Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The McGreal appointment is a bit odd 13:10 - Dec 2 with 1634 viewsnodge_blue

in the sense that he is assisting Kieron Dyer in the U23s.

And that was what Terry Butcher was doing.

But then there was an announcement that Terry was leaving as there was no role for him. Only to be replaced by another former ex Ipswich centre half.

I feel a bit for TB. Not sure what went on there but he must be questioning it himself?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Scouse mafia, innit. (n/t) on 13:14 - Dec 2 with 1588 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Scouse mafia, innit. (n/t) on 13:17 - Dec 2 with 1566 viewsMattinLondon

Scouse mafia, innit. (n/t) on 13:14 - Dec 2 by Bloots

Does the scouse mafia look a bit like this?

[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 13:21]
The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 13:30 - Dec 2 with 1499 viewsDubtractor

This does seem an odd appointment to be honest.

I'm not buying into any conspiracy nonsense about him being a caretaker in waiting, just seems an appointment to a role that wasn't obviously needing to be filled.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 13:51 - Dec 2 with 1427 viewstractorboy1978

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 13:30 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

I'm not buying into any conspiracy nonsense about him being a caretaker in waiting, just seems an appointment to a role that wasn't obviously needing to be filled.

I think it's pretty obvious he's going to be doing more than it says on the tin - getting involved a bit on the training ground with the first team for sure. But people also forget Dyer has just been diagnosed with a liver issue and could probably do with support anyway. It's currently being provided by Klug, who also has a far wider role on his plate too.
The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:09 - Dec 2 with 1337 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 13:51 - Dec 2 by tractorboy1978

I think it's pretty obvious he's going to be doing more than it says on the tin - getting involved a bit on the training ground with the first team for sure. But people also forget Dyer has just been diagnosed with a liver issue and could probably do with support anyway. It's currently being provided by Klug, who also has a far wider role on his plate too.

This.

To think he is coaching the U23 is a bit daft. He is 1st team all over and its been worded in such a way not to put anyone's nose of joint.
The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:12 - Dec 2 with 1325 viewsnodge_blue

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:09 - Dec 2 by BlueBlueBluex2

This.

To think he is coaching the U23 is a bit daft. He is 1st team all over and its been worded in such a way not to put anyone's nose of joint.

I think if I was Jeffers and the U23 coach started coaching the first team defence - and thats not in his job title or job spec - id be more put out than if someone was upfront and just moved me out of that role.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:18 - Dec 2 with 1291 viewsHalifaxBlue

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:12 - Dec 2 by nodge_blue

I think if I was Jeffers and the U23 coach started coaching the first team defence - and thats not in his job title or job spec - id be more put out than if someone was upfront and just moved me out of that role.

IIRC correctly Jeffers is responsible for defensive set-plays, not the entire defence. I think Cook claims to be in charge of that.

Altho whoever it is really can't have any complaints if they are kindly asked to listen to McGreal at this point, it's not been good.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:20 - Dec 2 with 1277 viewstractorboy1978

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:12 - Dec 2 by nodge_blue

I'd personally be glad as a former centre forward that I could now concentrate on coaching the strikers, as someone who has played in the Premier League as a centre half and has 400 appearances under their belt is going to be taking that role.
Login to get fewer ads

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:41 - Dec 2 with 1241 viewsitfcjoe

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 13:30 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

It's a first team appointment, at most with the 23s he'll be a sort of link man helping players through - just not wanting to put noises out of joint with the announcement

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 15:24 - Dec 2 with 1150 viewsRomeo4

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 14:41 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

It's a first team appointment, at most with the 23s he'll be a sort of link man helping players through - just not wanting to put noises out of joint with the announcement

Do we think he’ll be on the bench on match days?
The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 15:27 - Dec 2 with 1137 viewsitfcjoe

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 15:24 - Dec 2 by Romeo4

Do we think he’ll be on the bench on match days?

He's normally been up in the stands on matchday, so may continue doing that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 21:11 - Dec 2 with 928 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Some noses need to be put out of joint the way we’ve been going. All very cosy and matey on the coaching staff, ironic this criticism was inferred about players before the close season shake up ….. maybe we need a coaching shake up

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 21:23 - Dec 2 with 876 viewsChurchman

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 13:51 - Dec 2 by tractorboy1978

With no info whatsoever, I think your point about KDs illness is the most likely. The u23s sounds a demanding role and with what Kieron is going through, bringing in JM sounds a good move to me. How that goes with Terry B leaving, I really don’t know.. maybe the TB thing just didn’t work.
The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 21:43 - Dec 2 with 820 viewsEwan_Oozami

Options....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The McGreal appointment is a bit odd on 21:44 - Dec 2 with 814 viewsZXBlue

You keep statijng this sort of stuff as if facts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024