Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope everyone is ready 08:06 - Sep 27 with 8847 viewschicoazul

…for the rolling blackouts, meat rationing, bins collected once a month, fuel shortages, price inflation, and materials shortages of the next 7 months.
Never mind petrol; start panic buying warm blankets.
Still at least Greta will be happy.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hope everyone is ready on 15:34 - Sep 27 with 743 viewschicoazul

Hope everyone is ready on 15:16 - Sep 27 by bluelagos

"...Green policies that will have precisely zero effect on planet warming..."

QED.

They will have zero effect. We are a tiny country in terms of emissions. China is bringing on stream *new* coal power that alone will be more than our existing carbon based megawatt output. By all means do some of the things people have suggested in this thread about dairy and red meat but don’t pretend it will make any difference to anyone other than yourself and your family unless 4bn other people do it too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Hope everyone is ready on 15:36 - Sep 27 with 736 viewsHerbivore

Hope everyone is ready on 15:34 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

They will have zero effect. We are a tiny country in terms of emissions. China is bringing on stream *new* coal power that alone will be more than our existing carbon based megawatt output. By all means do some of the things people have suggested in this thread about dairy and red meat but don’t pretend it will make any difference to anyone other than yourself and your family unless 4bn other people do it too.

Be the change you want to see.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hope everyone is ready on 15:39 - Sep 27 with 724 viewsbluelagos

Hope everyone is ready on 15:34 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

That's nonsense.

If you said "They will have limited effect - and be offset by the failures of others to follow our lead" then you would have a point. As it is, by saying it will have "zero effect" you are simply repeating your usual nonsense on the subject in your usual contrarian manner.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hope everyone is ready on 15:40 - Sep 27 with 704 viewsmonytowbray

Hope everyone is ready on 15:29 - Sep 27 by bluelagos

People who think our govt shouldn't act are around, but they are very much in the minority fortunately. Even BJ is talking a good game in the lead up to the COP thingy.

The issue for me is making the promises made actually happen...I don't have much faith in our political leaders to see them through to fruition.

I was surprised Monday by his teenager analogy. Had balls to do in the face of Tufton St. I hope he’ll sort his head out and realise he’s a patsy, carve out his usual egotistical BORISx project and get it right.

But also you are right, action speaks louder and time will tell. I hope it’s not another garden bridge or olympic stadium fail.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Hope everyone is ready on 15:41 - Sep 27 with 716 viewsHerbivore

Hope everyone is ready on 15:39 - Sep 27 by bluelagos

That's nonsense.

If you said "They will have limited effect - and be offset by the failures of others to follow our lead" then you would have a point. As it is, by saying it will have "zero effect" you are simply repeating your usual nonsense on the subject in your usual contrarian manner.

Currently we emit more carbon on a per capita basis than China so tyring to pin it all on them is very silly. Also, part of the reason they emit what they do is because we fuel their manufacturing industry. If as a country we stopped doing that and started setting a better example it might make a difference, at least it might have done when we were still considered a serious nation.

Hope everyone is ready on 15:42 - Sep 27 with 700 viewsmonytowbray

That's nonsense.

Wonder if he’s read the “made in XXX” mould print on the bottom of any of the pointless crap he’s brought lately?

Cognitive dissonance of a Dunning Kruger level.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 15:42]

TWTD never forgets…

Hope everyone is ready on 15:44 - Sep 27 with 703 viewsbluelagos

Hope everyone is ready on 15:41 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

Currently we emit more carbon on a per capita basis than China so tyring to pin it all on them is very silly. Also, part of the reason they emit what they do is because we fuel their manufacturing industry. If as a country we stopped doing that and started setting a better example it might make a difference, at least it might have done when we were still considered a serious nation.

Yep, we have exported a lot of our Co2 emissions by closing down much of our manufacturing and we now ship much of those goods from China. People claiming we have made big steps need to factor in this to their thinking on the subject.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hope everyone is ready on 15:44 - Sep 27 with 700 viewschicoazul

Hope everyone is ready on 15:36 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

Be the change you want to see.

I do understand this good point and have made some changes in mine and my families lives, for health reasons as much as them moaning at me about stuff. But I’m very fatalistic about it all you see. As long as gigantic economies like the US India and China carry on as they are nothing we do makes any difference. We are not important or influential.

Login to get fewer ads

Hope everyone is ready on 15:45 - Sep 27 with 695 viewschicoazul

That's nonsense.

You seem to be agreeing with me. However you want to couch it linguistically it’s still the same truism.

Hope everyone is ready on 16:00 - Sep 27 with 656 viewsMookamoo

Hope everyone is ready on 15:44 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

I do understand this good point and have made some changes in mine and my families lives, for health reasons as much as them moaning at me about stuff. But I’m very fatalistic about it all you see. As long as gigantic economies like the US India and China carry on as they are nothing we do makes any difference. We are not important or influential.

China have said they will be carbon neutral by 2060. They are way ahead of us with electric cars. Yes they could do more, but its a little unfair to say they are just carrying on regardless.
Hope everyone is ready on 16:10 - Sep 27 with 644 viewschicoazul

Hope everyone is ready on 16:00 - Sep 27 by Mookamoo

China have said they will be carbon neutral by 2060. They are way ahead of us with electric cars. Yes they could do more, but its a little unfair to say they are just carrying on regardless.

Lololol
You believe the Party when it says that?

Hope everyone is ready on 16:11 - Sep 27 with 643 viewsCotty

Hope everyone is ready on 15:44 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

That's just a lazy excuse for not doing something about it yourself.
Hope everyone is ready on 16:33 - Sep 27 with 605 viewschicoazul

Hope everyone is ready on 16:11 - Sep 27 by Cotty

That's just a lazy excuse for not doing something about it yourself.

Two things: I have literally said I am doing something about it myself despite the fact it’s pointless; and I’m right. It is pointless.

Hope everyone is ready on 16:39 - Sep 27 with 600 viewsvilanovablue

Hope everyone is ready on 16:00 - Sep 27 by Mookamoo

Also China is miles ahead in terms of renewable projects in spite of the fact we started way before them.
Hope everyone is ready on 16:55 - Sep 27 with 587 viewsleitrimblue

Hope everyone is ready on 12:12 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

Meat and dairy farmers need to be subsidised to switch to crop farming wherever it's feasible for them to do so. People who are battery farming chickens can get in the sea and the warehouses used for paintball or go karting.

I have a weird question, might just be cause it's half an hour after 4:20. But what happens to all the cattle? Would these species no longer exist? Small numbers kept in wild or zoo's?
Hope everyone is ready on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 580 viewsEly_Blue

Hope everyone is ready on 13:47 - Sep 27 by DanTheMan

"Almond milk is far more resource hungry than any dairy herd will ever be, just ask the people of California where most of the production comes from"

As far as I know, this is flat out incorrect. How did you come to this conclusion?

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/17/1028452988/climate-change-california-drought-heat

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Hope everyone is ready on 17:08 - Sep 27 with 562 viewsHerbivore

Hope everyone is ready on 17:03 - Sep 27 by Ely_Blue

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/17/1028452988/climate-change-california-drought-heat

Ffs.

Here's yet another link for you showing you to be wrong about almond milk being worse than dairy for the environment: https://theconversation.com/amp/which-milk-is-best-for-the-environment-we-compar
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 17:11]

Hope everyone is ready on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 541 viewsmonytowbray

Hope everyone is ready on 16:55 - Sep 27 by leitrimblue

I have a weird question, might just be cause it's half an hour after 4:20. But what happens to all the cattle? Would these species no longer exist? Small numbers kept in wild or zoo's?

Wild cows. I'm here for it.

TWTD never forgets…

Hope everyone is ready on 17:18 - Sep 27 with 539 viewsmonytowbray

That's an argument about capitalism, and still doesn't say what you think it does.

Come on Ely, context. Explain what this means and how it supports your argument...
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 17:20]

TWTD never forgets…

Hope everyone is ready on 17:19 - Sep 27 with 538 viewsDanTheMan

That does not say anything about dairy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Hope everyone is ready on 17:20 - Sep 27 with 531 viewsmonytowbray

Hope everyone is ready on 17:19 - Sep 27 by DanTheMan

That does not say anything about dairy.

Says a lot about his brain capacity though.

TWTD never forgets…

Hope everyone is ready on 17:23 - Sep 27 with 526 viewsleitrimblue

Hope everyone is ready on 17:16 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

Wild cows. I'm here for it.

Just open the farm gates an let um out like the end of escape to victory?😁
Hope everyone is ready on 17:27 - Sep 27 with 514 viewsmonytowbray

Hope everyone is ready on 17:23 - Sep 27 by leitrimblue

Just open the farm gates an let um out like the end of escape to victory?😁

Sure, why not?!

It’s now an hour after 420 so I suggest you have another smoke and watch that, then tell me you aren’t here for that?!

TWTD never forgets…

Hope everyone is ready on 17:28 - Sep 27 with 507 viewsleitrimblue

Hope everyone is ready on 17:27 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

Sure, why not?!

It’s now an hour after 420 so I suggest you have another smoke and watch that, then tell me you aren’t here for that?!

Give us a few mins
Hope everyone is ready on 17:29 - Sep 27 with 498 viewsmonytowbray

Hope everyone is ready on 17:28 - Sep 27 by leitrimblue

Give us a few mins

That reminds me…

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024