Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird transfer 15:19 - Jan 6 with 2271 viewsgiant_stow

Sorry its a norwich related thing so no worries if its bores some of you, but Cantwell to Newcastle for £15-20m.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-todd-cantwell-newcastle

Why would they want him?
Why would we sell him to a rival (stop sniggering)?
And who on earth would be that much cash for a guy who can't get in a failing team?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Weird transfer on 15:25 - Jan 6 with 2195 viewsWeWereZombies

Because Cantwell would fit into the style of play Eddie Howe wants to get Newcastle into but doesn't fit in with the style of play Dean Smith has in mind?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Weird transfer on 15:26 - Jan 6 with 2182 viewsfooters

It's a very strange situation there atm.

They want world-class players with the money they've got despite being in the relegation zone.

Howe as a manager who'd be more used to a Championship rebuild and gradual project in the Prem.

And now they seem to be scattergunning money about in the hopes of attracting someone, anyone for a survival push.

Not going to end well, is it?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Weird transfer on 15:28 - Jan 6 with 2163 viewshype313

I'd bite their arm off, every time I've seen him play he just runs around like a headless chicken.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Weird transfer on 15:29 - Jan 6 with 2162 viewshoppy

And how is Cantwell's current valuation between £15-20m, if he's out of contract in the summer, I guess because of the club having an option - otherwise it would be dropping as fast as the club towards relegation?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Weird transfer on 15:29 - Jan 6 with 2152 viewschicoazul

He has such lovely hair.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Weird transfer on 15:31 - Jan 6 with 2132 viewsgiant_stow

Weird transfer on 15:26 - Jan 6 by footers

They want world-class players with the money they've got despite being in the relegation zone.

Howe as a manager who'd be more used to a Championship rebuild and gradual project in the Prem.

And now they seem to be scattergunning money about in the hopes of attracting someone, anyone for a survival push.

No its not .

I'd laugh so hard if they came down with us. Not that we're out of it. no way sir.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Weird transfer on 15:33 - Jan 6 with 2112 viewsgiant_stow

Weird transfer on 15:29 - Jan 6 by hoppy

And how is Cantwell's current valuation between £15-20m, if he's out of contract in the summer, I guess because of the club having an option - otherwise it would be dropping as fast as the club towards relegation?

Yeah there is 1 year option apparently.

Zombies: fair enough
Hype: same:
Chico: yes, but a picky tash.

Weird transfer on 15:35 - Jan 6 with 2097 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not a chance he’s worth 20m. He’s so overrated and proven time and again he’s not that good when in the premier league

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Weird transfer on 15:43 - Jan 6 with 2038 viewsKropotkin123

Strange, this can't end well.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Weird transfer on 15:45 - Jan 6 with 2011 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Weird transfer on 15:35 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Not a chance he’s worth 20m. He’s so overrated and proven time and again he’s not that good when in the premier league

Agree. But I suppose he's about a seventh of a Grealish or something isn't he.
Weird transfer on 15:56 - Jan 6 with 1955 viewsIllinoisblue

Weird transfer on 15:35 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

True but Norwich do very well when selling. They’ve made tens and tens of millions selling at best what are average to fair players. A quick tally of what they’ve made selling academy products versus what we’ve made would clearly show we are in different universes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Weird transfer on 16:07 - Jan 6 with 1882 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not that daft is it? He looked quite promising a couple of seasons ago and a Norwich player has already seen Newcastle as a step up.

£20 million to Saudi Arabia on Tyne is a bit like finding 10p behind the sofa - which is probably a more realistic assessment of Cantwell's value at the present time.

Beginning of the end for Norwich maybe as Smith looks to recruit 'his kind of players' for a relegation fight in the championship

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Weird transfer on 16:08 - Jan 6 with 1880 viewsjaykay

is this the player who wears a alice hair band?
trying to copy grealish but not in football ability

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Weird transfer on 16:18 - Jan 6 with 1841 viewshoppy

How remiss of me.

How did I let this post pass by without picking up on this...

"Sorry its a norwich related thing..." - that's just typical of your sort, always doing the related thing!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Weird transfer on 16:29 - Jan 6 with 1789 viewstractordownsouth

Classic Eddie Howe signing. Spend £15m on a young flashy English talent who has a lot of hype but is actually pretty sh1t.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Weird transfer on 20:00 - Jan 6 with 1591 viewsBlueBadger

Weird transfer on 15:25 - Jan 6 by WeWereZombies

Because Cantwell would fit into the style of play Eddie Howe wants to get Newcastle into but doesn't fit in with the style of play Dean Smith has in mind?

Presumably this much vaunted style would be 'Championship football'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Weird transfer on 20:05 - Jan 6 with 1571 viewsWeWereZombies

Weird transfer on 20:00 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

Presumably this much vaunted style would be 'Championship football'?

I didn't say it was much vaunted, just saying that Howe will have a different approach to Steve Bruce. Both styles would likely have led to Chumpionship football next season, I'll go as far as suggesting that Howe's would be the more likely to get back to playing Premiership football the following season.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Weird transfer on 21:11 - Jan 6 with 1415 viewsnodge_blue

Cantwell is a decent player but maybe he's got a bit big for his boots.

maybe he will revive himself at Newcastle.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Weird transfer on 21:26 - Jan 6 with 1358 viewsSeablu

Always struck me as a bit of a high maintenance show pony who’s easily bullied.
I’d bite their hands off for that sort of money. They’re only your rivals for a little while until the Saudi money kicks in.
It would give you the chance to plunder our u23s for another Liam Gibbs who might make you quite pretty to watch in the championship again next year and so on.
Weird transfer on 21:33 - Jan 6 with 1331 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Weird transfer on 15:26 - Jan 6 by footers

I'm Amazed Tripper is going there... he must absolutely hate Spain. Granted Athleti aren't having a great season but he won a league title and was in La Liga team of the season last year.

I'm sure if he goes there will be a relegation but still, why swap Madrid for relegation threatened Newcastle

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024