Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh set to sign 11:09 - Aug 9 with 9809 viewsUppaTowen78

Seems odd
Keogh set to sign on 11:40 - Aug 9 with 1232 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:39 - Aug 9 by ITFC_Forever

He's dreadful, a walking ricket waiting to happen - and that was when he wasn't old.

FFS. Would rather we gave game time to Ndaba etc.

And that's before you consider his chequered past off the field.

It's a no from me.

What is it that qualifies you to make such an opinion when the Blackpool fans think he was brilliant in a good Championship side last season, Huddersfield fans said the same, as did MK Dons fans and before that he was at Derby being regularly voted one of the best defenders in the division?

It's not Sonko or Fish who've had their day. It's an old (admittedly) centre half who is still considered excellent in the division above.
Keogh set to sign on 11:42 - Aug 9 with 1202 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 11:40 - Aug 9 by bournemouthblue

Ndaba must be going out on loan, it makes little sense otherwise

That was literally my second thought as soon as I read it.
My initial thought was Eh?

But, would be good to have an older very experienced defender around the place. I doubt he's coming in to start.

Unless we've had an offer for Woolfie of course!!

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Keogh set to sign on 11:45 - Aug 9 with 1149 viewsX0Y0

Didn't see it coming, but do think it makes sense.

Clearly pushes Ndaba out on loan, and I wonder if we would consider bids for Burgess as perhaps he doesn't feature in longer term aspirational plans for getting out of the division.

If Keogh is keen on coaching then learning under McKenna may have been a big draw during his last playing days, whilst also being close to family.
Keogh set to sign on 11:45 - Aug 9 with 1148 viewsitfcsuth

Likely loan move for Ndaba on the horizon then.
Keogh set to sign on 11:47 - Aug 9 with 1133 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a big yes from me. Very good signing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Keogh set to sign on 11:47 - Aug 9 with 1130 viewsGuthrum

Keogh set to sign on 11:39 - Aug 9 by ITFC_Forever

He's dreadful, a walking ricket waiting to happen - and that was when he wasn't old.

FFS. Would rather we gave game time to Ndaba etc.

And that's before you consider his chequered past off the field.

It's a no from me.

He did play 31 games for Blackpool last season, almost all starts. His fitness can't be too fragile.

Edit: 42 for MK and Huddersfield the season before, again almost all starts.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:50]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keogh set to sign on 11:49 - Aug 9 with 1111 viewsitfcjoe

He's a really good player, always has been and still cutting it in the Championship last year - but if a 2 year deal and a fee paid seems a bit mad.

He'll improve the squad, no doubt, both with regards to what is done on the pitch and bits off the pitch.

Without being a bit of a nob though, when the club have had an inspirational speech re running towards adversity by a bloke who would have died because he got tail ended at 100mph and has life changing injuries is bringing someone who was front and centre of the drink driving stuff at Derby really fitting in with that?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keogh set to sign on 11:53 - Aug 9 with 1025 viewsDarth_Koont

Keogh set to sign on 11:49 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He's a really good player, always has been and still cutting it in the Championship last year - but if a 2 year deal and a fee paid seems a bit mad.

He'll improve the squad, no doubt, both with regards to what is done on the pitch and bits off the pitch.

Without being a bit of a nob though, when the club have had an inspirational speech re running towards adversity by a bloke who would have died because he got tail ended at 100mph and has life changing injuries is bringing someone who was front and centre of the drink driving stuff at Derby really fitting in with that?

Was Keogh really front and centre in that incident? Derby made him front and centre but that’s not the same thing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Keogh set to sign on 11:54 - Aug 9 with 1022 viewsSitfcB

Keogh set to sign on 11:23 - Aug 9 by STYG

After the initial shock of WTF, this makes sense.

He's an old head, a Championship captain and a local lad. 36 in 2 days time but still a regular in the Championship last year.

Proper warrior, ball playing defender. One eye on coaching probably and he will no doubt be better than Ndaba (who has looked very shaky in pre-season) and who can go back out on loan, hopefully in League One to develop.

Makes quite a bit of sense. Keogh has always been a quality defender. If Ibrahimović can be 40 and playing in Serie A, I have no issues with a 36 year old being cover in League One.

Probably right but still thinking wtf ha.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Keogh set to sign on 11:54 - Aug 9 with 1026 viewsCheltenham_Blue

How was he 'front and centre' from the back seat of Tom Lawrence's car?
Was it before or after Lawrence ran off and left him trapped in there
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:58]

Keogh set to sign on 11:54 - Aug 9 with 1026 viewsVeggie

Agree - not really the kind of example we want to set our young and positive group of players. Let’s go out on the lash (and allegedly more) and then drive home. Seems horribly old school to me.
Keogh set to sign on 11:56 - Aug 9 with 983 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 11:54 - Aug 9 by Veggie

Agree - not really the kind of example we want to set our young and positive group of players. Let’s go out on the lash (and allegedly more) and then drive home. Seems horribly old school to me.

He didn't drive home.

Keogh set to sign on 11:57 - Aug 9 with 964 viewschicoazul

What.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Keogh set to sign on 11:57 - Aug 9 with 973 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Maybe not a bad idea after all.

We saw last season that without Edmundson our defence wasn't as solid.
Keogh set to sign on 11:57 - Aug 9 with 974 viewsitfc_bucks

Keogh set to sign on 11:54 - Aug 9 by Veggie

He didn't drive home.

I've certainly not seen anything to say that he was at fault. You may assume he should have known that TL was in no fit state to drive, but I don't believe you'd have anything to back up that assertion.

Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying he took Derby to court over his dismissal and won.
Keogh set to sign on 11:59 - Aug 9 with 938 viewsSTYG

I'd agree if we were signing Lawrence or Bennett who admitted charges and got community service.

Keogh was a passenger, suffered horrible injuries, actually said he felt responsible as captain, taking the heat off the two that were actually responsible and was treated appallingly by Derby, who sacked him, whilst only fining the two highly valuable young talents who actually accepted criminal charges.

Keogh seems very much a victim there, although appreciate it can look as if he was complicit with knowing the driver was drunk - but that's without the full circumstances. Keogh may have been too drunk to know the driver was over the limit, which in itself is not a crime.
Keogh set to sign on 12:00 - Aug 9 with 931 viewsGuthrum

Front and centre, but should he have been? Admittedly it's in his own words, but this interview does paint a somewhat different picture: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/01/richard-keogh-waking-up-paramed

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keogh set to sign on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 923 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 11:53 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

Was Keogh really front and centre in that incident? Derby made him front and centre but that’s not the same thing.

He was the club captain and involved in it - yes he wasn't driving and agree re Derby sacking him made him out to be worse than Lawrence and Bennett, but you expect better of your very senior players

Keogh set to sign on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 914 viewscbower

Really not sure we should be paying fees for a 36 year old (presumably) back up player when we are well stocked in there. Wolf, Donacien, Edmundson, Burgess, Ndaba and potentially Davis and Leigh too I am led to believe. All the talk of Ndaba loan aside, I worry about one of Wolf or Edmundson being sold,, especiallly when it's 2 years for Keogh.

bluescouser

Keogh set to sign on 12:02 - Aug 9 with 904 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 11:57 - Aug 9 by itfc_bucks

He didn't drive home.

I've certainly not seen anything to say that he was at fault. You may assume he should have known that TL was in no fit state to drive, but I don't believe you'd have anything to back up that assertion.

Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying he took Derby to court over his dismissal and won.

"You may assume he should have known that TL was in no fit state to drive, but I don't believe you'd have anything to back up that assertion."

Give over, they were all utterly smashed - he knew that

Keogh set to sign on 12:04 - Aug 9 with 889 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 11:59 - Aug 9 by STYG

I'd agree if we were signing Lawrence or Bennett who admitted charges and got community service.

Keogh was a passenger, suffered horrible injuries, actually said he felt responsible as captain, taking the heat off the two that were actually responsible and was treated appallingly by Derby, who sacked him, whilst only fining the two highly valuable young talents who actually accepted criminal charges.

Keogh seems very much a victim there, although appreciate it can look as if he was complicit with knowing the driver was drunk - but that's without the full circumstances. Keogh may have been too drunk to know the driver was over the limit, which in itself is not a crime.

If people want to get involved with mental gymnastics that makes out Keogh was a victim in all this then that's up to them.

He wasn't treated appallingly, he was treated inconsistently - had Derby sacked all 3 of them then he wouldn't have been able to sue them

Keogh set to sign on 12:04 - Aug 9 with 883 viewsVeggie

Keogh set to sign on 11:56 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

He didn't drive home.

He chose to be driven home by a drunk driver. In law passengers can be held liable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/passengers-can-be-guilty-too-73249.html
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:10]
Keogh set to sign on 12:06 - Aug 9 with 867 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I can see the sense in it, good cover, good option to bring on when trying to see out games, let's Ndaba go out again, hopefully to a L1 club, FGR would be a really good shout for him.

Shame we let him go as kid really, he had a really good career.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Keogh set to sign on 12:06 - Aug 9 with 870 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 12:01 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He was the club captain and involved in it - yes he wasn't driving and agree re Derby sacking him made him out to be worse than Lawrence and Bennett, but you expect better of your very senior players

Better how Joe? He's said that he had no reason to believe Lawrence was unfit to drive.
After the accident the lot of them legged it and left him unconscious in the car.

Mel Morris sacked Keogh, but retained Lawrence and Bennett after they were both convicted. Keogh received no charge from the Police. Should better be expected of senior players? Maybe, but you directly linked Keogh's incident with the horrific injuries suffered by the motivational speaker last week.

Keogh's incident and what happened to the police officer really aren't the same.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:07]

Keogh set to sign on 12:08 - Aug 9 with 840 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 12:04 - Aug 9 by Veggie

He chose to be driven home by a drunk driver. In law passengers can be held liable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/passengers-can-be-guilty-too-73249.html
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:10]

Then why wasn't Keogh charged with a crime?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024