Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. 22:50 - Nov 23 with 2358 viewsElderGrizzly

“Far better than us. They are something we aspire to be”.

That’s where we are ladies and gentlemen. Aspiring to be Rotherham.

That will go down like a pile of sick with the owners and Ashton i’m sure #itfc
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:52 - Nov 23 with 2098 viewshomer_123

I'd take us being like Rotherham right now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:54 - Nov 23 with 2041 viewsIllinoisblue

To be fair, that’s probably the most accurate and realistic thing Cook has said in his time here.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:54 - Nov 23 with 2042 viewspointofblue

The big problem is despite the overhaul and so called class sqaud we're still aspiring to be Rotherham.

We could have managed that without spending a penny of the hedge fund.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:57 - Nov 23 with 1965 viewsN2_Blue

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:54 - Nov 23 by pointofblue

The big problem is despite the overhaul and so called class sqaud we're still aspiring to be Rotherham.

We could have managed that without spending a penny of the hedge fund.

And what's the playing budget of Rotherham compared to us?

I don't mind aspiring to be Rotherham right now but the fact we are not even close despite having considerable more resource falls solely with Paul Cook right now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:58 - Nov 23 with 1943 viewsfooters

The yanks probably think Rotherham are sleeping giants just like us.

Tonight was dogsh1t. Time's up.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 1936 viewsSimonds92

Well oiled team that all know their jobs and are effective. That's exactly what we're aspiring to be.
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:00 - Nov 23 with 1902 viewsElderGrizzly

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 22:52 - Nov 23 by homer_123

I'd take us being like Rotherham right now.

My take is, with all the money spent we should aspire to be better.

Agree, being top with limited funds is hell of an achievement by them
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:04 - Nov 23 with 1852 viewshomer_123

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:00 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

My take is, with all the money spent we should aspire to be better.

Agree, being top with limited funds is hell of an achievement by them

Well...I'd hope we aspire to better 😉

Joking aside...Rotherham are a very decent mix of hustle, bustle, directness but with players that can actually play some football.

Does it matter that it's Rotherham?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:18 - Nov 23 with 1741 viewsSomethingBlue

That's Rotherham whose best player we very nearly signed in the summer through sheer weight of resources. Just not good enough.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:20 - Nov 23 with 1715 viewsWickets

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:18 - Nov 23 by SomethingBlue

That's Rotherham whose best player we very nearly signed in the summer through sheer weight of resources. Just not good enough.

Who was that then ?
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:21 - Nov 23 with 1707 viewsSomethingBlue

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:20 - Nov 23 by Wickets

Who was that then ?

Matt Crooks.

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:24 - Nov 23 with 1656 viewsWickets

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:21 - Nov 23 by SomethingBlue

Matt Crooks.

He aint their player any more !
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:26 - Nov 23 with 1633 viewsSomethingBlue

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:24 - Nov 23 by Wickets

He aint their player any more !

Correct. My point is the disparity in resources and pre-season ambition.

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:54 - Nov 23 with 1485 viewsGarv

I don't get comments like this. All it says that we're a league one club, which we know already.

We were playing against Rotherham during the Royle era in Division One.

They're a good League One team and in recent years a poor Championship one. They looked very much a Championship side tonight. They were all over us.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:57 - Nov 23 with 1466 viewspointofblue

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:54 - Nov 23 by Garv

I don't get comments like this. All it says that we're a league one club, which we know already.

They're a good League One team and in recent years a poor Championship one. They looked very much a Championship side tonight. They were all over us.

Maybe it's a degree of arrogance but, with this squad, clubs should be aspiring to be us, not have us in mid November aspiring to be other clubs, and not even clubs in the division above.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 00:10 - Nov 24 with 1435 viewsSarge

They aren’t good enough at football to survive in the Championship. To be a top end League One team you need to be horrible bastards to play against, give very little away and aspire to basically out-slog the opponent. Very few sides that win promotion play any kind of decent football but that doesn’t stand them in great stead for the Championship.

I’d really rather we didn’t aspire to be like Rotherham. I want us to win but they were very boring to watch.
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 00:47 - Nov 24 with 1367 viewsStrimmer

Is this attitude still persisting? Of course we aspire to be like Rotherham when they play like a proper unit and are top of the league.

People go around here saying that fans ‘accepting mediocrity’ when they aren’t furious all the time is somehow to blame for where the club is. Well I’ll tell you what, this kind of blinkered arrogance is way way more harmful than a bit of optimism, however misplaced it is.

Poll: Was it a punch?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 05:58 - Nov 24 with 1088 viewssolomon

Lots and lots of posts here using the words aspire and aspiration. After well over a decade the penny is dropping for many who had total unwavering belief in the club,We’ve all been brainwashed into accepting mediocrity and empty promises for far too long, maybe we are approaching a real watershed moment for our club? I hope so but I fear we may have to fall further as yet.
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 06:46 - Nov 24 with 988 viewsHerbivore

They looked like a good League 1 team, which is what we were all expecting we'd be this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 06:53 - Nov 24 with 963 viewssolomon

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 06:46 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

They looked like a good League 1 team, which is what we were all expecting we'd be this season.

Not too much to ask for really is it, especially considering the squad we’ve put together. If PC can’t make any tangible progress this season there does seem to be little suggest he can do it next season either. The owners have some thinking to do, I’d hate to be in their shoes.
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 07:29 - Nov 24 with 878 viewsElderGrizzly

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 06:46 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Agree, they are. I was taking the long-term view that Cook likes to hide behind.

I don’t for one minute believe the new investors (because that is what they are) have “aspire to be Rotherham” in their business plan for making millions.
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 07:37 - Nov 24 with 847 viewsHullblue

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 07:29 - Nov 24 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, they are. I was taking the long-term view that Cook likes to hide behind.

I don’t for one minute believe the new investors (because that is what they are) have “aspire to be Rotherham” in their business plan for making millions.

It seems pretty obvious that PC meant we aspire to have a team as effective as theirs, not that we want to become as massive and successful as a club as Rotherham. The team is his job - that’s what he was talking about.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 07:39 - Nov 24 with 837 viewswkj

This season-

Balls. End of.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 07:45 - Nov 24 with 807 viewsOldboy

They have a very good squad for this level.
According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 09:52 - Nov 24 with 664 viewsWickets

According to Cook, we aspire to be like Rotherham. on 23:26 - Nov 23 by SomethingBlue

Correct. My point is the disparity in resources and pre-season ambition.

There was nothing wrong in trying to buy Crooks , sorry but i simply dont get your point , we did try to get him but he went to a club in a higher division , so we moved on . Nothing wrong with that in my book but each to their own i suppose .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024