Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 2 or nothing this season… 07:10 - Sep 2 with 3680 viewsKieran_Knows

I honestly think 3rd-6th and play offs is a failure.

Walton
Donacien Woolfenden Edmundson
Burns Morsy Evans Davis
Chaplin Harness
TJJ/Ladapo

Hladky
Keogh
KVY
Camara
Ball
Aluko
Ahadme

And that’s before you think we’ve still got the likes of Humphrey’s, Leigh and Edwards.

Ridiculous squad put together for this league.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:07 - Sep 2 with 978 viewshomer_123

No, failure would be not being promoted.

'How' you do it doesn't matter.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:18 - Sep 2 with 937 viewsDMDC

Some people said it was ridiculous last season..... That ended well!
Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:32 - Sep 2 with 903 viewsBlueBadger

As with the past two seasons, anything short of promotion is failure. But we should be targeting top 2, as a minimum.

Thankfully, we don't appear to need to 'gel' this season, despite having made 9 signings.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 9:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 859 viewsGuthrum

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:18 - Sep 2 by DMDC

Some people said it was ridiculous last season..... That ended well!

And the manager paid for messing it up with his job.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 805 viewsmarkchips

Can see Evans dropping out of that 11 and Leigh is often a sub to back up the exertions of davis.Burgess before Keogh amongst the subs. With Aluko out Jackson or Edwards would be the most likely but I do wonder whether they will try Humphries with 20 minute spells. Perhaps this will be restricted to where we have effectively won the game already /
Top 2 or nothing this season… on 12:39 - Sep 2 with 790 viewsSwansea_Blue

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 07:56 - Sep 2 by Kieran_Knows

I’m sorry, I don’t care how good of players Shef Wed and the likes have, they haven’t put together or spent the money we have on the calibre of players we have in the past 12 months/3 transfer windows.

If we finish outside top 2, it really is a failure.

I'll happily take some more "failure" like this:

Not that I'd want us to be in the playoff lottery, but if you do end up going up via the playoffs, the experience is far better for the fans than automatic promotion.

Who here wishes the Bolton semifinal and that day at Wembley never happened?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 12:43 - Sep 2 with 764 viewsMetal_Hacker

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 12:39 - Sep 2 by Swansea_Blue

I'll happily take some more "failure" like this:

Not that I'd want us to be in the playoff lottery, but if you do end up going up via the playoffs, the experience is far better for the fans than automatic promotion.

Who here wishes the Bolton semifinal and that day at Wembley never happened?

I've heard past winners in the PO's stating it's a great way to go up albeit their time off over the Summer is limited and the club's time to recruit is also smaller in timescale BUT yes for a fan it's the best way !!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 13:09 - Sep 2 with 739 viewsSwansea_Blue

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 12:43 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

I've heard past winners in the PO's stating it's a great way to go up albeit their time off over the Summer is limited and the club's time to recruit is also smaller in timescale BUT yes for a fan it's the best way !!!

Yes, it gives the club a bit of a headache, although it didn't do us too much harm in 2000-01. The less said about the following summer the better!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 13:21 - Sep 2 with 722 viewsBlueForYou

We've been known for some spectacular ballsups over the years, but surely if we don't finish top two with this squad, it would be a failure, despite the trapdoor of the playoffs. Pressure is well & truly on now. I like our chances, but will feel much more confident when we've beaten some of the top sides in the division.
Top 2 or nothing this season… on 14:35 - Sep 2 with 660 viewsBlueNomad

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 07:45 - Sep 2 by GlasgowBlue

If we came 6th and won the play off final then it wouldn’t be a failure.

Of course we want to be top 2 but there are some very good teams in the top six of this division who have also done very good business this summer.

There are some very good teams. There are also awful referees and it’s those like last week who will cost us points.
Top 2 or nothing this season… on 21:06 - Sep 2 with 560 viewsPioneerBlue

The top 2 is the target, probably top 1. The or nothing bit worries me that fans are backing themselves into a corner, I’d take any form of promotion. The or nothing bit implies absolute failure in the event we are not top two which doesn’t leave much escape for coaches and players and of course doesn’t tell the story over a 46 games season when you are competing for one or two places with 24 teams.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 23:06]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 21:35 - Sep 2 with 548 viewsJ2BLUE

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 07:56 - Sep 2 by Kieran_Knows

I’m sorry, I don’t care how good of players Shef Wed and the likes have, they haven’t put together or spent the money we have on the calibre of players we have in the past 12 months/3 transfer windows.

If we finish outside top 2, it really is a failure.

Not everything is black and white.

If we finish 1 point off second and then win the play offs that is not a failure. I have no issue with top 2 being the target, it absolutely should be but there are various degrees of failure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 21:40 - Sep 2 with 544 viewsskinnybob72

We lost too many games to physical sides in the last season or two, for example Accrington, Cheltenham & Burton away last season. I feel that we're better equipped to deal with that kind of opponent now and that could well be the difference between top 2 or not.

Games against the 'footballing' sides shouldn't be a massive problem as we match up to any team in the league in that respect. MK Dons tried to play football at PR and were easily seen off.

While us and Sheff Wed look to be the strongest sides I don't think you can discount one of more from Peterborough, Portsmouth or Derby from having a good season - and there may be a dark horse in the equation, such as Plymouth.

Confidence and luck with injuries will also play a part - a win tomorrow at a ground we have lost at in the last 2 seasons would be another statement of intent.
4 words: Wednesday, Pompey, Peterborough, Derby (n/t) on 22:25 - Sep 2 with 511 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:54 - Sep 3 with 410 viewschicoazul

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:07 - Sep 2 by homer_123

No, failure would be not being promoted.

'How' you do it doesn't matter.

Finishing in the play off spots would be failure. Going up via the play offs would be success.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 10:07 - Sep 3 with 385 viewsitfcjoe

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 09:54 - Sep 3 by chicoazul

Finishing in the play off spots would be failure. Going up via the play offs would be success.

Have to be getting in that 87-90 point range, if that isn’t enough for top 2 and you miss out in POs then you just have to lick your wounds and go again - if fall a fair way short it’s a really disappointing season with a squad that is better than one that got 78 points in the Championship…..!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 11:06 - Sep 3 with 356 viewsFBI

Not going up this year will be a failure. The route is irrelevant.

HOWEVER...

Lots of talk in this thread about wining the playoffs. There are two teams on the pitch at Wembley. One has to lose. And that's a journey home I don't fancy.

I'd rather miss out on the title and go up in second than face the lottery of the playoffs, given the choice.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Top 2 or nothing this season… on 11:18 - Sep 3 with 338 viewsbraveblue

If 3rd is failure we have lost the plot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024