Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The f**tards are at it again... 10:32 - Sep 24 with 8472 viewsSitfcB

...big queues at all the petrol stations I’ve seen in and around Ipswich/Suffolk this morning.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The f**tards are at it again... on 22:57 - Sep 24 with 1407 viewsbluelagos

The f**tards are at it again... on 22:55 - Sep 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

....ironically my work van is very low on diesel and I have 2 empty 20 litre containers in the back which need petrol in for machinery....hope nobody sees me filling them up.

You're exempt from public shaming Bankster - just show 'em yer lawn mowers :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The f**tards are at it again... on 23:06 - Sep 24 with 1388 viewsChurchman

The f**tards are at it again... on 21:36 - Sep 24 by HARRY10

Another stupid response, as this merely causes some to then go from one station to another - just as a retired retarded) in law did when there was shortages in the shops a year or so back.

The opposite should be done - a minimum price , £30 or more.

That would stop the cretins from 'topping up'

Agree with this - and ban jerry/petrol cans until things ease.

In terms of storing it I’m reminded of my yoof. Me and my first wreck of a car. In about 1980 there was another petrol crisis. My dad was working in Torbay and I was living in Kent. Distance 230 miles, clapped out Morris 1100 range about 230 miles. I’m young so f it I’ll give it a go. I just made it. Phew!

At the end of the weekend, the dreaded return beckoned. I found a garage and filled up till it slopped over the trainers. Hurrah! But what about delays? No worries, my dad had a spare bucket in his garage. So I filed that to the brim, dragged a carrier bag over it, sellotaped for spillage and in the boot it went. Wedged it with boot junk for safety and was ready to rock. What could go wrong?

Off I went and the car no longer had the smell of damp carpet, cheap plastic and mouldering electrics. There was this sort of haze and a somewhat powerful whiff of petrol. No idea why. Hey ho, I reached Exeter and the windows were open but the eyes were streaming. I approached Taunton and the head was swimming big time so after considering a fag to knock back the smell and rejecting it as iffy, safety first thought I, I decided to pull over and bung the bucket of petrol in the tank. If I lost a bit never mind. I’d done the maths.

Me and the hard shoulder became one and then it dawned. No funnel or means of bucket to tank transfer. Oh well thought I, I’ll just tip it in. It didn’t go well and wound up wearing more four star than ever made it to the petrol tank. Oh well. I clambered back in, four windows open and 55mph all the way home, no fags.

I made it! But I learned a valuable lesson. If you are carrying a bucket of petrol, don’t forget a funnel!

Edit: How thick can you get? Yep that was idiot me.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 23:25]
The f**tards are at it again... on 23:16 - Sep 24 with 1363 viewsHARRY10

The f**tards are at it again... on 17:07 - Sep 24 by swede

I was nearly on red so went to Morrisons in Felixstowe at 9am this morning. I had no idea there would be queues and should have filled up the previous evening on way home from work but was running late.
The woman in front of me squeezed every drop of fuel she could into her car and the total came to £7.34. Unbelievable!
Thankfully it only took me 20 minutes.

and there is the perfect example of how my suggestion of a minimum charge would work

O appreciate that mny will fill up before the w/e. and often when coming back afger the w/e away for the coming week - but sh itbags like that woman need not only stopping. but maybe shaming (shooting)

overworked NHS staff were coming off duty last year to find much of what they needed was gone - often because the very generation that most of their work as directed towards had both the time and money to go from supermarket to supermarket buying as much as they could

with petrol, a simple minimum charge* would sift out a huge number of these scumbags, and a temporary ban on filling petrol cans at certain times

* £30-£40 minimum payment, so if you can only squeeze £7.40 in then tough - and for gods sake do NOT introduce a limit as this will make things far worse
The f**tards are at it again... on 00:02 - Sep 25 with 1330 viewsHARRY10

The f**tards are at it again... on 23:16 - Sep 24 by HARRY10

and there is the perfect example of how my suggestion of a minimum charge would work

O appreciate that mny will fill up before the w/e. and often when coming back afger the w/e away for the coming week - but sh itbags like that woman need not only stopping. but maybe shaming (shooting)

overworked NHS staff were coming off duty last year to find much of what they needed was gone - often because the very generation that most of their work as directed towards had both the time and money to go from supermarket to supermarket buying as much as they could

with petrol, a simple minimum charge* would sift out a huge number of these scumbags, and a temporary ban on filling petrol cans at certain times

* £30-£40 minimum payment, so if you can only squeeze £7.40 in then tough - and for gods sake do NOT introduce a limit as this will make things far worse

And right on cue ASDA have decided to add to the problem by imposing a maximum purchase (£30) !

That merely makes the problem worse as it does not reduce the volume of vehicles at it's forecourt, it actually increases them, as it does nothing to stop motorists hoping from one station to another.

For bigger cars £30 will merely mean they can go to enough stations to continue until their tank is full. Impose a minimum charge and you will remove the last 'fill up'.

Much as with the motorways where hold ups are now dealt with by reducing the speed limit of vehicles approaching the hold up, thus allowing a smoother movement of traffic by reducing the number of vehicles arriving at the hold up.

That is fairly basic logic, that's why there are booking arrangements, so as to regulate the numbers needing to be dealt with at anyone time.

What ASDA are doing is allowing a greater number of vehicles to visit the station - and in so doing causing the queues.

There is not a shortage of fuel, merely an inability to process a higher but unnecessary level of demand. So choke off that demand by reducing the number of vehicles, not encourage a greater number.
The f**tards are at it again... on 04:06 - Sep 25 with 1280 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The f**tards are at it again... on 23:16 - Sep 24 by HARRY10

Cracking policy that definitely won’t penalise those on the breadline that only put small amounts in their car as and when they need it, as that’s all they can afford

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The f**tards are at it again... on 05:45 - Sep 25 with 1240 viewsPippin1970

I've got electric car and grow all my own vegetables. I'm ahead of the game.
The f**tards are at it again... on 06:28 - Sep 25 with 1217 viewsLesta_Tractor

The f**tards are at it again... on 20:41 - Sep 24 by Mr_J

Just made it home with my range showing "0 miles". Either no fuel wherever I stopped or the queues were so big I had to take a detour. The media has alot to answer for, honestly the front page of the S*n should incur them a massive fine, tossers.

Really worried about tomorrow now, if I go out to get fuel and I'm unsuccessful I'll be screwed. All because we learned nothing from building loo roll fortresses 18 months ago.

Sorry, down voted that with a fat fingered error...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:13 - Sep 25 with 1125 viewsnoggin

Just been to my local petrol station and I was the only person filling up. No panic buying here.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:16 - Sep 25 with 1121 viewsbluelagos

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:13 - Sep 25 by noggin

Just been to my local petrol station and I was the only person filling up. No panic buying here.

So if we all drive to Norway, we can get fuel without a queue. :-)

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:18 - Sep 25 with 1118 viewsnoggin

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:16 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

I'll even put the kettle on. All welcome.

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:21 - Sep 25 with 1108 viewsbluelagos

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:18 - Sep 25 by noggin

I'll even put the kettle on. All welcome.

I like my bacon well done thanks. My motorbike range might not get me to Dover though :-(

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:23 - Sep 25 with 1100 viewsLesta_Tractor

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:13 - Sep 25 by noggin

Have to say there weren't any queues at the Costco petrol station in Leicester

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:26 - Sep 25 with 1093 viewsnoggin

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:21 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

I like my bacon well done thanks. My motorbike range might not get me to Dover though :-(

First you want our fuel, now it's the meat. I can see where this is going.

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:29 - Sep 25 with 1086 viewsbluelagos

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:26 - Sep 25 by noggin

First you want our fuel, now it's the meat. I can see where this is going.

Got any spare turkeys? Or a spare PM?

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:37 - Sep 25 with 1077 viewsnoggin

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:29 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

Got any spare turkeys? Or a spare PM?

I can do you a nice line in boiled cod for Christmas.

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:39 - Sep 25 with 1075 viewssolomon

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:16 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

Or as a nation and a society we need to give ourselves a bit of slap across the face. We really are a bunch of lazy sods, if your car journey can be replaced by public transport and it’s cost efficient to do so, then many of us don’t need the car? If we adopted a more controlled and considerate approach we could go some way to alleviating this current problem whilst carrying on as normal.

I also appreciate that not everyone has access to affordable public transport or that it works for their needs, but for those who could there’s really no excuse.
The f**tards are at it again... on 08:48 - Sep 25 with 1054 viewsLord_Lucan

Bloke has just been on the radio saying he drove around for four hours trying to buy some petrol.

Four hours. Silly sod didn’t need any if you think about it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:50 - Sep 25 with 1051 viewsmultiplescoregasms

Just got back home to Chelmsford from Farnborough. I didn't see a single petrol station either without a massive queue or just not open. Even South Mimms has run out. Think it might be a case of listening to the game on the radio then.
The f**tards are at it again... on 09:01 - Sep 25 with 1022 viewsbluelagos

The f**tards are at it again... on 08:50 - Sep 25 by multiplescoregasms

Just got back home to Chelmsford from Farnborough. I didn't see a single petrol station either without a massive queue or just not open. Even South Mimms has run out. Think it might be a case of listening to the game on the radio then.

Trains/buses are running...

The f**tards are at it again... on 09:03 - Sep 25 with 1016 viewsDubtractor

This made me chuckle.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The f**tards are at it again... on 09:36 - Sep 25 with 985 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The f**tards are at it again... on 22:57 - Sep 24 by bluelagos

You're exempt from public shaming Bankster - just show 'em yer lawn mowers :-)

Imagine not being able to get to work!
#buysasyphon
Can we just have proper lockdown back now please?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The f**tards are at it again... on 09:46 - Sep 25 with 970 viewsLeaky

The f**tards are at it again... on 12:40 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

You say that, but in previous similar crises, there have been cases of people storing the stuff in buckets, open barrels and other unsuitable containers. Also attempting to steal petrol from parked vehicles, including by cutting fuel pipes.

You wait untill central heating oil gets nicked. Some one then rings a heating engineer as there heating is not working. heating engineer tells customer he cant call out as he has no fuel in his van.
The f**tards are at it again... on 09:50 - Sep 25 with 949 viewssolomon

The f**tards are at it again... on 09:01 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

Trains/buses are running...

Far too many people in this country seems to think public transport is the first step towards some sort of communist brainwashing.
The f**tards are at it again... on 09:55 - Sep 25 with 935 viewsSwansea_Blue

The f**tards are at it again... on 05:45 - Sep 25 by Pippin1970

I've got electric car and grow all my own vegetables. I'm ahead of the game.

Wait until we start having national grid shutdowns and a shortage of, er, spades. Then you won’t be so cocky .

Must be handy having an electric car right now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The f**tards are at it again... on 09:58 - Sep 25 with 924 viewsgiant_stow

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024