Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh is better than Leif 21:56 - Aug 30 with 3896 viewsOsborneOneNil

Discuss………
Leigh is better than Leif on 21:58 - Aug 30 with 3430 viewsmarchy

Don't agree, but it's a nice debate to have to have.
Leigh is better than Leif on 22:00 - Aug 30 with 3382 viewsSheffordBlue

They have different attributes and are both class - which is a great place to be

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:00 - Aug 30 with 3361 viewsOsborneOneNil

Leigh is better than Leif on 21:58 - Aug 30 by marchy

Don't agree, but it's a nice debate to have to have.

Yeah that’s fair. I’m unsure as I’ve not seen enough of either so just gauging opinion.

I do know that Leigh was apparently decent whenever played, and through pre-season, and Davis was pretty average at best Saturday (which I did watch).
Leigh is better than Leif on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 3338 viewsOsborneOneNil

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:00 - Aug 30 by SheffordBlue

They have different attributes and are both class - which is a great place to be

Decent left backs - like buses
Leigh is better than Leif on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 3262 viewsSheffordBlue

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:00 - Aug 30 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah that’s fair. I’m unsure as I’ve not seen enough of either so just gauging opinion.

I do know that Leigh was apparently decent whenever played, and through pre-season, and Davis was pretty average at best Saturday (which I did watch).

Had one shot very well saved and had a good shout for a penalty. Didn't really put a foot wrong defensively. I thought he played well on Saturday.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:07 - Aug 30 with 3227 viewspointofblue

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:00 - Aug 30 by OsborneOneNil

Davis was very good on Saturday before he picked up the knock from the non-penalty challenge; then he seemed to struggle somewhat.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:08 - Aug 30 with 3211 viewsshefki86

Agree

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:11 - Aug 30 with 3149 viewsHullblue

I like Leigh but Leif is top/near top of all our chance creation metrics. They’re not in the same class attacking-wise.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:13 - Aug 30 with 3112 viewsmonty_radio

Leigh and Lief - wasn't that Fairport Convention?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:14 - Aug 30 with 3081 viewshomer_123

....again....does it matter? They are both quality at this level.

The bigger question is Leigh and Leif or Penney and Kenlock?

The point is what a great pair to have.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:14 - Aug 30 with 3059 viewsBobsthename

Agreed but i did think Davis played well Saturday while on the pitch.
But a good confidence booster tonight 6 against any side is a good result.
Leigh is better than Leif on 22:32 - Aug 30 with 2928 viewsSimonds92

On the showings so far yes. I also think his pace and athleticism are better for our style of play to be honest. Very impressed with him so far. In comparison Davis has been fine just not a standout.
Leigh is better than Leif on 22:36 - Aug 30 with 2851 viewsOriginalMarkyP

We could (almost) hold a Fairport Convention to find out.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:38 - Aug 30 with 2816 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:13 - Aug 30 by monty_radio

Leigh and Lief - wasn't that Fairport Convention?

SORRY! Must read the threads before I post.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:38 - Aug 30 with 2823 viewsChrisd

Think it’ll be a horses for courses selection for these two. What is nice for KM is having that problem on the left, knowing both can do a good job on that flank.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Leigh is better than Leif on 23:37 - Aug 30 with 2555 viewsMenton

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:36 - Aug 30 by OriginalMarkyP

We could (almost) hold a Fairport Convention to find out.

Lovely stuff

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Leigh is better than Leif on 00:50 - Aug 31 with 2419 viewsOsborneOneNil

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:07 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Davis was very good on Saturday before he picked up the knock from the non-penalty challenge; then he seemed to struggle somewhat.

Yeah, that’s a fair point re: struggled after his knock on half time.

Second half his passing was really poor, maybe due to the knock.
Leigh is better than Leif on 06:13 - Aug 31 with 2217 viewsBigCommon

Good to have both in the squad. The position doesn't feel weakened if either plays..
Both look athletic and insanely brave in the challenge. Something that I think Penney lacked. And possibly a reason as to why both have had injury issues?
Davis looks a bit more neat and tidy for me and is clever with his runs getting forward on the blind side off the ball, ghosting into space. I think Davis is more careful with the ball. And is willing to cut back and link up with deeper players, rather than risk losing possession. Retaining possession, probably something that's been drilled into him from playing at a higher level.
Greg looks more direct, imo. And is confident in his own athleticism, strength, pace to beat his man and get a ball into the box. He's a bit more "hustle and bustle" for me.
Impossible to compare Gregs performance against Northampton with Davis' performance against Barnsley. There's a huge difference in the caliber of opposition.
I prefer watching Davis. But I'd hate to play against Greg Leigh. He looks like he's made of granite and a real scrapper. His goal last night, a good example of just wanting to win the ball..
But , like I say. Happy to have both in our squad. And wouldn't be disappointed if either was named as starter. As neither is weak..
Leigh is better than Leif on 06:42 - Aug 31 with 2147 viewsPioneerBlue

GL was 4th best in his position in L1 last season based on player data shared at time of signing. I wasn’t expecting him to be second choice! You can see how good Davis is and can be by the progress he’s made over a few games.

They look to have different attributes, I’m not looking at one thinking he’s better than him, more we have two very good players for L1 on that side.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Leigh is better than Leif on 07:12 - Aug 31 with 2079 viewsArnieM

Perhaps a better way to look at Leif vs Leigh, is the latter is more experienced. Both are very good players

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Leigh is better than Leif on 09:12 - Aug 31 with 1844 viewsITFC_RDM

Personally don't think he is. I think Davis is going to become a real class player for us.

Leigh is very good though. Great to have two players who are arguably as good as each other. Not the only position on the pitch either. things are looking good.
Leigh is better than Leif on 09:28 - Aug 31 with 1784 viewsitfcsuth

Personally I have been more impressed with Leigh than Davis so far, although Davis has developed nicely since his debut - where I thought he was poor.

Both will play a part throughout the season, both offer different attributes, but you'd imagine Davis has a greater ceiling and higher resale value down the line with Davis still be 22, 5 years the younger of Leigh.
Leigh is better than Leif on 11:18 - Aug 31 with 1593 viewsRobTheMonk

I reckon Leigh will be used against the more physical teams and Davis against the more techincal, progressive teams.

For example, Leigh played against Burton as all they did was hoof it long.
Leigh is better than Leif on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 1516 viewsGeoffSentence

Leigh is better than Leif on 22:07 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

I have to say, I was right above it and it wasn't a penalty.

At best it would have been a free kick inches outside the box, but it actually looked to me that there was no contact, so not even a foul.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leigh is better than Leif on 13:08 - Aug 31 with 1411 viewsOsborneOneNil

Leigh is better than Leif on 12:21 - Aug 31 by GeoffSentence

I have to say, I was right above it and it wasn't a penalty.

At best it would have been a free kick inches outside the box, but it actually looked to me that there was no contact, so not even a foul.

Wow, that is a totally different take to what I saw. I sat in Sir Alf and thought it was definitely a foul and most likely on the line/in the box.

Pen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024