Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson 05:48 - Feb 13 with 7280 viewsboncho1977

Simpson has refused to sign a contract extension with us hence we recalled him back from Swindon. He will be off in the Summer and won’t play a part this season.

So everyone who is calling out for Simpson unless something major happens he won’t play for us
Simpson on 05:57 - Feb 13 with 4278 viewsBondiBlue

I'd say having our 4 senior strikers all badly out of form is something major.

If we play him, he'll sign a new contract. He's a youth team player - he just wants to know he'll get a chance here.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Simpson on 07:12 - Feb 13 with 4136 viewsLeoMuff

Simpson on 05:57 - Feb 13 by BondiBlue

If we play him, he'll sign a new contract. He's a youth team player - he just wants to know he'll get a chance here.

Don’t think so, had his head turned by champ interest.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Simpson on 07:38 - Feb 13 with 4050 viewstivo

He'll be swayed by money. Already flashing Balenciaga gear at every opportunity worth thousands.
Simpson on 07:39 - Feb 13 with 4044 viewshomer_123

This was common knowledge...the reason he was recalled from his loan.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Simpson on 07:45 - Feb 13 with 4022 viewsWestover

We have a one year option so he could be playing for the under 23s next season.
Simpson on 08:24 - Feb 13 with 3824 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I'd be in favour of putting him on the bench for the next match, give him some experience of match day atmosphere, and depending on how it is going, bring him on for 20 minutes. Then after have a good conversation with him and see if he wants more, then it can be factored in to the contract renegotiation.

Poll: would you rather

Simpson on 08:26 - Feb 13 with 3797 viewsMullet

Simpson on 08:24 - Feb 13 by LegendofthePhoenix

I'd be in favour of putting him on the bench for the next match, give him some experience of match day atmosphere, and depending on how it is going, bring him on for 20 minutes. Then after have a good conversation with him and see if he wants more, then it can be factored in to the contract renegotiation.

Shaping up to be another Benyu situation isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Simpson on 08:28 - Feb 13 with 3789 viewsChurchman

Simpson on 07:45 - Feb 13 by Westover

We have a one year option so he could be playing for the under 23s next season.

If that’s the case and the reports about him are correct, if I were the club I’d trigger his contract extension and move him on ASAP. We want people in the building who want to play for the club.

Surely we are done with people who don’t want to be here. I couldn’t care a less how good a prospect he is. If that really is his attitude, his chances of making a career in the game beyond Swindon level are slim anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Simpson on 08:31 - Feb 13 with 3764 viewsChurchman

Simpson on 08:24 - Feb 13 by LegendofthePhoenix

I think he has to earn the right to sit on the bench by working hard in training and being good enough, both ability wise and attitude. That should apply to any player.
Simpson on 08:40 - Feb 13 with 3701 viewsGuthrum

Simpson on 05:57 - Feb 13 by BondiBlue

Refusing to sign a proffered contract seems a curious way of trying to confirm he'll get a chance at Town and forcing his way into the team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Simpson on 09:05 - Feb 13 with 3526 viewsLeoMuff

Simpson on 07:38 - Feb 13 by tivo

He'll be swayed by money. Already flashing Balenciaga gear at every opportunity worth thousands.

Just had a look 1100 euros for a pair of jeans !

The only Muff in Town.

Simpson on 09:10 - Feb 13 with 3493 viewsChurchman

Simpson on 09:05 - Feb 13 by LeoMuff

Cotton Traders - £25 for a pair of jeans. Do exactly the same job and look just as stylish on an old fat bloke.
Simpson on 09:12 - Feb 13 with 3481 viewsstrikalite

Simpson on 09:05 - Feb 13 by LeoMuff

Yeah but he gets his from TK Maxx innit..
Simpson on 09:16 - Feb 13 with 3461 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Simpson on 08:40 - Feb 13 by Guthrum

Refusing to sign a proffered contract seems a curious way of trying to confirm he'll get a chance at Town and forcing his way into the team.

I don't disagree, and also completely agree that we only want players who want to be here. I'm presuming that he is persuadable. He's a young lad and if he can have an arm round his shoulder - maybe KD could help here - that if he were to experience the positivity in the squad and feel the palpable atmosphere of a match day in front of 20,000+ fans, coupled with getting a chance, maybe he could come round and realise this is a great place to be and sign a proper contract. Maybe we could benefit in the short term as we are not exactly prolific atm - then it could be a win-win. But it is essential that he is persuadable. As far as I can see, he's been treated well here, and sending him on loan to Swindon was in his best interests. If he can't understand that and is behaving like a spoiled brat, then keep him playing in the U23s for the next 15 months.

Poll: would you rather

Simpson on 09:25 - Feb 13 with 3409 viewsMattinLondon

Simpson on 07:38 - Feb 13 by tivo

I’d never heard of that brand but googled it. Have to say that the trainers look awful.
Simpson on 09:30 - Feb 13 with 3378 viewsVeggie

Yet another one for a future “Whatever happened to…” thread in 5 years time.
Simpson on 09:35 - Feb 13 with 3330 viewsCheltenham_Blue

People are obsessed with “our youth” he’ll play if he’s good enough. If he isn’t, he won’t.
But right now, the attitude is not something we want at ITFC.

Activate the extra year and put on the transfer list if he doesn’t want to be here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Simpson on 09:38 - Feb 13 with 3309 viewsLeoMuff

Simpson on 09:35 - Feb 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

People are obsessed with “our youth” he’ll play if he’s good enough. If he isn’t, he won’t.

Activate the extra year and put on the transfer list if he doesn’t want to be here.

Sounds like what is about to happen, and a real shame. Hopefully can be persuaded to sign and stay, and if he is good enough and has a decent next season he will get an even bigger move.

The only Muff in Town.

Simpson on 09:49 - Feb 13 with 3258 viewsArnieM

Simpson on 07:12 - Feb 13 by LeoMuff

Don’t think so, had his head turned by champ interest.

And a greedy agent

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Simpson on 09:57 - Feb 13 with 3230 viewsChurchman

Simpson on 09:35 - Feb 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

That’s exactly the way it should be. Merit based.

Imagine if you are a player who is working his wotsits off to get in the team/match day squad and you are told ‘sorry you are not in the squad. We’ve got this lad who is unhappy and thinks he should be playing and won’t sign a contract, so we are trying to persuade him to stay’. ‘Off to the stiffs you go’. I’m not sure that’d go down too well with me.

Surely, merit based is the only way to go if you are to avoid a disaffected squad that we know so well.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 9:58]
Simpson on 10:01 - Feb 13 with 3207 viewsitfcjoe

I love how everyone seems to know exactly what is going on, and what sort of person Simpson is and are happy to throw out unsubstantiated facts about him on the internet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Simpson on 10:29 - Feb 13 with 3090 viewsLeoMuff

Simpson on 10:01 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

I love how everyone seems to know exactly what is going on, and what sort of person Simpson is and are happy to throw out unsubstantiated facts about him on the internet

Isn’t that what happens on a football club forum ? Sounds like you woke up with a hangover…

The only Muff in Town.

Simpson on 10:53 - Feb 13 with 2942 viewsstopmoaning

Has he scored for the U23s since he returned? Don’t think so?
Simpson on 11:02 - Feb 13 with 2904 viewsGuthrum

Simpson on 09:16 - Feb 13 by LegendofthePhoenix

I don't disagree, and also completely agree that we only want players who want to be here. I'm presuming that he is persuadable. He's a young lad and if he can have an arm round his shoulder - maybe KD could help here - that if he were to experience the positivity in the squad and feel the palpable atmosphere of a match day in front of 20,000+ fans, coupled with getting a chance, maybe he could come round and realise this is a great place to be and sign a proper contract. Maybe we could benefit in the short term as we are not exactly prolific atm - then it could be a win-win. But it is essential that he is persuadable. As far as I can see, he's been treated well here, and sending him on loan to Swindon was in his best interests. If he can't understand that and is behaving like a spoiled brat, then keep him playing in the U23s for the next 15 months.

I don't know any of the ins and outs of why he may not want to sign the contract. It could be really crummy. He might have had genuine offers from elsewhere.

I'd also be more than happy to see him involved in games. Especially if he brings his Swindon form to Ipswich.

But even from the little we actually know, there seems to be an issue which needs sorting out.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Simpson on 11:07 - Feb 13 with 2876 viewsitfcjoe

Simpson on 10:29 - Feb 13 by LeoMuff

Isn’t that what happens on a football club forum ? Sounds like you woke up with a hangover…

No hangover for me, just think it is quite poor taste all these people saying he is greedy etc with no idea because he has an expensive pair of trainers like every other young footballer in our U18s squad who earn pennies but seem to spend thousands on clothes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024