Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49,000 odd cases today 17:07 - Oct 20 with 9221 viewsgiant_stow

Its all going to sh1t again innit.

Great.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

49,000 odd cases today on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 953 viewsEwan_Oozami

49,000 odd cases today on 17:58 - Oct 20 by positivity

gps are way too busy to do vaccinations as well, needs a proper community program like last time

This might help...

https://sneevaccine.org.uk/location-of-walk-in-clinics/

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

49,000 odd cases today on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 951 viewsPinewoodblue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:51 - Oct 20 by Basuco

I have just checked the three vaccine booster sites on my GP email and there are no appointments available. The booster program does appear to be falling short, I am struggling to get mine.

Had two messages, one from local surgery and one from NHS. The NHS Covid booster website I was referred to had dozens of alternatives choose Colchester as could get it done next day. There was even one listed that appeared to be a private address on Sheldrake Drive.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We test much more than others. on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 965 viewsTrequartista

If you have 100 apples and open them all up to find 10 are bad, and someone else has 100 apples and only opens up 10 of them to find 5 are bad, who has the most bad apples (answer:you) and who has the highest rate of bad apples (answer:them) ?

We're getting painted as the highest covid rate in Europe if not the world, whereas the graph below shows the reality

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

49,000 odd cases today on 18:04 - Oct 20 with 948 viewsEwan_Oozami

49,000 odd cases today on 18:02 - Oct 20 by Pinewoodblue

Had two messages, one from local surgery and one from NHS. The NHS Covid booster website I was referred to had dozens of alternatives choose Colchester as could get it done next day. There was even one listed that appeared to be a private address on Sheldrake Drive.

This one?

https://sneevaccine.org.uk/location-of-walk-in-clinics/

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

We test much more than others. on 18:04 - Oct 20 with 952 viewsSteve_M

We test much more than others. on 18:03 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

If you have 100 apples and open them all up to find 10 are bad, and someone else has 100 apples and only opens up 10 of them to find 5 are bad, who has the most bad apples (answer:you) and who has the highest rate of bad apples (answer:them) ?

We're getting painted as the highest covid rate in Europe if not the world, whereas the graph below shows the reality

I think the trend line of UK cases is the more important point here; that's bad however you would like to paint it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

49,000 odd cases today on 18:07 - Oct 20 with 923 viewsSteve_M

49,000 odd cases today on 17:58 - Oct 20 by Pinewoodblue

Had my booster Sunday afternoon at Colchester stadium and was surprised by the age of people bring vaccinated. Majority seemed to be in the 20-40 age group and many were there for first jab.

While the government still hold back from making mask wearing mandatory it is clear that it is everyone’s best interest to wear them. Question for those who will be the North Stand concourse Saturday. Will you wear a mask or are you afraid what your mates will say if you do. It is worth remembering if things get a lot worse, because people don’t wear masks, that the likely outcome is games behind closed doors again.

Good question. I've dodged covid twice in the last month - once when half the North stand got infected and after meeting a friend last weekend - and surprised to do so both times but test results have all been negative.

I'm not sure if I'm going Saturday yet but, if I do, I will wear a mask most of the time. Certainly I've slipped a little in when I've worn one but still consistently in shops and on public transport.

The train to Cambridge, from Kings Cross, on Saturday was actually remarkable for the high percentage of people wearing masks. Unusual now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We test much more than others. on 18:07 - Oct 20 with 923 viewsTrequartista

We test much more than others. on 18:04 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

I think the trend line of UK cases is the more important point here; that's bad however you would like to paint it.

All measurements are trending in the wrong direction at the moment yes, i wouldn't dispute that.

I'm still yet to hear why we still have lower case numbers than the last week of wearing masks in the middle of summer though.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 18:08]

We test much more than others. on 18:10 - Oct 20 with 906 viewsZXBlue

We test much more than others. on 18:07 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

All measurements are trending in the wrong direction at the moment yes, i wouldn't dispute that.

I'm still yet to hear why we still have lower case numbers than the last week of wearing masks in the middle of summer though.

vaccinations.
Login to get fewer ads

We test much more than others. on 18:10 - Oct 20 with 908 viewspositivity

We test much more than others. on 18:03 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

that's only part of it, it's good we test more, but we need to act on it, or it's worthless.

our hospitalisations and deaths are higher as well, showing that we aren't doing well here

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

49,000 odd cases today on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 908 viewslongtimefan

49,000 odd cases today on 17:48 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

I don't understand how anyone could claim ignorance after 20 months.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

SB

Indeed. You can also guarantee that there will be practically no one wearing a mask on the concourses at Portman Rd on Saturday, despite it being part of the entrance rules. It is really beginning to feel awkward being one of so few to still wear one.
We test much more than others. on 18:14 - Oct 20 with 901 viewsZXBlue

We test much more than others. on 18:10 - Oct 20 by positivity

that's only part of it, it's good we test more, but we need to act on it, or it's worthless.

our hospitalisations and deaths are higher as well, showing that we aren't doing well here

A better measure is surely hospitalisations and deaths. Because i, for one, have it and am not on the stats...
49,000 odd cases today on 18:14 - Oct 20 with 891 viewsIllinoisblue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:57 - Oct 20 by bluelagos

Why give these pillocks the publicity they desire? I don't see people sharing flat earthers latest attempts to convince us the earth is flat.

They love the publicity and "authenticity" a discussion around their nonsense, feeds their need to feel important.

I'd simply just ignore the bell ends rather than let it worry you.

(Not a dig btw - is very tempting to highlight how stupid they are but I really think they are best left off a thread discussing appropriate responses to the ongoing pandemic)

I’m not sure a handful of Town fans discussing it on here equals giving them publicity. And, I actually disagree with you; these morons should be named and shamed. And, preferably, hounded in the same way they harrass normal decent people.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

49,000 odd cases today on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 891 viewsBasuco

49,000 odd cases today on 18:12 - Oct 20 by longtimefan

Indeed. You can also guarantee that there will be practically no one wearing a mask on the concourses at Portman Rd on Saturday, despite it being part of the entrance rules. It is really beginning to feel awkward being one of so few to still wear one.

Very true, at half time at Cambridge in the mens toilets it was packed, predictably, but I was the only one wearing a mask, it felt awkward.
We test much more than others. on 18:20 - Oct 20 with 863 viewsTrequartista

We test much more than others. on 18:10 - Oct 20 by ZXBlue

vaccinations.

Think we'd pretty much done the vast majority by then, but could be a factor. It was weird though, it dropped off a cliff from up to 60k a day to 25k a day shortly after restrictions were lifted. Vaccination effects are only very gradual.

49,000 odd cases today on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 840 viewsbluelagos

49,000 odd cases today on 18:14 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

I’m not sure a handful of Town fans discussing it on here equals giving them publicity. And, I actually disagree with you; these morons should be named and shamed. And, preferably, hounded in the same way they harrass normal decent people.

Granted TWTD is unlikely to make much difference.

But if they seek publicity and seek fame, how is "naming and shaming" them going to be helpful? Would think there would be nothing they'd love more than getting their pic in the papers or on social media tbh.

Best ignored imho. And harassing them would absolutely play into their hands, enabling them to play the victim and argue people are trying to shut them up...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

We test much more than others. on 18:26 - Oct 20 with 838 viewsStokieBlue

We test much more than others. on 18:07 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

The circumstances are different between now and the end of summer, there are more vaccinated people now including older children and there are more children off school now than there were at that time. Those two things alone cut down a significant vector of transmission.

Cases are higher now than on the 19th July (and trending upwards) although they were higher the few days before that, hospitalisations are up (and trending upwards) and deaths are running at ~250% the figure at that time. I'm not sure it's particularly relevant to cite that milestone date unless it's to propagate a narrative of some description.

To be honest, I'm not actually sure what point you are trying to make. It looks like muddying the waters with regards to the effectiveness of mask wearing but I am sure that can't be the case. Perhaps you would like to make your point in a clearer way so that I understand?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We test much more than others. on 18:28 - Oct 20 with 825 viewsTrequartista

We test much more than others. on 18:14 - Oct 20 by ZXBlue

A better measure is surely hospitalisations and deaths. Because i, for one, have it and am not on the stats...

Absolutely. The Russians are getting 1000 deaths a day and their cases numbers are supposedly below ours.

We test much more than others. on 18:35 - Oct 20 with 807 viewsWeWereZombies

We test much more than others. on 18:28 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

Absolutely. The Russians are getting 1000 deaths a day and their cases numbers are supposedly below ours.

Again we have to say to you - because the Russian vaccination rates are not great:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We test much more than others. on 18:44 - Oct 20 with 759 viewsPinewoodblue

We test much more than others. on 18:14 - Oct 20 by ZXBlue

What an irresponsible attitude. You have a duty to report the result of a positive Covid test.

2023 year of destiny

49,000 odd cases today on 18:45 - Oct 20 with 750 viewsElderGrizzly

49,000 odd cases today on 18:24 - Oct 20 by bluelagos

Granted TWTD is unlikely to make much difference.

But if they seek publicity and seek fame, how is "naming and shaming" them going to be helpful? Would think there would be nothing they'd love more than getting their pic in the papers or on social media tbh.

Best ignored imho. And harassing them would absolutely play into their hands, enabling them to play the victim and argue people are trying to shut them up...

As I just mentioned in the other thread, they erected a noose outside Parliament today.

These aren’t ‘cuddly’ radicals
We test much more than others. on 18:45 - Oct 20 with 748 viewsTrequartista

We test much more than others. on 18:35 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

Again we have to say to you - because the Russian vaccination rates are not great:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

No, i wasn't puzzled as to why Russia had higher deaths, I was continuing my point about how irrelevant case numbers were.

We test much more than others. on 18:47 - Oct 20 with 734 viewsElderGrizzly

We test much more than others. on 18:45 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

No, i wasn't puzzled as to why Russia had higher deaths, I was continuing my point about how irrelevant case numbers were.

The Russian vaccine is also less than reliable.
We test much more than others. on 18:48 - Oct 20 with 712 viewsPinewoodblue

We test much more than others. on 18:47 - Oct 20 by ElderGrizzly

The Russian vaccine is also less than reliable.

Thought it was a clone of the AZ vaccine.

2023 year of destiny

49,000 odd cases today on 18:52 - Oct 20 with 701 viewsIllinoisblue

49,000 odd cases today on 18:45 - Oct 20 by ElderGrizzly

As I just mentioned in the other thread, they erected a noose outside Parliament today.

These aren’t ‘cuddly’ radicals

Even more reason to know their names and faces.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

49,000 odd cases today on 18:52 - Oct 20 with 705 viewschicoazul

So so weird how people still think the chief solution to allnthis is “lock everything down” rather than pay people properly to stay home when they’re sick.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024