Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 09:56 - Sep 29 with 2495 viewsbluelady

having watched back the highlights I hadn't realised last night how many of the goals Celina was involved in! I thought he was better last night and has started to look much sharper, but didn't realise quite how influential he was! I also love his clear love of the Town fans..... Was on the fence about him, wasn't sure what his attitude would be like dropping into league 1, but actually think he will be immense for us.
Celina on 09:58 - Sep 29 with 2469 viewsdavblue

i thought he was well off it for most of the game, but he has that ability, that bit of magic dust to do something special that all good teams need.
Celina on 09:59 - Sep 29 with 2450 viewsvilanovablue

Hoping that once he gets a few more games under his belt he could potentially make a massive difference and he is clearly happy here.
Celina on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 2421 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Celina on 09:58 - Sep 29 by davblue

i thought he was well off it for most of the game, but he has that ability, that bit of magic dust to do something special that all good teams need.

I think he will be that type of player.

Quiet for the most part, but capable of turning the game on its head in a moment.

For every Morsy, you also need a Celina.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Celina on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 2421 viewsbluelady

and not a luxury if he can have the vision for some of the passes he made in the final third tonight. at least 3 goals were in someway down to him.
Celina on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 2415 viewsSkip_Intro

To be fair that's hardly surprising given he had no preseason and some pretty serious health issues.
Just think how good he will be once he is fully match fit...
Celina on 10:55 - Sep 29 with 2184 viewsGarv

It was good to see him and Fraser swapping roles. Arguably brings out the best in both of them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Celina on 11:04 - Sep 29 with 2124 viewsRozz

Celina on 10:55 - Sep 29 by Garv

It was good to see him and Fraser swapping roles. Arguably brings out the best in both of them.

This. I said before the game that it's Fraser as a no.10 and Celina on the left, for me.

Credit to Cook, after that switch they just couldn't live with us. Celina's deliveries from there are his best asset, and the Burns signature cutback from the right touchline continues to come up trumps. Keep those two fit and firing, and we will outscore most in this league IMO.
Celina on 11:06 - Sep 29 with 2101 viewsMediocre_Quick

Not to make the comparison, but I’m going to, he reminds me a little of Coutinho at Liverpool, quiet for the most part, almost a luxury passenger, but turned it on when it mattered most, although he hasn’t scored a 30 yard screamer yet (I imagine that’ll come soon) he can turn it on at the drop
Of a hat
Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 11:09 - Sep 29 with 2032 viewsGarv

Celina on 11:04 - Sep 29 by Rozz

This. I said before the game that it's Fraser as a no.10 and Celina on the left, for me.

Credit to Cook, after that switch they just couldn't live with us. Celina's deliveries from there are his best asset, and the Burns signature cutback from the right touchline continues to come up trumps. Keep those two fit and firing, and we will outscore most in this league IMO.

We already are outscoring most. Only Sunderland and Bolton (5 against us) have scored as many.

edit: MK Dons have 20. Didn't realise how good a start they'd made. Weren't they meant to implode after Martin left?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:10]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Celina on 11:10 - Sep 29 with 2006 viewsitfcsuth

I still think he looks slightly rusty, which is to be expected given he missed a lot of pre season with COVID19 & health problems.

He has only played 3 games, and hasn't completed 90 minutes, but did complete his longest outing last night with 77 minutes.

I thought he started to find his grove after around 30 minutes when he began to float a little more, dropping a little deeper at times, sliding out wide at times.

His 2 deliveries for his assists were brilliant, his ball for L.Evans goal was outstanding.
Celina on 11:20 - Sep 29 with 1904 viewsMattinLondon

He was definitely off the pace and not at his best. But he did always want the ball and try to do something with it. A lot of his flicks etc didn’t come off but once he gets going then he will create a lot.
Celina on 11:22 - Sep 29 with 1894 viewsGeoffSentence

Celina on 11:09 - Sep 29 by Garv

We already are outscoring most. Only Sunderland and Bolton (5 against us) have scored as many.

edit: MK Dons have 20. Didn't realise how good a start they'd made. Weren't they meant to implode after Martin left?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:10]

Only fair to point out that MK and bolton have both played a game more. Sunderland, MK and Town are all averaging 2 goals per game in the league.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Celina on 11:30 - Sep 29 with 1825 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Celina on 10:01 - Sep 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he will be that type of player.

Quiet for the most part, but capable of turning the game on its head in a moment.

For every Morsy, you also need a Celina.

I'm that kind of messageboarder.

Sprinkling magic dust. In post form.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Celina on 11:33 - Sep 29 with 1794 viewschrismakin

I said last night, his footwork wasn't upto speed like previous years, step overs and flicks almost in slow motion, this will no doubt get quicker over games, he's going to be a very dangerous player at this level after xmas

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Celina on 11:39 - Sep 29 with 1746 viewstractorboy1978

Celina on 11:33 - Sep 29 by chrismakin

I said last night, his footwork wasn't upto speed like previous years, step overs and flicks almost in slow motion, this will no doubt get quicker over games, he's going to be a very dangerous player at this level after xmas

He looks far more matured now. We saw a player previously that was pretty raw despite being exciting. I think we will see less of the fancy flicks and hopefully more end product. He picked out several very good passes last night (including two assists) where last time he was here he would probably have tried to overcomplicate it or go alone.
Celina on 13:17 - Sep 29 with 1447 views3_5_2

Looked short of fitness which is understandable but as he gets up to speed he is going to be a handful at this level.

He clearly loves being here which is great to see

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Celina on 13:27 - Sep 29 with 1386 viewsParky

Celina on 10:01 - Sep 29 by bluelady

and not a luxury if he can have the vision for some of the passes he made in the final third tonight. at least 3 goals were in someway down to him.

There was a pass he made in the first half which was absolutely unreal, no back-lift at all and switched it a good 45 yards, straight to Penney’s feet.
Celina on 13:32 - Sep 29 with 1350 viewsgordon

Celina on 11:04 - Sep 29 by Rozz

Think we'll end up more with Morsy playing centrally behind Evans and Fraser, and then Celina and Burns either side of Bonne.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 13:33]
Celina on 13:36 - Sep 29 with 1316 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought he looked like he needed a little more time on the ball than he had at times. He did get a lot of space and played some lovely balls that didn't always come off. Overall had a good game.

I wonder how much the space he (and others) had was down to Morsy and how well he played and how much was down to Doncaster being poor (they had done a lot of travelling in the previous few days). I suspect it was a bit of both. It will be very interesting how our performance on Saturday compares.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024