Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) 21:50 - Oct 25 with 1735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:51 - Oct 25 with 1719 viewsBluecasp

Davis shaded it for me, but Humphreys was great
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:52 - Oct 25 with 1703 viewsSimonds92

Davis, not even close, best performance in a town shirt from him.
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:52 - Oct 25 with 1663 viewsGlasgowBlue

Davis for me.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:53 - Oct 25 with 1635 viewsStokieBlue

He did well, especially for a debut but Davis was outstanding.

In fact Davis gets better every match, he's top quality.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:54 - Oct 25 with 1618 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can't argue with Davis but Humphreys shaded it for me. Didn't get rattled, got stuck in, created chances, assisted in a goal and scored a cracker. A complete performance and on his full debut too.

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:58 - Oct 25 with 1512 viewsBluecasp

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:54 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Can't argue with Davis but Humphreys shaded it for me. Didn't get rattled, got stuck in, created chances, assisted in a goal and scored a cracker. A complete performance and on his full debut too.

Great moment when Humphreys made a really strong sliding tackle second half just in front of McKenna, showed he can mix it up!
100% with a brilliant Davis second (n/t) on 21:59 - Oct 25 with 1495 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 25 with 1473 viewsBloomBlue

Agreed I thought he just shaded Davis. What I especially liked about him was PV clearly targeted him from the start with a few late challenges, but he remained calm and scored/created a goal. For his first start he was excellent.
Login to get fewer ads

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 25 with 1462 viewsKropotkin123

Humphreys or Ladapo for me. Davis had a good game though, as did Edwards.

It may be shock with Humphreys though. I didn't expect him to have as much about him defensively, even though he was disadvantaged with his physicality. I'd like to see him retain his place alongside Morsy for the next game. But think McKenna will go safe with Ball.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 25 with 1458 viewsSwansea_Blue

He was good wasn't he. I'd go for Davis, but both were very good. ball generally did well. Freddie was great too - glad he's making those runs in attacking the crosses - we've not had enough of that this season.

I didn't feel the subs worked tonight. Obviously we held on, but nothing was sticking and we lost the counter threat when Edwards and Freddie went off. JJ was pants, Harness anomalous but at least he closed down. keogh probably the only one that steadied the ship a bit.

I'm getting increasingly worried by Wes. If he was a new signing this season, he'd be getting pelters by now. And it's not an issue with being tightly marked. When he has space, he's making lots of unforced errors. And the less said about his defending the better. Davis is getting far more right.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 25 with 1447 viewsnoggin

Davis, Humphreys, Edwards, Ladapo.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 25 with 1425 viewsmonkeymagic

Up there with the best league debuts I’ve ever seen from a Town player. His goal will get plenty of plaudits but his off the ball run/movement/cross for our 3rd was arguably even more impressive. Early days, and I said thought the same about Lankaster post Millwall but it looks like he might be an absolute gem.
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:02 - Oct 25 with 1402 viewsbilllm

Great full debut, il give motm to the kid, but Davis is some player,
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:03 - Oct 25 with 1379 viewsGlasgowBlue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 21:53 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

He did well, especially for a debut but Davis was outstanding.

In fact Davis gets better every match, he's top quality.

SB

Davis is forming a very good partnership with Edwards. i'd like to see them play together more.

Iron Lion Zion

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:06 - Oct 25 with 1337 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 25 by Kropotkin123

Humphreys or Ladapo for me. Davis had a good game though, as did Edwards.

It may be shock with Humphreys though. I didn't expect him to have as much about him defensively, even though he was disadvantaged with his physicality. I'd like to see him retain his place alongside Morsy for the next game. But think McKenna will go safe with Ball.

I think Humphreys' performance deserves the place on Saturday. However, after 90 minutes on a heavy pitch I would be tempted to play Ball and assure Humphreys he will get at least some time off the bench. Depends how good his recovery is. He certainly was still getting around the pitch well at the end.

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:07 - Oct 25 with 1309 viewsCornishMariner

Edwards worth a mention too. He kept hold of the ball when others were giving it away and consistently carried it into the Vale half. We lost that when he went off and, with it, most of our attacking threat.
Humphreys and Morsy would be awesome on Saturday.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:10 - Oct 25 with 1258 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

He was good wasn't he. I'd go for Davis, but both were very good. ball generally did well. Freddie was great too - glad he's making those runs in attacking the crosses - we've not had enough of that this season.

I didn't feel the subs worked tonight. Obviously we held on, but nothing was sticking and we lost the counter threat when Edwards and Freddie went off. JJ was pants, Harness anomalous but at least he closed down. keogh probably the only one that steadied the ship a bit.

I'm getting increasingly worried by Wes. If he was a new signing this season, he'd be getting pelters by now. And it's not an issue with being tightly marked. When he has space, he's making lots of unforced errors. And the less said about his defending the better. Davis is getting far more right.

Burns didn't have a particularly good game tonight. I would give him some of the blame for the first goal especially. However, he has a great first touch, tackles well, has pace and can finish. I would argue he would be fine if we hadn't seen him last season. Rather he is not up to the same standard and hence the disappointment. If he does go with Wales, we will miss him and appreciate him even more when he returns.

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:10 - Oct 25 with 1252 viewsRozz

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

Watched Wes closely tonight after criticism last week and actually thought he had a much better / more effective game than both his partners on that side Janoi and Chaplin. That's Janoi's worst game for a long time*, while Edwards is able to push and pull defenders around much more effectively than Chaplin.

*Just to add that's no criticism, I think we're bound to see loss of form and have a much more rounded threat from across the park to cope with it.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 22:12]
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:11 - Oct 25 with 1233 viewsVic

Best midfielder in the club.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:16 - Oct 25 with 1176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:11 - Oct 25 by Vic

Best midfielder in the club.

Hello, Kieron. Only Evans has taken a shot like his (and scored from it ... and Humphreys' was better).

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:20 - Oct 25 with 1125 viewsGlasgowBlue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:16 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hello, Kieron. Only Evans has taken a shot like his (and scored from it ... and Humphreys' was better).

Iron Lion Zion

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:29 - Oct 25 with 1030 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:20 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

That's a great pic. Thanks for sharing it.

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 09:07 - Oct 26 with 786 viewsSwansea_Blue

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:10 - Oct 25 by Rozz

Watched Wes closely tonight after criticism last week and actually thought he had a much better / more effective game than both his partners on that side Janoi and Chaplin. That's Janoi's worst game for a long time*, while Edwards is able to push and pull defenders around much more effectively than Chaplin.

*Just to add that's no criticism, I think we're bound to see loss of form and have a much more rounded threat from across the park to cope with it.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 22:12]

Yes, Janoi is also becoming very lax on the ball as well. They're not working very well together atm imo. But I agree to an extent that I'm probably being critical because we know they can do better. I'm certainly not suggesting we should drop either, just a bit frustrated that they're not tearing teams up like they did last year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 09:48 - Oct 26 with 750 viewsdirtyboy

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:07 - Oct 25 by CornishMariner

Edwards worth a mention too. He kept hold of the ball when others were giving it away and consistently carried it into the Vale half. We lost that when he went off and, with it, most of our attacking threat.
Humphreys and Morsy would be awesome on Saturday.

I'd echo this, Edwards really does pose teams a completely different problem, he's not quite as 'on it' tracking back, but not poor either, but with the ball, you can't set up to defend him as he can go past or through two players!

Davis was superb though wasn't he? I could genuinely see a big offer for him this January and we'll do very very well to keep him.

Humphreys was good, needs a bit of muscle (physicality added) imo, otherwise, cracking little player.
Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 10:57 - Oct 26 with 696 viewsDarth_Koont

Humphreys Man of the Match for me (n/t) on 22:06 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think Humphreys' performance deserves the place on Saturday. However, after 90 minutes on a heavy pitch I would be tempted to play Ball and assure Humphreys he will get at least some time off the bench. Depends how good his recovery is. He certainly was still getting around the pitch well at the end.

Think that’s about right. I can definitely see both getting stints in combination with Morsy over the following games.

Be interesting to see how Camara is involved. He seems more a runner and possibly seen as an option ahead like Harness.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024