Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49,000 odd cases today 17:07 - Oct 20 with 9218 viewsgiant_stow

Its all going to sh1t again innit.

Great.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

49,000 odd cases today on 16:24 - Oct 21 with 1355 viewsWeWereZombies

49,000 odd cases today on 15:50 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

I think there has to be some uniformity in how the regulations are enforced.

I was at a Level 42 gig on Monday at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. The website said entry was conditional on production of a vaccine passport. No passport was asked for at the door of the venue or when entering the performance area. Mask wearing was mandatory whilst watching the concert. It was seating only and the venue was well ventilated.

A week previously I was at the Glasgow barrowlands for the Manic street Preachers. Standing only, armed in like sardines which everybody jumping, dancing and throwing beer in the air. No requirement to wear a mask.

Same city . Different requirements.

Waiting for your reports from the Old Fruitmarket, the O2 and KIng Tut's now...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

49,000 odd cases today on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 1291 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

49,000 odd cases today on 14:08 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

The type of mask is also key. These fake Gucci or Ipswich masks (yeah I bought one) have been proven to be a waste of time by WHO.

They have to be medical standard.

Ah now you see the stylish Adidas cotton mask (tastefully blue with trifoil logo) comes with a pocket for a PM2.5 filter allowing one to look good about town whilst providing maximum protection to those around you.

The discerning wearer has at least two of these to allow for wear/wash cycles and a plentiful supply of filters.

Still make my ears stick out like a walking FA Cup though.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

49,000 odd cases today on 17:47 - Oct 21 with 1262 viewsGlasgowBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 16:24 - Oct 21 by WeWereZombies

Waiting for your reports from the Old Fruitmarket, the O2 and KIng Tut's now...

King Kut’s will probably be mandatory masks except for when doing gear in the toilets.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

49,000 odd cases today on 07:27 - Oct 22 with 1121 viewsjimmyvet

49,000 odd cases today on 11:09 - Oct 21 by pointofblue

Mask wearing should have never been lifted and Covid passports should have never been ditched. Life needs to be made harder for those who refuse to have the jab as a matter of choice; I’d go as far and make them pay for NHS treatment should they come down with Covid and need assistance.

Serious question and I don’t know the answer.In Wales masks have been mandatory right through and their current infection rate is significantly higher than the rest of the UK. Do you know and understand why this is the case. For the record I wear and carry a mask in all indoor public spaces and I have a family member lived in Asia for decades who has worn masks on transport etc since she moved there.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 7:30]
49,000 odd cases today on 07:37 - Oct 22 with 1099 viewsPinewoodblue

49,000 odd cases today on 07:27 - Oct 22 by jimmyvet

Serious question and I don’t know the answer.In Wales masks have been mandatory right through and their current infection rate is significantly higher than the rest of the UK. Do you know and understand why this is the case. For the record I wear and carry a mask in all indoor public spaces and I have a family member lived in Asia for decades who has worn masks on transport etc since she moved there.

There is modified version of the Delta variant on the rise not read anything giving details of which parts of UK but looking at England cases are very high in parts of Somerset, Stroud, Cheltenham etc, all close to Wales.

Guess we are waiting for it to spread more before introducing plan B.

Nothing must distract Boris from Climate Control gathering in Glasgow.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/20/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-20-10-21/in
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 7:40]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

49,000 odd cases today on 09:49 - Oct 22 with 1010 viewsThe_Major

This can't be true, surely? The Tweeter is from the FT, so a fairly reliable source, but come on....

49,000 odd cases today on 14:30 - Oct 22 with 890 viewsJammyDodgerrr

49,000 odd cases today on 09:49 - Oct 22 by The_Major

This can't be true, surely? The Tweeter is from the FT, so a fairly reliable source, but come on....

Why are you surprised? Sounds exactly like a boris line.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

49,000 odd cases today on 14:38 - Oct 22 with 881 viewsSwansea_Blue

Probably more believable than the bodies pile high comment (or words to that effect according to Cummings).

British exceptionalism and muddling throughism seem to be recurring theme with this lot.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

49,000 odd cases today on 16:51 - Oct 22 with 824 viewsRyorry

I'll take being a "namby-pamby" who's still alive any day -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

49,000 odd cases today on 17:11 - Oct 22 with 784 viewsEdmundo

49,000 odd cases today on 16:51 - Oct 22 by Ryorry

I'll take being a "namby-pamby" who's still alive any day -

Err, Track and Trace is not fit for purpose?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

49,000 odd cases today on 09:09 - Oct 23 with 648 viewsParisBlue

Last December when Wales had the highest rate in the world there was a theory along the lines of "Welsh people like to talk a lot".

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

49,000 odd cases today on 09:31 - Oct 23 with 631 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah, as I mentioned earlier in the thread mask wearing in Wales has rapidly declined over the summer. And not just mask wearing; the social distancing side of things has broken down too. Earlier in the summer, when we did have a lot more mask wearing and had more compliance and social distancing controls in place (after England had their 'freedom day', we did have much lower levels here.

Now we've got the sporting events back, schools all back, etc., and there's no mask wearing in any of those settings. Mask wearing in shops no longer seems to be enforced either with many not wearing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

49,000 odd cases today on 21:11 - Oct 23 with 542 viewsEdmundo

No need to panic in the medium to long term, according to a lot of very reputable people: https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-23/covid-could-be-like-common-cold-by-spring-as

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

49,000 odd cases today on 21:21 - Oct 23 with 518 viewsElderGrizzly

49,000 odd cases today on 21:11 - Oct 23 by Edmundo

No need to panic in the medium to long term, according to a lot of very reputable people: https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-23/covid-could-be-like-common-cold-by-spring-as

Over 1,000 admitted to hospital today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024