Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Guesses 12:44 - May 2 with 5303 viewsPattiswickBlue

If I was given £1 to put on a player that Ipswich were going to attempt to bring in this summer, it would be ..........

Luke Plange on loan from Crystal Palace. Plange was brought by Palace in January from Derby for £1 million, and then sent back out on loan to Derby where he has scored 4 goals, whilst also getting 2 assists in his 19 starts and 6 substitute appearances. These numbers are decent considering this is his first season in professional football and of course the off the field problems at Derby.

Reasons why I think Ipswich will be after him:

He fits the bill of who McKenna said he likes to work with, "young, hungry, technical and athletic players". We also know McKenna likes quick strikers who can run in behind teams.

When Rooney was asked about Plange's strengths he said "He can run in behind teams, he’s quick and he is also strong enough to hold the ball up", he also described him as a "clever player". Which furthers the evidence that he is the type of player McKenna and Ipswich will be looking at.

Anyone else got any guesses?
Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:03 - May 2 with 4699 viewsParky

George Hirst and Regan Charles-Cook.
Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:08 - May 2 with 4687 viewstopguy

TBF if palace loaned him anywhere it would be CS if it was L1 which i doubt as hes had a season in CS going lower wont improve him, but if he went anywhere in L1 you would imagine Derby would be his preferred choice.
Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:21 - May 2 with 4593 viewsPattiswickBlue

Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:08 - May 2 by topguy

TBF if palace loaned him anywhere it would be CS if it was L1 which i doubt as hes had a season in CS going lower wont improve him, but if he went anywhere in L1 you would imagine Derby would be his preferred choice.

Yeah that's true, but we are going to be recruiting like a Championship club so that's why I think we may attempt to bring him in. We probably won't get him, as he will have Championship interest, but I can see him being one on the shortlist.
Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:31 - May 2 with 4534 viewsJ2BLUE

Gavin Whyte. Fee in the low hundred thousands from Cardiff.

84% pass accuracy. 30 chances created resulting in 10 goals. Could be a useful option when trying to create that one big chance when teams sit back.

Interestingly, there was a lot of talk of Norwood needing three chances to score a goal from his critics. Scott Twine has a conversion rate of 18%...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:39 - May 2 with 4473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Summer Transfer Guesses on 13:31 - May 2 by J2BLUE

84% pass accuracy. 30 chances created resulting in 10 goals. Could be a useful option when trying to create that one big chance when teams sit back.

Interestingly, there was a lot of talk of Norwood needing three chances to score a goal from his critics. Scott Twine has a conversion rate of 18%...

This sounds like the sort of stats we want to be looking at. We need strikers and creative players who will compliment each other and work well together. I think a high pass accuracy will be key for players brought in as we want to play possession football.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Summer Transfer Guesses on 14:41 - May 2 with 4261 viewsHighgateBlue

The majority of Twine's stats are very impressive. He doesn't play the same role as Norwood, so you can't expect him to have as high a conversion rate, it seems to me. There's so much else he does that Norwood doesn't (although on the pitch at least, I am a Norwood fan).
Summer Transfer Guesses on 14:45 - May 2 with 4236 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Summer Transfer Guesses on 14:41 - May 2 by HighgateBlue

The majority of Twine's stats are very impressive. He doesn't play the same role as Norwood, so you can't expect him to have as high a conversion rate, it seems to me. There's so much else he does that Norwood doesn't (although on the pitch at least, I am a Norwood fan).

I don't think the conversion rate was an argument against Twine as much as an observation that we haven't been creating enough chances. The suggestion that Norwood was profligate when scoring 1 in 3 of the chances he had was ridiculous.

Summer Transfer Guesses on 14:55 - May 2 with 4179 viewsJ2BLUE

Summer Transfer Guesses on 14:41 - May 2 by HighgateBlue

Not an argument against Twine. Just amused me that no striker in the division has a one goal per three chances ratio after the Norwood stuff.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Guesses on 15:01 - May 2 with 4143 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Summer Transfer Guesses on 14:55 - May 2 by J2BLUE

Not an argument against Twine. Just amused me that no striker in the division has a one goal per three chances ratio after the Norwood stuff.

He is a poor finisher yet has that stat and he is a loose canon on the pitch and yet has not had a red card.

He is history for us now (aside from when we inevitably play against him and the idiots will give a load of "bantz"). However, if we are seriously upgrading on him we should have a couple of really good strikers here next season.

Summer Transfer Guesses on 15:19 - May 2 with 4073 viewsJ2BLUE

Summer Transfer Guesses on 15:01 - May 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

He is a poor finisher yet has that stat and he is a loose canon on the pitch and yet has not had a red card.

He is history for us now (aside from when we inevitably play against him and the idiots will give a load of "bantz"). However, if we are seriously upgrading on him we should have a couple of really good strikers here next season.

To be clear, Norwood doesn't have it either as far as I know. His critics just plucked it out of the air as a stick to beat him with.

Agree you are right though, we will almost certainly upgrade. Exciting times.

Truly impaired.

Summer Transfer Guesses on 15:20 - May 2 with 4064 viewsjayessess

The average conversion rate for the division is 8.1%. 18% is very good.

When you consider that 92 of Twine's 146 shots were from outside the box it's outrageously good.

For comparison, Norwood scored 6 times from 30 shots, but 25 of them were from inside the penalty area.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Summer Transfer Guesses on 16:31 - May 2 with 3864 viewsKieran_Knows

Nic Eliasson from Nimes in France.

They're struggling financially, he’s played previously for Bristol City (should be no Brexit issues) and would cover left wing back.

Nailed on in my opinion.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Summer Transfer Guesses on 16:33 - May 2 with 3849 viewsChrisd

What I like about how we do business under MA is that for all the speculation it's normally way off the mark. There's little information leaked by the club and this keeps us on our toes right until it's all confirmed.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 16:35]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Summer Transfer Guesses on 16:55 - May 2 with 3764 viewstractordownsouth

Conor Grant from Plymouth. LWB and set piece taker.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Summer Transfer Guesses on 17:30 - May 2 with 3637 viewswaveneyblue

Wasn't he in Carry on Abroad ?

Oh no sorry, that was Vic Flange ...
Summer Transfer Guesses on 17:59 - May 2 with 3536 viewsitfcsuth

Summer Transfer Guesses on 16:31 - May 2 by Kieran_Knows

Nic Eliasson from Nimes in France.

They're struggling financially, he’s played previously for Bristol City (should be no Brexit issues) and would cover left wing back.

Nailed on in my opinion.

Really good shout. Think he would work in the LWB role perfectly.

Not sure whether he would comply with overseas signings though. Too complex that for me to work out.
Summer Transfer Guesses on 18:04 - May 2 with 3515 viewsSTYG

Summer Transfer Guesses on 17:59 - May 2 by itfcsuth

Really good shout. Think he would work in the LWB role perfectly.

Not sure whether he would comply with overseas signings though. Too complex that for me to work out.

Think it was Joe that mentioned that France and Holland is fine to shop in as we can take players from the top two divisions there.
Summer Transfer Guesses on 18:53 - May 2 with 3363 viewsStourbridgeblue

I think we should plunge for Plange.

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:33 - May 2 with 3206 viewsJamestownPrince

Lawrence Shankland
Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:37 - May 2 with 3188 viewsle2blue

George Hirst 💯
Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:42 - May 2 with 3162 viewsUppaTowen78

Ethan Hamilton. CM option. McKenna knows him from United
Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:43 - May 2 with 3156 viewscressi

Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:37 - May 2 by le2blue

George Hirst 💯

George Hirst would not surprise me his a Leicester player and down the pecking order 1st real season of getting a few goals 23 yrs old 6ft 3
Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:44 - May 2 with 3142 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Summer Transfer Guesses on 16:55 - May 2 by tractordownsouth

Conor Grant from Plymouth. LWB and set piece taker.

Hopefully he’ll be better than last time then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Summer Transfer Guesses on 21:36 - May 2 with 2842 viewsitfcsuth

Summer Transfer Guesses on 19:42 - May 2 by UppaTowen78

Ethan Hamilton. CM option. McKenna knows him from United

Thought of him the other day, due to that Man Utd connection.

Was good against us earlier in the season, took his goal well as well.
Summer Transfer Guesses on 21:40 - May 2 with 2818 viewsPhilTWTD

Summer Transfer Guesses on 21:36 - May 2 by itfcsuth

Thought of him the other day, due to that Man Utd connection.

Was good against us earlier in the season, took his goal well as well.

Was chatting with KMc after the game here while they were doing media and clearly get on well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024