Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is on Twitter 15:27 - Apr 12 with 4677 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:51 - Apr 12 with 1435 viewsNthQldITFC

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a genuine Town fan actually saying they'd get rid of Aluko, Chaplin, Celina, Jackson and Bakinson?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:54 - Apr 12 with 1411 viewsfooters

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:51 - Apr 12 by NthQldITFC

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a genuine Town fan actually saying they'd get rid of Aluko, Chaplin, Celina, Jackson and Bakinson?

Town fan, head trauma victim - take your pick.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:57 - Apr 12 with 1403 viewsKieran_Knows

What's wrong about getting rid of Jackson? Whilst he had a mini resurgence under McKenna, we can definitely do better, especially if our scouting network is casting far and wide.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:58 - Apr 12 with 1393 viewsSitfcB

Yes but then he is part of talking town so explains it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 1388 viewswkj

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:57 - Apr 12 by Kieran_Knows

What's wrong about getting rid of Jackson? Whilst he had a mini resurgence under McKenna, we can definitely do better, especially if our scouting network is casting far and wide.

Jackson's big value is he can play out wide if he needs too. A bit of a hot debate, but while he seldom scores as an IF, he does a good job of dragging the opposition's backline out of shape when he plays as one.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 1377 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:58 - Apr 12 by SitfcB

Yes but then he is part of talking town so explains it.

Also it’s not like he calls himself ‘The Fisherman’ or anything. But well done everyone giving him the attention he’s after

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:01 - Apr 12 with 1352 viewsWallingford_Boy

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 15:47 - Apr 12 by SitfcB

Yeah we need another massive squad overhaul this summer tbf.

ffs.

Probably agree with Carroll and Thompson that’s it.

You'd keep the rest?!

Dobra??
Carroll??
Pigs!?

RIP Sir Bobby

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:07 - Apr 12 with 1339 viewsSheffordBlue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:59 - Apr 12 by wkj

Jackson's big value is he can play out wide if he needs too. A bit of a hot debate, but while he seldom scores as an IF, he does a good job of dragging the opposition's backline out of shape when he plays as one.

Morsy pretty much confirmed he was signing a new deal. McK seems to like pace and Jackson certainly has that. Play to his strengths and he'll score goals

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:08 - Apr 12 with 1331 viewsFrimleyBlue

Surprised more aren't waiting to see who the manager actually wants before laughing at others for saying who they wouldn't keep.

How much patience does KM have? Training week after week. Coaching as much as he can and having the same poor results in the final third game after game... he wouldn't be a good manager if he just ignored it and started next season with the same set up would he?

I think the fisherman is wrong with some. I think Bakinson will be purchased. Celina and Chaplin.. I think he needs to choose 1.
Aluko.. depending on contract cost may or may not get another. One of the best on the ball, but goal stats just not there for his position.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:10 - Apr 12 with 1314 viewsFunge

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 15:32 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

Welp to be fair I think those are more or less the players we will see leave this summer.

Interesting.

Aluko/ Chaplin/ Celina/ Jackson/ Bakinson all likely to stay, I reckon.

No idea about Harper, altho sounds like he's had a shocker at Crewe.

Rest all go, I think.

I still love Bonne.
Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:21 - Apr 12 with 1279 viewsBigCommon

I'd like to know who the 7-8 energetic, creative, forward thinking players are. That we are going to just pluck off of some imaginary shelf..?
We'd be lucky to keep hold of some of those mentioned, let alone, "get rid"...
Aluko, Cellina, Chaplin Bakinson, Jackson, Thompson all good enough to stay for me, if possible..
Not sure you'll find , too many more, energetic, creative, forward thinking players in this Div, than Cellina, Chaplin, or Aluko (if used sensibly)...
We need bolstering in certain areas.. But ,what we don't need, is another demolition job.. Just my op'...
Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:23 - Apr 12 with 1268 viewsFixed_It

Attention seeking moron. No, not you, Illy...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:43 - Apr 12 with 1246 viewsVeggie

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:08 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Surprised more aren't waiting to see who the manager actually wants before laughing at others for saying who they wouldn't keep.

How much patience does KM have? Training week after week. Coaching as much as he can and having the same poor results in the final third game after game... he wouldn't be a good manager if he just ignored it and started next season with the same set up would he?

I think the fisherman is wrong with some. I think Bakinson will be purchased. Celina and Chaplin.. I think he needs to choose 1.
Aluko.. depending on contract cost may or may not get another. One of the best on the ball, but goal stats just not there for his position.

There are just so many fans trying to second guess who we should sign or who we should let go. It’s a kind of game of oneupmanship which is pretty boring really. Through enough blancmange at a wall and some is bound to stick.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 17:44]
Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:06 - Apr 12 with 1189 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:08 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

“Fans shouldn’t rush to judgement” says fan who wrote off McKenna after 10 minutes of his first press conference.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:09 - Apr 12 with 1174 viewsfooters

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:06 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

“Fans shouldn’t rush to judgement” says fan who wrote off McKenna after 10 minutes of his first press conference.

Five minutes.

Waits for 'don't bring up things I've said in the past - they're irrelevant'.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:16 - Apr 12 with 1163 viewsFrimleyBlue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:06 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

Where's that quote then?

Waka waka eh eh

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:22 - Apr 12 with 1158 viewsFrimleyBlue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:09 - Apr 12 by footers

Five minutes.

Waits for 'don't bring up things I've said in the past - they're irrelevant'.

Footers if that makes your Tuesday evening more enjoyable, go for it.

Waka waka eh eh

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:24 - Apr 12 with 1150 viewsFrimleyBlue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:43 - Apr 12 by Veggie

There are just so many fans trying to second guess who we should sign or who we should let go. It’s a kind of game of oneupmanship which is pretty boring really. Through enough blancmange at a wall and some is bound to stick.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 17:44]

Just part of the game isn't it, different opinions on players. Most have different ideas of lineups each week for example. No harm in people talking about who they would keep or replace.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 19:28]

Waka waka eh eh

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:26 - Apr 12 with 1153 viewsNthQldITFC

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 16:57 - Apr 12 by Kieran_Knows

Well, he's a marginal one for me admittedly, but on the basis that if I'm brutally honest I don't think any of the others should stay, then I'd rather keep the one who might be moulded into a suitable player for our squad, rather than be dependent upon an entirely new, and to some extent unknown, set of strikers.

I am also so impressed by our new manager that if he shows some enthusiasm for Jackson (as I believe he has done), then I trust his judgement completely.

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:28 - Apr 12 with 1147 viewsNthQldITFC

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 15:42 - Apr 12 by footers

Christ

Are we letting him go too? I haven't even seen him play yet. Position?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:30 - Apr 12 with 1138 viewsFrimleyBlue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:28 - Apr 12 by NthQldITFC

Are we letting him go too? I haven't even seen him play yet. Position?

Got to be a striker hasn't it? Get his head on the end of a cross.

Waka waka eh eh

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:43 - Apr 12 with 1119 viewschicoazul

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 17:10 - Apr 12 by Funge

Interesting.

Aluko/ Chaplin/ Celina/ Jackson/ Bakinson all likely to stay, I reckon.

No idea about Harper, altho sounds like he's had a shocker at Crewe.

Rest all go, I think.

I still love Bonne.

Yeah I like Bonne too but I’m pretty sure McK doesn’t, especially considering how much budget he would eat. If it’s a straight choice between Bonne or Celina as our top paid player I’d take Celina all day.
I think we may have seen the last of Jackson simply because you don’t give contracts to players recovering from his kind of bad injury. If he wants to stay and train and try to earn a deal that’s another story.
And I do hope we can keep Chaplin but if he gets another goal or two there’s bound to be lots of interest from the league above. Hoping Harper can somehow come good. I just don’t understand why people seem to not think we need another 8-10 players this summer. Like Joe told us all a while back that’s just the way it is in this cursed division.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 20:07 - Apr 12 with 1095 viewsFunge

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:43 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

Yeah I like Bonne too but I’m pretty sure McK doesn’t, especially considering how much budget he would eat. If it’s a straight choice between Bonne or Celina as our top paid player I’d take Celina all day.
I think we may have seen the last of Jackson simply because you don’t give contracts to players recovering from his kind of bad injury. If he wants to stay and train and try to earn a deal that’s another story.
And I do hope we can keep Chaplin but if he gets another goal or two there’s bound to be lots of interest from the league above. Hoping Harper can somehow come good. I just don’t understand why people seem to not think we need another 8-10 players this summer. Like Joe told us all a while back that’s just the way it is in this cursed division.

Agree with pretty much all of this, Chickers.

Jackson is a curious one; he's spoken positively about the 'second chance' McK has given him; seems like he fancies the fight... but yeah, his injury doesn't help him one bit.

I think we'll see a couple kids in from Man U on loan, possibly a LB and a young striker starlet or some such. I know fck-all about Man U's kids, to be honest.

Twine from MK Dongs has looked good on the (limited) occasions I've seen him this year, plus Alex Gilbey at Charlton ripped us apart down at The Valley (didn't they all, though?). Stockton banging them in for Morecambe, but I reckon he's Champ-bound.
Paul Cook is on Twitter on 20:47 - Apr 12 with 1057 viewsSheffordBlue

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:43 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

It was after his injury that Morsy said on a podcast that a new deal for Jackson was pretty much a done deal.

We know it was a hamstring tear but not how serious - even with a fairly serious one you'd expect him to be back for pre-season

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 21:55 - Apr 12 with 993 viewsFifeITFC

Paul Cook is on Twitter on 19:16 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Where's that quote then?

Yup down arrow coming but I dont like him by chrismakin 20 Dec 2021 14:02
Comes across as a smarmy git already.

Christ we had Lambert and BIG clubs. Now we've got BIG UTD.

ffs

Anyways, fill ya boots. but nope. Not taken to him.

I assume Illy is referring to this.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024