Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. 22:13 - Nov 2 with 5343 viewsEly_Blue

Blubfish?
Burns7
….. feel free to add any more doom mongers to that list

Of course not we won convincingly

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 3373 viewsHerbivore

They've both been banned, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 3355 viewsreusersfreekicks

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:13 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

Bluefish banned again? Seriously?
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 3351 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lucky break for them!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 3316 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:13 - Nov 2 by reusersfreekicks

Bluefish banned again? Seriously?

Damn I was going to copy his avatar too

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 3276 viewsfooters

You wouldn't expect someone in Ely to be up with current events, would you?

I think they've only just discovered electricity.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 3281 viewsOsborneOneNil

Hey Herbs, what do you make of tonights game? I know you've been leaning towards being anti-Cook of late. Well, since we lost to Plymouth.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:16 - Nov 2 with 3272 viewsJimmy86

Thoughts on tonight Herbz? Gotta be pleased with that result and performance against 1 of the better teams in league 1, even more impressive given their decent home record
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:31 - Nov 2 with 3088 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:15 - Nov 2 by OsborneOneNil

Hey Herbs, what do you make of tonights game? I know you've been leaning towards being anti-Cook of late. Well, since we lost to Plymouth.

Not anti-Cook at all, just think his record here has been poor. And it has. Tonight was excellent and very pleasing indeed but we absolutely have to follow it up now with a few back to back performances. For me three points was the minimum we needed from these two games going into some more tough fixtures, we got those points in style tonight and that's great. Hopefully we push on now.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:34 - Nov 2 with 3026 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I will hold my hands up and say I have been critical of Cook at times this season, maybe not to the levels of the above mentioned but yes critical nevertheless.

Tonight was awesome there’s no getting away from that and I would love more than anything for Cook to get it right and make me look foolish because it means my football team is on the up and that’s far more important than self preservation.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:35 - Nov 2 with 3002 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:15 - Nov 2 by footers

You wouldn't expect someone in Ely to be up with current events, would you?

I think they've only just discovered electricity.

Firstly I don’t live in Ely anymore (it’s not me that should be keeping up)
Secondly I’m away on business in Ireland currently so haven’t been on TWTD watching every post for the last few days…

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:38 - Nov 2 with 2962 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TimothyYeo is still here, not seen him tonight though.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:41 - Nov 2 with 2929 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:31 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

Not anti-Cook at all, just think his record here has been poor. And it has. Tonight was excellent and very pleasing indeed but we absolutely have to follow it up now with a few back to back performances. For me three points was the minimum we needed from these two games going into some more tough fixtures, we got those points in style tonight and that's great. Hopefully we push on now.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:32]

Fair shout. Although, on his poor record, I'd argue it was poor up until 11 games ago. Since then it's been decent, 23 points from those 11.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:42 - Nov 2 with 2909 viewsDarth_Koont

Seriously?

Well done, Phil and Gav.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:45 - Nov 2 with 2863 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:41 - Nov 2 by OsborneOneNil

Fair shout. Although, on his poor record, I'd argue it was poor up until 11 games ago. Since then it's been decent, 23 points from those 11.

It's on the up but there's still been some of the same frailties evident at times during that run, such as Accrington, Cambridge, and just a few days ago at Plymouth. This run of games now is a good test of where we're at, carry on averaging 2 points a game this month and it will look like a corner has been well and truly turned.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:47 - Nov 2 with 2825 viewsChurchman

I’ve been critical of Cook. In a club that’s getting organised post Evans, he’s been the weakest part of it. The first 15 games tell their own story. The table didn’t lie. But tonight’s result doesn’t lie either.

It’s the best result in a very very long time. I’m so pleased for Cook and the players. Let’s hope that signals gradual improvement in October means even better in November.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:49 - Nov 2 with 2814 viewsChrisd

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:45 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

It's on the up but there's still been some of the same frailties evident at times during that run, such as Accrington, Cambridge, and just a few days ago at Plymouth. This run of games now is a good test of where we're at, carry on averaging 2 points a game this month and it will look like a corner has been well and truly turned.

It’s not really unfair to say we didn’t deserve something from the Plymouth game either. At one point tonight, Plymouth and Wycombe were sitting 1st and 2nd and based on our displays against them then I feel that we’ve got plenty more to look forward to from our squad this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:50 - Nov 2 with 2798 viewsfooters

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:35 - Nov 2 by Ely_Blue

Firstly I don’t live in Ely anymore (it’s not me that should be keeping up)
Secondly I’m away on business in Ireland currently so haven’t been on TWTD watching every post for the last few days…

But you also play a homphobic game in your car with your son yet you're the one who doesn't need to keep up?

Yeah OK, mate.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:52]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:50 - Nov 2 with 2805 viewsGeomorph

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:38 - Nov 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

TimothyYeo is still here, not seen him tonight though.

Ahh.. isn’t that the guy who ‘knows everything about football’… strangely quiet
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:54 - Nov 2 with 2736 viewsHerbivore

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:49 - Nov 2 by Chrisd

It’s not really unfair to say we didn’t deserve something from the Plymouth game either. At one point tonight, Plymouth and Wycombe were sitting 1st and 2nd and based on our displays against them then I feel that we’ve got plenty more to look forward to from our squad this season.

But we didn't get anything at Plymouth, results matter. It matters less given we won tonight but we need to keep picking up results now.

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:00 - Nov 2 with 2694 viewsChrisd

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:54 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

But we didn't get anything at Plymouth, results matter. It matters less given we won tonight but we need to keep picking up results now.

Both performances showed we aren’t far away, we might have lost on Saturday, but Plymouth will know they got away with one there. Our team has laid down their markers with these two displays away from home against sides riding high in the top 6. The signs are encouraging and 7 wins from our last 11 games confirms it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:13 - Nov 2 with 2609 viewsKeaneish

Think they’re still on their way back in a mini-van with Mullet, Bluebadger, Healy and a few others talking about how it’s impossible to get automatic promotion and how Cook now only had three games to save his job…

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:16 - Nov 2 with 2587 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:13 - Nov 2 by Keaneish

Think they’re still on their way back in a mini-van with Mullet, Bluebadger, Healy and a few others talking about how it’s impossible to get automatic promotion and how Cook now only had three games to save his job…

You know when you're a kid, and someone is having a proper sulk, and you try to make them laugh....but they do all they can not to laugh......

That's that lot trying to convince themselves things are still really bad, because they remember last season, and the start of this with Cook.
Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:04 - Nov 3 with 2479 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 22:50 - Nov 2 by footers

But you also play a homphobic game in your car with your son yet you're the one who doesn't need to keep up?

Yeah OK, mate.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:52]

Ah you are blubfish and I claim my £10 prize….

Let’s get one thing straight - I am not your MATE.

And frankly I don’t give a toss what you think of something that you have taken out of context dickhead

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:09 - Nov 3 with 2466 viewsNeedhamChris

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:04 - Nov 3 by Ely_Blue

Ah you are blubfish and I claim my £10 prize….

Let’s get one thing straight - I am not your MATE.

And frankly I don’t give a toss what you think of something that you have taken out of context dickhead

This isn’t the first time you’ve seemed so keen to look for conflict after a win. People are allowed to be concerned but then also be too busy celebrating a win.

What’s the point?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 00:12 - Nov 3 with 2449 viewsunstableblue

Anyone seen these guys tonight…….. on 23:13 - Nov 2 by Keaneish

Herbivore is on the bus too

They’ll be talking about one dimensional Cook is, and how the season is gone, and more importantly that the league is sh!t and we should walk it - tell that to Wigan, Rotherham

And of course that we’ve not beaten a team in the top six… errr but we have?! And errr we’d only played one before this

SORRY…. I’m getting sucked into the tit fit tat silliness

But to be clear the reaction to the Plymouth performance was RIDICULOUS

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024