Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kicking off in rural Wiltshire 17:54 - Dec 27 with 6262 viewsgordon

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:58 - Dec 27 with 1067 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:41 - Dec 27 by GeoffSentence

Not legally. Nor is there provision in law to allow dog fighting or badger baiting to happen accidentally.

Look, I am no expert on this matter and I have no strong views - but as far as I am aware fox hunting is banned - but you can ride and flush them out with no more than two hounds as long as you shoot the b8ggers when you see them.

I'm not trying to wave a flag for fox hunting, I'm just trying to balance things out. My back goes up a bit when people's main problem with it is because they think it's a load of toffs galavanting around - which it isn't.

When I consider how many domestic animals are tortured and killed every year it does genuinely make me question the real reasons people yell more about a few foxes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:11 - Dec 27 with 1035 viewsBloots

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:58 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Look, I am no expert on this matter and I have no strong views - but as far as I am aware fox hunting is banned - but you can ride and flush them out with no more than two hounds as long as you shoot the b8ggers when you see them.

I'm not trying to wave a flag for fox hunting, I'm just trying to balance things out. My back goes up a bit when people's main problem with it is because they think it's a load of toffs galavanting around - which it isn't.

When I consider how many domestic animals are tortured and killed every year it does genuinely make me question the real reasons people yell more about a few foxes.

....shoot or trap animals.

Whether it's grouse, rabbits, pigeons, muntjac, etc. Most Sundays there is a box of something dead on the bar in my local, take your pick.

None of them are posh, in fact most of them are the exact opposite. Salt of the earth country boys without two pennies to rub together.

I struggle to see why foxes and blokes on horses get all the abuse.....I can only assume it's a class war type thing.

Some people are strange.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:17 - Dec 27 with 1023 viewsBlueBadger

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:11 - Dec 27 by Bloots

Whether it's grouse, rabbits, pigeons, muntjac, etc. Most Sundays there is a box of something dead on the bar in my local, take your pick.

None of them are posh, in fact most of them are the exact opposite. Salt of the earth country boys without two pennies to rub together.

I struggle to see why foxes and blokes on horses get all the abuse.....I can only assume it's a class war type thing.

Some people are strange.

Generally speaking, it's because the grouse, muntjac, etc, etc have been humanely killed and for genuine purpose beyond 'let's tears this fluffy thing to bits for sh1ts and giggles'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:28 - Dec 27 with 1012 viewsBloots

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:17 - Dec 27 by BlueBadger

Generally speaking, it's because the grouse, muntjac, etc, etc have been humanely killed and for genuine purpose beyond 'let's tears this fluffy thing to bits for sh1ts and giggles'.

....hunting are "posh", that was more my point.

The vast majority of "country folk" are as common as muck.

Fox Hunting is illegal, shooting deer isn't.

I'm sure that if the people shooting deer were perceived to be "posh" then they would get the same grief from the hippies.

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:29 - Dec 27 with 1009 viewsbluelagos

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:11 - Dec 27 by Bloots

Some people are strange.

Killing animals for fun is a world away from killing animals for food. That's true whether it's fox hunting or cock fighting or bull fighting. Class has sod all to do with it, you have created a straw man imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

No, I'm also saying that.... on 22:34 - Dec 27 with 1002 viewsBloots

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:29 - Dec 27 by bluelagos

Killing animals for fun is a world away from killing animals for food. That's true whether it's fox hunting or cock fighting or bull fighting. Class has sod all to do with it, you have created a straw man imho.

....class has sod all to do with it.

Others on here are using class as a reason that it's apparently tolerated.

Even though its illegal and therefore not tolerated.

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:38 - Dec 27 with 989 viewsSuffolktractor

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:28 - Dec 27 by Bloots

....hunting are "posh", that was more my point.

The vast majority of "country folk" are as common as muck.

Fox Hunting is illegal, shooting deer isn't.

I'm sure that if the people shooting deer were perceived to be "posh" then they would get the same grief from the hippies.

Strange that these animal loving anti hunters don’t seem to get too bothered about hare coursing.
Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:43 - Dec 27 with 961 viewsjeera

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:38 - Dec 27 by Suffolktractor

Strange that these animal loving anti hunters don’t seem to get too bothered about hare coursing.

What a stupid comment.

No one's mentioned bear baiting either sunshine, or horse racing nor a million other pursuits.

You going to go through them one by one hoping to make a point?

Desperate nonsense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

No, I'm also saying that.... on 22:46 - Dec 27 with 949 viewsjeera

No, I'm also saying that.... on 22:34 - Dec 27 by Bloots

Clearly more than tolerated by certain echelons of society and is still championed for.

No one would dare to publicly campaign for dog fighting.

You're normally one of the brighter sorts and it makes no sense for you to lower yourself in this way.

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:46 - Dec 27 with 951 viewseastangliaisblue

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:43 - Dec 27 by jeera

What a stupid comment.

No one's mentioned bear baiting either sunshine, or horse racing nor a million other pursuits.

Desperate nonsense.

Indeed it is a stupid comment.

How can people go out and protest against Hare coursing when it's done as secretly as possible?
kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 22:47 - Dec 27 with 942 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:00 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Actually...... I have never really been pro or anti fox hunting, it really isn't something that i would want to watch or participate in - especially as I hate the countryside. I may have defended their right in the past as I know a couple of huntsman and they used to take it all very seriously. I remember your story about your grandads fields. I spoke to a few people about this at the time and none of them accepted it could be true - unless they all hated your grandad.

I think fox hunting would be more acceptable if they actually managed to get a few foxes as from what I have been told they often blank. If the purpose is to rid foxes to prevent them scavenging and destroying farmers livelihoods then I see little point if they often fail. For that reason, on balance I am against it.

Anyway, I mentioned stag hunting because I think this is essential in order to cull the old and deformed and I just wondered what your thoughts were on that.

For what it's worth I am very much an animal man and get very upset about animal cruelty.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 21:07]

They lied to you....I have saboteured numerous hunts across land on which they were not wanted. ( on many occasions alongside the good folk of Chumbawamba)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:48 - Dec 27 with 935 viewsjeera

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:46 - Dec 27 by eastangliaisblue

Indeed it is a stupid comment.

How can people go out and protest against Hare coursing when it's done as secretly as possible?

For the record I'm not a fan.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 22:48 - Dec 27 with 932 viewsRyorry

From the look of that footage, the two sides seem to be getting more out of confronting each other than chasing any fox (penny for the thoughts of the horses looking calmly on); so perhaps the pro- and anti- hunting groups should just take it in turns to chase each other and leave the supposedly 'lesser' animals out of the proceedings.

Stag hunting was made illegal in England in 2004, since when (at least in theory) old/sick deer are culled by marksmen.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 22:50 - Dec 27 with 927 viewsjeera

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 22:47 - Dec 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

They lied to you....I have saboteured numerous hunts across land on which they were not wanted. ( on many occasions alongside the good folk of Chumbawamba)

I have to ask, did any of them ever get knocked down?

And if so, what happened next?

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:50 - Dec 27 with 927 viewsSuffolktractor

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:43 - Dec 27 by jeera

What a stupid comment.

Desperate nonsense.

Not sure there is too much bear baiting these days.
The point is about ‘hunting with dogs’. Hare coursing is alive and well in the countryside, but doesn’t seem to attract the same sort of publicity.
I know plenty of people that.... on 22:50 - Dec 27 with 927 viewsLord_Lucan

I know plenty of people that.... on 22:17 - Dec 27 by BlueBadger

How have they been humanely killed exactly?

trapped with their leg half chopped or maybe straight onto their balls - or gassed maybe, or shot in the arse

If I had to be killed in a quick way I'd choose the hounds, they don't hang about!

My father in law and all his mates used to go ferreting up by Ipswich airport all the time but were never confronted by a mob.

It's all a blood raging class thing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

My point is that using "class" as..... on 22:52 - Dec 27 with 911 viewsBloots

No, I'm also saying that.... on 22:46 - Dec 27 by jeera

Clearly more than tolerated by certain echelons of society and is still championed for.

No one would dare to publicly campaign for dog fighting.

You're normally one of the brighter sorts and it makes no sense for you to lower yourself in this way.

....a stick to beat fox hunters (or indeed any sort of hunter) with isn't valid.

Just because you've got a horse (or access to a horse) it doesn't make you upper class.

My sister in law as got a horse and she's council estate scum.

Yes poshos take part, but so do farmers, builders, cabbies etc, etc.

To make it about class demeans any arguments.

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:57 - Dec 27 with 890 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 22:38 - Dec 27 by Suffolktractor

I for one definitely never turned up at the Waterloo Cup!

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 23:00 - Dec 27 with 881 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 22:50 - Dec 27 by jeera

I have to ask, did any of them ever get knocked down?

And if so, what happened next?

They crawled in the mud but....

No, I'm also saying that.... on 23:07 - Dec 27 with 864 viewsMullet

No, I'm also saying that.... on 22:34 - Dec 27 by Bloots

Depends if you’re conflating all hunting or not. Shooting is a very different thing and while tv might portray as it toffs bumbling around their estates, that’s very different to what’s being discussed here.

There is a massive class element to “the hunt” and parading about on horses with packs of dogs etc. They might employ us lower orders but the whole rationale is one of tradition and that’s linked to the gentry etc.

Lastly there are loads of things which are illegal but policed and sentenced differently. Imagine those sort of scenes were a Tommy Robinson rally or even a football match there’d be truncheons flying QuickTime

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 23:07 - Dec 27 with 858 viewsMullet

I mentioned it specifically posts and hours ago

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Very few people that I know involved in any sort of..... on 10:16 - Dec 28 with 723 viewsBlueBadger

...which is conducted incredibly secretively because it's actively pursued by the police and doesn't appear to have several hundred convenient legal loopholes around it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 10:25 - Dec 28 with 715 viewsArnoldMoorhen

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:18 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Your first sentence is what I was saying - if they were more successful and actually dispatched a few more then it would make more sense.

I don't understand the "Toff" angle though, the hunting people I knew were a mixture from builders to land owners and everything in between. It's a bit like assuming all poachers are P*****s.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 10:42]

I thought about whether to post this or not, but your final sentence shows that you are against members of the Traveller community being unfairly discriminated against, so I will.

You should edit that final word.

I'm not being super-righteous, it's a word I have used myself in the past, but it is considered highly offensive by the Traveller community, so I have had to teach myself not to say it.
No, I'm also saying that.... on 10:32 - Dec 28 with 697 viewsArnoldMoorhen

No, I'm also saying that.... on 23:07 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Depends if you’re conflating all hunting or not. Shooting is a very different thing and while tv might portray as it toffs bumbling around their estates, that’s very different to what’s being discussed here.

There is a massive class element to “the hunt” and parading about on horses with packs of dogs etc. They might employ us lower orders but the whole rationale is one of tradition and that’s linked to the gentry etc.

Lastly there are loads of things which are illegal but policed and sentenced differently. Imagine those sort of scenes were a Tommy Robinson rally or even a football match there’d be truncheons flying QuickTime

Imagine it was some women with candles mourning the violent death at the hands of a serving Police Firearms Officer. Those kind of scenes must be stopped by flooding the area with tooled up riot police.

The class system, and it's bedmates patriarchy and misogyny, alive and punching in 2021.
kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 10:40 - Dec 28 with 682 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 10:25 - Dec 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

I thought about whether to post this or not, but your final sentence shows that you are against members of the Traveller community being unfairly discriminated against, so I will.

You should edit that final word.

I'm not being super-righteous, it's a word I have used myself in the past, but it is considered highly offensive by the Traveller community, so I have had to teach myself not to say it.

I actually posted it on purpose to see what the reaction would be by describing the travelling community by a name they may not like against describing huntsman as "c#nts on horses, posh toffs and scum on horseback"

I've edited it now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024