Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? 14:13 - Jul 6 with 2636 viewsKeno

I still cant quite make my mind up about him

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:18 - Jul 6 with 2116 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve already seen comments from the hard left suggesting it was Starmer’s interview to be the new leader of the Conservatives…
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:21 - Jul 6 with 2086 viewsitfc_bucks

The bottom line here is that he's the grown up in the room and, barring catastrophe, he's the next Prime Minister.

The nutter left and right need to wrap their micro-brains around that and work out how to moderate their batsht mental philosophies and rejoin the real world. We don't have time for identity politics, culture wars and such. Too many real fcking problems to deal with.
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:24 - Jul 6 with 2057 viewsJ2BLUE

Starmer is Mick McCarthy.

He's not going to come in and make everything wonderful and revolutionise the system but he's going to be a hell of a lot better than Johnson. Hopefully he will drag the centre ground back to the left and give a future McKenna a platform to build on.

Oh and yes, the above analogy is flawed in several areas but you get my point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:24 - Jul 6 with 2054 viewsJakeITFC

It was good, but I think Labour have been fine to date on their ticket of not being the Conservatives.

That he doesn't seem to have any actual policies or ideas will come under the spotlight quite soon I imagine - I'm not sure them getting rid of Johnson is the good news that they seem to think it is.
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:29 - Jul 6 with 1981 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought he destroyed Boris earlier... but then it was rather like taking candy from a baby.

On a side note, it makes me laugh when they blather on about "what the public really wants" as if he (Boris) has the first idea about what the public wants. What he really means is "I want to deflect by talking about this instead..."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:29 - Jul 6 with 1979 viewsITFC_Forever

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:18 - Jul 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve already seen comments from the hard left suggesting it was Starmer’s interview to be the new leader of the Conservatives…

There in lies the Labour problem.

The far left are so far removed from the rest of the party, they will never be united.

Although Starmer / Labour have dropped a massive clanger by not declaring they would look to re-join the EU at the earliest opportunity.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:36 - Jul 6 with 1939 viewsBlueBadger

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:29 - Jul 6 by ITFC_Forever

There in lies the Labour problem.

The far left are so far removed from the rest of the party, they will never be united.

Although Starmer / Labour have dropped a massive clanger by not declaring they would look to re-join the EU at the earliest opportunity.

I think he probably rightly wary of the Cult of Blue Passports and No Foreigners and knows what a toxic issue it still is. The noises he made over the weekend about rejoining the single market suggests to me that he'd look to do it almost by stealth.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:38 - Jul 6 with 1936 viewsPinewoodblue

Starmer would have to cross the floor of the house if he wants to be Johnson’s immediate replacement.

Starmer’s job at PMQs was to unsettle Johnson….he failed. Now if he had gone down with Covid again his deputy would have slaughtered the Blob.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:39 - Jul 6 with 1931 viewsitfcjoe

Best for a long time - he has had this habit of having open goals to score and not being able to do so.

Today he didn't let Boris off it, had a couple of good lines, and his forensic style was absolutely right.

PMQs isn't his forte though, but today he did very well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:41 - Jul 6 with 1905 viewshype313

Did what was needed, but obviously will be remembered for Javid's statement.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:43 - Jul 6 with 1899 viewsbackwaywhen

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:24 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Starmer is Mick McCarthy.

He's not going to come in and make everything wonderful and revolutionise the system but he's going to be a hell of a lot better than Johnson. Hopefully he will drag the centre ground back to the left and give a future McKenna a platform to build on.

Oh and yes, the above analogy is flawed in several areas but you get my point.

Starker will shortly be resigning as the fine is just round the corner , hopefully with that mouthy sidekick of his !
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:44 - Jul 6 with 1886 viewsbackwaywhen

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:43 - Jul 6 by backwaywhen

Starker will shortly be resigning as the fine is just round the corner , hopefully with that mouthy sidekick of his !

Starker even lol.
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:46 - Jul 6 with 1878 viewsSteve_M

Well. The prosecutorial approach for highlighting the accusations against Pincher showed up Johnson's bluster and the 'Charge of the Lightweight Brigade Line' was good.

labour still feel a good way from government in waiting though, partly down to Corbyn but also due to inching forward on policy - there's plenty of detail but no overarching narrative yet. Then again, I'm not sure Cameron looked any more ready in 2009/10 so it may be enough.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:49 - Jul 6 with 1861 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He did well, although it was pretty easy, but he didnt miss the open goal as he normally does.

Keir Starmer is what he is, he's a bit dull, he's not great at rousing speeches. But he is an adult, and i would trust him to run the country. Far more than i would trust any conservative. All the capable ones got chucked out in 2019.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Very well! I thought he truly exposed Boris (n/t) on 14:58 - Jul 6 with 1782 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:01 - Jul 6 with 1761 viewsGavTWTD

I was expecting some humour "Still here Prime Minister?" right at the start but he started reading an account of someone who had been abused by Pincher so wouldn't have been appropriate. He doesn't seem to have a personality but I'd settle for someone to be competant and honest.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:12 - Jul 6 with 1677 viewsBlueBadger

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:43 - Jul 6 by backwaywhen

What is it about Boris you like the best - the racism, the homophobia, the corruption, the criminality, the incompetence or the support for serial sex abusers?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:15 - Jul 6 with 1647 viewsKeno

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:01 - Jul 6 by GavTWTD

I was expecting some humour "Still here Prime Minister?" right at the start but he started reading an account of someone who had been abused by Pincher so wouldn't have been appropriate. He doesn't seem to have a personality but I'd settle for someone to be competant and honest.

"but I'd settle for someone to be competant and honest"

is that what you say to Phil on a bad day?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:24 - Jul 6 with 1602 viewsGavTWTD

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:15 - Jul 6 by Keno

"but I'd settle for someone to be competant and honest"

is that what you say to Phil on a bad day?

I'm sure Phil doesn't have bad days.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:37 - Jul 6 with 1537 viewsRadioOrwell

I'd love to know what the hard left know about winning general elections.
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:40 - Jul 6 with 1514 viewsBlueBadger

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:37 - Jul 6 by RadioOrwell

I'd love to know what the hard left know about winning general elections.

The response to 2019 was roughly along these lines:

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:48 - Jul 6 with 1457 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:01 - Jul 6 by GavTWTD

Yes to be competent is a minimum requirement in all folk in positions of authority.
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 15:55 - Jul 6 with 1430 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:36 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

I think he probably rightly wary of the Cult of Blue Passports and No Foreigners and knows what a toxic issue it still is. The noises he made over the weekend about rejoining the single market suggests to me that he'd look to do it almost by stealth.

Yeah. I think they need to get into power first before thinking about getting back into Europe. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in a way. I'd like him to pledge on looking for a return... but then straight away the Tories have 'Oh you don't like democracy' ammo.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 1343 viewsgtsb1966

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 14:21 - Jul 6 by itfc_bucks

The bottom line here is that he's the grown up in the room and, barring catastrophe, he's the next Prime Minister.

The nutter left and right need to wrap their micro-brains around that and work out how to moderate their batsht mental philosophies and rejoin the real world. We don't have time for identity politics, culture wars and such. Too many real fcking problems to deal with.

He won't be the next prime minister. Whoever takes over from Johnson will win the next General election. Starmer just doesn't resonate with the people. It shouldn't matter but unfortunately it does. The Tories will promise everything and people will fall for it.
How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 16:31 - Jul 6 with 1265 viewsitfc_bucks

How do you think Kier Starmer did today? on 16:18 - Jul 6 by gtsb1966

He won't be the next prime minister. Whoever takes over from Johnson will win the next General election. Starmer just doesn't resonate with the people. It shouldn't matter but unfortunately it does. The Tories will promise everything and people will fall for it.

I think we're past that point now. Genuinely, I think we're past the point where all but the most myopic will forgive this shower.

The polling appears to bear this out.

Further, it appears only Hunt will have the clean skin in the game to emerge from this shower of b'stards unsullied.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024