Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought 00:12 - Feb 23 with 2579 viewsGarv

Say what you like about Celina but he's put that on a plate having ran from inside his own half. Score that and we probably win the game.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 07:48 - Feb 23 with 2294 viewstextbackup

Did you see the warm up at all?

Burns put 2 shots in the NS top tier, and one into the lower… the safety net is about 6/7meters tall and he cleared it three times. After seeing that just knew it was going to be one of those nights

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 09:14 - Feb 23 with 2154 viewsThe_Realist_09

Was also a really bad miss then Morsy slid him in and he first timed it over the bar.
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 09:22 - Feb 23 with 2115 viewsGlasgowBlue

Probably his worst game for us this season. Both in an attacking sense and tracking back.

He's been so good that we can forgive him one bad game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 10:54 - Feb 23 with 2019 viewsSheffordBlue

Just watched it back on the highlights and I see what you mean. If that had gone in it would have been a totally different game

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:00 - Feb 23 with 1967 viewsGarv

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 07:48 - Feb 23 by textbackup

Did you see the warm up at all?

Burns put 2 shots in the NS top tier, and one into the lower… the safety net is about 6/7meters tall and he cleared it three times. After seeing that just knew it was going to be one of those nights

Ha. I'm glad someone else saw it, I was in the North Stand bar looking out the window.

Didn't set a good tone for his finishing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:05 - Feb 23 with 1954 viewsberkstractorboy

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:00 - Feb 23 by Garv

Ha. I'm glad someone else saw it, I was in the North Stand bar looking out the window.

Didn't set a good tone for his finishing.

I saw it, before the 1st shot I turned to my son (Arsenal fan) and said how good Burns is and he did that twice at least so I stopped watching hoping he would find his radar ..... he didn't. Bad bad miss. You are right score that and its a different game and they have to try and play.
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:10 - Feb 23 with 1930 viewsTractorCam

I guess there is a reason he's a League One player, and every game he has, without fail, at least one heavy shot/cross which always goes way higher than it clearly should.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:14 - Feb 23 with 1912 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 09:22 - Feb 23 by GlasgowBlue

Probably his worst game for us this season. Both in an attacking sense and tracking back.

Thought he did well defensively, personally.

He was, however, guilty (alongside others) of not taking good chances.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:49 - Feb 23 with 1854 viewsjayessess

Celina this season, like Dozzell last, seems to have a special knack of creating gilt-edged chances that people miss. His actual assists must be under-performing his "xA" by a mile.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:53 - Feb 23 with 1833 viewsitfcjoe

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:49 - Feb 23 by jayessess

Celina this season, like Dozzell last, seems to have a special knack of creating gilt-edged chances that people miss. His actual assists must be under-performing his "xA" by a mile.

It's something like 6 or 7 clear chances created in last 4 games and people think he is playing badly and not contributing.

Even his FK yesterday which Edmundson(?) couldn't quite get on the end of was superb

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 1810 viewsclive_baker

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:53 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

It's something like 6 or 7 clear chances created in last 4 games and people think he is playing badly and not contributing.

Even his FK yesterday which Edmundson(?) couldn't quite get on the end of was superb

He was the best player on the pitch in the first half. He picked the ball up in our half, drove to the penalty box and put it on a plate for Burns. His freekick was inch perfect for Edmundson, 4 yards out. Any touch and that's a goal.

Every time he picked up the ball they didn't look like they knew what to do with him, and against a team that's happy to sit in and defend you need players that can beat a man and commit a couple out of position to cerate space.

He was the better of the 5 'forward' players that featured yesterday for me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 12:16 - Feb 23 with 1771 viewsitfcjoe

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 12:00 - Feb 23 by clive_baker

He was the best player on the pitch in the first half. He picked the ball up in our half, drove to the penalty box and put it on a plate for Burns. His freekick was inch perfect for Edmundson, 4 yards out. Any touch and that's a goal.

Every time he picked up the ball they didn't look like they knew what to do with him, and against a team that's happy to sit in and defend you need players that can beat a man and commit a couple out of position to cerate space.

He was the better of the 5 'forward' players that featured yesterday for me.

There is a hell of a lot of talent we have in the number 10 positions, but none are as good or effective as Celina.

I wonder where things end up over the next few weeks, there will be a balance between rotation and playing the hot hand - we only have one more midweek game this season plus the Easter weekend so is basically just Saturday games from here on in which should allow the strongest team rather than just freshest team to play - who is that currently?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 12:26 - Feb 23 with 1736 viewsGeoffSentence

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 09:22 - Feb 23 by GlasgowBlue

I thought he looked a bit tired. When KVY came on I thought it was goin to be for Burns.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 19:58 - Feb 23 with 1528 viewsPilgrimblue

It was the worst last night and set the tone. Too often they go for glory shots which are high risk but just wish they’d play with their heads like Marcus Stewart who took his time.
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 1470 viewsTheBoyBlue

This is only perception and I don't know if the stats back it up, but generally we seem to need so many chances to score. I can't understand how we could be as precise as we were in that first 30 minutes in particular and then completely lose it when we shoot.

We seem to have so many staff, so much technology aimed at cover every aspect of fitness, play, stats, etc and yet is there anyone teaching the players the basic technique of keeping the ball down or not dragging the ball horribly wide when shooting? Some of the shooting last night was frankly embarrassing for players paid a small fortune specifically for being able to kick a football accurately.

Hopefully it gets sorted out, because generally everything else has massively improved. Defensively we're immense and I spent most of the first half saying how long I've been waiting for an Ipswich team to play like that (I know it was only Cheltenham, but still). We created chances, the passing and movement was brilliant, but it was all let down by the finishing, or lack of it. If we'd put a couple of those early chances away then likely we'd have battered them and everyone would quite rightly be raving about the performance in the same way as the Gillingham game.

Let's be clear though, things are immensely improved under McKenna.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 23:32 - Feb 23 with 1360 viewsjayessess

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 20:29 - Feb 23 by TheBoyBlue

This is only perception and I don't know if the stats back it up, but generally we seem to need so many chances to score. I can't understand how we could be as precise as we were in that first 30 minutes in particular and then completely lose it when we shoot.

We seem to have so many staff, so much technology aimed at cover every aspect of fitness, play, stats, etc and yet is there anyone teaching the players the basic technique of keeping the ball down or not dragging the ball horribly wide when shooting? Some of the shooting last night was frankly embarrassing for players paid a small fortune specifically for being able to kick a football accurately.

Hopefully it gets sorted out, because generally everything else has massively improved. Defensively we're immense and I spent most of the first half saying how long I've been waiting for an Ipswich team to play like that (I know it was only Cheltenham, but still). We created chances, the passing and movement was brilliant, but it was all let down by the finishing, or lack of it. If we'd put a couple of those early chances away then likely we'd have battered them and everyone would quite rightly be raving about the performance in the same way as the Gillingham game.

Let's be clear though, things are immensely improved under McKenna.

We're the 2nd most efficient finishers in the league.

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 02:19 - Feb 24 with 1299 viewsBigCommon

I think he could do with a rest, tbh.... I heard somewhere that Edwards was being considered at RWB, before his injury. And I guess KVY could play there, too... Burns has been so good for us, that it's hard to leave him out.... But, if we are not careful, he could burn out a bit, or worse still, pick up an injury... He covers a lot of ground... But, imo, he's looked a bit jaded, last couple of games....Could be down to heavier pitches lately with all the wet stuff we've had...
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 10:29 - Feb 24 with 1183 viewsThe_Realist_09

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 11:53 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

That was a huge chance for fridge.

I didn't notice live, but it actually looked on the highlights that the defender got away with pulling him back just enough.

Also looked like he may have been offside though.
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 13:09 - Feb 24 with 1080 viewsTheBoyBlue

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 23:32 - Feb 23 by jayessess

We're the 2nd most efficient finishers in the league.

Fair enough, I did wonder if it was a perception. Although it maybe underlines how rubbish this division is. Tuesday wasn't the first match that we have wasted far too many chances and although on occasions we've made up for it with flashes of brilliance or luck, it has cost us quite a few points and I would like to think that something is being done to improve it, because if we can be better in front of goal we'd be unstoppable next season.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 14:07 - Feb 24 with 1036 viewsjayessess

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 13:09 - Feb 24 by TheBoyBlue

Fair enough, I did wonder if it was a perception. Although it maybe underlines how rubbish this division is. Tuesday wasn't the first match that we have wasted far too many chances and although on occasions we've made up for it with flashes of brilliance or luck, it has cost us quite a few points and I would like to think that something is being done to improve it, because if we can be better in front of goal we'd be unstoppable next season.

It's also partially that we overestimate how "good" most opportunities are. We think Burns missed an absolute sitter, but only about 1 in 3 shots from that position actually go in.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 14:47]

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 15:18 - Feb 24 with 976 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 14:07 - Feb 24 by jayessess

It's also partially that we overestimate how "good" most opportunities are. We think Burns missed an absolute sitter, but only about 1 in 3 shots from that position actually go in.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 14:47]

Thankfully, as their player had a very similar chance right near the end.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 15:50 - Feb 24 with 945 viewsjayessess

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 15:18 - Feb 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

fingers crossed the third of the three drops to us on Saturday!

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 19:02 - Feb 25 with 796 viewsDavoIPB

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 15:18 - Feb 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Nothing like it. Burns had whole goal to aim at from 4 yards out. Was much harder to miss than score. Chaplin should have buried the header as well. Their striker had nothing to aim at. Was blocked by wolf and Walton
That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 766 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That Burns miss was even worse than I thought on 12:16 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

There is a hell of a lot of talent we have in the number 10 positions, but none are as good or effective as Celina.

I wonder where things end up over the next few weeks, there will be a balance between rotation and playing the hot hand - we only have one more midweek game this season plus the Easter weekend so is basically just Saturday games from here on in which should allow the strongest team rather than just freshest team to play - who is that currently?

Walton
Burns
Dona
Woolf
Edmun
Thompson.. Although I'm still not too keen. Good defender but looks scared to stride forward
Evans
Morsy
Aluko- I think we are a much better team with him in it.
Celina
Bonne

Harsh on players like Chaplin but that is what I would go for.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024