Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Autumn Covid vaccination 10:01 - Sep 22 with 2432 viewsblueasfook

Just got a text saying im eligible for one. Not sure about getting further vaccinations. Is Covid still dangerous? I had it in July and wasnt that ill. But then that could be thanks to the 2 vaccinations I had already had.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:05 - Sep 22 with 1823 viewsgiant_stow

I had no idea you were so old fella.

My advice is: get the vaccination and have peace of mind.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:15 - Sep 22 with 1783 viewsPippin1970

They are optional now even in the workplace. I had reactions to last one , on a CPAP machine over them . The injections effect the white blood cells each time you have one. Definitely won't have another.
Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:27 - Sep 22 with 1737 viewsmutters

I have just been offered one as well. Not at risk category, mid 40s, I was surprised to receive the offer

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:28 - Sep 22 with 1736 viewsStokieBlue

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:15 - Sep 22 by Pippin1970

They are optional now even in the workplace. I had reactions to last one , on a CPAP machine over them . The injections effect the white blood cells each time you have one. Definitely won't have another.

I'm sorry to hear that you had an adverse reaction but your post needs some balance as it's entirely anecdotal (which is fine).

Saying they affect the white blood cells is meaningless, every infection you get does the same as the white blood cells need to learn and then remember how to fight that invader. They are working as designed and getting the white blood cells to recognise covid as something it should attack.

It's also worth mentioning that there has now been in excess of 12,000,000,000 vaccinations and large scale studies have shown that the vaccines are safe (certainly as safe as others) and they do work. The latest one is targeted specifically at Omicron and it's subvariants.

It's of course an individual decision nowadays whether you want to take the vaccine but I felt some balance would help the thread.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:29 - Sep 22 with 1723 viewsblueasfook

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:05 - Sep 22 by giant_stow

I had no idea you were so old fella.

My advice is: get the vaccination and have peace of mind.

I am in my early 50s. I think anyone over 50 is down to get one.

I am only a bit wary because I had the Moderna one last time and that was quite nasty.

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:31 - Sep 22 with 1717 viewsitfcjoe

I'm getting mine in a couple of weeks, my wife decided not to have any more unless she has to for things like travel as they totally knock her hormones out of whack and she suffers every time she either has covid (twice) or has the jabs (3 times)

Guess takeup going to be a lot lower this time now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:32 - Sep 22 with 1701 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:28 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

I'm sorry to hear that you had an adverse reaction but your post needs some balance as it's entirely anecdotal (which is fine).

Saying they affect the white blood cells is meaningless, every infection you get does the same as the white blood cells need to learn and then remember how to fight that invader. They are working as designed and getting the white blood cells to recognise covid as something it should attack.

It's also worth mentioning that there has now been in excess of 12,000,000,000 vaccinations and large scale studies have shown that the vaccines are safe (certainly as safe as others) and they do work. The latest one is targeted specifically at Omicron and it's subvariants.

It's of course an individual decision nowadays whether you want to take the vaccine but I felt some balance would help the thread.

SB

Absolutely, well said. And I think I remember rightly Pippin has some underlying health issues? If so, this could be the reason for her issues and others shouldn't be scared off from reading that. Vaccines save lives.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:33 - Sep 22 with 1688 viewsPiercingBlue

Had my covid and flu jabs on Tuesday with no problems except a bit of a sore arm for a day. Nothing to worry yourself about
Login to get fewer ads

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:34 - Sep 22 with 1688 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

When I get a vaccine I'm not just doing it for myself but to stop the spread (and thus stop it getting to people who are vulnerable).

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:34 - Sep 22 with 1689 viewsPinewoodblue

Apparently the latest vaccine also target Omicron variant so gives wider cover, or so the wife was told.

Will be booking my 5th dose, plus flu jab, when return from holiday. Wife had her 48 hrs before we left home which thought was a bit of a risk as we. Oth reacted to the 4th dose but she was OK.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:35 - Sep 22 with 1676 viewscatch74

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:29 - Sep 22 by blueasfook

I am only a bit wary because I had the Moderna one last time and that was quite nasty.

Is mid fifties a good age to retire comedy creations? Asking for some friends (Anthea and Alan?)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:36 - Sep 22 with 1668 viewsblueasfook

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:33 - Sep 22 by PiercingBlue

Had my covid and flu jabs on Tuesday with no problems except a bit of a sore arm for a day. Nothing to worry yourself about

Yeah AZ ones I had were fine. My 3rd jab was Moderna and that one knocked me sideways a bit. I am maybe lulled into a false sense of security by my Covid experience not being too bad also. But who's to say we wont see a nasty new variant in the winter

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:40 - Sep 22 with 1659 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:28 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Very well said SB. My Missus had the Moderna booster vaccine on Sunday. She did get swelling in her arm, and felt rough (feverish) on Monday. It was a worse reaction than she'd had to the 3 previous vaccines, but she was ok to go back to work on Tuesday. The notes say that those symptoms are very common (up to 1 in 10). Small price to pay though for protection against the real virus. I'm getting mine next week.

Poll: would you rather

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:41 - Sep 22 with 1636 viewshype313

I had 3 Moderna's, the last one knocked me for 6, and the side affects were worse than Covid itself.

However, I'll be getting another one this winter, as I'm in no doubt the reason why Covid was so mild for me was down to the vaccines.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:44 - Sep 22 with 1570 viewsGlasgowBlue

There are less deaths and infections in no small part to the vaccination programme. Get you jag mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:47 - Sep 22 with 1523 viewsFixed_It

Mine is booked in for Saturday lunchtime. No hesitation.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:50 - Sep 22 with 1489 viewsStokieBlue

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:36 - Sep 22 by blueasfook

Yeah AZ ones I had were fine. My 3rd jab was Moderna and that one knocked me sideways a bit. I am maybe lulled into a false sense of security by my Covid experience not being too bad also. But who's to say we wont see a nasty new variant in the winter

There is currently a new variant (BF.7) which is outcompeting the other Omicron variants in a few countries and looks likely to take over for the next few months. As well as a mutation of the spike protein there is a mutation in the nucleotide sequence which could mean it behaves differently to other variants (because this is essentially the blueprint of the virus) but there is no evidence of this at this time and thus no reason to think it'll be more severe than previous Omicron subvariants.

It will however likely start a new wave of infections due to the spike protein mutations ability to evade existing protection.

SB
[Post edited 22 Sep 2022 10:52]

Autumn Covid vaccination on 11:32 - Sep 22 with 1378 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Autumn Covid vaccination on 10:44 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

There are less deaths and infections in no small part to the vaccination programme. Get you jag mate.

...but don't drive it for a day or two if the vax makes you feel dizzy.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 11:36 - Sep 22 with 1348 viewsXYZ

I had the Moderna one - no reaction at all. Nothing.
Autumn Covid vaccination on 11:46 - Sep 22 with 1304 viewsJakeITFC

Any idea if they are able to be had on a voluntary basis? The guidance for travel to Qatar is still unclear so I may have a booster just to be safe.
Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:12 - Sep 22 with 1243 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m booked in for 2nd covid booster and a flu shot next week.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:34 - Sep 22 with 1185 viewsbungaytractor

Is it true that covid jab can give people monkey pox as monkeys were used to make the jab .....thats what i read anyway?
Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:39 - Sep 22 with 1165 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:34 - Sep 22 by bungaytractor

Is it true that covid jab can give people monkey pox as monkeys were used to make the jab .....thats what i read anyway?

hahaha. Yeah, sounds legit. Did you read that in The Lancet?

Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:41 - Sep 22 with 1160 viewsthebluewizzard

Booked into local GP for a flu jap Saturday last, turned up and was offered both Flu and Covid - took both - one in each arm.
OK on the Saturday, felt like death warmed up on the Sunday, Monday everything was back to normal. Just as well as on Wednesday all of my house tested positive for Covid and only me tested negative.
Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:45 - Sep 22 with 1136 viewsStokieBlue

Autumn Covid vaccination on 12:39 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

hahaha. Yeah, sounds legit. Did you read that in The Lancet?

It's a conspiracy that unfortunately gained some traction a few months ago on the basis that the AZ vaccine uses a modified chimp adenovirus as a vector to deliver the covid vaccine into cells.

It's also worth pointing out that Monkeypox doesn't actually have anything to do with monkeys. It was only given that name because it was first discovered in monkeys in a lab but they aren't the original carriers or vector, it's actually a rodent pox found in rats.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024