturday was a prime example. Surely with an experienced assistant, they would have seen that? Why hasn’t employed one!?

If Morsy doesn’t come good very quickly, Cook may not last long anyway.

I agree with Hurst comparison.

Having said all this, I hope to dear god he proves me wrong!!!
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:34 - Sep 13 with 1623 viewsitfcjoe

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:28 - Sep 13 by MattinLondon

Joe’s reply pretty much sums it up for me. I think Cook should have until the end of September to turn it around, mid-October at the very very latest.

Last season I was concerned about his man-management as well as his fascination with 4-2-3-1.

Edit.
And by turning it around I don’t simply mean a lucky 1-0 against Doncaster following defeats by both Lincoln and Wednesday. I mean improved performances and results. At least five points from our next three league games.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:34]

We’ve got 3 games left this month, if we don’t win any then sometimes you just have to accept a manager is a bad fit at a club for whatever reason and cut your losses. He’s been in charge for half a season and we are now in a position where we haven’t had one good result in that time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:39 - Sep 13 with 1604 viewsOldboy

3 wins from the next 5 league games or he can go.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:58 - Sep 13 with 1580 viewsHerbivore

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:34 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

We’ve got 3 games left this month, if we don’t win any then sometimes you just have to accept a manager is a bad fit at a club for whatever reason and cut your losses. He’s been in charge for half a season and we are now in a position where we haven’t had one good result in that time

Thinks it's 21 or 22 points since he joined. That's relegation form. We're Ipswich Town, this is the third division, it's miles away from being good enough. It's as bad as his two predecessors in fact. It's mainly his reputation that's keeping him afloat right now.

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:06 - Sep 13 with 1558 viewsrgp1

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:58 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Thinks it's 21 or 22 points since he joined. That's relegation form. We're Ipswich Town, this is the third division, it's miles away from being good enough. It's as bad as his two predecessors in fact. It's mainly his reputation that's keeping him afloat right now.

And probably why he'll field a strong team tommorow. If we'd make a good start to the season he wouldn't bother about the pizza trophy.

In answer to OP discussions may already have been had regarding his future just that no one will know about it. I'd just be interesting in knowing any managers who've kept their jobs after 4 wins in 24.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 19:09]
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:08 - Sep 13 with 1549 viewschicoazul

No. Way too early.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:20 - Sep 13 with 1523 viewsCokeIsKey

Yes, he needs to go now in my opinion.

Sustaining relegation form over half a season with a squad expected to be near promotion is a disgrace and so far his 'coaching' has only taken us backwards after each training period.

He has shown he is unable to man manage, unable to organise a defence, unable to get his team to defend set pieces, unable to make tactical mid-game changes, and unable to play a formation other than 4-2-3-1.

His previous success doesn't mean much considering the entire backroom team has changed. Having the wigan kit man to help him out is slightly worse than having their current first-team manager who has 'gelled' them to second in the league.

If our owners are serious about having success beyond the championship they should know Cook isn't their man, can anyone really see him turning us into a good championship side?

This will end badly.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 19:21]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:24 - Sep 13 with 1504 viewsmylittletown

Given his previous record, I probably should feel a lot more comfortable, but I am getting very worried by all the witless cliches.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:25 - Sep 13 with 1497 viewsHerbivore

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:20 - Sep 13 by CokeIsKey

Yes, he needs to go now in my opinion.

Sustaining relegation form over half a season with a squad expected to be near promotion is a disgrace and so far his 'coaching' has only taken us backwards after each training period.

He has shown he is unable to man manage, unable to organise a defence, unable to get his team to defend set pieces, unable to make tactical mid-game changes, and unable to play a formation other than 4-2-3-1.

His previous success doesn't mean much considering the entire backroom team has changed. Having the wigan kit man to help him out is slightly worse than having their current first-team manager who has 'gelled' them to second in the league.

If our owners are serious about having success beyond the championship they should know Cook isn't their man, can anyone really see him turning us into a good championship side?

This will end badly.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 19:21]

So it's fair to say you're on the fence?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:30 - Sep 13 with 1481 viewsCokeIsKey

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:25 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

So it's fair to say you're on the fence?

Just venting some frustration!

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:32 - Sep 13 with 1474 viewsHerbivore

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:30 - Sep 13 by CokeIsKey

Just venting some frustration!

I don't blame you. It's a bit of a mess.

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 19:35 - Sep 13 with 1467 viewsMattinLondon

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 18:34 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

Unfortunately, I think you’re right as Cook has been poor from the start and it hasn’t improved. He seems too embedded into his way of thinking and can’t seem to adapt in order to outmanoeuvre fellow managers.

No idea how ruthless the owners or Ashton is - guess we’ll find out if results do not improve.

On a purely flippant point - seeing as Cook was an Evans appointment, would we really be shocked if Cook proves to be a poor choice of manager?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024