Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. 22:13 - Nov 2 with 5310 viewsEly_Blue

Blubfish?
Burns7
….. feel free to add any more doom mongers to that list

Of course not we won convincingly

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:47 - Nov 3 with 1056 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:13 - Nov 2 by Keaneish

Think they’re still on their way back in a mini-van with Mullet, Bluebadger, Healy and a few others talking about how it’s impossible to get automatic promotion and how Cook now only had three games to save his job…

Odd post but yes, just got back ta. Excellent evening, hope you enjoyed it too fella 😘

Ps. Pretty sure I’ve never said either of those things but happy for you to think otherwise if it suits, I’d rather just enjoy a cracking win

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:46 - Nov 3 with 952 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:12 - Nov 3 by unstableblue

Herbivore is on the bus too

They’ll be talking about one dimensional Cook is, and how the season is gone, and more importantly that the league is sh!t and we should walk it - tell that to Wigan, Rotherham

And of course that we’ve not beaten a team in the top six… errr but we have?! And errr we’d only played one before this

SORRY…. I’m getting sucked into the tit fit tat silliness

But to be clear the reaction to the Plymouth performance was RIDICULOUS

This kind of calling out fellow posters wasn't okay when Blubbers was doing it after poor results, I don't really get why it's okay when you, Ely and Keanish are doing it now after a win. It's all pretty pathetic and childish. We're all Town fans and we all want us to be successful, just enjoy the win like the rest of us are rather than seeking to deliberately goad other posters.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 7:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:49 - Nov 3 with 954 viewstextbackup

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:46 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

This kind of calling out fellow posters wasn't okay when Blubbers was doing it after poor results, I don't really get why it's okay when you, Ely and Keanish are doing it now after a win. It's all pretty pathetic and childish. We're all Town fans and we all want us to be successful, just enjoy the win like the rest of us are rather than seeking to deliberately goad other posters.

maybe if people didnt talk down to others in every post they make, and walk around thinking they arent ever wrong, that they wouldnt have such a huge target on their backs?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:53 - Nov 3 with 941 viewssolomon

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:04 - Nov 3 by Ely_Blue

Ah you are blubfish and I claim my £10 prize….

Let’s get one thing straight - I am not your MATE.

And frankly I don’t give a toss what you think of something that you have taken out of context dickhead

Maybe just admitting you were wrong and that some people may have found that particular post offensive, Then apologise, and move on? Then this whole saga can be put to bed maybe?

(To be fair no one reported it at the time and if they had I’d imagine a ban from Phil could have been the least of your worries)
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:01 - Nov 3 with 913 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:49 - Nov 3 by textbackup

maybe if people didnt talk down to others in every post they make, and walk around thinking they arent ever wrong, that they wouldnt have such a huge target on their backs?

There's plenty of posters that could be levelled at, yourself included with some of the superior superfan stuff you come out with at times. Happy for people to engage with me, just get a bit fed up of the needless calling out. As I said, people used to kick off when Blubbers did it after a loss and he usually didn't name other posters directly. It's all just rather pathetic.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:02 - Nov 3 with 909 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:54 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

But we didn't get anything at Plymouth, results matter. It matters less given we won tonight but we need to keep picking up results now.

LOL, 'abuse reported'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:05 - Nov 3 with 890 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:02 - Nov 3 by BlueBadger

LOL, 'abuse reported'.

Weird post to down vote, let alone report as abuse. It's all pretty accurate.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:11 - Nov 3 with 873 viewsKeaneish

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:47 - Nov 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Odd post but yes, just got back ta. Excellent evening, hope you enjoyed it too fella 😘

Ps. Pretty sure I’ve never said either of those things but happy for you to think otherwise if it suits, I’d rather just enjoy a cracking win

Mullet was the, “four games to save his job”. Badger was, “automatic promotion is impossible”. I think you’ve just been a bit tentative and late to the party in truth; party being the right phrase given the joyous scenes at the front of the stand last night. Great night.

14 goals in 3 matches under lights in league games this season - looking forward to Rotherham!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:26 - Nov 3 with 818 viewsChrisd

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:02 - Nov 3 by BlueBadger

LOL, 'abuse reported'.

Looks like that’s me, apologies there Herbivore, I’m not that sensitive, honestly!! My fat fingers don't always help when texting from my phone. I’ve done it a few times when I’ve accidentally blocked posters. Think this shows, my eyesight is on the wane and I need a bigger screen!!
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 7:34]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:28 - Nov 3 with 808 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:26 - Nov 3 by Chrisd

Looks like that’s me, apologies there Herbivore, I’m not that sensitive, honestly!! My fat fingers don't always help when texting from my phone. I’ve done it a few times when I’ve accidentally blocked posters. Think this shows, my eyesight is on the wane and I need a bigger screen!!

No worries mate, I've done it myself before!

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:38 - Nov 3 with 794 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:13 - Nov 2 by Keaneish

Think they’re still on their way back in a mini-van with Mullet, Bluebadger, Healy and a few others talking about how it’s impossible to get automatic promotion and how Cook now only had three games to save his job…

Whilst I am buzzing from the win last night, automatic promotion is still a long way off. We need to be bettering the form of those right around the top, which we're not doing right now. We are however matching their form.

Some sides are starting to slip up, Sunderland in particular, which means if we keep it up we'll be getting into the playoffs but it's such a huge ask now to get into the top 2. Not saying it can't be done but it'd be hugely difficult.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:43 - Nov 3 with 774 viewsChrisd

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:38 - Nov 3 by DanTheMan

Whilst I am buzzing from the win last night, automatic promotion is still a long way off. We need to be bettering the form of those right around the top, which we're not doing right now. We are however matching their form.

Some sides are starting to slip up, Sunderland in particular, which means if we keep it up we'll be getting into the playoffs but it's such a huge ask now to get into the top 2. Not saying it can't be done but it'd be hugely difficult.

Does it really matter if we get promoted automatically or through the play offs? It seems it’s got to be top 2 or nothing. Ultimately, it’s getting out of this league which matters most, how you do it is irrelevant. If we end up going up via the play offs, would it take the shine off promotion? Of course it wouldn’t.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 7:47]

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:50 - Nov 3 with 748 viewsKeaneish

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:38 - Nov 3 by DanTheMan

As ive be been posting, all we need to do is focus on ourselves and hit the 2pts per game mark since Cambridge. The win last night puts us back at 2 ppg. Maintain this average and we’ll go up automatically or be very close to.

I’ve no doubt we’ll be top four and we’ll get stronger from here on in. Top two will depend on taking pts from those around us.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:56 - Nov 3 with 726 viewstextbackup

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:01 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

There's plenty of posters that could be levelled at, yourself included with some of the superior superfan stuff you come out with at times. Happy for people to engage with me, just get a bit fed up of the needless calling out. As I said, people used to kick off when Blubbers did it after a loss and he usually didn't name other posters directly. It's all just rather pathetic.

If calling out fans in the noisy stand that stand arms crossed is me being a superior super fan then so be it. I can live with that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:57 - Nov 3 with 721 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:43 - Nov 3 by Chrisd

Does it really matter if we get promoted automatically or through the play offs? It seems it’s got to be top 2 or nothing. Ultimately, it’s getting out of this league which matters most, how you do it is irrelevant. If we end up going up via the play offs, would it take the shine off promotion? Of course it wouldn’t.

Play offs are a lottery though, only takes a sending off, a poor refereeing decision, a slice of bad luck and promotion is gone. The aim at the start of the season would have been top 2, I think we've given ourselves too much to do for that to happen now, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep aiming for it. In the short term it's about maintaining consistency. If we can start going 4 or 5 games without throwing points away like we did at Cambridge or at the weekend rather than 2 or 3 games then that will make a big difference.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:00 - Nov 3 with 698 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:43 - Nov 3 by Chrisd

Nope, not bothered how we go up as long as we do.

Just saying that to get automatic promotion from the position we are would require us to better the form of almost all the division which we aren't currently doing.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:02 - Nov 3 with 692 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:50 - Nov 3 by Keaneish

As ive be been posting, all we need to do is focus on ourselves and hit the 2pts per game mark since Cambridge. The win last night puts us back at 2 ppg. Maintain this average and we’ll go up automatically or be very close to.

I’ve no doubt we’ll be top four and we’ll get stronger from here on in. Top two will depend on taking pts from those around us.

Agreed, we do just need to keep plugging away picking up points. The issue we've got is that there are a good few other teams closer than us who are also on or over that 2pts per game mark. So we'd need to continue our form whilst theirs dips.

Personally just think we need to be realistic and realise that it's going to be a hell of an ask to get into the top 2.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:12 - Nov 3 with 664 viewsChrisd

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:57 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Play offs are a lottery though, only takes a sending off, a poor refereeing decision, a slice of bad luck and promotion is gone. The aim at the start of the season would have been top 2, I think we've given ourselves too much to do for that to happen now, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep aiming for it. In the short term it's about maintaining consistency. If we can start going 4 or 5 games without throwing points away like we did at Cambridge or at the weekend rather than 2 or 3 games then that will make a big difference.

Let’s not forget we have to play these sides home and away still, I’m thinking Wigan and Rotherham rather than Plymouth and they’ve got to play against each other too. Plenty of opportunities to gain points on them, but if we ultimately fall short of the top 2 then so be it. Though I agree the play offs are a lottery, it doesn’t tarnish promotion if you go up via them for me. Look at Blackpool this season, hasn’t done them any harm in comparison to Hull and Peterborough and Brentford in the EPL compared to Norwich and Watford.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:25 - Nov 3 with 631 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:12 - Nov 3 by Chrisd

Let’s not forget we have to play these sides home and away still, I’m thinking Wigan and Rotherham rather than Plymouth and they’ve got to play against each other too. Plenty of opportunities to gain points on them, but if we ultimately fall short of the top 2 then so be it. Though I agree the play offs are a lottery, it doesn’t tarnish promotion if you go up via them for me. Look at Blackpool this season, hasn’t done them any harm in comparison to Hull and Peterborough and Brentford in the EPL compared to Norwich and Watford.

Promotion, however it comes, would be very welcome. No doubt about that.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:33 - Nov 3 with 594 viewsChurchman

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:26 - Nov 3 by Chrisd

You are not alone on the fat fingers and eyesight front. It’s why I have to edit nearly every post. The new bins are on order!
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:36 - Nov 3 with 578 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 07:28 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

No worries mate, I've done it myself before!

That’s true. I remember you accidentally down voting a fair few posts of mine with those chubby fingers of yours.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:36 - Nov 3 with 577 viewsChrisd

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:33 - Nov 3 by Churchman

You are not alone on the fat fingers and eyesight front. It’s why I have to edit nearly every post. The new bins are on order!

I’ll be joining you on the new bins front very soon Churchman!!

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:36 - Nov 3 with 576 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:49 - Nov 3 by textbackup

That is a totally fair shout. Well played.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:38 - Nov 3 with 564 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 08:36 - Nov 3 by OsborneOneNil

That’s true. I remember you accidentally down voting a fair few posts of mine with those chubby fingers of yours.

No, that's always been intended.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 09:59 - Nov 3 with 474 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 06:46 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

It's funny how you don't practice what you preach before a result like this, endlessly belittling anyone who supports Cook. Because funnily enough, we're all Town fans and we all want us to be successful, too.

Not really surprising you get some back now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024