Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22593 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:47 - Aug 2 with 1331 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:43 - Aug 2 by noggin

I asked what Ullas thoughts would be if/when Russia (other superpowers are available) armed NATO opposition in "conflict "

They have done and will continue to do so.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:48 - Aug 2 with 1325 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:47 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They have done and will continue to do so.

Yes, and I wanted to know if he supported that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:48 - Aug 2 with 1325 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:03 - Aug 2 by noggin

Let the Ukrainians fight. What are your thoughts on Russia arming NATOs enemies?

They do, and always have done.....

.......and the fecking French armed The Argies - and then refused to tell us how to enact the kill switch on the Exocet missiles.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:50 - Aug 2 with 1314 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This is tbe issue with the man, he preaches peace and looks like a self-delusional hypocrite when he says something like this and whilst I'm sure he genuinely believes that his rhetoric propmites peace it doesn't, it promotes appeasement and unchecked aggression from rogue nations.

The saddest part is that if it were not happening in Ukraine most of the world the world wouldn't care (country depending of course) and whilst Corbyn is right to highlight the many other places that conflict has a terrible impact on humanity he undermines that with stances are at odds with each other, would object if the west suddenly decided to arm Palestine? (Just an example and not an a comment on my feelings one way ot the other on that middle Eastern conflict) if the UK invades France tomorrow would he tell the French to surrender in the name of peace? I doubt it, it's this confused reasoning that requires some pretty impressive mental gymnastics to reconcile that make him unelectable

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:50 - Aug 2 with 1311 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:48 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

They do, and always have done.....

.......and the fecking French armed The Argies - and then refused to tell us how to enact the kill switch on the Exocet missiles.

There's big money in gun powder.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:51 - Aug 2 with 1308 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:48 - Aug 2 by noggin

Yes, and I wanted to know if he supported that.

Surely that question only works in the fictional context of NATO invading a country and trying to eradicate it’s sense of nationality. Seems far fetched.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:53 - Aug 2 with 1298 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:37 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

I don't know - but what I do know is that from my perspective the world trade of arms, the spending on defence and the general anti-peace sentiment just makes me uncomfortable (naive as it probably is on my behalf).

It's perfectly healthy to hold that opinion and for that to be an ambition for the country and the world. That people are jumping on Corbyn for effectively holding that position today (considering it's been his MO forever) is also fine, but I find the leap from that to 'he's abandoning Ukraine' one made in bad faith.

I respect your opinion and see it's merits in theory, but reject the 'bad faith jibe — a bit cheap.

I’m arguing honestly, faithfully in terms of real life consequences and very much from the viewpoint of supporting the victims of aggression. Every time I ask people on the other side of the argument about what they’d have Ukrainians do, given their continuing pleas for western arms, I get blanked — that to me is bad faith debating.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 18:54]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:55 - Aug 2 with 1290 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:51 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Surely that question only works in the fictional context of NATO invading a country and trying to eradicate it’s sense of nationality. Seems far fetched.

How many innocent people died as a result of the invasion of Iraq?

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:58 - Aug 2 with 1277 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:55 - Aug 2 by noggin

How many innocent people died as a result of the invasion of Iraq?

Again, not a NATO operation. Reasonably simple.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:02 - Aug 2 with 1269 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:58 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Again, not a NATO operation. Reasonably simple.

Irrelevant. America and the UK (as well as other NATO nations) invaded Iraq and hundreds of thousands of people died.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:03 - Aug 2 with 1266 viewsJakeITFC

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:53 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

I respect your opinion and see it's merits in theory, but reject the 'bad faith jibe — a bit cheap.

I’m arguing honestly, faithfully in terms of real life consequences and very much from the viewpoint of supporting the victims of aggression. Every time I ask people on the other side of the argument about what they’d have Ukrainians do, given their continuing pleas for western arms, I get blanked — that to me is bad faith debating.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 18:54]

But it has caused the usual kind of response with regards to Corbyn in the framing (because what he’s actually said on this issue isn’t particularly controversial really).

Fair enough on the second point, but like I said I don’t agree with the idea in principle of war and so whilst you’re right to say that a policy to just stop supporting Ukraine today could be disastrous, the argument is that you’d be in a different spot without it potentially. After all, Russia have invaded the country despite our membership of NATO, nuclear deterrent, pro-armed forces government etc.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:05 - Aug 2 with 1257 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:02 - Aug 2 by noggin

Irrelevant. America and the UK (as well as other NATO nations) invaded Iraq and hundreds of thousands of people died.

So what does that have to do with NATO supplying arms to Ukraine.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:20 - Aug 2 with 1233 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:03 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

But it has caused the usual kind of response with regards to Corbyn in the framing (because what he’s actually said on this issue isn’t particularly controversial really).

Fair enough on the second point, but like I said I don’t agree with the idea in principle of war and so whilst you’re right to say that a policy to just stop supporting Ukraine today could be disastrous, the argument is that you’d be in a different spot without it potentially. After all, Russia have invaded the country despite our membership of NATO, nuclear deterrent, pro-armed forces government etc.

Again, I respect what you're saying but do disagree - no point banging on about though.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:39 - Aug 2 with 1196 viewssolomon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:27 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

Well what kind of peaceful solution would you offer Vlad

A box of Haribos?

I sometimes wonder if some people live in a parallel universe.

I wish some actually did.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:48 - Aug 2 with 1185 viewslowhouseblue

ah, peace through surrender. but he's definitely not anti-west or pro putin. oh no.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:52 - Aug 2 with 1166 viewssolomon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:52 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

Of course he doesn’t want Russia to win a war of aggression. And Ullaa May have been a little unhelpful with his added comment. The link was damning enough. That isn’t really the point though.

Once again, this highlights what a dangerous and useful idiot Corbyn is. And this man came very close to having complete control over the armed forces, the security services and the Home office.

He has spent his entire life looking at the world from the viewpoint that the USA, the UK, NATO and it’s allies are the bad guys.

When the Salisbury poisonings took place, Corbyn didn’t join in the universal condemnation of Russia. He wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and dismissed the findings of our own security services.

Corbyn has never met an enemy of the west that he didn’t like.

And as for this nonsense about him being a pacifist. Absolute bollox. Where is his condemnation of violence from Hamas, Hezbollah, the IRA, Assad etc? At least John McDonnel was more honest about his support for armed violence that suited his agenda.

Useful idiot is a generous term. 100% in agreement with your post GB.

He is of course more than entitled to his opinion but in the grand scheme it means very little or influences anything or anyone of note.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 20:08 - Aug 2 with 1148 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 18:04 - Aug 2 by Swansea_Blue

A noble aim. Not sure Putin would pack it all in on the promise of peace. Be nice if he would, but this seems an idealistically simple position to me.

And I very much doubt it would save any lives, ultimately.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 21:07 - Aug 2 with 1106 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 19:52 - Aug 2 by solomon

Useful idiot is a generous term. 100% in agreement with your post GB.

He is of course more than entitled to his opinion but in the grand scheme it means very little or influences anything or anyone of note.

He's shared a platform with an IRA murderer who was on the run from the security services for murdering a policeman.

He's shared a platform with terrorists, holocaust deniers, blood libelers and antisemites.

He's called a man "brother" after he was released from prison after serving a jail sentence for killing a 15-year-old Israeli schoolgirl.

He has called Hamas and Hezbollah his 'friends'.

But he walked out of a cross party meeting arranged to solve the Brexit deadlock because Chuka Umunna was invited.

That's Jeremy Corbyn.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 22:04 - Aug 2 with 1045 viewsChurchman

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 21:07 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

He's shared a platform with an IRA murderer who was on the run from the security services for murdering a policeman.

He's shared a platform with terrorists, holocaust deniers, blood libelers and antisemites.

He's called a man "brother" after he was released from prison after serving a jail sentence for killing a 15-year-old Israeli schoolgirl.

But he walked out of a cross party meeting arranged to solve the Brexit deadlock because Chuka Umunna was invited.

That's Jeremy Corbyn.

I would add that after the Salisbury poisonings he was presented with all the information, as Opposition Leader he was entitled to, by the security services long before it was made public. There was nothing to question, but the dear leader still wanted to hear the Russian ‘side of it’. Words fail me. There was nothing to hear.

The Russian game plan in Ukraine is territory grab. A recreation of the Soviet Union. All of it. It’s really simple. You either accept it ‘in the name of peace’ including accepting that somebody will tell you how to live, think, where to and for what or you can fight it.

For Putin read Hitler, Stalin. Diplomacy for him is a game of laughing at the weak. Sacrifice a ‘little bit of territory’ for peace. Worth it isn’t it? Maybe the Baltics, Balkans (Russian aren’t they?), Poland (never a real country), Checho (nobodies mugged off in 38) and hope the Corbyn give peace a chance message gets through. Good luck with that.

I think these people and their countries matter. It’s why the dirty deal done by Chamberlain and co in 1938 was so shameful. Benes wasn’t even allowed in the room as he was sold down the river in the name of peace. Yet some still think that sort of deal is the way to go. Sorry, I don’t agree.

It’s simple. Fight Putin or accept the consequences.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 22:26 - Aug 2 with 1000 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 22:04 - Aug 2 by Churchman

I would add that after the Salisbury poisonings he was presented with all the information, as Opposition Leader he was entitled to, by the security services long before it was made public. There was nothing to question, but the dear leader still wanted to hear the Russian ‘side of it’. Words fail me. There was nothing to hear.

The Russian game plan in Ukraine is territory grab. A recreation of the Soviet Union. All of it. It’s really simple. You either accept it ‘in the name of peace’ including accepting that somebody will tell you how to live, think, where to and for what or you can fight it.

For Putin read Hitler, Stalin. Diplomacy for him is a game of laughing at the weak. Sacrifice a ‘little bit of territory’ for peace. Worth it isn’t it? Maybe the Baltics, Balkans (Russian aren’t they?), Poland (never a real country), Checho (nobodies mugged off in 38) and hope the Corbyn give peace a chance message gets through. Good luck with that.

I think these people and their countries matter. It’s why the dirty deal done by Chamberlain and co in 1938 was so shameful. Benes wasn’t even allowed in the room as he was sold down the river in the name of peace. Yet some still think that sort of deal is the way to go. Sorry, I don’t agree.

I'm replying to Churchmans post over any other similar posts, only because I know that he knows - if you know what I mean, and he's spot on. Churchman knows the score and you had better believe it baby!

As for Corbyn in general, well to be honest we don't know what he actually said and in what context do we? It's pretty easy to jump on media reports but media reports are often more twisted than anything and they cut certain quotes out for the benefit of a story.

You would think on the face of it that if it's from The Guardian reporting on a left winger then they wouldn't have an axe to grind and distort anything but IMHO The Guardian is as factual as The Daily Express and should be ashamed at some of the stuff it churns out.

Now, I don't really think that the JC is defending Russia, or probably not suggesting we immediately stop arming Ukraine.

I am fairly sure that prior to sitting on his chair waiting for the Gogglebox cameras to roll he doesn't rant and rave about the destruction of the west.

I just think he's a bit of a misguided dreamer who was lucky to just about escape the full dreamership rights to his brother.

Edit; On reflection, he does seem to dream of things from a one sided angle.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 22:49]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 05:12 - Aug 3 with 895 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 22:26 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

I'm replying to Churchmans post over any other similar posts, only because I know that he knows - if you know what I mean, and he's spot on. Churchman knows the score and you had better believe it baby!

As for Corbyn in general, well to be honest we don't know what he actually said and in what context do we? It's pretty easy to jump on media reports but media reports are often more twisted than anything and they cut certain quotes out for the benefit of a story.

You would think on the face of it that if it's from The Guardian reporting on a left winger then they wouldn't have an axe to grind and distort anything but IMHO The Guardian is as factual as The Daily Express and should be ashamed at some of the stuff it churns out.

Now, I don't really think that the JC is defending Russia, or probably not suggesting we immediately stop arming Ukraine.

I am fairly sure that prior to sitting on his chair waiting for the Gogglebox cameras to roll he doesn't rant and rave about the destruction of the west.

I just think he's a bit of a misguided dreamer who was lucky to just about escape the full dreamership rights to his brother.

Edit; On reflection, he does seem to dream of things from a one sided angle.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 22:49]

No Lucan, Glasgow has it right, don’t make the mistake of trying to overthink or complicate Corbyn. It’s crazy to read some of the sentiments on here.

Corbyn the great pacifist! Except of course when it comes to the Anti Western terrorist groups that he loves to flirt with. Anywhere the west supports, JC won’t be far behind with a statement like this. Even when it comes to a country that has this amount of global condemnation.

The only reason these constantly turn into 7 pages is there are some regulars that indirectly and subtly back him every thread. Dolly and DK for example. The nonsense he spouts is completely irrelevant, apart from on TWTD apparently.

He really isn’t worth this much air time people! Lucky I don’t have time to spend hours a day reading it.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 5:19]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 05:55 - Aug 3 with 871 viewssolomon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 22:04 - Aug 2 by Churchman

There are days when he makes his brother look entirely pragmatic and reasonable. Some feat that.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 06:01 - Aug 3 with 868 viewssolomon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 21:07 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

That's Jeremy Corbyn.

Quite, trouble is his misguided support for some very odious individuals encourages and opens the door for some who are very impressionable too.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:00 - Aug 3 with 830 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m trying to remember who was chair of Stop The War when this was put out? Can anyone tell me?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:29 - Aug 3 with 785 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:00 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

I’m trying to remember who was chair of Stop The War when this was put out? Can anyone tell me?

It's an opinion certainly:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220216231610/ https://www.stopwar.org.uk/article/if-we-have-to-pick-a-side-over-crimea-let-it-

And better than this one:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/23/tony-blair-ukraine-putin-_n_5196236.

Meanwhile, on a related note, here's Blair saying the west should abandon Ukraine:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukraine-negotiations-tony-blair-p

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024