Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49,000 odd cases today 17:07 - Oct 20 with 9220 viewsgiant_stow

Its all going to sh1t again innit.

Great.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

49,000 odd cases today on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 1167 viewshype313

49,000 odd cases today on 12:17 - Oct 21 by giant_stow

The infection rates in my boy's class are sky high and have been for 3 or 4 weeks. Another 3 have come down with it in the last couple of days, plus several of their parents. I reckon we must be up to about 10-12 out of 30 who've either had it or having it.

Apparently year 4 of the school (120 kids) officially counts as an 'outbreak' in Public Health England terminology now, but that still doesn't mean the year is closed. I don't understand this. The latest infections might have been avoided if the class had shut a few weeks back.

I spose the only possible conclusion is a policy of herd immunity, which seems to be sh1t.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:18]

My boys school has been hit really hard, it's been like wildfire.

The only thing I can conclude is that the Government are happy to let it rip before winter, that's the only plausible reason why restrictions haven't been brought in, Cleary a herd immunity plan.

Madness.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

49,000 odd cases today on 12:22 - Oct 21 with 1162 viewsGlasgowBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 11:09 - Oct 21 by pointofblue

Mask wearing should have never been lifted and Covid passports should have never been ditched. Life needs to be made harder for those who refuse to have the jab as a matter of choice; I’d go as far and make them pay for NHS treatment should they come down with Covid and need assistance.

We have mask wearing as mandatory in Scotland and up until 2 days ago Scotland had more cases than England per 100,000.

Wales has mask wearing as mandatory and leads the UK with the most cases per 100,000.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-daily-covid-cases-7day-average

I agree with wearing masks (not the fashion accessory cloth type but medical grade) as a measure to lessen he number of infections but the stats are showing this is not the reason cases have risen so suddenly.

It was madness to cancel the covid passports as they young in crowded places are the main drives of infection. Again, we have them in Scotland but they have only been in use since Monday.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

49,000 odd cases today on 12:23 - Oct 21 with 1155 viewsgiant_stow

49,000 odd cases today on 12:19 - Oct 21 by hype313

The only thing I can conclude is that the Government are happy to let it rip before winter, that's the only plausible reason why restrictions haven't been brought in, Cleary a herd immunity plan.

Madness.

Sorry to hear that.

Led by donkeys.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

49,000 odd cases today on 12:24 - Oct 21 with 1145 viewshype313

49,000 odd cases today on 12:23 - Oct 21 by giant_stow

Sorry to hear that.

Led by donkeys.

Anyway, that's enough about Daniel Farke

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

49,000 odd cases today on 12:25 - Oct 21 with 1136 viewsgiant_stow

49,000 odd cases today on 12:24 - Oct 21 by hype313

Anyway, that's enough about Daniel Farke

wwwoooooiiiii!!!!!

My Daniel will come good.

49,000 odd cases today on 12:32 - Oct 21 with 1109 viewsDigger77

49,000 odd cases today on 10:08 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

You know exactly what type of masks.

Why are you trying to muddy the waters with pointless whatabouterry? I see you're a "new" user with 3 posts all in this thread and all downplaying covid.

Really not hard to see what is going on here.

SB

Having a different school of thought to you isn't 'muddying the waters' .

People can draw their own conclusions from the many conflicting research papers out there.

Your excel spreadsheet modelling may not be correct either!
49,000 odd cases today on 12:36 - Oct 21 with 1078 viewsZXBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 12:23 - Oct 21 by giant_stow

Sorry to hear that.

Led by donkeys.

It is quite cleear, imo, that the government are content to let it rip through schools, infect parents, and rely on herd immunity.
49,000 odd cases today on 12:37 - Oct 21 with 1071 viewsZXBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 12:32 - Oct 21 by Digger77

People can draw their own conclusions from the many conflicting research papers out there.

He was clearly muddying waters. Yet another oblique comment, not being explicit (because it would then be readily shot down).
Login to get fewer ads

49,000 odd cases today on 12:41 - Oct 21 with 1046 viewsStokieBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 12:32 - Oct 21 by Digger77

We've been over this. Your assertions on mask wearing were totally incorrect and I posted proper research papers from the CDC to prove it.

You posted absolute rubbish from a non-peered reviewed blog, not a proper scientific paper. The fact that you see any equivalence between the two is incredibly worrying.

I've asked you before, don't post about things you clearly have no clue about, especially when what you are posting could be dangerous if someone is silly enough to be taken in.

To be brutal, most of your posts around covid have been a disgrace, you should really step back and consider your actions.

I've honestly had enough of the "but both sides" argument which is continually trotted out. It's pathetic and implies equivalence where none exists.

SB
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:44]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

49,000 odd cases today on 13:01 - Oct 21 with 995 viewsDigger77

49,000 odd cases today on 12:41 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

We've been over this. Your assertions on mask wearing were totally incorrect and I posted proper research papers from the CDC to prove it.

You posted absolute rubbish from a non-peered reviewed blog, not a proper scientific paper. The fact that you see any equivalence between the two is incredibly worrying.

I've asked you before, don't post about things you clearly have no clue about, especially when what you are posting could be dangerous if someone is silly enough to be taken in.

To be brutal, most of your posts around covid have been a disgrace, you should really step back and consider your actions.

I've honestly had enough of the "but both sides" argument which is continually trotted out. It's pathetic and implies equivalence where none exists.

SB
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:44]

You'll have to remind me of where I said anything about mask wearing.

What link?
49,000 odd cases today on 13:11 - Oct 21 with 979 viewsStokieBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 13:01 - Oct 21 by Digger77

You'll have to remind me of where I said anything about mask wearing.

What link?

You've replied in this thread with the "but both sides" with regards to the mask debate because that was what was being discussed.

Not a great look after your efforts here:

Heading into lockdown aren't we by Digger77 6 Oct 2021 18:24
They don't work, as the studies show, so it won't be happening again.

I would also appreciate it if you stopped pushing the "natural infection is better" narrative although I am going to assume you didn't read the paper I posted on that either in response to your last post on the subject.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

49,000 odd cases today on 13:11 - Oct 21 with 976 viewsitfcjoe

49,000 odd cases today on 12:12 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Some of you in Suffolk may have heard this on your local radio too, but the Chief Public Health Officer (sorry, forget his name) of SCC was on BBCR4 'Today' programme this a.m. explaining that infection rates in Ipswich are currently amongst the highest in the country, if not *the* highest, at something like 853 cases/100K (? iirc), and they've therefore now taken the decision to mandate masks in schools.

This may also explain why they took a strong stance with itfcjoe & his kids (on another thread a few days ago).

They took the opposite stance though, wanting him back earlier.

My wife now has it, but he is at school because they are the current rules and if we take him out he will be unauthorised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

49,000 odd cases today on 13:16 - Oct 21 with 962 viewsDubtractor

49,000 odd cases today on 13:11 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

My wife now has it, but he is at school because they are the current rules and if we take him out he will be unauthorised

Also, I think there are different rules for any academy schools. Mrs Dub teaches at one and they definitely aren't mandating masks there!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

49,000 odd cases today on 13:31 - Oct 21 with 906 viewsRyorry

49,000 odd cases today on 13:11 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

Ah, I misremembered it, apols.

Hope Mrs.itfcjoe is OK, all the best to her (& yourself & kids) 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

49,000 odd cases today on 13:52 - Oct 21 with 851 viewsDigger77

49,000 odd cases today on 13:11 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

You've replied in this thread with the "but both sides" with regards to the mask debate because that was what was being discussed.

Not a great look after your efforts here:

Heading into lockdown aren't we by Digger77 6 Oct 2021 18:24
They don't work, as the studies show, so it won't be happening again.

I would also appreciate it if you stopped pushing the "natural infection is better" narrative although I am going to assume you didn't read the paper I posted on that either in response to your last post on the subject.

SB

Where is the link you speak of about masks?
49,000 odd cases today on 13:55 - Oct 21 with 835 viewsSwansea_Blue

49,000 odd cases today on 12:22 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

We have mask wearing as mandatory in Scotland and up until 2 days ago Scotland had more cases than England per 100,000.

Wales has mask wearing as mandatory and leads the UK with the most cases per 100,000.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-daily-covid-cases-7day-average

I agree with wearing masks (not the fashion accessory cloth type but medical grade) as a measure to lessen he number of infections but the stats are showing this is not the reason cases have risen so suddenly.

It was madness to cancel the covid passports as they young in crowded places are the main drives of infection. Again, we have them in Scotland but they have only been in use since Monday.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:24]

There's very little mask wearing here any more, even in shops where it's still supposedly mandated (I'd estimate 50% at best in those settings). It's not mandated at sporting events which are giving us some issues, nor in the schools which seem to be driving most infections (based on personal experiences, not data). To all intents and purposes there is no mask wearing now, irrespective of guidelines.

The science is pretty clear on face coverings helping in general, but they aren't a panacea. Social distancing seems to be the key, and that's broken down completely.

I suspect all we're seeing is nature's response to mixing everyone up again in close proximity to each other. It doesn't take a genius to realise that is you provide the conditions to allow the virus to jump from person to person, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

49,000 odd cases today on 14:04 - Oct 21 with 799 viewsSwansea_Blue

49,000 odd cases today on 12:19 - Oct 21 by hype313

Madness.

I think this is the case. We've been in much better situations than currently with much stronger measures in place. It looks very much like a deliberate immunity by infection strategy, with the brunt born by young people. Literally risking our children's health when there are measures that could be taken to reduce the spread.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the new variant of delta. Are we going to see another more transmissible, more aggressive version again?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

49,000 odd cases today on 14:08 - Oct 21 with 776 viewsGlasgowBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 13:55 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

There's very little mask wearing here any more, even in shops where it's still supposedly mandated (I'd estimate 50% at best in those settings). It's not mandated at sporting events which are giving us some issues, nor in the schools which seem to be driving most infections (based on personal experiences, not data). To all intents and purposes there is no mask wearing now, irrespective of guidelines.

The science is pretty clear on face coverings helping in general, but they aren't a panacea. Social distancing seems to be the key, and that's broken down completely.

I suspect all we're seeing is nature's response to mixing everyone up again in close proximity to each other. It doesn't take a genius to realise that is you provide the conditions to allow the virus to jump from person to person, that's exactly what's going to happen.

The type of mask is also key. These fake Gucci or Ipswich masks (yeah I bought one) have been proven to be a waste of time by WHO.

They have to be medical standard.

Iron Lion Zion

49,000 odd cases today on 14:13 - Oct 21 with 751 viewspositivity

49,000 odd cases today on 14:08 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

The type of mask is also key. These fake Gucci or Ipswich masks (yeah I bought one) have been proven to be a waste of time by WHO.

They have to be medical standard.

which WHO study are you referencing?

ones i've seen show that cloth masks, though not great at protecting yourself, do limit the spread to others

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

49,000 odd cases today on 14:17 - Oct 21 with 736 viewsGlasgowBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 14:13 - Oct 21 by positivity

ones i've seen show that cloth masks, though not great at protecting yourself, do limit the spread to others

I don’t have my laptop with me which has a history function. I’ll check it later.

Iron Lion Zion

49,000 odd cases today on 14:45 - Oct 21 with 678 viewsGlasgowBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 14:13 - Oct 21 by positivity

Hi. I thought it was from a WHO member but it was a member of SAGE. He said that cloth masks were nothing more than comfort blankets.

Can't find the exact article that mentions only medical grade masks are effective but I remember reading it and only using medical grade since. It's annoying that I can't find it.

There is this from the BMJ.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n432
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 14:48]

Iron Lion Zion

49,000 odd cases today on 14:57 - Oct 21 with 653 viewspositivity

49,000 odd cases today on 14:45 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

Hi. I thought it was from a WHO member but it was a member of SAGE. He said that cloth masks were nothing more than comfort blankets.

Can't find the exact article that mentions only medical grade masks are effective but I remember reading it and only using medical grade since. It's annoying that I can't find it.

There is this from the BMJ.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n432
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 14:48]

interesting, it recommends better masks, but says "fabric face masks blocked between 62.6% and 87.1% of fine particles" (and presumably higher percentages of droplets).

so basically, the preference is to wear a good mask, but a fabric face mask is a great deal better than nothing at protecting those around you

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

49,000 odd cases today on 15:35 - Oct 21 with 603 viewsMookamoo

49,000 odd cases today on 14:57 - Oct 21 by positivity

interesting, it recommends better masks, but says "fabric face masks blocked between 62.6% and 87.1% of fine particles" (and presumably higher percentages of droplets).

so basically, the preference is to wear a good mask, but a fabric face mask is a great deal better than nothing at protecting those around you

Was out in Stoomarket earlier today and there are a lot more wearing masks. I think the non-mask wearers were now back in the minority.

It is also the case that wearing or not wearing a mask is now a statement. I think I'm wearing one out of respect for those around me and as a sign that this is still very much with us. Other choose not to because they see it as a sign of servitude and the whole thing is not as bad as people make out it to be. I wear a cloth mask knowing they are not as effective, but better than nowt. I think if I'm honest with myself, I'm wearing it for the statement otherwise I'd make the effort to wear a proper one. At the end of the day I'm also culpable, just less so compared to the militant non-maskers.
49,000 odd cases today on 15:50 - Oct 21 with 570 viewsGlasgowBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 15:35 - Oct 21 by Mookamoo

Was out in Stoomarket earlier today and there are a lot more wearing masks. I think the non-mask wearers were now back in the minority.

It is also the case that wearing or not wearing a mask is now a statement. I think I'm wearing one out of respect for those around me and as a sign that this is still very much with us. Other choose not to because they see it as a sign of servitude and the whole thing is not as bad as people make out it to be. I wear a cloth mask knowing they are not as effective, but better than nowt. I think if I'm honest with myself, I'm wearing it for the statement otherwise I'd make the effort to wear a proper one. At the end of the day I'm also culpable, just less so compared to the militant non-maskers.

I think there has to be some uniformity in how the regulations are enforced.

I was at a Level 42 gig on Monday at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. The website said entry was conditional on production of a vaccine passport. No passport was asked for at the door of the venue or when entering the performance area. Mask wearing was mandatory whilst watching the concert. It was seating only and the venue was well ventilated.

A week previously I was at the Glasgow barrowlands for the Manic street Preachers. Standing only, armed in like sardines which everybody jumping, dancing and throwing beer in the air. No requirement to wear a mask.

Same city . Different requirements.

Iron Lion Zion

49,000 odd cases today on 16:16 - Oct 21 with 525 viewsPinewoodblue

49,000 odd cases today on 15:50 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

I think there has to be some uniformity in how the regulations are enforced.

I was at a Level 42 gig on Monday at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. The website said entry was conditional on production of a vaccine passport. No passport was asked for at the door of the venue or when entering the performance area. Mask wearing was mandatory whilst watching the concert. It was seating only and the venue was well ventilated.

A week previously I was at the Glasgow barrowlands for the Manic street Preachers. Standing only, armed in like sardines which everybody jumping, dancing and throwing beer in the air. No requirement to wear a mask.

Same city . Different requirements.

You have to do your own risk assessment based on information you can glean from promoters and venue.

Annoying when they don’t enforce restrictions they claim will be in place.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024