Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts from tonight..... 22:47 - Jul 12 with 3731 viewsBloots

....most of our fans have bought the new shirt in a size too small.

"Skin tight" isn't a good look.

The players version, whilst better fitting, has the number far too low and just looks wrong from behind.

Going "cashless" appears to have made the service (in the Pioneer at least) slower, the queues at half time went into the fanzone.

We didn't play bad at times though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:12 - Jul 12 with 3122 viewsFBI

Not seen any pics from the right angle yet, but did the players have names on the back yet?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

No, but that's not the issue..... on 23:15 - Jul 12 with 3102 viewsBloots

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:12 - Jul 12 by FBI

Not seen any pics from the right angle yet, but did the players have names on the back yet?

....I think it's due to the design of the shirt.

You could see in comparison to the WH players the numbers were a lot lower.

This is important stuff, I may return my season ticket in protest.

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:17 - Jul 12 with 3070 viewsjeera

Why didn't you stream the game from your phone?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wot you talkin about Willis? (n/t) on 23:18 - Jul 12 with 3053 viewsBloots

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:17 - Jul 12 by jeera

Why didn't you stream the game from your phone?

Wot you talkin about Willis? (n/t) on 23:21 - Jul 12 with 3032 viewsjeera

Wot you talkin about Willis? (n/t) on 23:18 - Jul 12 by Bloots

You were at the game.

You have a phone.

Well?

Oh I see, gotcha.... on 23:27 - Jul 12 with 2991 viewsBloots

Wot you talkin about Willis? (n/t) on 23:21 - Jul 12 by jeera

You were at the game.

You have a phone.

Well?

....I did.

I just forgot to tell you.

I also forgot that it was a 7pm KO and missed the first 10 minutes.

We lost.

Disastrous night all round really, I might give up on football.

Oh I see, gotcha.... on 23:28 - Jul 12 with 2973 viewsjeera

Oh I see, gotcha.... on 23:27 - Jul 12 by Bloots

....I did.

I just forgot to tell you.

I also forgot that it was a 7pm KO and missed the first 10 minutes.

We lost.

Disastrous night all round really, I might give up on football.

That all sounds reasonable enough.

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:28 - Jul 12 with 2981 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:12 - Jul 12 by FBI

No names yet but seen some with names printed on around and definitely doesn’t look right.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts from tonight..... on 07:53 - Jul 13 with 2364 viewsNthQldITFC

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:28 - Jul 12 by SitfcB

No names yet but seen some with names printed on around and definitely doesn’t look right.

My theory is that it is to accommodate all of our double-barrelled players names. Obviously we already have Vincent-Young, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the final two pieces of the KMac jigsaw are going to be Maitland-Niles and Calvert-Lewin. You read it Here-First.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Thoughts from tonight..... on 08:37 - Jul 13 with 2179 viewsStewart27

I’d rather than than the shirt down to your knees over the hoody look. But that’s just personal preference. Each to their own!

Who would have thought that tapping your card/inserting your finger print on your phone would be such a slow process. Crazy. Maybe they should re-introduce cheques.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 8:38]
Thoughts from tonight..... on 08:57 - Jul 13 with 2050 viewsSmith45

Don't know about anyone else but I had forgotten just how good some of Lee Evans passing was, I know it was only his first game back so a little rusty to start with but thought he did well.
Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:01 - Jul 13 with 2017 viewsDubtractor

Some of us clocked the number position issue weeks ago mate.

Number position on the new shirts by Dubtractor 25 Jun 2022 19:24
Is it just me or does the number look far too low on the back?

Just looking at the pics from today and they don't look quite right!

I'm with you though, these things matter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How am I supposed to compete…. on 09:11 - Jul 13 with 1953 viewsBloots

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:01 - Jul 13 by Dubtractor

Some of us clocked the number position issue weeks ago mate.

Number position on the new shirts by Dubtractor 25 Jun 2022 19:24
Is it just me or does the number look far too low on the back?

Just looking at the pics from today and they don't look quite right!

I'm with you though, these things matter.

….with someone of your magnificent beardiness when I have a pathetic pointy goatee effort?

It’s not a fair contest in either beard growth nor shirt number spotting ability.

I resign.

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:21 - Jul 13 with 1898 viewsWallingford_Boy

Skin tight is the only way to wear tops.

But you do need a body like mine.

Skin tight with a belly is not a good look.

RIP Sir Bobby

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:27 - Jul 13 with 1859 viewsitfcjoe

Thoughts from tonight..... on 23:28 - Jul 12 by SitfcB

I got kit for my boys and their names printed on - think issue there is a large semi circle of stitching and they print the names below that which moves them down quite far and then obviously numbers below that - but it doesn't look right

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:35 - Jul 13 with 1822 viewsSTYG

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:27 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

I got kit for my boys and their names printed on - think issue there is a large semi circle of stitching and they print the names below that which moves them down quite far and then obviously numbers below that - but it doesn't look right

Only criticism for me is that Umbro have gone to town on that yoke.

Do think it'll all look fine with player names on and the shirt untucked. Kids ones do look a bit weird because of the smaller letters.

Ideally it would be about two inches further up (behave).
No, but that's not the issue..... on 09:39 - Jul 13 with 1797 viewschicoazul

No, but that's not the issue..... on 23:15 - Jul 12 by Bloots

....I think it's due to the design of the shirt.

You could see in comparison to the WH players the numbers were a lot lower.

This is important stuff, I may return my season ticket in protest.

Any decent attacking play tonight, or even attempts at same? Like I believe you said the other day, goals are the main worry with this team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 1738 viewsCityBlue

once again the club has employed the wrong people to facilitate a rapid half time service. Better suited to working in a garden center.

I T I D

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:07 - Jul 13 with 1684 viewsBloots

No, but that's not the issue..... on 09:39 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

Any decent attacking play tonight, or even attempts at same? Like I believe you said the other day, goals are the main worry with this team.

….Leigh marauded forward at times in the second half, although then seemed to struggle to get back and defend.

Burns had a quiet match and then after the subs we had Idris playing RWB/RB with KVY in front of him which seemed a bit odd.

Ladapo showed some pace and aggression but missed a fairly simple one on one. Jackson and JJ ran around a lot without troubling the scorers.

My two main concerns remain that we are woeful at set pieces and we spend an inordinate amount of time standing on the ball 30 yards from goal without looking like we know what to do. We need a “fox in the box” to make the final run and/or a player to make the final “unlocking” pass.

Work to do, obviously, but you have to trust the project I guess.

Thoughts from tonight..... on 10:21 - Jul 13 with 1647 viewsBlueBadger

Thoughts from tonight..... on 09:55 - Jul 13 by CityBlue

once again the club has employed the wrong people to facilitate a rapid half time service. Better suited to working in a garden center.

I've often wondered why football clubs don't implement similar systems to those at a lot of theatres whereby you order your interval/half time drinks, etc before the performance/match and then collect it at half time.

Mind you, the speed they work at at PR, they'd either never be able to fulfil the orders or half of them would be flat and warm by half time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:32 - Jul 13 with 1581 viewsSTYG

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:07 - Jul 13 by Bloots

….Leigh marauded forward at times in the second half, although then seemed to struggle to get back and defend.

Burns had a quiet match and then after the subs we had Idris playing RWB/RB with KVY in front of him which seemed a bit odd.

Ladapo showed some pace and aggression but missed a fairly simple one on one. Jackson and JJ ran around a lot without troubling the scorers.

My two main concerns remain that we are woeful at set pieces and we spend an inordinate amount of time standing on the ball 30 yards from goal without looking like we know what to do. We need a “fox in the box” to make the final run and/or a player to make the final “unlocking” pass.

Work to do, obviously, but you have to trust the project I guess.

Think the Leigh thing was partly because of how negative Thompson was.

Leigh was allowed to do what Burns does last night, giving us much more of a 3 than the 4 we always had with Thompson. That's where Burns will likely need to hold back a bit on the opposite side, allowing the left centre half to push across.

I don't think that's anywhere near as much of an issue against League One sides. West Ham however could play a quick two or three passes and play someone in to that huge space left when we gave the ball away.

Also think Ladapo chance was harder than it looked. As he slowed down to compose himself, the defender made up ridiculous ground, which hurried Ladapo into the finish slightly as he no doubt realised he had a defender about to take the ball when he thougth he'd left him for dead. Inches away from being a superb finish.

I agree with the lack of urgency and ideas in the final third, but again it's hard to know how that translates against a League One side as we made several little triangles that leave League One teams for dead and West Ham always had a man reading it.
Thoughts from tonight..... on 10:35 - Jul 13 with 1545 viewsstonojnr

Thoughts from tonight..... on 08:37 - Jul 13 by Stewart27

I’d rather than than the shirt down to your knees over the hoody look. But that’s just personal preference. Each to their own!

Who would have thought that tapping your card/inserting your finger print on your phone would be such a slow process. Crazy. Maybe they should re-introduce cheques.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 8:38]

Agree on the shirt, though didnt the latest club email show that exact look ?

And I warned people cashless could be like this, just wait till you get the must insert pin requests, as that's definitely longer than cash, or the wifi the reader is using borks or is temperamental as that will really try peoples patience.

Fundamentally the way to serve people faster at bars is not in the payment stage of the transaction
Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:39 - Jul 13 with 1503 viewsitfcjoe

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:32 - Jul 13 by STYG

Think the Leigh thing was partly because of how negative Thompson was.

Leigh was allowed to do what Burns does last night, giving us much more of a 3 than the 4 we always had with Thompson. That's where Burns will likely need to hold back a bit on the opposite side, allowing the left centre half to push across.

I don't think that's anywhere near as much of an issue against League One sides. West Ham however could play a quick two or three passes and play someone in to that huge space left when we gave the ball away.

Also think Ladapo chance was harder than it looked. As he slowed down to compose himself, the defender made up ridiculous ground, which hurried Ladapo into the finish slightly as he no doubt realised he had a defender about to take the ball when he thougth he'd left him for dead. Inches away from being a superb finish.

I agree with the lack of urgency and ideas in the final third, but again it's hard to know how that translates against a League One side as we made several little triangles that leave League One teams for dead and West Ham always had a man reading it.

Ladapo had a 15 yard head start for a one on one, it's as simple a one on one chance as you can have - that the defender made the ground up was because he basically stopped as had the classic "too much time to think about it"

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Thoughts from tonight..... on 10:47 - Jul 13 with 1391 viewsBloomBlue

That's the problem when you have clothes made in sweatshops in the Far East, workers paid a few pennies the company even cut the size to a minimum to save on materials meaning a large size is actually a small.

I was in M&S on Monday and none of their machines were accepting contactless or smart phone scanning only option was chip & pin or cash. That was fun with long queues, people almost having a breakdown as lots of them only had their phones and no other way of paying, I felt smug as I got my cash out.
Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 1337 viewsnorfsufblue

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:39 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

Ladapo had a 15 yard head start for a one on one, it's as simple a one on one chance as you can have - that the defender made the ground up was because he basically stopped as had the classic "too much time to think about it"

Top class strikers invariably to go across the defenders path to avoid a clean tackle which either makes the chance easier or a foul from behind.... its the little bits of nous that turn good players ( which most professionals obviously are) into top quality whatever league they play in imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024