Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 10:07 - Mar 22 with 14921 viewsblueasfook

Sorry but I am in the "bloody ungrateful" camp on this one.

Can we ask for a refund from Iran and send her back?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 17:50 - Mar 22 with 2337 viewsMattinLondon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 15:44 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I am well aware that the site administrators continually let you get away with name calling. I have often complained about the use of the 'C' word on this forum. By inference you have done it again.
I will repeat what I said to you before (without adequate response); are your hospital colleagues aware of your language and the fact that you refer to politicians called Hunt with the H replaced; or if these colleagues vote differently to you they are probably racist, homophobic, thick etc. I very much doubt it. Or indeed do you let them know how much time you spend on social media. Perhaps they would not be surprised - who knows. You certainly prove the suggestion that anonymity brings out the cowardice in a lot of folk.

With no disrespect to BlueBadger I don’t think his colleagues would really care with the amount of time he spends on social media. He really would be none of their business (obviously as long as it doesn’t interfere with his job).

I know that BlueBadger is perfectly capable of defending himself but apart from stating that he’s a nurse he is quite careful not to reveal too much about his actual workplace. Possibly out of respect for both his patients as well as colleagues as well as a desire for anonymity.

Timeflies - you come across as someone who likes to overreach themselves to the point that you appear to be full of self-importance. The fact that you ask BlueBadger whether his colleagues know about his social media usage suggests that you like to interfere and to have a rather high opinion of yourself.

With apologies to BlueBadger as I know you’re fully capable of defending yourself.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 17:55 - Mar 22 with 2299 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Are you a man who’s got a massive view about how a hostage should behave after a lengthy incarceration? Are you 90% throbbing forehead vein?"

Some reading for you...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/22/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 19:00 - Mar 22 with 2244 viewsmylittletown

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 17:55 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Are you a man who’s got a massive view about how a hostage should behave after a lengthy incarceration? Are you 90% throbbing forehead vein?"

Some reading for you...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/22/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-

Marina is brilliant.
If only she was allowed to call people C**ts, which is what they are.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 19:01 - Mar 22 with 2222 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 17:50 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

With no disrespect to BlueBadger I don’t think his colleagues would really care with the amount of time he spends on social media. He really would be none of their business (obviously as long as it doesn’t interfere with his job).

I know that BlueBadger is perfectly capable of defending himself but apart from stating that he’s a nurse he is quite careful not to reveal too much about his actual workplace. Possibly out of respect for both his patients as well as colleagues as well as a desire for anonymity.

Timeflies - you come across as someone who likes to overreach themselves to the point that you appear to be full of self-importance. The fact that you ask BlueBadger whether his colleagues know about his social media usage suggests that you like to interfere and to have a rather high opinion of yourself.

With apologies to BlueBadger as I know you’re fully capable of defending yourself.

My question was whether his colleagues appreciate his name calling of those with differing political views and use of the 'C' word. Wishing for anonymity is to be admired (although a certain Marcus Evans was not admired for it), but using derogatory language of others and then wishing for anonymity is foolhardy in the extreme.
Overreach...mmmm, not sure what you mean, and the last thing I am is important, apart to my children, grandchildren other family and friends of course (especially the 7 who I go to home and away matches with).
As I have said many times - the use of the 'C' word or anything related to it is abhorrent; you obviously think otherwise
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 19:12 - Mar 22 with 2180 viewsjaykay

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 15:44 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I am well aware that the site administrators continually let you get away with name calling. I have often complained about the use of the 'C' word on this forum. By inference you have done it again.
I will repeat what I said to you before (without adequate response); are your hospital colleagues aware of your language and the fact that you refer to politicians called Hunt with the H replaced; or if these colleagues vote differently to you they are probably racist, homophobic, thick etc. I very much doubt it. Or indeed do you let them know how much time you spend on social media. Perhaps they would not be surprised - who knows. You certainly prove the suggestion that anonymity brings out the cowardice in a lot of folk.

strange for someone who doesn't like swear words and complain about using the c word by other means , you don't mention the o.p. name which is a great example of using a swear word by other means. perhaps you have double standards with some posters

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:04 - Mar 22 with 2085 viewsMattinLondon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 19:01 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

My question was whether his colleagues appreciate his name calling of those with differing political views and use of the 'C' word. Wishing for anonymity is to be admired (although a certain Marcus Evans was not admired for it), but using derogatory language of others and then wishing for anonymity is foolhardy in the extreme.
Overreach...mmmm, not sure what you mean, and the last thing I am is important, apart to my children, grandchildren other family and friends of course (especially the 7 who I go to home and away matches with).
As I have said many times - the use of the 'C' word or anything related to it is abhorrent; you obviously think otherwise

With regard to your first sentence - I don’t actually think that anyones colleagues really care about what others do in their private life as long as it’s not extreme.

Marcus Evans owned a well-supported professional football club - totally different to a nurse - but again, what ME does in his private life is his own concern.

I have no issues with swearing - I don’t swear as routine in public - but I do amongst friends and this includes the c-word.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:09 - Mar 22 with 2066 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:18 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

So it's our government's fault she was kidnapped in Iran? Ok then. Maybe we should kidnap some Russians in the UK and throw them in prison until Russia does what we want.

Yes, it actually is.

Because of this:

" A small Iranian diplomatic delegation landed at Heathrow in 2013 to discuss a historic £400m debt Britain owed. However, upon arriving, their visas were dismissed, they were held in a detention centre and finally deported. Former prime minister, Theresa May, was home secretary at the time."

From here:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/mar/20/familys-mp-says-johnsons-poor-grasp

And this:

"I also cannot reflect on Nazanin’s story without lamenting the prime minister’s damaging role in it. In 2017, Boris Johnson, then foreign secretary, wrongly told the foreign affairs select committee that Nazanin had been in Iran “simply teaching people journalism, as I understand it”. His remarks were weaponised in the Iranian state media and cited by the Iranian judiciary as evidence for her “crimes”.

This disastrous blunder meant Johnson was forced to meet us. Again, I raised my concerns about the debt, which were flatly denied by him. Incredibly, he asked if Richard had enjoyed his visit to Iran. Anyone who had read a newspaper article on the case was aware that Richard had been at home in the UK when his wife was arrested in Iran. To this day, I feel astonished by Johnson’s extremely poor grasp of his brief. (Richard gasped at the question.) I should add that this was certainly not the case for the FCDO officials who knew the details of the case inside out."

From this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/20/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-

Sad to see all the "Every Life Matters" crew queue up to have a go at Nazanin today. "Be grateful" they bellow. It's literally a call to go back to forelock tugging feudal times: be grateful to your betters. Well, no. They're a shambolic shower of shoite and Nazanin isn't going to be brow-beaten into playing the dutiful little girl on this one. She's made of sterner stuff than that.

And you've put yourself on their side with this. It's a fcking terrible look.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 2039 viewssolomon

Judging by the comments and general feeling on this you’re actually wrongasfook.

Damn silly thing to post if you ask me.
Login to get fewer ads

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 2015 viewsmonytowbray

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 13:25 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

This thread sums up all that is wrong with this forum. Full of cowards and folk who use abusive language to those who might disagree with them.
Phil wrote a few weeks ago the following.

'posters should post as if they were interacting with other users face to face'

I so wish this was acted upon more regularly.
I am not a regular social media user but because of illness am taking part more than is good for me!!
All I ask of my fellow human beings is to show, respect, humility and understanding of one another and to disregard those that post to deliberately provoke anger.
Anger hurts the vessel it is poured from more than the vessel it is poured into.

This site contains too many posters full of their own self importance and this particular thread is a very good example of that.

WON’T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE RACISTS? THEY ARE THE REAL VICTIMS HERE.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:18 - Mar 22 with 2035 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 14:07 - Mar 22 by WD19

Its a cover. You have seen her wet blanket of a husband - I'll bet she chose to stay in Iran for a few extra years just to avoid him.

He's a better human being than I will ever be.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:22 - Mar 22 with 2004 viewsmonytowbray

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 15:01 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Ironically, a lot of the people who were riled by this will also purport to hate 'islam' because of the treatment of women in some countries and alleged attitudes that stem from an understanding of the Quran based on an article in the Sun.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 15:01]

And then start/join threads moaning that women’s football is sh1t. Or derail threads about women of topical/general note with if they’d shag them (or who they’d rather shag).

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:25 - Mar 22 with 2016 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 19:12 - Mar 22 by jaykay

strange for someone who doesn't like swear words and complain about using the c word by other means , you don't mention the o.p. name which is a great example of using a swear word by other means. perhaps you have double standards with some posters

I reckon this is yet another Blueas "character".
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:28 - Mar 22 with 1999 viewsazuremerlangus

Regardless of the politics she deserves a bit a slack.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:54 - Mar 22 with 1939 viewsnoggin

Would the op have posted this had she been a white 'native' British woman?
I very much doubt it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:57 - Mar 22 with 1930 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 16:36 - Mar 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

What on earth suggested to you that I was defending the OP? - please advise. You make it up to suit your own rhetoric I suggest.
I know many folk who worked through the pandemic and some in the NHS; they do not go around though belittling those with different political views to their own. They also have humility, dignity and respect for all their fellow beings regardless of colour, creed, political allegiance or favourite football team.
I have twenty years experience of the caring industry and have first hand knowledge of the pain, anguish, long hours, dedication etc that these folk went/are going through with so many of them on minimum wage, so please no preaching.
It does not though give them or anyone else carte blanche to insult anyone they think fit.
Oh and your final piece suggesting I might like to say something to a posters face - yep certainly anytime - I have nowt to hide. The site administrators have all my details.
The 'C' word is abhorrent and I will never cease to try and get it and all its derivatives stopped.

You haven’t met many NHS workers if you think they go around extolling the virtues of the Tories!

If Badger’s language offends you, you could always stick him on ignore.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 21:02 - Mar 22 with 1885 viewsSeablu

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:25 - Mar 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

I reckon this is yet another Blueas "character".

I don’t think he’s got the nouse to manage more than one log in.
Bit like asking a clown to juggle and put his shoes on at the same time.
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 21:12 - Mar 22 with 1877 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:54 - Mar 22 by noggin

Would the op have posted this had she been a white 'native' British woman?
I very much doubt it.

It could be racism, it could be misogyny or it could just be tribal with no thought whatsoever. Social media is a car crash over this. And they’re all saying the same thing, almost verbatim. Either there’s a tinderbox of simmering bigotry out there or the useful idiot amplification network works depressingly quickly.

What business is it of anyone anyway? People should just leave her alone.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 21:36 - Mar 22 with 1796 viewsSeablu

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:57 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

You haven’t met many NHS workers if you think they go around extolling the virtues of the Tories!

If Badger’s language offends you, you could always stick him on ignore.

You’re right of course…

Except for the disturbing bond Badger has recently formed with that notoriously vocal Brexit voting tory enabler north of the border.

A bit like finding out Ed Sheehan and Delia meet up regularly to lick lumpy custard off each other..

[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 21:39]
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 21:38 - Mar 22 with 1804 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 21:36 - Mar 22 by Seablu

You’re right of course…

Except for the disturbing bond Badger has recently formed with that notoriously vocal Brexit voting tory enabler north of the border.

A bit like finding out Ed Sheehan and Delia meet up regularly to lick lumpy custard off each other..

[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 21:39]

A little bit of rough and wrong will do him good

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 22:40 - Mar 22 with 1662 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:25 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

Not trolling. Happens to be my opinion.

Given that Iran is trying to acquire nuclear weapons I can see the reason why handing over 400m to them is tricky. Plus EU sanctions made it difficult to pay them.

You either are trolling or you are absolutely thick. You say she has not complained until after her release.

I still don't think it is possible for you to be stupid, nasty and ridiculous enough to believe what you are posting so, despite your protestations you are trolling. The only possible explanation for a post more ridiculous than anything else ever posted on here. Ever.

Yes, there were difficulties and complications with paying the debt. Difficulties and complications which have conveniently evaporated as the need is more political than securing the release of a person who has been a political pawn carelessly trodden upon by this PM.

I don't even wish a fate similar to Nazanin's on you. Your own stupidity and vindictiveness are sufficient punishment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 23:49 - Mar 22 with 1543 viewsEireannach_gorm

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:37 - Mar 22 by Bobbychase

She lost six years of her life, of time with her daughter, and the people who could have rectified this at any point chose not to. The roots of the issue may go back to the 1970s but the solution could have been found any one of them.

In fact in the case of Boris, he made her situation worse while he was foreign secretary.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/12/woman-jailed-in-iran-shocked-by-
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 23:53 - Mar 22 with 1537 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 20:09 - Mar 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

Yes, it actually is.

Because of this:

" A small Iranian diplomatic delegation landed at Heathrow in 2013 to discuss a historic £400m debt Britain owed. However, upon arriving, their visas were dismissed, they were held in a detention centre and finally deported. Former prime minister, Theresa May, was home secretary at the time."

From here:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/mar/20/familys-mp-says-johnsons-poor-grasp

And this:

"I also cannot reflect on Nazanin’s story without lamenting the prime minister’s damaging role in it. In 2017, Boris Johnson, then foreign secretary, wrongly told the foreign affairs select committee that Nazanin had been in Iran “simply teaching people journalism, as I understand it”. His remarks were weaponised in the Iranian state media and cited by the Iranian judiciary as evidence for her “crimes”.

This disastrous blunder meant Johnson was forced to meet us. Again, I raised my concerns about the debt, which were flatly denied by him. Incredibly, he asked if Richard had enjoyed his visit to Iran. Anyone who had read a newspaper article on the case was aware that Richard had been at home in the UK when his wife was arrested in Iran. To this day, I feel astonished by Johnson’s extremely poor grasp of his brief. (Richard gasped at the question.) I should add that this was certainly not the case for the FCDO officials who knew the details of the case inside out."

From this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/20/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-

Sad to see all the "Every Life Matters" crew queue up to have a go at Nazanin today. "Be grateful" they bellow. It's literally a call to go back to forelock tugging feudal times: be grateful to your betters. Well, no. They're a shambolic shower of shoite and Nazanin isn't going to be brow-beaten into playing the dutiful little girl on this one. She's made of sterner stuff than that.

And you've put yourself on their side with this. It's a fcking terrible look.

Sorry tried for an uppy but did the opposite by mistake!
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 07:42 - Mar 23 with 1417 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see the thread has been cleansed over night!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 8:45]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:13 - Mar 23 with 1332 viewsSeablu

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 07:42 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

I see the thread has been cleansed over night!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 8:45]

I imagine a few of us logged in to ominous little flashing red squares, top right, this morning…
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:22 - Mar 23 with 1323 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't really get the appeal of trolling but this has worked better than probably even blueas expected.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024