Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football insider 08:07 - Dec 12 with 7112 viewssaffers12

Harris had interview
Terry a possibility
Mogga number 1 target but unlikely
Lampard said no
Football insider on 08:10 - Dec 12 with 4611 viewshype313

Pretty much what Phil said on Friday then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Football insider on 08:10 - Dec 12 with 4609 viewsChrisd

One thing is for sure, it’s going to be an interesting couple of days for us all.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Football insider on 09:23 - Dec 12 with 4284 viewsblueboyd

all these insiders.... no one knows apart from the ITFC board and I doubt anyone has tapped them up for titbits.. rumour rumour rumour is all it is.
Football insider on 09:25 - Dec 12 with 4256 viewsPlums

Football insider on 09:23 - Dec 12 by blueboyd

all these insiders.... no one knows apart from the ITFC board and I doubt anyone has tapped them up for titbits.. rumour rumour rumour is all it is.

Agreed. The club is not as leaky as it once was. Very few of our summer signings were signposted before they were announced.
As KOA said on their recent pod Football Insider etc need to attract clicks so a pinch of salt is needed.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football insider on 09:39 - Dec 12 with 4166 viewsRomeo4

I do wonder if there will be an appointment completely from left field. Someone none of us have considered. Nothing would surprise me these days!

Whoever it is I just hope they’re given the time to make things work.
Football insider on 09:42 - Dec 12 with 4140 viewsSomethingBlue

Football insider on 09:39 - Dec 12 by Romeo4

I do wonder if there will be an appointment completely from left field. Someone none of us have considered. Nothing would surprise me these days!

Whoever it is I just hope they’re given the time to make things work.

On that point I'd remind people how well Gamechanger know Barnsley's owners, whose recruitment at most of their clubs has been outside the box and generally very successful. It's certainly possible, although not ideal that any of this is happening mid-season and in L1.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Football insider on 09:49 - Dec 12 with 4090 viewsitfcjoe

Football insider on 09:42 - Dec 12 by SomethingBlue

On that point I'd remind people how well Gamechanger know Barnsley's owners, whose recruitment at most of their clubs has been outside the box and generally very successful. It's certainly possible, although not ideal that any of this is happening mid-season and in L1.

Guess we don’t know how much of a sense of panic there is and do we need to go for someone more direct to get us moving ASAP? Harris won’t see himself like that though as will see it as a longer term job.

But we’ve gone into yesterday looking poor, gone 442 at top team and looked fine - and you see how 19/20 started, and how successful teams at this level set up and it’s a question that should be asked

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football insider on 10:07 - Dec 12 with 3938 viewsStokieBlue

Football insider on 09:49 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Guess we don’t know how much of a sense of panic there is and do we need to go for someone more direct to get us moving ASAP? Harris won’t see himself like that though as will see it as a longer term job.

But we’ve gone into yesterday looking poor, gone 442 at top team and looked fine - and you see how 19/20 started, and how successful teams at this level set up and it’s a question that should be asked

I don't think we looked that fine playing 442, I thought both teams looked pretty poor.

SB
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 10:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Football insider on 10:20 - Dec 12 with 3849 viewsitfcjoe

Football insider on 10:07 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

I don't think we looked that fine playing 442, I thought both teams looked pretty poor.

SB
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 10:12]

Bearing in mind it was away against a top team in the league and first time we’ve played it all season (and both strikers didn’t play well) we were definitely fine

Football insider on 10:24 - Dec 12 with 3810 viewsStokieBlue

Football insider on 10:20 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Bearing in mind it was away against a top team in the league and first time we’ve played it all season (and both strikers didn’t play well) we were definitely fine

Wigan can't be that poor every week otherwise they wouldn't be at the top. I think on another day we would have lost that comfortably.

That doesn't mean 442 can't work for us, just I don't think we were particularly any better playing it than 4231.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Football insider on 10:24 - Dec 12 with 3806 viewsHackneyblueboy

Football insider on 09:42 - Dec 12 by SomethingBlue

If they can't get their man now then seems foolish to appoint someone of Harris' calibre just because he is available.

Not sure the current players suit his style and he wouldn't be a popular choice with the fan base. If the philosophy choice isn't going to be around until the summer then we should stick with Mcgreal or get someone like Warnock for a 6 month shot at the playoffs.

Choosing the middle ground option seems incredibly short sighted.

I guess we'll know more in a week or so but at the moment looks a bit scattergun.
Football insider on 10:27 - Dec 12 with 3778 viewsPhilTWTD

It won't be Terry, character-wise not someone they'd appoint, from what I'm told.
Football insider on 10:28 - Dec 12 with 3751 viewsitfcjoe

Football insider on 10:24 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

Wigan can't be that poor every week otherwise they wouldn't be at the top. I think on another day we would have lost that comfortably.

That doesn't mean 442 can't work for us, just I don't think we were particularly any better playing it than 4231.

SB

The League is pretty poor, you see their results and there aren’t many particularly eye catching ones - it’s just percentage Football to an extent and trying to get basics right

Football insider on 10:28 - Dec 12 with 3757 viewsSomethingBlue

Football insider on 09:49 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Yep that's the question and it's why this is all so awkward — how much do the position, and the timing, impact on long-term plans?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Football insider on 10:31 - Dec 12 with 3716 viewspointofblue

Football insider on 10:24 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

SB

To be honest no one we’ve played has looked that great this year except for Rotherham and, even with them, it was down to their workmanlike qualities and set up.

It makes our current league position look even worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Football insider on 10:31 - Dec 12 with 3709 viewsRomeo4

Football insider on 10:27 - Dec 12 by PhilTWTD

It won't be Terry, character-wise not someone they'd appoint, from what I'm told.

Can’t say I’m disappointed to hear that.
Football insider on 10:32 - Dec 12 with 3699 viewspointofblue

Do you think Harris is looking likely, Phil?

Football insider on 10:33 - Dec 12 with 3690 viewsWeirdFishes

It’s going to be Harris isn’t it…

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Football insider on 10:33 - Dec 12 with 3690 viewsHackneyblueboy

Phil is it Harris' to lose at the moment or do you think someone will end up being appointed who hasn't yet been picked up by the media?
Football insider on 10:35 - Dec 12 with 3675 viewsITFCBlues

Football insider on 10:28 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

The League is pretty poor, you see their results and there aren’t many particularly eye catching ones - it’s just percentage Football to an extent and trying to get basics right

Agree with this. They were happy to get that goal then sit back and try to kill the game.

With regards to appointing a manager, I thought this was meant to be a really attractive job that managers would be falling over for, really doesn't appear to be that way by those being linked. If it's Harris, I'd rather give it to McGreal until end of season.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Football insider on 10:38 - Dec 12 with 3636 viewsitfcjoe

Football insider on 10:35 - Dec 12 by ITFCBlues

Agree with this. They were happy to get that goal then sit back and try to kill the game.

With regards to appointing a manager, I thought this was meant to be a really attractive job that managers would be falling over for, really doesn't appear to be that way by those being linked. If it's Harris, I'd rather give it to McGreal until end of season.

This is a very attractive job, but it boils down to who we want

Football insider on 10:40 - Dec 12 with 3609 viewsITFCBlues

Football insider on 10:38 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

I'm just wondering if it's more down to timing currently. Hell of an effort needed for play-offs and half way through season.

Think an appointment until end of season is best bet.

Football insider on 10:42 - Dec 12 with 3590 viewsitfcjoe

Football insider on 10:40 - Dec 12 by ITFCBlues

I'm just wondering if it's more down to timing currently. Hell of an effort needed for play-offs and half way through season.

Think an appointment until end of season is best bet.

Doing that limits your option unless someone desperate for it though

It may boil down to who is best positioned to get us up this year, and Harris not a bad shout in that regard, with attempt to have a break clause in deal if he doesn’t

Football insider on 10:43 - Dec 12 with 3579 viewspointofblue

Football insider on 10:38 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

How is Harris attractive to them, though? His style of football doesn’t suit the squad and he had a bad time, in the end, at Cardiff. Who else is on the shortlist for him to be considered the best option?

Football insider on 10:44 - Dec 12 with 3558 viewsITFCBlues

Football insider on 10:42 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Doing that limits your option unless someone desperate for it though

It may boil down to who is best positioned to get us up this year, and Harris not a bad shout in that regard, with attempt to have a break clause in deal if he doesn’t

I actually don't think Harris is that bad a shout. Think he's got a solid record.

Think issue is that fans had expected a Lampard to drop down, a bigger name. Didn't ever think there was a chance of that happening.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024