Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Instant boiling water tap? 06:50 - Dec 1 with 1767 viewsYallop

The Mrs is trying to convince me to get one of these and do away with the kettle as I apparently drink too much tea and ruin the kettle?

I can't be doing with the expense or hassle but wondered if it's worth it? Sorry for the mumsnet post.
Instant boiling water tap? on 07:08 - Dec 1 with 1714 viewssolomon

Unless you are spending big on say a Vivreau or zip tap I wouldn’t bother, the cheaper variants are ok but rarely last that long.
Instant boiling water tap? on 07:23 - Dec 1 with 1684 viewsLeaky

If you get one, make sure it has a scale reducer & filter incorporated in it, as hard water can be a problem.
Instant boiling water tap? on 07:35 - Dec 1 with 1657 viewsBasuco

They are not hot enough for a decent cup of tea so do not replace a kettle for that.
Instant boiling water tap? on 07:40 - Dec 1 with 1646 viewsYallop

Instant boiling water tap? on 07:35 - Dec 1 by Basuco

They are not hot enough for a decent cup of tea so do not replace a kettle for that.

That's what I was concerned about. Reviews say some are but I'm not convinced
Instant boiling water tap? on 07:49 - Dec 1 with 1616 viewsnoggin

Instant boiling water tap? on 07:40 - Dec 1 by Yallop

That's what I was concerned about. Reviews say some are but I'm not convinced

Get your own kettle. F**k her!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Instant boiling water tap? on 07:58 - Dec 1 with 1599 viewsJon_456

Instant boiling water tap? on 07:49 - Dec 1 by noggin

Get your own kettle. F**k her!

Presumably in no particular order?
Instant boiling water tap? on 08:30 - Dec 1 with 1489 viewsNBVJohn

Instant boiling water tap? on 07:35 - Dec 1 by Basuco

This.

Keep the kettle. Accept no substitute.
Instant boiling water tap? on 08:32 - Dec 1 with 1478 viewsMattinLondon

We moved into our house approximately three years ago and one of those hot taps was already installed. The make, is ‘Quooker’, and I have no idea whether or not it’s expensive.

However, it’s boiling hot and it takes a few seconds to make a cuppa. Brilliant in the mornings.

Once you have on of them, kettles seem so slow - saying that, if we move house we probably wouldn’t buy one. It’s something you miss when it’s not there but you’ll quickly adapt back to a kettle again.
Login to get fewer ads

Instant boiling water tap? on 08:34 - Dec 1 with 1467 viewsCotty

We've got one and it's great, but it is a bit of a ridiculous luxury. But 3 mins after wanting a cup of tea, you could be holding one, it's pretty special!
Instant boiling water tap? on 09:24 - Dec 1 with 1352 viewsGeoffSentence

Instant boiling water tap? on 08:34 - Dec 1 by Cotty

We've got one and it's great, but it is a bit of a ridiculous luxury. But 3 mins after wanting a cup of tea, you could be holding one, it's pretty special!

3 minutes? No different from a kettle. Just squeeze your bag.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Instant boiling water tap? on 09:25 - Dec 1 with 1351 viewsCotty

Instant boiling water tap? on 09:24 - Dec 1 by GeoffSentence

3 minutes? No different from a kettle. Just squeeze your bag.

The hot water is instant but a proper brew is not - I'm not a heathen
Instant boiling water tap? on 09:41 - Dec 1 with 1298 viewsgiant_stow

If you have kids of a certain age I wouldn't stayed in a couple of holiday homes with these and found it terrifying every time the kid went to the taps, but maybe I'm just a worrier.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Instant boiling water tap? on 09:51 - Dec 1 with 1284 viewsCaptainAhab

Got one for my mum, who's a proper tea snob, for her birthday (my 7y/o daughter's idea). Expected her to hate it, but she loves it. I've used it a few times (also a tea snob) and can confirm it's great. Only enough for one cup at a time, but if you're a solo tea drinker get one!
Instant boiling water tap? on 09:54 - Dec 1 with 1271 viewsCotty

Instant boiling water tap? on 09:51 - Dec 1 by CaptainAhab

Got one for my mum, who's a proper tea snob, for her birthday (my 7y/o daughter's idea). Expected her to hate it, but she loves it. I've used it a few times (also a tea snob) and can confirm it's great. Only enough for one cup at a time, but if you're a solo tea drinker get one!

Our one can fill two large saucepans. There are bigger ones too. In fact you can get boilers that work on the same principle.
Instant boiling water tap? on 09:54 - Dec 1 with 1268 viewsclive_baker

If your missus in anything like mine, there's probably a payback based on how much she overfills a kettle. £68 million a year is estimated to be wasted annually by consumers over-filling their kettles, and I'm convinced at least £300k of that is mine.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Instant boiling water tap? on 10:07 - Dec 1 with 1227 viewsCaptainAhab

Instant boiling water tap? on 09:54 - Dec 1 by Cotty

Our one can fill two large saucepans. There are bigger ones too. In fact you can get boilers that work on the same principle.

Yeah, we got my mum a solo one as she lives on her own, but I'd seriously consider one for our home now. That being said we've got a Brita kettle that takes less than 60 seconds to boil anyhow so not much difference.
Instant boiling water tap? on 10:52 - Dec 1 with 1169 viewsNBVJohn

Instant boiling water tap? on 09:51 - Dec 1 by CaptainAhab

……so no good whatsoever for those of us dinosaurs that still own a proper tea pot.
Instant boiling water tap? on 12:47 - Dec 1 with 1060 viewsPlums

I looked at one when we had our kitchen rebuilt four years ago. I couldn't get the economics to stack up. I concluded that they're not cheap, can only be installed in certain places because of the infrastructure needed and it would take many years to pay back - if ever, over the cost of a boiling kettle.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Instant boiling water tap? on 13:00 - Dec 1 with 1033 viewsnodge_blue

I use a britax water jug / filter thing which keeps the kettle relatively limescale free.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 13:00]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Instant boiling water tap? on 13:01 - Dec 1 with 1021 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We have one - excellent.
Instant boiling water tap? on 13:29 - Dec 1 with 993 viewsghostofescobar

We have them at work and they are constantly breaking down. Stick to a kettle.

GhostOfEscobar

Instant boiling water tap? on 14:13 - Dec 1 with 950 viewsfactual_blue

Do you have a water softener?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024