Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 10:07 - Mar 22 with 14920 viewsblueasfook

Sorry but I am in the "bloody ungrateful" camp on this one.

Can we ask for a refund from Iran and send her back?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:18 - Mar 22 with 1616 viewshype313

Well, that's a take.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:18 - Mar 22 with 1616 viewsitfc_bucks

Not sure if serious...
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:25 - Mar 22 with 1593 viewsEdwardStone

There is a downside to your new persona as "King Edgelord"

Div List for you
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:29 - Mar 22 with 1587 viewsMeadowlark

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:24 - Mar 22 by usm

Its all Maggie's fault, you know.

You're not wrong!
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:39 - Mar 22 with 1567 viewsFixed_It

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:17 - Mar 22 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you should try 6 years in an Irainian jail - it might give you a sense of perspective

Good Lord - you've said something sensible!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:39 - Mar 22 with 1563 viewsRyorry

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:18 - Mar 22 by itfc_bucks

Not sure if serious...

The worst thing is that there are some racists on other platforms who very much are, and who are pushing the same message from that (EDL) point of view.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:41 - Mar 22 with 1559 viewsKeno

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:39 - Mar 22 by Fixed_It

Good Lord - you've said something sensible!

if nothing else it would widen his horizons

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:45 - Mar 22 with 1549 viewsEwan_Oozami

You'll never get -254 with that, but it's a good attempt...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:46 - Mar 22 with 1550 viewsBiGDonnie

Still got it...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:47 - Mar 22 with 1550 viewsfooters

Can't believe this is the 'board legend' some of the regulars have had a hard-on over for years.

What a let-down, just another middle-aged attention-seeker. Disappointing.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 1536 viewsLeoMuff

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:18 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

So it's our government's fault she was kidnapped in Iran? Ok then. Maybe we should kidnap some Russians in the UK and throw them in prison until Russia does what we want.

I think I might be pretty pissed too, used as a pawn for a debt we legally owed, and could have paid 6 years ago. Boris managed to get her extra jail time due to his utter incompetence and still we didn’t pay.

When we finally paid it was only because we need oil and we spent 400million and didn’t actually manage to release all of the prisoners…

I’m sure you are trolling, but if not you must be the biggest twerp on here.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:51 - Mar 22 with 1534 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:07 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

You stupid, insensitive, unpleasant, vindictive fool.

Why? Because I dont buy into the "blame the govt" narrative.

For reasons I have explained below, it has not been a simple case of just handing over 400m to the Iranians and getting her released.

This is a country trying to acquire nuclear arms remember. So I'm sure even the most ardent Boris hater can understand why there would be hesitation in that decision.

Plus, it has ALWAYS been British govt policy not to pay ransoms for hostage taking - which is effectively what the Iranians did with Nazanin.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:53 - Mar 22 with 1521 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:50 - Mar 22 by LeoMuff

I think I might be pretty pissed too, used as a pawn for a debt we legally owed, and could have paid 6 years ago. Boris managed to get her extra jail time due to his utter incompetence and still we didn’t pay.

When we finally paid it was only because we need oil and we spent 400million and didn’t actually manage to release all of the prisoners…

I’m sure you are trolling, but if not you must be the biggest twerp on here.

Well, according to the govt that was not possible because of EU sanctions on Iran.

If that doesn't prove to the the case, then yes I will happily criticise the length of time it took.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:57 - Mar 22 with 1522 viewsMattinLondon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:47 - Mar 22 by footers

Can't believe this is the 'board legend' some of the regulars have had a hard-on over for years.

What a let-down, just another middle-aged attention-seeker. Disappointing.

From what I can gather theres only a couple or so posters who held him in high esteem.

A couple or so other legends made a comeback who were also very disappointing. One was Belstead and I can’t remember the couple others who made a comeback.

Maybe they were good in the day but came back with different band members and are now poor.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:00 - Mar 22 with 1501 viewsLeoMuff

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:53 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

Well, according to the govt that was not possible because of EU sanctions on Iran.

If that doesn't prove to the the case, then yes I will happily criticise the length of time it took.

Well I guess they might say that since it turned out they could have released her six years ago, but plenty of comment on five live that there were many ways around the EU to pay this, probably tying to dress it up as a brexit advantage the muppets.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 12:01]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:02 - Mar 22 with 1491 viewsJohnWarksTash

Then you are an idiot.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:07 - Mar 22 with 1477 viewsclive_baker

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:57 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

From what I can gather theres only a couple or so posters who held him in high esteem.

A couple or so other legends made a comeback who were also very disappointing. One was Belstead and I can’t remember the couple others who made a comeback.

Maybe they were good in the day but came back with different band members and are now poor.

Can't say I'm familiar with the poster or their posting history, but if we're to play the post rather than the poster, on this evidence he or she is a massive, massive bell end.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:19 - Mar 22 with 1451 viewsXYZ

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:53 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

So when did these sanctions get lifted?

Or are you asking us to believe that the UK weakened sanctions against Iran after leaving the EU?

Or maybe you've swallowed a fiction from the UK govt. (they lie, you know!)

In 2013 Iran sent a team to London to negotiate the return of the £400m debt. Theresa May got her Border Force to lock them up.

You appear to have reached your conclusions without spending much time verifying the facts.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:36 - Mar 22 with 1413 viewsNeedhamChris

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:51 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

Why? Because I dont buy into the "blame the govt" narrative.

For reasons I have explained below, it has not been a simple case of just handing over 400m to the Iranians and getting her released.

This is a country trying to acquire nuclear arms remember. So I'm sure even the most ardent Boris hater can understand why there would be hesitation in that decision.

Plus, it has ALWAYS been British govt policy not to pay ransoms for hostage taking - which is effectively what the Iranians did with Nazanin.

You're entitled to not buying the 'blame the govt' narrative - although I disagree with you in that. So does one of the many foreign secretaries who was responsible for trying to resolve this - but what would they know.

It's the 'bloody ungrateful' comment that is stupid, insensitive and has some unpleasant racial connotations (whether intended or not). The use of ungrateful is almost exclusively thrown at non-white people in this country, she's just had her life turned upside down for years so she has every right to be angry and blame the government.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:40 - Mar 22 with 1392 viewsNeedhamChris

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:45 - Mar 22 with 1378 viewsXYZ

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:36 - Mar 22 by NeedhamChris

You're entitled to not buying the 'blame the govt' narrative - although I disagree with you in that. So does one of the many foreign secretaries who was responsible for trying to resolve this - but what would they know.

It's the 'bloody ungrateful' comment that is stupid, insensitive and has some unpleasant racial connotations (whether intended or not). The use of ungrateful is almost exclusively thrown at non-white people in this country, she's just had her life turned upside down for years so she has every right to be angry and blame the government.

There's a pattern, isn't there.

Something about eloquent, intelligent women of colour seems to get under the skin of certain white englishmen.

Yes, the "grateful" comment is based on racism - "they" should be grateful that "we" let "them" live here. Whatever "we" do to "them" they should be grateful for it.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:47 - Mar 22 with 1370 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:10 - Mar 22 by solomon

Ok, I’ll bite

Why?

Nazanin bashing seems to be attracting the wrong ('right') sort of people on Twitbook, and is being promoted by some of our usual shock jocks, so probably reflects where people get their opinions from.

"So there you have it, proof that hating on a newly released hostage of the Iranian regime - who also happens to be a female person of colour, who has missed 6 years of their life and daughter growing up & endured hellish jail conditions - is more a right-wing Twitter past time". (Although note his point about not having looked at how many of these accounts are fake, on either side).

Why people can't simultaneously acknowledge that Iran were the the aggressors and yet there are likely to have been some shortcomings on how our government also handled this, is beyond me. Seems you have to support your side come what may these days. Jeremy Hunt got it right (a rare moment) when he said there needs to be an inquiry into our side of events to learn what we could have done better.

Oops, just seen this has been posted already.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 12:47]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:05 - Mar 22 with 1333 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:36 - Mar 22 by NeedhamChris

Bore off with your race card pal. Pathetic and lazy stereotyping

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:07 - Mar 22 with 1333 viewsMattinLondon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:05 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

Says the man who normally is pathetic, lazy and all for stereotyping.

Self-awareness isn’t your bag is it.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:11 - Mar 22 with 1324 viewsN2_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:05 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

He's not wrong though you odius turd.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024