Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 10:07 - Mar 22 with 14998 viewsblueasfook

Sorry but I am in the "bloody ungrateful" camp on this one.

Can we ask for a refund from Iran and send her back?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

He’s had the usual suspects… on 10:51 - Mar 24 with 1156 viewsclive_baker

He’s had the usual suspects… on 10:47 - Mar 23 by Bloots

….totally on strings hasn’t he?

The mouth frothers have been out in force in this thread.

(this is usually the point at which someone types “the point of trolling is to, etc,etc”)

'On strings' is so cringe. Next you'll be telling us he's 'living rent free'.

The only tvvats on this thread are the OP and the ones defending him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

He’s had the usual suspects… on 11:25 - Mar 24 with 1099 viewsJ2BLUE

He’s had the usual suspects… on 10:51 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

'On strings' is so cringe. Next you'll be telling us he's 'living rent free'.

The only tvvats on this thread are the OP and the ones defending him.

Who's defending him?

Can we not think he's trolling and that it's a completely pointless and moronic thing to do at the same time?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

He’s had the usual suspects… on 11:38 - Mar 24 with 1070 viewsRyorry

He’s had the usual suspects… on 11:25 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Who's defending him?

Can we not think he's trolling and that it's a completely pointless and moronic thing to do at the same time?

Bloots, who you upvoted, clearly did.
*Late edit - and 3 people actually upvoted the OP
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 9:59]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

He’s had the usual suspects… on 12:28 - Mar 24 with 1029 viewsJ2BLUE

He’s had the usual suspects… on 11:38 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Upvoted his last time that someone would be along to say the point of trolling is to make other people look stupid.

As I have said over many years, I have never understood the appeal or the point of trolling.

Truly impaired.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:59 - Mar 24 with 988 viewsEnigma_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:11 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

There's trolling (which can sometimes be funny); and then there's grossly bad taste, insensitive, uneducated, attempts at it.

Have my doubts it was trolling anyway, given how the OP went on to argue the toss with many people over several pages.

'and then there's grossly bad taste, insensitive, uneducated, attempts at it.'

Why didn't you or someone else but the abuse button then? That's what it's there for then he might not have got the chance to argue the toss with people over several pages.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:05 - Mar 24 with 965 viewsnoggin

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:59 - Mar 24 by Enigma_Blue

'and then there's grossly bad taste, insensitive, uneducated, attempts at it.'

Why didn't you or someone else but the abuse button then? That's what it's there for then he might not have got the chance to argue the toss with people over several pages.

You don't have to read those pages.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:14 - Mar 24 with 939 viewsclive_baker

He’s had the usual suspects… on 11:25 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Who's defending him?

I would say that dismissing insensitive and dickish comments as 'trolling' (on his behalf by the way, I've not once seen him say it wasn't sincere, so I'm not sure how you're so steadfast in your opinion on that or how that's meant to be in any way obvious to someone reading it) is in itself, defending his intent, absolving someone of responsibility for thier actions.

People can't say and do as they please and then claim it all in the name of 'trolling', life doesn't work like that, its dangerous, and should be called out.

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:17 - Mar 24 with 929 viewsJ2BLUE

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:14 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

I would say that dismissing insensitive and dickish comments as 'trolling' (on his behalf by the way, I've not once seen him say it wasn't sincere, so I'm not sure how you're so steadfast in your opinion on that or how that's meant to be in any way obvious to someone reading it) is in itself, defending his intent, absolving someone of responsibility for thier actions.

People can't say and do as they please and then claim it all in the name of 'trolling', life doesn't work like that, its dangerous, and should be called out.

Blueas has posted here for a long time. I think he's trolling. I still think it's a stupid and tragically sad waste of his own time.

I'm not claiming that him trolling is any better than if he was serious. Just that IMO if this thread was left to disappear without a comment it would have been better.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:21 - Mar 24 with 907 viewsclive_baker

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:17 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Blueas has posted here for a long time. I think he's trolling. I still think it's a stupid and tragically sad waste of his own time.

I'm not claiming that him trolling is any better than if he was serious. Just that IMO if this thread was left to disappear without a comment it would have been better.

I don't agree that inappropriate views should be left unchallenged. 60 odd down votes suggests it's not a post that's appreciated by the majority.

But the point has probably been made, no point going over old ground.

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:23 - Mar 24 with 903 viewsJ2BLUE

He’s had the usual suspects… on 13:21 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

I don't agree that inappropriate views should be left unchallenged. 60 odd down votes suggests it's not a post that's appreciated by the majority.

But the point has probably been made, no point going over old ground.

I don't know why I keep replying. I'm wrong, I concede, I fold.

Truly impaired.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:30 - Mar 24 with 873 viewsEnigma_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:05 - Mar 24 by noggin

You don't have to read those pages.

No but Ryorry obviously did. If she or anyone else had hit the abuse button as the t were that disgusted with the OP then there is a good chance there wouldn't have been any pages to read.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 13:30]
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:51 - Mar 24 with 817 viewsSeablu

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:30 - Mar 24 by Enigma_Blue

No but Ryorry obviously did. If she or anyone else had hit the abuse button as the t were that disgusted with the OP then there is a good chance there wouldn't have been any pages to read.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 13:30]

Sometimes it’s better for crass ignorance to be allowed to fester in full view, for all to see.
Just getting the thread pulled would let the perpetrator off the hook.
He soon crawled back and got very edgy when it was suggested he wouldn’t have posted it if Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe was white.
It’s also a telling indicator about those who uppied it, as well as those who clearly read it and didn’t disagree.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 14:08]
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:03 - Mar 24 with 783 viewsEnigma_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:51 - Mar 24 by Seablu

Sometimes it’s better for crass ignorance to be allowed to fester in full view, for all to see.
Just getting the thread pulled would let the perpetrator off the hook.
He soon crawled back and got very edgy when it was suggested he wouldn’t have posted it if Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe was white.
It’s also a telling indicator about those who uppied it, as well as those who clearly read it and didn’t disagree.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 14:08]

Good point but on the other hand if the OP is troll like quite a few are suggesting then they have just given him what he wanted, attention.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:19 - Mar 24 with 761 viewsRyorry

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:03 - Mar 24 by Enigma_Blue

Good point but on the other hand if the OP is troll like quite a few are suggesting then they have just given him what he wanted, attention.

I'd say, if you re-read the thread, the majority view is that he wasn't trolling.

I've actually no idea why I didn't hit the 'abuse' button! Maybe because it simply wasn't overtly directed at anyone on here. I think also sheer shock that anyone on here could or would so outrageously attack/mock/disrespect/joke/troll (take your pick) about anyone who only hours earlier had come out the other side of such a horrendous ordeal, took over.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:34 - Mar 24 with 736 viewsJ2BLUE

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:19 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

I'd say, if you re-read the thread, the majority view is that he wasn't trolling.

I've actually no idea why I didn't hit the 'abuse' button! Maybe because it simply wasn't overtly directed at anyone on here. I think also sheer shock that anyone on here could or would so outrageously attack/mock/disrespect/joke/troll (take your pick) about anyone who only hours earlier had come out the other side of such a horrendous ordeal, took over.

I don't think it would have been removed. No grounds to remove it. Not being stupid isn't in the site rules.

Truly impaired.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:51 - Mar 24 with 710 viewsSeablu

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:03 - Mar 24 by Enigma_Blue

I don’t think he is a troll.
He’s just been emboldened by a few misty-eyed fanboys who perpetuated the legend of this mythical former poster and renegade, who ran amok and upset all the right people.
As with most legends, the reality is a pitifully depressing damp squib.
I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:33 - Mar 24 with 606 viewsBloots

He’s had the usual suspects… on 11:38 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

....let alone "clearly".

I was merely pointing out that he's plainly trolling, and the usual suspects are stupid enough to fall for it and get themselves all frothy over it.

We've been through all this before with other posters that were obviously just on a wind up and yet still managed to get a reaction from people who consider themselves to be incredibly intelligent, but quite obviously aren't.

Luckily I'm cleverer than the vast majority of people on here and can see through it all.

Be more like me.

I'm great.

And fantastic,

AKA - "Elite Pete"

I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:35 - Mar 24 with 603 viewsJ2BLUE

I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:33 - Mar 24 by Bloots

....let alone "clearly".

I was merely pointing out that he's plainly trolling, and the usual suspects are stupid enough to fall for it and get themselves all frothy over it.

We've been through all this before with other posters that were obviously just on a wind up and yet still managed to get a reaction from people who consider themselves to be incredibly intelligent, but quite obviously aren't.

Luckily I'm cleverer than the vast majority of people on here and can see through it all.

Be more like me.

I'm great.

And fantastic,

And accurate.

Truly impaired.

I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:35 - Mar 24 with 599 viewsSeablu

....let alone "clearly".

Be more like me.

I'm great.

And fantastic,

And once you’ve learned not to type half your reply in the title box, you’ll be unstoppable, baby.
Agreed, and modest. (n/t) on 17:36 - Mar 24 with 596 viewsBloots

I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:35 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

And accurate.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

I already am unstoppable..... on 17:38 - Mar 24 with 586 viewsBloots

I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:35 - Mar 24 by Seablu

And once you’ve learned not to type half your reply in the title box, you’ll be unstoppable, baby.

...an unstoppable board legend.

Learn.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

I haven't defended him in the slightest..... on 17:41 - Mar 24 with 570 viewsRyorry

....let alone "clearly".

Be more like me.

I'm great.

And fantastic,

You all but congratulated him.

But you'll say you're trolling now.

Either way, happy to not be like you on this thread

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:35 - Mar 25 with 445 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 16:44 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I have never harassed anyone in my life and am not aware of the sex or age of any of these posters. You and your family/friends/acquaintances might well like the 'C' word or its derivatives, mine do not as the site administrators are well aware.
Oh and I will hound (your word not mine) anyone who continues to use such language.

You're not harassing me, because you're div listed. Otherwise all those snidely little veiled threats about 'what would your employers think' might look suspiciously like it.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 12:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:50 - Mar 25 with 415 viewsMalcolmBlue

What a weird thread

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:51 - Mar 25 with 409 viewsMalcolmBlue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 15:44 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I am well aware that the site administrators continually let you get away with name calling. I have often complained about the use of the 'C' word on this forum. By inference you have done it again.
I will repeat what I said to you before (without adequate response); are your hospital colleagues aware of your language and the fact that you refer to politicians called Hunt with the H replaced; or if these colleagues vote differently to you they are probably racist, homophobic, thick etc. I very much doubt it. Or indeed do you let them know how much time you spend on social media. Perhaps they would not be surprised - who knows. You certainly prove the suggestion that anonymity brings out the cowardice in a lot of folk.

What a weird little man

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024