Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid 15:37 - Oct 5 with 9001 viewsitfctim

Just a heads up for people, but it seems Doncaster at home could have been a 'Super Spreader' particularly in SBR Lower. Given the average time period for symptoms to show, it's pointing towards that game, with at least 8 people that I know of, testing positive since. May be coincidence, may have some substance, but, as I say, just a heads up if anyone links being at the game, and now feeling ill.
Covid on 16:22 - Oct 5 with 5819 viewsBlueJudge

Yes. I actually believe it was the Sheff Weds game that was the trigger event. We all then went to Doncaster carrying. I had cold symptoms on Weds morning. Lateral flow negative on Thursday. Tested again on Sunday and positive and PCR taken on Sunday confirmed that. Wont be in Block 5 this Saturday......
Covid on 16:25 - Oct 5 with 5752 viewsWickets

I'm Fine thanks .
Covid on 16:56 - Oct 5 with 5662 viewsSitfcB

Where abouts in SBRL do you sit?

3 people have tested positive around where I sit row V/W/X section five seats 70-75

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Covid on 17:00 - Oct 5 with 5616 viewsmonytowbray

Covid on 16:56 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

3 people have tested positive around where I sit row V/W/X section five seats 70-75

I’ve been ill too…

No test but I don’t go out so I’ve just laid about feeling like a turd.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Covid on 17:02 - Oct 5 with 5590 viewsitfctim

I'm in section 4, row O.
Obviously not trying to scaremonger, but as I've been made aware of more and more poeple who have tested positive, with, seemingly, the same source/timing, I think it's only right to highlight the 'coincidence' as a heads up to fellow supporters. I know the Club have been contacted, and await their response. Hope all affected come through it ok.
Covid on 17:04 - Oct 5 with 5563 viewsitfctim

Covid on 17:00 - Oct 5 by monytowbray

I’ve been ill too…

No test but I don’t go out so I’ve just laid about feeling like a turd.

May be prudent to get tested, just for piece of mind.
Covid on 17:07 - Oct 5 with 5535 viewsZx1988

No symptoms here (so far), but I got a ping the other day that I had been in contact on the 28th with someone who later went on to test positive.

I went to a few locations that day, but Portman Road seems to be the obvious location.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Covid on 17:08 - Oct 5 with 5515 viewsmonytowbray

Covid on 17:07 - Oct 5 by Zx1988

No symptoms here (so far), but I got a ping the other day that I had been in contact on the 28th with someone who later went on to test positive.

I went to a few locations that day, but Portman Road seems to be the obvious location.

Was bound to happen TBF!

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Covid on 17:09 - Oct 5 with 5522 viewsSitfcB

Covid on 17:02 - Oct 5 by itfctim

I'm in section 4, row O.
Obviously not trying to scaremonger, but as I've been made aware of more and more poeple who have tested positive, with, seemingly, the same source/timing, I think it's only right to highlight the 'coincidence' as a heads up to fellow supporters. I know the Club have been contacted, and await their response. Hope all affected come through it ok.

The concourse in SBRL is horrendous, so crammed. All of those that sit in upper tier have to pass through the lower tier concourse as well, poor design.

I think at HT they should be allowed to open the doors and have the area outside fenced off to release the swell inside.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Covid on 17:10 - Oct 5 with 5498 viewsCotty

Covid on 17:08 - Oct 5 by monytowbray

Was bound to happen TBF!

Indeed. They didn't stop us going to football matches for no reason!
Covid on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 5475 viewsBlueJudge

Q 106. A gentleman behind me was there on Saturday, but was positive before the Tuesday....
Covid on 17:16 - Oct 5 with 5457 viewsPinewoodblue

Family member, in Block 4, took a precautionary test prior to the Saturday game negative result, positive on Monday, was hospitalized Tuesday but home now.

He also infected his daughter who tested positive a few days later.

If people would just wear a mask while in the concourse then the chances of unknowingly passing on infection would be reduced.

Off to Cornwall this weekend to music festival. Will take a precautionary test before leaving, if only out of respect to others going wouldn’t want to unknowingly be infected and able to pass on to others. Mask will be worn except when seated.

The current level of new cases would be a lot lower if more took a sensible, less selfish, approach.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid on 17:43 - Oct 5 with 5339 viewsStokieBlue

It's not really much of a surprise that PR would be associated with a large spreading event given the behaviour of many of our fans who are ignoring the rules outlined by the club.

It was mandatory [1] to wear masks in the concourse area during the Doncaster match when not eating as per the guidelines issued for that match yet virtually nobody did. There was a video posted by the club that night which contained sequences from the concourses and not a single person was wearing a mask that I could see.

Furthermore nobody on here even mentioned it when discussing the video. Everyone instead mentioned how great it was on the concourse and how the atmosphere was amazing. Now I am sure that it was but it was also immediately clear the risks that were being run.

If people don't want to follow the rules and want to find ways around wearing a mask then I am not really sure what people were expecting to happen.

This type of situation was always likely to happen but the risk could have been minimised. Unfortunately there are many who couldn't care less about following the scientific advice. I mean, wearing a mask for the safety of others is obviously a huge hardship for many. We are now at the stage that even if masks are deemed a requirement at an event or a condition of carriage that people do whatever they please. Relaxing the mask requirement in everyday life was a mistake at the time but it's going to be hard to go back now.

Wear a mask, protect others and by protecting them, protect yourself [2].

I hope everyone is well, I'll be off again now.

SB

[1] See entry requirements provide by ITFC directly to Doncaster which match the requirements ITFC have previously said and not changed: https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/ipswich-town-match-detai

[2] Shock horror, masks work: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/masks-were-working-all-along/6

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid on 18:34 - Oct 5 with 5128 viewsFixed_It

Covid on 16:22 - Oct 5 by BlueJudge

Yes. I actually believe it was the Sheff Weds game that was the trigger event. We all then went to Doncaster carrying. I had cold symptoms on Weds morning. Lateral flow negative on Thursday. Tested again on Sunday and positive and PCR taken on Sunday confirmed that. Wont be in Block 5 this Saturday......

If you are isolating it should be 10 days from when your symptoms started. Technically speaking, proving you have no fever, you shouldn't be infectious by Saturday.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Covid on 18:38 - Oct 5 with 5101 viewsChondzoresk

Please all of you that feel unwell. Get a PCR test. Copdock has appts. If not a PCR home test is easily sourced via the government website. LFT tests can be useless as we are finding at schools.
Covid on 18:44 - Oct 5 with 5047 viewsJakeITFC

Covid on 17:43 - Oct 5 by StokieBlue

It's not really much of a surprise that PR would be associated with a large spreading event given the behaviour of many of our fans who are ignoring the rules outlined by the club.

It was mandatory [1] to wear masks in the concourse area during the Doncaster match when not eating as per the guidelines issued for that match yet virtually nobody did. There was a video posted by the club that night which contained sequences from the concourses and not a single person was wearing a mask that I could see.

Furthermore nobody on here even mentioned it when discussing the video. Everyone instead mentioned how great it was on the concourse and how the atmosphere was amazing. Now I am sure that it was but it was also immediately clear the risks that were being run.

If people don't want to follow the rules and want to find ways around wearing a mask then I am not really sure what people were expecting to happen.

This type of situation was always likely to happen but the risk could have been minimised. Unfortunately there are many who couldn't care less about following the scientific advice. I mean, wearing a mask for the safety of others is obviously a huge hardship for many. We are now at the stage that even if masks are deemed a requirement at an event or a condition of carriage that people do whatever they please. Relaxing the mask requirement in everyday life was a mistake at the time but it's going to be hard to go back now.

SB

[1] See entry requirements provide by ITFC directly to Doncaster which match the requirements ITFC have previously said and not changed: https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/ipswich-town-match-detai

[2] Shock horror, masks work: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/masks-were-working-all-along/6

Don’t think there are many people complaining about catching it at the ground.
Covid on 19:25 - Oct 5 with 4823 viewsFixed_It

Covid on 18:34 - Oct 5 by Fixed_It

If you are isolating it should be 10 days from when your symptoms started. Technically speaking, proving you have no fever, you shouldn't be infectious by Saturday.

Maybe check your facts before downvoting me. I have had Covid, and that is precisely the advice given by NHS England. Isolation is backdated to when symptoms start, not the date of the test. 10 days after the start of symptoms you are not deemed to be infectious, providing you haven't still got a fever.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Covid on 19:31 - Oct 5 with 4727 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid on 19:25 - Oct 5 by Fixed_It

Maybe check your facts before downvoting me. I have had Covid, and that is precisely the advice given by NHS England. Isolation is backdated to when symptoms start, not the date of the test. 10 days after the start of symptoms you are not deemed to be infectious, providing you haven't still got a fever.

Isolate for ten days from date you first noticed symptoms. The 10th day is the day of the next game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 4680 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid on 16:22 - Oct 5 by BlueJudge

Were your symptoms ever worse than being like a cold?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Covid on 19:38 - Oct 5 with 4637 viewsSuperTommySmith

Covid on 19:31 - Oct 5 by Pinewoodblue

Isolate for ten days from date you first noticed symptoms. The 10th day is the day of the next game.

If Wednesday 29th September is day 1, isn't Friday 8th October Day 10? So you could leave on Saturday 9th October if the person had no symptoms?
(genuine question, not trying to be annoying)
Covid on 19:42 - Oct 5 with 4579 viewsmonytowbray

Covid on 18:38 - Oct 5 by Chondzoresk

Please all of you that feel unwell. Get a PCR test. Copdock has appts. If not a PCR home test is easily sourced via the government website. LFT tests can be useless as we are finding at schools.

Sitters has sent me the correct direction to order the home kits.

TWTD never forgets…

Covid on 19:53 - Oct 5 with 4448 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Covid on 18:38 - Oct 5 by Chondzoresk

I thought that LFTs gave more false positives than false negatives. Is this not the case in schools?
Covid on 19:54 - Oct 5 with 4429 viewsblueasfook

Just the terrible football on show made me feel poorly

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Covid on 19:55 - Oct 5 with 4411 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid on 17:43 - Oct 5 by StokieBlue

SB

And the EFL (and council) have the power to ask the club to shut areas of the ground if too many cases can be linked back.

So, not great all round.
Covid on 19:57 - Oct 5 with 4386 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid on 19:53 - Oct 5 by SouthBucksBlue

I thought that LFTs gave more false positives than false negatives. Is this not the case in schools?

No, LFTs underestimate as you need a much higher viral load to trigger a positive.

As the Americans said in a study, they recommended the ones we have brought to be thrown away. Small problem is UK Govt spent £3bn on them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-us-lateral-flow-test-uk-b1864018
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024