Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid 15:37 - Oct 5 with 8936 viewsitfctim

Just a heads up for people, but it seems Doncaster at home could have been a 'Super Spreader' particularly in SBR Lower. Given the average time period for symptoms to show, it's pointing towards that game, with at least 8 people that I know of, testing positive since. May be coincidence, may have some substance, but, as I say, just a heads up if anyone links being at the game, and now feeling ill.
Covid on 20:00 - Oct 5 with 1802 viewsChondzoresk

Covid on 19:53 - Oct 5 by SouthBucksBlue

I thought that LFTs gave more false positives than false negatives. Is this not the case in schools?

We have had 2 negative LFT tests with students only to find positive PCRs the day after. This is dependent on virus load in the LFTs. We are getting all ill students off for a PCR now as per instructions from council covid teams and public health.
Covid on 20:20 - Oct 5 with 1743 viewsFixed_It

Covid on 19:38 - Oct 5 by SuperTommySmith

If Wednesday 29th September is day 1, isn't Friday 8th October Day 10? So you could leave on Saturday 9th October if the person had no symptoms?
(genuine question, not trying to be annoying)

Yes. The Friday would be Day 10. Isolation would end at 11.59pm that dsy.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Covid on 20:31 - Oct 5 with 1719 viewsBlueJudge

Covid on 19:33 - Oct 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Were your symptoms ever worse than being like a cold?

Not at the start! Just a cold. On the Sunday, when tested positive, I had a slight cough and now have Covid Rash! A prickly kind of heat rash on chest and back! Joy!
Covid on 20:33 - Oct 5 with 1711 viewsBlueJudge

Covid on 19:31 - Oct 5 by Pinewoodblue

Isolate for ten days from date you first noticed symptoms. The 10th day is the day of the next game.

I am taking the safety first option and deeming Saturday as Day 10 and therefore still in isolation.
Covid on 20:35 - Oct 5 with 1703 viewsSuperCoops

Covid on 17:09 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

The concourse in SBRL is horrendous, so crammed. All of those that sit in upper tier have to pass through the lower tier concourse as well, poor design.

I think at HT they should be allowed to open the doors and have the area outside fenced off to release the swell inside.

Poor design? Hardly. It may surprise you but back in 2001 there was no such thing as the Covid pandemic, never heard of, never expected or anticipated. The whole world was in the dark on such a phenomenon, so you may as well point that finger at every single stadium, concert venue in the world.
Covid on 20:37 - Oct 5 with 1684 viewsFixed_It

Covid on 20:33 - Oct 5 by BlueJudge

I am taking the safety first option and deeming Saturday as Day 10 and therefore still in isolation.

Fair enough if you are not sure. Better safe than sorry.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Covid on 20:48 - Oct 5 with 1647 viewsyesjohn99

I know of 7 people to have tested positive after the donny game. All of which sit in NS4. I missed game through work. For once pleased about it!
Covid on 21:06 - Oct 5 with 1594 viewsGipeswic

Covid on 20:33 - Oct 5 by BlueJudge

Your coronavirus PCR test (or other lab test) result is positive. It’s likely you had the virus when the test was done.

Self-isolate immediately for 10 days to avoid infecting others.

This includes the day your symptoms started (or the test date if you’ve no symptoms) and the next 10 full days.
Login to get fewer ads

Covid on 21:39 - Oct 5 with 1533 viewsSitfcB

Covid on 20:35 - Oct 5 by SuperCoops

Poor design? Hardly. It may surprise you but back in 2001 there was no such thing as the Covid pandemic, never heard of, never expected or anticipated. The whole world was in the dark on such a phenomenon, so you may as well point that finger at every single stadium, concert venue in the world.

I was talking in general. Not everything is aimed at Covid.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Covid on 21:50 - Oct 5 with 1496 viewsTractorWood

Covid on 20:00 - Oct 5 by Chondzoresk

We have had 2 negative LFT tests with students only to find positive PCRs the day after. This is dependent on virus load in the LFTs. We are getting all ill students off for a PCR now as per instructions from council covid teams and public health.

I carded 3 consecutive negative LFTs before a positive PCR (as I continued to feel worse and worse). They are absolutely useless.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 21:51]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Covid on 22:04 - Oct 5 with 1455 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Covid on 19:57 - Oct 5 by ElderGrizzly

No, LFTs underestimate as you need a much higher viral load to trigger a positive.

As the Americans said in a study, they recommended the ones we have brought to be thrown away. Small problem is UK Govt spent £3bn on them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-us-lateral-flow-test-uk-b1864018

Interesting. Thanks.
Covid on 22:07 - Oct 5 with 1455 viewsthebooks

Yep. Got cold symptoms Sat, got the PCR positive result today.

SBR lower block 5, quite near the back. I’d be worried for the guy who sits to my left :-(
Covid on 22:09 - Oct 5 with 1445 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Covid on 19:57 - Oct 5 by ElderGrizzly

No, LFTs underestimate as you need a much higher viral load to trigger a positive.

As the Americans said in a study, they recommended the ones we have brought to be thrown away. Small problem is UK Govt spent £3bn on them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-us-lateral-flow-test-uk-b1864018

Interesting. Thanks.
Covid on 08:58 - Oct 6 with 1265 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid on 20:20 - Oct 5 by Fixed_It

Yes. The Friday would be Day 10. Isolation would end at 11.59pm that dsy.

Your isolation period starts immediately from when your symptoms started, or, if you do not have any symptoms, from when your test was taken. Your isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day your test was taken if you do not have symptoms), and the next 10 full days.

It really isn’t difficult to understand, although some clearly struggle.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid on 09:04 - Oct 6 with 1269 viewsitfcjoe

Covid on 21:50 - Oct 5 by TractorWood

I carded 3 consecutive negative LFTs before a positive PCR (as I continued to feel worse and worse). They are absolutely useless.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 21:51]

I've had 2 negative, but with a very thin line on one a few hours after it developed, so had a PCR last night. Feels more of a head cold today but will see how I get on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Covid on 09:11 - Oct 6 with 1237 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid on 09:04 - Oct 6 by itfcjoe

I've had 2 negative, but with a very thin line on one a few hours after it developed, so had a PCR last night. Feels more of a head cold today but will see how I get on

Presumably you are isolating until PCR result comes through.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid on 09:11 - Oct 6 with 1235 viewsitfcjoe

Covid on 09:11 - Oct 6 by Pinewoodblue

Presumably you are isolating until PCR result comes through.

Yeh, just working from home and getting my meetings covered

Covid on 09:25 - Oct 6 with 1192 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, I knew someone who tested positive on a PCR test last Wednesday evening who was at the football Tuesday night. Done a test to be on the safe side and was negative.

Off to do another one tonight as my missus (who's pregnant) was with someone on Saturday who then tested positive (PCR) on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Covid on 09:28 - Oct 6 with 1170 viewsitfctim

Covid on 20:48 - Oct 5 by yesjohn99

I know of 7 people to have tested positive after the donny game. All of which sit in NS4. I missed game through work. For once pleased about it!

Yes, I'm in 4, and several I know of who tested positive with a timescale indicating the Donny game are Section 5.
Covid on 11:21 - Oct 6 with 1057 viewscooperd5

Covid on 16:56 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

Where abouts in SBRL do you sit?

3 people have tested positive around where I sit row V/W/X section five seats 70-75

My lad and I are SBRL Row W seat 63/4 and he felt rough Friday, tested +ve Sunday so this is likely where he picked it up as well.
I was in hospitality in SAR so he was on his own for the Donny game. He's doing OK, off college and will miss Shrews game but be back for Cambridge away
Covid on 12:20 - Oct 6 with 1002 viewsUppaTowen78

Myself and 2 others from Block 5 also now tested positive. Mild cold symptoms at the moment. Stay safe all
Covid on 12:23 - Oct 6 with 996 viewsmonytowbray

Add me to the casualty list, both me and my partner are +.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Covid on 12:27 - Oct 6 with 968 viewsitfcjoe

Covid on 12:23 - Oct 6 by monytowbray

Add me to the casualty list, both me and my partner are +.

I'm negative thankfully - hope you and your partner don't suffer too badly with it and are on the mend soon

Covid on 12:32 - Oct 6 with 935 viewsmonytowbray

Covid on 12:27 - Oct 6 by itfcjoe

I'm negative thankfully - hope you and your partner don't suffer too badly with it and are on the mend soon

It feels like what I had Dec/Jan last year but with sinus issues this time.

That’s 4 for the Sitters circle at the back of S5.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Covid on 12:33 - Oct 6 with 929 viewsitfcjoe

Covid on 12:32 - Oct 6 by monytowbray

It feels like what I had Dec/Jan last year but with sinus issues this time.

That’s 4 for the Sitters circle at the back of S5.

All those people Sitters doesn't sit with, but sits near to are in trouble...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024