Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 10:07 - Mar 22 with 14918 viewsblueasfook

Sorry but I am in the "bloody ungrateful" camp on this one.

Can we ask for a refund from Iran and send her back?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:13 - Mar 22 with 1602 viewsMaySixth

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:13 - Mar 22 by cooperd5

Seriously? She gets left to rot in an Iranian jail for 6 years and only released cos we want oil and you expect gratitude?

Apologies for being cynical but she looks very well for someone who has been left to rot in solitary confinement for six years

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:25 - Mar 22 with 1571 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

This thread sums up all that is wrong with this forum. Full of cowards and folk who use abusive language to those who might disagree with them.
Phil wrote a few weeks ago the following.

'posters should post as if they were interacting with other users face to face'

I so wish this was acted upon more regularly.
I am not a regular social media user but because of illness am taking part more than is good for me!!
All I ask of my fellow human beings is to show, respect, humility and understanding of one another and to disregard those that post to deliberately provoke anger.
Anger hurts the vessel it is poured from more than the vessel it is poured into.

This site contains too many posters full of their own self importance and this particular thread is a very good example of that.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:30 - Mar 22 with 1551 viewsMattinLondon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:13 - Mar 22 by MaySixth

Apologies for being cynical but she looks very well for someone who has been left to rot in solitary confinement for six years

Any prisoner who comes out not skin-and-bones was really having a jolly. Def info.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:41 - Mar 22 with 1519 viewsNeedhamChris

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:05 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

Bore off with your race card pal. Pathetic and lazy stereotyping

The use of ungrateful-ness as a stick with which non-white people are hit with isn't a 'race card' - it's a fairly well researched phenomenon with plenty of academic journal papers discussing it.

What line would have to be crossed before she had a right to criticise in your view?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:42 - Mar 22 with 1512 viewsNeedhamChris

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:45 - Mar 22 by XYZ

There's a pattern, isn't there.

Something about eloquent, intelligent women of colour seems to get under the skin of certain white englishmen.

Yes, the "grateful" comment is based on racism - "they" should be grateful that "we" let "them" live here. Whatever "we" do to "them" they should be grateful for it.

Not to mention that she had the audacity to publicly disagree with her husband, which I'm sure riled a few as well

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:42 - Mar 22 with 1505 viewsRyorry

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:25 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

This thread sums up all that is wrong with this forum. Full of cowards and folk who use abusive language to those who might disagree with them.

I am not a regular social media user but because of illness am taking part more than is good for me!!
All I ask of my fellow human beings is to show, respect, humility and understanding of one another and to disregard those that post to deliberately provoke anger.
Anger hurts the vessel it is poured from more than the vessel it is poured into.

This site contains too many posters full of their own self importance and this particular thread is a very good example of that.

The only overt abuse I've seen on it is from the OP, who either crassly thinks it's some sort of jolly good joke to have a pop at someone who's spent the last 6 years holed up in a foreign jail, sometimes in solitary & her health throughout being compromised; or alternatively who has zero empathy or compassion for someone having been in that situation.

I think the rest of us are justified in the anger & contempt we've expressed at that, nobody's gone ott in the kind of way that Phil was referring to (if Phil wants to correct me on that, no problem).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:45 - Mar 22 with 1490 viewsfooters

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:42 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

The only overt abuse I've seen on it is from the OP, who either crassly thinks it's some sort of jolly good joke to have a pop at someone who's spent the last 6 years holed up in a foreign jail, sometimes in solitary & her health throughout being compromised; or alternatively who has zero empathy or compassion for someone having been in that situation.

I think the rest of us are justified in the anger & contempt we've expressed at that, nobody's gone ott in the kind of way that Phil was referring to (if Phil wants to correct me on that, no problem).

To be fair, he's also made light of sex trafficking people fleeing a warzone and humanitarian crisis too. And many of his fanboys had a good giggle at that as well. So this is maybe a step up in terms of content.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:47 - Mar 22 with 1482 viewsclive_baker

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:25 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

'posters should post as if they were interacting with other users face to face'. Who isn't doing that? I would happily call someone a bell end to their face if they expressed such views.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:57 - Mar 22 with 1452 viewsghostofescobar

You may, or may not, have some kind of point around whether the current Government is to blame (they are partly to blame, as is every other Government since 1979) and whether she has a right to complain (she does), but the way you make your point is crass, childish, thoughtless, pointless, insensitive, low, stupid.....you just end up making yourself look a bit of a knob. Just put your point across in a more civil, intelligent manner and perhaps then we get a proper discussion. Be a bit more nice, and a bit less of a dick. Who knows, it might work.

GhostOfEscobar

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:00 - Mar 22 with 1438 viewsBiGDonnie

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:42 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

It's Blueas, people know he's trolling but still get wound up by him...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:07 - Mar 22 with 1423 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:47 - Mar 22 by footers

Can't believe this is the 'board legend' some of the regulars have had a hard-on over for years.

What a let-down, just another middle-aged attention-seeker. Disappointing.

Honestly, he was good once. Now he's turned into a piss poor Chico tribute act. Which is bitterly ironic, given that Chico himself is a piss poor Blues tribute act.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:07 - Mar 22 with 1422 viewsWD19

Its a cover. You have seen her wet blanket of a husband - I'll bet she chose to stay in Iran for a few extra years just to avoid him.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:11 - Mar 22 with 1410 viewsMattinLondon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:07 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Honestly, he was good once. Now he's turned into a piss poor Chico tribute act. Which is bitterly ironic, given that Chico himself is a piss poor Blues tribute act.

It’s like a young professional getting a new contract and then losing it soon after. Basically he’s Josh Carson
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:12 - Mar 22 with 1416 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:57 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

From what I can gather theres only a couple or so posters who held him in high esteem.

A couple or so other legends made a comeback who were also very disappointing. One was Belstead and I can’t remember the couple others who made a comeback.

Maybe they were good in the day but came back with different band members and are now poor.

They all think they're the TWTD equivalents of Johnny Marr when they're actually Morrissey is the problem.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:13 - Mar 22 with 1411 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:11 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

It’s like a young professional getting a new contract and then losing it soon after. Basically he’s Josh Carson

Or, as I said below, Morrissey. Great in their day, now fat old kippers desperately trying to stay relevant.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:14 - Mar 22 with 1413 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:20 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

I remember when you used to be reasonably good at this trolling lark, now just a Toilet Blue tribute act.

Or...

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe by BlueBadger 22 Mar 2022 14:07

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:30 - Mar 22 with 1376 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:11 - Mar 22 by N2_Blue

He's not wrong though you odius turd.

He is though, you pathetic dweeb

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:36 - Mar 22 with 1379 viewsbaxterbasics

This sets the right tone for me.

Edit - this is the start of a thread, I don't just mean the initial tweet.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 14:37]

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:37 - Mar 22 with 1362 viewsN2_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:47 - Mar 22 by clive_baker

'posters should post as if they were interacting with other users face to face'. Who isn't doing that? I would happily call someone a bell end to their face if they expressed such views.

exactly, and for the record i would called the OP an odious turd to their face if I had heard them state their view of Nazanin.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:40 - Mar 22 with 1351 viewsGeoffSentence

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:36 - Mar 22 by baxterbasics

This sets the right tone for me.

Edit - this is the start of a thread, I don't just mean the initial tweet.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 14:37]

World gorn mad.

When Jeremy Hunt starts coming across as a sensible, thoughtful politician, the whole world is turning on its head.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:48 - Mar 22 with 1327 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:41 - Mar 22 by NeedhamChris

The use of ungrateful-ness as a stick with which non-white people are hit with isn't a 'race card' - it's a fairly well researched phenomenon with plenty of academic journal papers discussing it.

What line would have to be crossed before she had a right to criticise in your view?

Like I said, if it is proven the govt was just playing silly b*ggers and the sanctions thing is just a red herring then yes I would entirely side with Nazanin.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:56 - Mar 22 with 1290 viewsjeera

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:48 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

Like I said, if it is proven the govt was just playing silly b*ggers and the sanctions thing is just a red herring then yes I would entirely side with Nazanin.

"side with"

Yes, you've clearly given this a lot of thought and taken the grown up approach to the matter.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:57 - Mar 22 with 1296 viewsNW10_Tractor

I know that Tulip Siddiq (her local MP) has been campaigning a lot throughout the constituency as I am one of many members of Hampstead and Kilburn Constituency and I may add that she has NEVER ventured this side of Kilburn High Road to see how bad the potholes are and why the streets lights never work - but I guess we aren't as important as the folk in West Hampstead...
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 14:59]

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:57 - Mar 22 with 1292 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 12:40 - Mar 22 by NeedhamChris

Additionally, a venn diagram of people wh post '#bekind' memes on their socials who are also indulging in this latest hate-orgy is basically a circle.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 15:01 - Mar 22 with 1272 viewsBlueBadger

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:42 - Mar 22 by NeedhamChris

Not to mention that she had the audacity to publicly disagree with her husband, which I'm sure riled a few as well

Ironically, a lot of the people who were riled by this will also purport to hate 'islam' because of the treatment of women in some countries and alleged attitudes that stem from an understanding of the Quran based on an article in the Sun.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 15:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024