Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? 09:29 - Aug 14 with 7896 viewsle2blue

Would be quite a statement if we did. I think they might well do it.
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:33 - Aug 14 with 4999 viewsStokieBlue

I've not reallly seen Hirst play much, however if he can't put in a huge shift like Ladapo did yesterday then he's not the one for us.

Ladapo was vital in the performance yesterday, really pressing with pace even in the hot temperatures and giving their defenders no time to pick a pass out from the back.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:33 - Aug 14 with 4989 viewsMattinLondon

Unfortunately that statement being that we’re run by idiots. 4 million for a striker with predominantly L1 experience and whose scoring record isn’t amazing.
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:34 - Aug 14 with 4956 viewsHipsterectomy

The fee for Will Grigg basically destroyed his Sunderland career before he even signed a contract. If it's anything close to that price then Leicester can keep him in their reserves

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 4947 viewsMetal_Hacker

£4m ….that’s doubled overnight hasn’t it ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:40 - Aug 14 with 4860 viewsStewart27

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:33 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

I've not reallly seen Hirst play much, however if he can't put in a huge shift like Ladapo did yesterday then he's not the one for us.

Ladapo was vital in the performance yesterday, really pressing with pace even in the hot temperatures and giving their defenders no time to pick a pass out from the back.

SB

Yep

Lapado was absolutely instrumental in that result yesterday.
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 4830 viewsWickets

Where did that £4 mill come from as i thought it was £1,500 ? and that's probably just guess work .
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:47 - Aug 14 with 4784 viewsFtnfwest

Get a prem loan instead
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:11 - Aug 14 with 4581 viewsMattinLondon

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:43 - Aug 14 by Wickets

Where did that £4 mill come from as i thought it was £1,500 ? and that's probably just guess work .

1500 million? Jesus, the game has gone crazy.
Login to get fewer ads

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:12 - Aug 14 with 4575 viewsJ2BLUE

Nah.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:13 - Aug 14 with 4565 viewsTrumptonBlue

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:43 - Aug 14 by Wickets

I'm not at all convinced we need him, but for £1,500 I'd probably take a punt.
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:29 - Aug 14 with 4458 viewspointofblue

£4m is an insane amount. Leicester can keep him for that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 4406 viewsFrimleyBlue

Only if it's based on performance related milestones.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:34 - Aug 14 with 4407 viewscressi

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:29 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

£4m is an insane amount. Leicester can keep him for that.

No Way 2 Millon is probably a bit expensive when he has had a good half season in his career
We definitely need another striker as Ladapo is not going to play 46 league games and to brutally honest Jackson for whatever think or reason just not good enough to start games up top alone
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:34 - Aug 14 with 4408 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:33 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Unfortunately that statement being that we’re run by idiots. 4 million for a striker with predominantly L1 experience and whose scoring record isn’t amazing.

£4m 🤣no way!
Leicester don’t want him and are desperate for money apparently!

We missed out on Colby Bishop I feel but KMc knows best apart from Tuesday night imo.

A Man U u21 player must be in his mind a squads get firmed up.
But Utd might just bin there whole first team if they continue as they are!
So we wait! We have enough to win this week!
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:35 - Aug 14 with 4395 viewsBloomBlue

If we paid £4m for him the only statement that would make is the Town owners/mgmt are gullible and have become the new Mel Morris
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 4323 viewsITFCBlues

Where has this 4m figure come from? You'd really hope not in all honesty. There would be better value players about.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 11:00 - Aug 14 with 4173 viewsBig_Jase

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:34 - Aug 14 by BtreeBlueBlood

£4m 🤣no way!
Leicester don’t want him and are desperate for money apparently!

We missed out on Colby Bishop I feel but KMc knows best apart from Tuesday night imo.

A Man U u21 player must be in his mind a squads get firmed up.
But Utd might just bin there whole first team if they continue as they are!
So we wait! We have enough to win this week!

We didn’t miss out on Colby Bishop because we were never in for him.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 11:34 - Aug 14 with 3993 viewsZoomba

If £4m is the true asking price Leicester are asking for Hirst that's probably why we haven't signed him yet. Most likely Ashton waiting until they get desperate to offload him and lower their asking price.

The alternative is that we may have already bid what Leicester want but Hirst himself is waiting until a Championship club have made an acceptable bid.

I'm assuming Phil and the EADT boys may know more but aren't revealing much to not ruin anything ala Ashton's comments last summer about negatively affecting deals. That or i'm reading far too much between the lines.
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 11:37 - Aug 14 with 3975 viewsblueoxford

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:34 - Aug 14 by Hipsterectomy

The fee for Will Grigg basically destroyed his Sunderland career before he even signed a contract. If it's anything close to that price then Leicester can keep him in their reserves

If you’ve seen Sunderland til I Die, you will know that there was no science in the decision to sign him, just desperation. Our strategic decisions with Ashton and McKenna at the helm are light years ahead
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 11:47 - Aug 14 with 3901 views3_5_2

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 09:33 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

SB

Agree re Lapado. I do want him to get the goal his performance deserved. He worked so hard and never gave the MK a break.

I don’t know he enough about Hirst but surely we won’t pay £4m for him

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 12:29 - Aug 14 with 3677 viewsBobsthename

Where’s the source for this price?
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 3669 viewsWickets

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 10:13 - Aug 14 by TrumptonBlue

I'm not at all convinced we need him, but for £1,500 I'd probably take a punt.

We might get away with it until Xmas I suppose but I would feel happier if we could add an out and out striker even if its only as cover .
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 12:39 - Aug 14 with 3600 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What’s the source I’ve that? If it was £2m plus add ons for appearances/goals the. It might be palatable, but £4m up front is insane.

He is young though, so potentially if he does well we could double or triple that fee.

NB: I didn’t realise he was David Hirst’s son!
So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 12:44 - Aug 14 with 3565 viewscatch74

I’ve heard from a reliable source we’ve offered £1.5m - that was a while back. Cannot see with the way Ashton operates that that will jump to £4m. There could ,of course, be the option of add ons, simple for us - if we get promoted etc.
It looks like Leicester will try and hold out for as much as they can get, especially as they’ll clearly know he’s our top target. So imagine it’ll be a deadline day deal, with the fall back being a loan for someone else if it doesn’t go through.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So do we pay the £4m that the foxes want for George Hirst? on 12:47 - Aug 14 with 3540 viewsibbleobble

SB

Not every side play out from the back like MK do so a pressing intensity like that isn’t a mandatory in a new striker. I’ve asked the question for a while, “what type of new striker do we need?” but there’s it really been a common consensus.

4 million is way too much. Any business with Leicester at the moment feels like it’ll be over inflated so I’d be inclined to look elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024