Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday 09:15 - Apr 17 with 7138 viewsMenton

Didn’t one of them say something like ‘If rumours are to be believed, Ipswich will be a real force next season’. I wonder if we can expect some even more optimistic transfer targets than last year.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 13:41 - Apr 18 with 1281 viewsjayessess

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 11:30 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

My issue is that was the only one of possibly two good chances we created all game (the other being from Woolfenden’s run). We shouldn’t bemoan chances being missed as much as not creating enough in the first place.

but again, when you have a majority of possession (and territory?) and don't create any chances that's about decision-making and technical ability.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 18:14 - Apr 18 with 1173 viewsFrankfurtBlue

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 11:24 - Apr 18 by jayessess

There's something quite funny about saying we need more "battling" players like Norwood because if Norwood had better technique we'd probably have won on Saturday.

Yep, there would be something quite funny about it, if indeed that is what I had said. I didn't though!

I wasn't saying we need more of Norwood's technical abilities, rather more of his nouse around referees and opponents. Him and Morsy are the only ones who seem to realise that you can play the ref a bit and also try to stop opponents doing the same.
What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:16 - Apr 19 with 1051 viewsBlueBlood90

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 14:25 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

The idea that good Championship players wouldn't improve us in League One is bonkers.

Of course you need to scrap but you do in a lot of games in the Championship. The trick is balancing the side.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 14:31]

100% correct.

If we are to succeed in this league we need a clear balance of creative players who will create and score goals but we desperately need to add a couple of experienced nitty-gritty battlers in midfield in the summer. Bakinson just doesn't do it for me and Evans was very hit and miss when fit.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:20 - Apr 19 with 1042 viewsblueasfook

I give up thinking "next season will be our season". I just start each season with zero expectation now. Honestly, it's the best way.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:22 - Apr 19 with 1038 viewstractorboy1978

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 18:14 - Apr 18 by FrankfurtBlue

Yep, there would be something quite funny about it, if indeed that is what I had said. I didn't though!

I wasn't saying we need more of Norwood's technical abilities, rather more of his nouse around referees and opponents. Him and Morsy are the only ones who seem to realise that you can play the ref a bit and also try to stop opponents doing the same.

Norwood is generally more of a hinderance than a help though. Alan Lee was clever, Joe Garner was clever. But Norwood is a bull in a china shop and his 'nous' tends to lead to nothing more than giving away cheap free kicks and bookings.
What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 13:17 - Apr 19 with 941 viewsFrankfurtBlue

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:22 - Apr 19 by tractorboy1978

Norwood is generally more of a hinderance than a help though. Alan Lee was clever, Joe Garner was clever. But Norwood is a bull in a china shop and his 'nous' tends to lead to nothing more than giving away cheap free kicks and bookings.

Agreed, but I wasn't passing judgement on Norwood's playing abilities, more his interactions with refs and opponents approaching refs etc. There are maybe better examples than Norwood, but I was attempting to point out that if our other more capable players did a bit more appealing (in unison) for decisions, approaching/surrounding/complaining to the referee and ensuring that opponents aren't able to have a free ride at doing the same, we might gain more refereeing decisions in our favour.
What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 13:28 - Apr 19 with 917 viewsVeggie

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:22 - Apr 19 by tractorboy1978

Yep. He tries to be clever but usually ends up with egg on his face.
What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 15:05 - May 5 with 792 viewsOldFart71

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 12:39 - Apr 17 by nodge_blue

Technically gifted and physical can go together in one player.

There's many examples of that.

We don't have to revert to lumps all over the park and long balls to get out of this league.

Agreed, but most successful teams have more than one player who can mix it.
Login to get fewer ads

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 15:28 - May 5 with 713 viewshype313

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:57 - Apr 18 by waveneyblue

Are you this miserable in other aspects of your life ?

Or is it just Ipswich

He wrote a blog once.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 15:45 - May 5 with 656 viewsNthQldITFC

What was the comment from the Sky pundits yesterday on 10:57 - Apr 18 by waveneyblue

Are you this miserable in other aspects of your life ?

Or is it just Ipswich

I think it's just Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich with this one. Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich.

Ipswich.

Ipswich.

Got trod on by a big horse, lost a few tail feathers, and now everything is Ipswich.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024