Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby latest..... 20:10 - Sep 17 with 5222 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Derby latest..... on 22:15 - Sep 17 with 1669 viewsSteve_M

Amazing that the effects of covid happened so far back:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Derby latest..... on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 1644 viewsPendejo

Derby latest..... on 20:42 - Sep 17 by Illinoisblue

Heck of a statement that, blaming it all on Covid and the EFL.

Also, whilst blaming EFL they clearly indicate they'd been financially "unwell" for some time citing pre-covid dates Jan 2020 and 2019.

So as well as attacking EFL, they are inadvertently telling the world that EFL should have taken action last season... and Derby should be in our division this season.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Derby latest..... on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 1639 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby latest..... on 22:15 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

Maybe we could swoop in with a cheeky bid for Tom Lawrence. We don’t need another winger but it would be fun

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby latest..... on 22:21 - Sep 17 with 1632 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby latest..... on 22:15 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

Mel Morris trying the victim card

Derby latest..... on 22:23 - Sep 17 with 1628 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby latest..... on 22:21 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

Mel Morris trying the victim card

Is that gambling company still paying Rooney’s wages? Can’t imagine he’s going to stick around for long

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby latest..... on 22:29 - Sep 17 with 1588 viewsBluefish

Derby latest..... on 21:26 - Sep 17 by Lord_Lucan

What, about Derby?

About SYL

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Derby latest..... on 23:12 - Sep 17 with 1512 viewsBasingstokeBlue

N/B
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 23:14]

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Derby latest..... on 23:49 - Sep 17 with 1456 viewsHARRY10

Financial irregularities usually suggest money 'going out of the back door'

However, as with so much before, the club will be docked points/relegated etc and it will be seen that the FL won't stand for this.

And as before, no one will be found guilty, no investigation will be made public - in fact I doubt if there really will be an investigation into those responsible.

It will all be quietly dropped as with accusations of match fixing and managers taking a bankhander from agents.

Too many on the gravy train for that to be de-railed.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby latest..... on 00:11 - Sep 18 with 1435 viewsTheBoyBlue

How long before football gets to grips with it being down to players being paid too much and transferred too much? Heck, even Barcelona can't balance the books.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Derby latest..... on 00:20 - Sep 18 with 1412 viewsberkstractorboy

Derby latest..... on 22:01 - Sep 17 by Horseboy

Disappointed in the lending comments, all Championship clubs received 8.3m during covid bar Derby, odd one?

The way Sky reporting it is that the £8.3M loan came with conditions for payback and Derby couldn't meet conditions so they didn't get that money.

Mel really doesn't have a leg to stand on with the way they have overspent year on year to achieve a dream and still push the boundaries of FFP to get Rooney in but his wages not count to FFP. This all feels like a massive slice of football Karma for the way Derby have operated.
Derby latest..... on 00:29 - Sep 18 with 1396 viewsbluefunk

Derby latest..... on 21:41 - Sep 17 by Lord_Lucan

I've never liked County since we beat them 5 - 0 away back in the early 80's (might have been 5 - 1, can't remember) but I won't go into that.

Forest were one of our biggest rivals when we were good so we naturally didn't like them and I couldn't stand Burns or O'Neill - but I loved Clough and Francis. How can you not like Clough? Impossible!

Leicester are just one of those nothing teams, well they were anyway. How times change. I'm trying to think of one of their players who wore white tights when playing against us but my memory is shot - I am pretty sure he was their captain.

I think it might have been Keith Weller, their winger
Derby latest..... on 03:16 - Sep 18 with 1333 viewsdavblue

Derby latest..... on 20:48 - Sep 17 by Fixed_It

Yep. Absolutely nothing to do with them chucking money at promotion year after year - and failing!

No difference to what we are doing and we done under Evans then?

I’m not sure there’s many clubs that can claim the moral high ground when it comes to this.
Derby latest..... on 05:56 - Sep 18 with 1291 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Derby latest..... on 03:16 - Sep 18 by davblue

I’m not sure there’s many clubs that can claim the moral high ground when it comes to this.

Evans never spent sums that he couldn’t afford to personally cover. He would never have put the club into that position financially.
Derby latest..... on 07:35 - Sep 18 with 1204 viewsPlums

Derby latest..... on 03:16 - Sep 18 by davblue

Very different. Whatever we may think of Evans, he didn’t set up a new company and sell the ground to it to enable an £80m cash injection to be put into the club in an attempt to contravene FFP.
Derby’s a basket case but there’s nothing anyone should be celebrating here. There will be many small local businesses that supply them that are currently going under with this news.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Derby latest..... on 08:22 - Sep 18 with 1141 viewsgarygboltonblue

Derby latest..... on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Lord_Lucan

Does everyone hate Derby? I forget.

The whole East Midlands thing is a nonentity to me, I care little. Hooever - I used to like Forest of late as they are similar to us, they were once brilliant and now sh1t.

I'm also warming to Leicester, probably because it's a very good business town for us, also our online sales manager bod lives in Leicester. Here's a thing, he was on our stand at a trade exhibition last week and we got chit chatting about Luton as we were both born there. He is Indian and apparently he was at school with Tommy Robinson Yaxley Lennon, he says that Yaxley was one of the main face drug runners back in the day and used to chill with the Asians all the time. He reckons he is extremely switched on and doing the Union Jack stuff just for money

Morning Lord ,Keith Weller ?
Derby latest..... on 08:27 - Sep 18 with 1123 viewsPippin1970

Can we negotiate for Derby's docked points. Put a bid in.
Derby latest..... on 08:31 - Sep 18 with 1117 viewsdavblue

Derby latest..... on 05:56 - Sep 18 by PrideOfTheEast

Evans never spent sums that he couldn’t afford to personally cover. He would never have put the club into that position financially.

We had a debt of 100 million in league 1. Of course owed to him but what would have happened if he had decided to stop funding the club?

Same with the current ownership.
Derby latest..... on 08:56 - Sep 18 with 1073 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Derby latest..... on 08:31 - Sep 18 by davblue

We had a debt of 100 million in league 1. Of course owed to him but what would have happened if he had decided to stop funding the club?

Same with the current ownership.

He significantly reduced the amount he put in over time because he didn’t want to overexpose himself. Derby massively gambled on getting promotion. A huge difference in approach.

Evans passed the club on responsibly to a better funded owner. An awful lot of owners don’t do that and clubs end up in an absolute state. We should be thankful for that.
Derby latest..... on 09:10 - Sep 18 with 1053 viewspointofblue

Derby latest..... on 08:56 - Sep 18 by PrideOfTheEast

He significantly reduced the amount he put in over time because he didn’t want to overexpose himself. Derby massively gambled on getting promotion. A huge difference in approach.

Evans passed the club on responsibly to a better funded owner. An awful lot of owners don’t do that and clubs end up in an absolute state. We should be thankful for that.

Evans made a complete mess of his time here but, maybe slightly shockingly, we could have had a lot worse.

I’m not sure if we’re a set of supporters who should be throwing stones about trying to buy our way to promotion, though, considering the early Evans years (before he checked himself) and now Gamechanger.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Derby latest..... on 09:43 - Sep 18 with 1014 viewsGuthrum

Derby latest..... on 00:11 - Sep 18 by TheBoyBlue

How long before football gets to grips with it being down to players being paid too much and transferred too much? Heck, even Barcelona can't balance the books.

Need for instant success. No time to develop squads and players, just buy the best you can afford (better offer them nice wages, too), hire and fire managers until you get one which works, flog who you can to try balancing the books, suck in endless funds from outside.

Quick, before the media and fans turn against you.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Derby latest..... on 09:44 - Sep 18 with 1013 viewstextbackup

Derby latest..... on 05:56 - Sep 18 by PrideOfTheEast

I think I remember one of his interviews where he spoke about his son at the breakfast table (son had grown to become a Town fan) and his boy as moaning at him over breakfast for not signing players for £2/3m like other clubs.

Whilst I certainly wasn't a fan of ME, for not totally fcking us (financially) is something im grateful for.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Derby latest..... on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 985 viewsLord_Lucan

Derby latest..... on 00:29 - Sep 18 by bluefunk

I think it might have been Keith Weller, their winger

That's him!

Thanks Christ for that, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Thanks

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Derby latest..... on 10:03 - Sep 18 with 984 viewsLord_Lucan

Derby latest..... on 08:22 - Sep 18 by garygboltonblue

Morning Lord ,Keith Weller ?

Ditto!

Thanks

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Derby latest..... on 10:20 - Sep 18 with 957 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Derby latest..... on 09:44 - Sep 18 by textbackup

I think I remember one of his interviews where he spoke about his son at the breakfast table (son had grown to become a Town fan) and his boy as moaning at him over breakfast for not signing players for £2/3m like other clubs.

Whilst I certainly wasn't a fan of ME, for not totally fcking us (financially) is something im grateful for.

Yep. Was one of his daughters who is pretty clued up football wise.
Derby latest..... on 10:24 - Sep 18 with 943 viewsbluefunk

Derby latest..... on 10:02 - Sep 18 by Lord_Lucan

That's him!

Thanks Christ for that, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Thanks

Happy to help😁😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024