Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Support Today 20:20 - Oct 2 with 3458 viewspennblue

It was pretty lame today. Hardly mustered one song in the 2nd half. Always difficult with no roof, but our support was as flat as the performance on the pitch.

It is our job to get behind the team and be that 12th man, well today we failed.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Our Support Today on 20:22 - Oct 2 with 2848 viewschrismakin

Tbf to anyone that went, wet cold accrington not a day for a party

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Our Support Today on 20:24 - Oct 2 with 2833 viewsSitfcB

Long Northern trip, most would’ve been up since 5/6am, no roof, p!ssing down with rain all day and a shoddy performance especially in the second half, no surprise b

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our Support Today on 21:03 - Oct 2 with 2722 viewsnoggin

You should have tried harder.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Our Support Today on 21:22 - Oct 2 with 2670 viewsGlasgowBlue

Very quiet in the second half. Was a very strange atmosphere. The only song they could manage was “we smoke where we want” after a steward went into the stand to give somebody a telling off for smoking.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our Support Today on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 2635 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our Support Today on 21:22 - Oct 2 by GlasgowBlue

Very quiet in the second half. Was a very strange atmosphere. The only song they could manage was “we smoke where we want” after a steward went into the stand to give somebody a telling off for smoking.

Typical Tory...it's 'we.'
That brolly, if yours, was the highlight of the day! Had a lot of space around it though!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our Support Today on 22:01 - Oct 2 with 2541 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our Support Today on 21:27 - Oct 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

That brolly, if yours, was the highlight of the day! Had a lot of space around it though!

I didn’t have a brolly. My butler had one though, which kept me dry.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 22:16]

Iron Lion Zion

Our Support Today on 22:46 - Oct 2 with 2466 viewsLeBlue

Our Support Today on 21:27 - Oct 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

That brolly was truly excellent. I want one.
Our Support Today on 22:52 - Oct 2 with 2423 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our Support Today on 22:46 - Oct 2 by LeBlue

Did somebody genuinely have a brolly? The only brolly I would have brought along is my Mrs fake one, which is actually a hip flask full of gin that always gets through security at gigs and festivals.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Our Support Today on 22:55 - Oct 2 with 2415 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our Support Today on 22:46 - Oct 2 by LeBlue

Half brolly,half tent...a trolly perhaps.

Our Support Today on 22:58 - Oct 2 with 2402 viewsSitfcB

Our Support Today on 22:55 - Oct 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Half brolly,half tent...a trolly perhaps.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our Support Today on 23:16 - Oct 2 with 2323 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Our Support Today on 22:58 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

Did they think they were going fishing.

My mate has one of those when he fishes ion wet windy days.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Our Support Today on 23:17 - Oct 2 with 2322 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Female butler too while he uses the phone....class!

Our Support Today on 05:06 - Oct 3 with 2141 viewsChondzoresk

Did you go? Did you stand in torrential rain without protection? Were you up before dawn to get there?

I rarely downvote any thread or comment, but you deserve it on this thread.
Our Support Today on 06:34 - Oct 3 with 2094 viewsbluestandard

It just isn’t good enough is it…….we’re 10 games in now, and the Town support should have gelled by now.

BTW, for those that don’t appreciate sarcasm, well done to everyone that made it up there yesterday 👏👏
Our Support Today on 08:15 - Oct 3 with 1972 viewsOldboy

I think you will find that it is the managers job to motivate the players, not mine. I spent nearly 9 hours driving and £70 on fuel yesterday. Add that to the ticket price and refreshments and you are well over £100. Nobody makes me do it, I do it out of my love for this football club. Shame the players don't feel the same. It is their job to give me something to sing about. It is their job to entertain. If they can't do that after all the effort we put in to supporting them, then no, I am not going to sing their names. All this 12th man bo11ocks does my nut in. Believe it or not, yesterday was a bad day for all of us that did a 500 mile round trip. The difference being, it cost us all a small fortune to do it and they got paid a fortune for not doing their job.
The next time you want to have a go at our supporters, just remember the time, money and effort we have put into supporting this club. We did our bit by turning up, shame the players didn't feel the same.
It wasn't the supporters fault we lost yesterday you plank, it was because the management and players didn't do their job correctly.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 8:20]
Our Support Today on 09:23 - Oct 3 with 1840 viewsReuser_is_God

Our Support Today on 21:22 - Oct 2 by GlasgowBlue

Always is for these northern games, they attract a different type of supporter which is fair enough.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Our Support Today on 09:33 - Oct 3 with 1821 viewsblueislander

Our Support Today on 09:23 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

Always is for these northern games, they attract a different type of supporter which is fair enough.

Some people don’t seem to realize that the noise that supporters make at a match is in direct proportion to the excitement generated. Of course there are people who think that the most important factor in supporting a team is to sing, and good luck to them, but they are going to be disappointed when they realize that not everyone shares their view.
Our Support Today on 09:41 - Oct 3 with 1775 viewsOldboy

Our Support Today on 09:23 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

Not sure what you mean by that. "They attract a different type of supporter"? I go to probably half of our away games and tend to see the same faces at most. I am a bit confused by your response.
Our Support Today on 13:43 - Oct 3 with 1642 viewsLeaky

Our Support Today on 09:41 - Oct 3 by Oldboy

Not sure what you mean by that. "They attract a different type of supporter"? I go to probably half of our away games and tend to see the same faces at most. I am a bit confused by your response.

I think he means some northern supporters only go to northern games. I usually meet up with different people at southern games, than I do at northern games. I have friends from Cheshire that I'm not expecting to meet at Plymouth.
Our Support Today on 13:46 - Oct 3 with 1631 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There were a couple of groups of lads trying to get it going. Didnt seem to draw much enthusiasm from the others though. It’s always quiet at Accrington though, so oh well.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Our Support Today on 14:42 - Oct 3 with 1579 viewsDeano69

In Shorts, top man, well it is only October.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Our Support Today on 15:40 - Oct 3 with 1526 viewspennblue

Our Support Today on 05:06 - Oct 3 by Chondzoresk

Did you go? Did you stand in torrential rain without protection? Were you up before dawn to get there?

I rarely downvote any thread or comment, but you deserve it on this thread.

Yes I went, I was up at 4am driving round for 2 hours trying to find fuel. Then got on the train down to Marylebone before realising the Euston Preston train was packed. Then proceeded to return back to finding fuel and eventually got up there by car.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:55]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Our Support Today on 16:25 - Oct 3 with 1486 viewsAlanG296

At a home game, not a problem if you don't make noise, at least you're funding the club, but away, if you just stand there watching, all you're doing is contributing to the opposition's wages.
Our Support Today on 16:41 - Oct 3 with 1457 viewsTractorWood

Our Support Today on 08:15 - Oct 3 by Oldboy

I think you will find that it is the managers job to motivate the players, not mine. I spent nearly 9 hours driving and £70 on fuel yesterday. Add that to the ticket price and refreshments and you are well over £100. Nobody makes me do it, I do it out of my love for this football club. Shame the players don't feel the same. It is their job to give me something to sing about. It is their job to entertain. If they can't do that after all the effort we put in to supporting them, then no, I am not going to sing their names. All this 12th man bo11ocks does my nut in. Believe it or not, yesterday was a bad day for all of us that did a 500 mile round trip. The difference being, it cost us all a small fortune to do it and they got paid a fortune for not doing their job.
The next time you want to have a go at our supporters, just remember the time, money and effort we have put into supporting this club. We did our bit by turning up, shame the players didn't feel the same.
It wasn't the supporters fault we lost yesterday you plank, it was because the management and players didn't do their job correctly.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 8:20]

Don't listen to it mate. Cracking effort going up.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Our Support Today on 16:44 - Oct 3 with 1447 viewsnoggin

Our Support Today on 15:40 - Oct 3 by pennblue

Yes I went, I was up at 4am driving round for 2 hours trying to find fuel. Then got on the train down to Marylebone before realising the Euston Preston train was packed. Then proceeded to return back to finding fuel and eventually got up there by car.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:55]

How many songs did you try to start?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024