Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters 20:25 - Jan 9 with 3024 viewskizaitfc

Some fans can't afford to go to every game and set aside 2 or 3 games that they can manage to get to each season. These fans should have just as much of a chance and getting a ticket as anyone.

Fans that are lucky enough to be able to afford to travel up and down the country get to see a huge proportion of the games each season. Moaning about missing one game is just ridulous, suck it up and get yourself to the next away game.

IMO the only fair way to do it would be to do random waiting room at 10am where everyone is put into a waiting room and then availability is dealt out randomly to fans in that waiting room.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:28 - Jan 9 with 2975 viewsJ2BLUE

Fans who go 2-3 times a season are unlikely to have a gold card though?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:34 - Jan 9 with 2940 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Not sure if this is a wind up, but to suggest someone who hasn't been to a single (or very few) games have the same priority as people who have attended lots of games when tickets are in short supply is simply wrong.

Its unfortunate if the former cannot afford to attend games, but those that can and do should rightly be rewarded with a greater chance of getting tickets. They are after all, the ones supporting the team each week.
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:38 - Jan 9 with 2898 viewsMattinLondon

For a number of years I used to go to all of the home matches and a lot of the away matches as well. I think, back then I would have expected to be somehow prioritised over fans who didn’t go to as many matches.

Now, due to family reasons I only go to a few matches per season and I fully understand that I should go to the back of the queue in terms of tickets. I’m no less passionate about Ipswich compared to my younger days, but there has to be a queuing system as tickets are in short supply.

Due to finance and family some people can’t go to all of the games, it’s not their fault that this is the case, but I think it’s only fair that fans who go to the majority of games get priority.
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:46 - Jan 9 with 2843 viewspointofblue

Isn’t that how tickets are usually sold, though? If we beat Burnley and get a big side at home in the fifth round of the FA Cup, season ticket holders would get first dibs, for example. Loyalty is rewarded.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:54 - Jan 9 with 2795 viewslongtimefan

The concept of a priority system based on attendance is hardly new! In the 70s and 80s it operated on vouchers received through the turnstiles at home games.
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:18 - Jan 9 with 2724 viewslizzibee

Are you for real? Of course those who invest money and time should get priority. I do not have spare cash at all and go without for most things so I can take my boy to the games because that is what is important to me. I have been to all bar two games and yes I think I have more right than you to a ticket
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:27 - Jan 9 with 2683 viewsNeedhamChris

That's a fairly bizarre take. So on that logic, you'd argue against a priority system if we had Norwich?

It's pretty standard to have a priority system in place where demand outstrips supply. In just about any sector customers are rewarded based on loyalty. I'm not too bothered about it now, as clearly the club accept they've missed a trick here. However there are as many posts from people moaning about people being a bit put out as there are posts complaining about it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:33 - Jan 9 with 2643 viewsFifeITFC

The OP post is a joke, right?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:56 - Jan 9 with 2546 viewsSharkey

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:33 - Jan 9 by FifeITFC

The OP post is a joke, right?

I don't think it was a joke and I have some sympathy with it. If a dyed-in-the -wool Town fan lived in, say, Cornwall and wasn't able to get a ticket to the game in Plymouth, it's kind of sad. It might be the highlight of their year, not just part of their Saturday ritual.

There's no easy answer, but to say that the people who can afford twenty away games should have the 'right' to go to all 23 at the expense of someone who was really really looking forward to going to just one game seems a bit unkind. Especially if he or she has been to that particular away game through thick and thin and supported the team when that away ticket was not quite so hot.

As I say, there is no easy answer.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 22:22]
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 23:02 - Jan 9 with 2420 viewsCoastalblue

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:54 - Jan 9 by longtimefan

The concept of a priority system based on attendance is hardly new! In the 70s and 80s it operated on vouchers received through the turnstiles at home games.

I can well remember those, and there was even priorities with those. Tickets going on sale to those with six vouchers, then 5 etc.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 00:28 - Jan 10 with 2288 viewsedd

Could hold back say 10% of allocation for a random ballot of those who rarely attend and wouldn't qualify. Remaining large majority of tickets for those who do attend regularly though maybe some weighting for attendance at less attractive fixtures so more points if you go to Stoke (well Port Vale) on a wet Tuesday night as opposed to Cambridge.
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 01:01 - Jan 10 with 2265 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:56 - Jan 9 by Sharkey

I don't think it was a joke and I have some sympathy with it. If a dyed-in-the -wool Town fan lived in, say, Cornwall and wasn't able to get a ticket to the game in Plymouth, it's kind of sad. It might be the highlight of their year, not just part of their Saturday ritual.

There's no easy answer, but to say that the people who can afford twenty away games should have the 'right' to go to all 23 at the expense of someone who was really really looking forward to going to just one game seems a bit unkind. Especially if he or she has been to that particular away game through thick and thin and supported the team when that away ticket was not quite so hot.

It’s not really about them being able to afford it though. It’s the dedication to spend that money following the club all around the country in the wind and rain, watching us year in year out and all the stuff that’s gone with it. All the heavy defeats and the relegation etc.

Because now the club are winning and there are more fans wanting to be at games, I don’t think the hardcore fan who has been through all that should lose their ticket.

Loyalty is to be rewarded. The OPs idea suggests otherwise.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 01:25 - Jan 10 with 2247 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:34 - Jan 9 by mattyhollandsirish

Not sure if this is a wind up, but to suggest someone who hasn't been to a single (or very few) games have the same priority as people who have attended lots of games when tickets are in short supply is simply wrong.

Its unfortunate if the former cannot afford to attend games, but those that can and do should rightly be rewarded with a greater chance of getting tickets. They are after all, the ones supporting the team each week.

so agree to this. I use to live in NW England, I would drive down to all home games and go to all games north and west of England day or night match. I was in the priority list to get a ticket being a vey frequent traveler .
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 05:06 - Jan 10 with 2155 viewsRyorry

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:56 - Jan 9 by Sharkey

I also have some sympathy with it - I used to be in that position (albeit North Yorkshire rather than Cornwall) & unable to travel long distances, but could usually manage Leeds, Bradford, Burnley & Sunderland.

However, rather than unfairly penalise frequent attendees, the OP might find a better solution along the lines I successfully hit on with another TWTDer back in the day. He lived in the south & we bought one silver card for the two of us (might need Gold these days), shared the cost, he took southern games & myself the northern ones - there was a pretty even split between S & N Clubs in our leagues at the time. The card could be shared between even more people if required.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 07:30 - Jan 10 with 1996 viewsVaughan8

I do think as it's a local(ish) game, there was always going to be a higher demand. The club obviously didn't think a priority system was needed.

Also, if you want to go to every game, then surely an ultimate membership is worth the money.

I suppose you feel a bit for people who say go to 10+ away games, and now a person who hasn't been to any but has a gold membership, has the same priority as you.
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 07:58 - Jan 10 with 1943 viewstivo

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 20:34 - Jan 9 by mattyhollandsirish

As per the T&C of the GC all GC holders are equal. Just because your opinion thinks otherwise doesn't make it fact.

For example, I travel 250+ days of the year for work. I have a season ticket I give away 50% of the time and a GC to help me get tickets for away games when I am home.

So, why should I not have equal opportunity to get an away ticket? The whole point of me getting a GC was for exactly that. (FYI I still didn't get a ticket for CU - but I had the same opportunity as others that I paid for)
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 08:06 - Jan 10 with 1911 viewsBrads

How about some kind of ballot? They did it for the covid games. The trouble with the standard points system used by many Premier League clubs is that they seem go to the same 2000 people every time, some of whom then sell on the ones they can’t or don’t want to go to at inflated prices and retain their high points total.
Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 08:11 - Jan 10 with 1895 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Loyalty has to be rewarded. Its very simple imho.

If one fan travels all over the country. Morecambe away, Plymouth away, Accy away etc. I believe they should be rewarded for this.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 08:24 - Jan 10 with 1848 viewsBig_Jase

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 21:18 - Jan 9 by lizzibee

Are you for real? Of course those who invest money and time should get priority. I do not have spare cash at all and go without for most things so I can take my boy to the games because that is what is important to me. I have been to all bar two games and yes I think I have more right than you to a ticket

But sometimes you will have to accept you won’t get a ticket, it’s life, you don’t always get everything you want.

Personally I think a lot of fans are coming across very entitled, including yourself. If you were that keen on making sure you would get a ticket you could have got ultimate membership at the start of the season.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Fans moaning and claiming today should have been priority letters on 14:06 - Jan 10 with 1673 viewsFifeITFC

I can understand your viewpoint, but what if it's a Cup or Play Off Final, do you suddenly change the goalposts for that? Then you open a new can of works because Joe Bloggs lives right by Wembley and he wants his one game to be the final etc.

Historically it perhaps would never be an issue (last season I made the trip to my nearest away game at Sunderland). But if I couldn't qualify or get a ticket because of it was sold out to Tom, Dick Harry who had been to every or nearly every away game, I could surely have no arguments and I wouldn't complain.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024