Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… 07:13 - Jan 20 with 4804 viewsKieran_Knows

… midfielder from Bristol City.

[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 7:33]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:08 - Jan 20 with 1134 viewsHighgateBlue

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:55 - Jan 20 by hype313

I haven't seen anyone tear up League One, including all the other players in the league, a few have been consistently good, but no one has torn it to shreds.

Still waiting on Judge to tear up League One, I mean League Two, is he tearing that up?

Yes, there's very little tearing going on. Kyle Edwards was supposed to do it, I seem to recall. Tearing up his contract sadly might be closer to where we're heading.

Having said that, I've never seen Bakinson play. If this BC fan rates him, great. If McKenna wants him, then that's all sorts of 'good enough for me'. The fact that he's from Bristol City might make some suspicious as regards Ashton, but I think as a club we'd have to be really stupid to bring in a bright young thing coach and then annoy him by imposing signings on him. I think we should give the benefit of the doubt on that score until there's evidence.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:09 - Jan 20 with 1130 viewsFevsBCFC

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:38 - Jan 20 by Funge

Yeah I thought similar.

FWIW, my Brizzle mate says 'good eye for a pass, killer shot and raw but would tear up L1'.

He also doesn't like Mark Ashton, but we might've had that conversation on here before.

Definitely right about “eye for a pass”, good vision and ability to pass forward / break lines.

He’s a bit of a unit, but he doesn’t use his physique very well unfortunately.

He’s not very defensive minded, isn’t switched on when tracking runs.

His biggest issues are coming into a team, playing really well, but then dropping his levels. Happened on all his loans and at City too. Suggests an attitude issue, but I’m not sure.

Gets shots off too, joining the attack from deep, not as a 10. You want him dictating from deep. Will be good to see how he does.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:12 - Jan 20 with 1109 viewsFevsBCFC

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:41 - Jan 20 by rickw

How many of these are defensively minded though, only Morsy I'd say and the other 7 are more creative/attacking.
Bakinson and Kinsella are both defensive midfielders, so it seems like we're trying to re-address the balance in midfield

Tyreeq is not a defensive midfield, but plays as a deep midfielder, subtle difference. He’s a footballer not a ball winner. Morsy would be a sensible partner.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:13 - Jan 20 with 1085 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oooohhh finally a CDM.

Desperately short in this area, so looks a good move.

RIP Sir Bobby

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:14 - Jan 20 with 1091 viewsDanTheMan

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:12 - Jan 20 by FevsBCFC

Tyreeq is not a defensive midfield, but plays as a deep midfielder, subtle difference. He’s a footballer not a ball winner. Morsy would be a sensible partner.

Sounds like Dozzell.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Evans, Carrol, Harper and in part Morsy have been inconsistent... on 10:16 - Jan 20 with 1066 viewsunstableblue

... so can see the logic

I just hope this was a McKenna driven move, fulfilled by Ashton, rather than Ashton and his ex-Bristol cohorts driving bringing him in

I am sure it was the former

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:19 - Jan 20 with 1067 viewsitfcsuth

I don’t know the player - wish him the best of luck.

However, do we really need another CM, absolutely not.

Bit of a head scratcher this one.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:56 - Jan 20 with 970 viewsHerbivore

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:19 - Jan 20 by itfcsuth

I don’t know the player - wish him the best of luck.

However, do we really need another CM, absolutely not.

Bit of a head scratcher this one.

I think CM has been a bit of a problem area for us all season to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 11:04 - Jan 20 with 946 viewsfranz_tyson

Stu Watson has just wrote on this :-

“He would become the third loanee at the club, alongside Bersant Celina and Macauley Bonne, with Louie Barry having been sent back to Aston Villa and Christian Walton having just signed permanently from Brighton.”

Probably a slip-up, but he doesn’t mention Coulsen as a loanee. I wonder if we’re going to get rid of Coulsen. Watson did mention the other day that the club might have lost patience with the Coulsen situation and cut his loan short.

Too many midfielders, but apart from Morsy we lack physicality in the central midfield roles.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 11:11 - Jan 20 with 901 viewsitfcsuth

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:56 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I don’t see it personally. I think Evans and Morsy are a good pairing at this level.

Behind them there is still the options of Harper, Carroll, El Mizouni, Fraser.

LWB is still the weak point for me.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 11:15 - Jan 20 with 876 viewsitfcsuth

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 11:04 - Jan 20 by franz_tyson

Stu Watson has just wrote on this :-

“He would become the third loanee at the club, alongside Bersant Celina and Macauley Bonne, with Louie Barry having been sent back to Aston Villa and Christian Walton having just signed permanently from Brighton.”

Probably a slip-up, but he doesn’t mention Coulsen as a loanee. I wonder if we’re going to get rid of Coulsen. Watson did mention the other day that the club might have lost patience with the Coulsen situation and cut his loan short.

Too many midfielders, but apart from Morsy we lack physicality in the central midfield roles.

I’m not sure, albeit by looking at very few highlights online he looks a physical type, look tall but very lean.

I would suggest both Harper and Evans are a more physical presence than Bakinson.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 12:39 - Jan 20 with 775 viewsThe_Realist_09

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:09 - Jan 20 by FevsBCFC

Definitely right about “eye for a pass”, good vision and ability to pass forward / break lines.

He’s a bit of a unit, but he doesn’t use his physique very well unfortunately.

He’s not very defensive minded, isn’t switched on when tracking runs.

His biggest issues are coming into a team, playing really well, but then dropping his levels. Happened on all his loans and at City too. Suggests an attitude issue, but I’m not sure.

Gets shots off too, joining the attack from deep, not as a 10. You want him dictating from deep. Will be good to see how he does.

This sounds exactly what we have in Rekeem Harper who can't get in the side.

Let's hope Bakinson turns out to be different!

LB/LWB still screaming out for me
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 707 viewsFevsBCFC

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 11:15 - Jan 20 by itfcsuth

I’m not sure, albeit by looking at very few highlights online he looks a physical type, look tall but very lean.

I would suggest both Harper and Evans are a more physical presence than Bakinson.

Looks like Vieira in build, but he’s not physical at all. Lovely passer though on his day.

Looks like Pearson has had enough of him. We’ve all wondered about his attitude without knowing if it’s just his languid style.

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 673 viewsfooters

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 10:56 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Yeah, he's a massively annoying tit.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 15:34 - Jan 20 with 649 viewsHerbivore

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 11:11 - Jan 20 by itfcsuth

I don’t see it personally. I think Evans and Morsy are a good pairing at this level.

Behind them there is still the options of Harper, Carroll, El Mizouni, Fraser.

LWB is still the weak point for me.

Evans seems to only put in 4 out of 10 or 8 of 10 performances and too often it's the former. For me he's far too inconsistent in what is a key area of the pitch. You need to be able to rely on your CMs, too often sides have overrun us in that area with the game passing them by. None of the understudies have shown anything to suggest they can step up and improve us in that area either, except possibly El Miz who is a touch unlucky not to have played more football this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 16:56 - Jan 20 with 579 viewswkj

"I’m a hard-working player who likes to get on the ball. I’m a box-to-box midfielder and hopefully I’ll get a goal or two. I want to play as many games as I can and help the team as much as possible."

Yeah, any talk about this not being a McKenna player is total bullsht. BBM is exactly the type of player you'd see McKenna going in for.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 17:17 - Jan 20 with 553 viewsJimmy86

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:24 - Jan 20 by Kieran_Knows

Carroll and Nolan to leave, at a guess.

If Carroll can stay fit I'd suggest KM would possibly look to keep him, as he knew him from his time coaching at Tottenham..

I wonder if Fraser will leave for Swansea, would be gutted I'd he did tbh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024