Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard 10:36 - Jul 20 with 2200 viewsHipsterectomy

It seems they’re signing someone every few days, including the two Huddersfield lads yesterday. For a team who were fighting relegation then slowly moving up the league, before finishing in a play off final, they seem to have a strategy for the signings they want and who will keep them up*

*or are chucking money randomly

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:39 - Jul 20 with 2161 viewsclive_baker

Would be a great signing to be fair. There's no guarantees but he's proven at that level and a really good age. Can't be a cheap one to do though given the other clubs interested, West Ham would've offered very good money and that looked like a deal set to happen. Apparantly JL gave them a deadline to meet his terms which would suggest he's gone to the highest bidder.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:45 - Jul 20 with 2110 viewsOldsmoker

It always fascinates me to see how the Premiership newcomers approach their first season.
There seems to be lots of examples of how not to do it.
I'm thinking of Naarich.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:48 - Jul 20 with 2088 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Can't see he'd fancy that but who knows.
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 2025 viewsclive_baker

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:45 - Jul 20 by Oldsmoker

It always fascinates me to see how the Premiership newcomers approach their first season.
There seems to be lots of examples of how not to do it.
I'm thinking of Naarich.

Yeah there's definitely different approaches. I like it from Forest. Hell, it's hard enough to get into the Premier League so why not have a proper good go at staying there, and try to build off the back of that. You need to roll the dice at some point. I think signing players that know the league and are proven there is the way forward. Norwich spent their money on a handful of players, largely unproven at that level, who did naff all.

Forest are spending a lot but I like the look of Henderson, Lingard, Neco Williams as signings. You kind of know what you're going to get. Plus a couple of calculated punts. Awonyi is going in my fantasy team, bit of a punt at £6m but he who dares innit. Unproven in the UK admittedly but schooled here at Liverpool so not totally new to him.

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 2025 viewsSomethingBlue

Not going there as far as I'm aware. They've generally recruited well tho.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:09 - Jul 20 with 1968 viewsOldsmoker

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:00 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

Yeah there's definitely different approaches. I like it from Forest. Hell, it's hard enough to get into the Premier League so why not have a proper good go at staying there, and try to build off the back of that. You need to roll the dice at some point. I think signing players that know the league and are proven there is the way forward. Norwich spent their money on a handful of players, largely unproven at that level, who did naff all.

Forest are spending a lot but I like the look of Henderson, Lingard, Neco Williams as signings. You kind of know what you're going to get. Plus a couple of calculated punts. Awonyi is going in my fantasy team, bit of a punt at £6m but he who dares innit. Unproven in the UK admittedly but schooled here at Liverpool so not totally new to him.

Forest are certainly doing good business.
Bournemouth have done nothing or they've kept it out of the media.
Fulham probably think they have a capable side and only need some tweaks.
In 3 weeks time we might see some desperate signings as they try to fill their squads to obtain some 'depth'.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:26 - Jul 20 with 1908 viewsSTYG

Would not be at all surprised to see Forest finish Top 10. Think they'll have a Brentford like strong start.

Cooper is an outstanding manager. I think they've realised quite quickly that 4/5 of that squad are Premier League players and there are a lot of decent Championship players mixed in and they've moved quickly to get a team full of decent Premier League players.

It looks like some clever planning for proven quality, plus players who can make the step up and I'd be amazed if they are anywhere near relegation.

Fulham on the other hand look very Norwich like again. Not much at all to suggest they'll be anything other than strugglers unless Mitro finally continues his scoring form after promotion.
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:28 - Jul 20 with 1886 viewsSkip_Intro

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:48 - Jul 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Can't see he'd fancy that but who knows.

I think it's the £180k a week that he fancies...where he gets it is secondary...
Login to get fewer ads

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:39 - Jul 20 with 1833 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:26 - Jul 20 by STYG

Would not be at all surprised to see Forest finish Top 10. Think they'll have a Brentford like strong start.

Cooper is an outstanding manager. I think they've realised quite quickly that 4/5 of that squad are Premier League players and there are a lot of decent Championship players mixed in and they've moved quickly to get a team full of decent Premier League players.

It looks like some clever planning for proven quality, plus players who can make the step up and I'd be amazed if they are anywhere near relegation.

Fulham on the other hand look very Norwich like again. Not much at all to suggest they'll be anything other than strugglers unless Mitro finally continues his scoring form after promotion.

Yeah, I think they're in a good spot on and off the pitch and will be solid. Sustaining things beyond a year or two is another story altogether, but I wouldn't at all expect them to do fairly well next season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 12:09 - Jul 20 with 1628 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:28 - Jul 20 by Skip_Intro

I think it's the £180k a week that he fancies...where he gets it is secondary...

Yes fair point. I had forgotten he was on a free.
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 12:17 - Jul 20 with 1593 viewsIllinoisblue

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:00 - Jul 20 by SomethingBlue

Is he going to West Ham? That seems to have been rumbling on forever.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 21:08 - Jul 21 with 1306 viewsHipsterectomy

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 11:00 - Jul 20 by SomethingBlue

I'm not sure if you're ITK with him or Forest, but he's gone there

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 21:19 - Jul 21 with 1275 viewsmutters

Aha, the owners must have forgotten to update you as he has signed there.

Guess you weren't really aware then.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 21:39 - Jul 21 with 1213 viewsChrisd

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:39 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

Would be a great signing to be fair. There's no guarantees but he's proven at that level and a really good age. Can't be a cheap one to do though given the other clubs interested, West Ham would've offered very good money and that looked like a deal set to happen. Apparantly JL gave them a deadline to meet his terms which would suggest he's gone to the highest bidder.

£200k per week is the rumour. I worry about the impact this might have on the Forest dressing room. Feel they’ve made some good signings this summer, but this type of deal could prove really unsettling. Also, the amount of signings they’ve made is no guarantee for survival. It will be an interesting watch to see how this unfolds.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 22:11 - Jul 21 with 1138 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 21:39 - Jul 21 by Chrisd

£200k per week is the rumour. I worry about the impact this might have on the Forest dressing room. Feel they’ve made some good signings this summer, but this type of deal could prove really unsettling. Also, the amount of signings they’ve made is no guarantee for survival. It will be an interesting watch to see how this unfolds.

According to sky this is done.1 Yr deal

He knows he'll play, gives him the best chance of making the England squad, get well paid and can leave for free if they go down

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 23:25 - Jul 21 with 1008 viewsElderGrizzly

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 22:11 - Jul 21 by BlueandTruesince82

According to sky this is done.1 Yr deal

He knows he'll play, gives him the best chance of making the England squad, get well paid and can leave for free if they go down

Deal ia done on £200k a week. Which is bonkers for a newly promoted club, who were paying only £15k a week top last season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/21/jesse-lingard-nottingham-forest
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 06:32 - Jul 22 with 865 viewsVeggie

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 10:39 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

“A really good age”. Isn’t he 30?
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 06:51 - Jul 22 with 838 viewsgiant_stow

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 23:25 - Jul 21 by ElderGrizzly

Deal ia done on £200k a week. Which is bonkers for a newly promoted club, who were paying only £15k a week top last season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/21/jesse-lingard-nottingham-forest

£200k a week?!!!

11 new players?

This'll end in tears.

At least our tears were cheaper.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 6:54]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 08:01 - Jul 22 with 733 viewstractorboy1978

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 23:25 - Jul 21 by ElderGrizzly

I highly doubt they were paying £15k a week max last season. Outside the parachute clubs, they've been one of the clubs pushing hard for years and we had players on more than that under Evans. In fact we've got one player on virtually that in L1!

Re Lingard, the optic of £200k a week looks obscene but it's a one year deal. So they are effectively paying £10m to have a player that would cost £30m (?) had he not been a free transfer for a season. If he's the difference between them staying up or not that is money well spent. If they go down they aren't committed to that wage.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 8:02]
Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 08:18 - Jul 22 with 681 viewsclive_baker

Forest have made a substantial offer to sign Lingard on 06:32 - Jul 22 by Veggie

“A really good age”. Isn’t he 30?

Are you suggesting 30 is past it? Better tell Salah that.

He’s 29, which on a 1 year deal is ideal if you want someone to make an immediate impact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024