Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? 10:32 - Jan 11 with 10161 viewsitfcpaul

What are your thoughts about whether we need more signings and if so, in which areas of the pitch, or has anyone any rumours about possible incomings?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:40 - Jan 11 with 4977 viewsKieran_Knows

2 more to come in I reckon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:42 - Jan 11 with 4963 viewsITFC_Josh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:40 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

Surely that will impact on squad harmony? Can’t see anyone else who’d be willing to come, that would massively improve what we already have.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:46 - Jan 11 with 4948 viewsGuthrum

I'd say we don't need any more signings. We'd also be getting into the territory of having to exclude people from the registered squad list (if outfield players over 20 years old) to fit more signings in. It would be rather excessive, too, given the size and quality of our squad for L1. We ought to be able to do it with what we have.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:50 - Jan 11 with 4910 viewsKieran_Knows

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:42 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

Surely that will impact on squad harmony? Can’t see anyone else who’d be willing to come, that would massively improve what we already have.

“I don’t want to leave any stone unturned or leave anything on the table. I don’t want to be looking back at the end of the season thinking ‘if only, if only, I wish’.”

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:58 - Jan 11 with 4821 viewsITFC_Josh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:50 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

“I don’t want to leave any stone unturned or leave anything on the table. I don’t want to be looking back at the end of the season thinking ‘if only, if only, I wish’.”

True, but I don’t see anyone who we could bring in that would be a huge upgrade on what we have
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:03 - Jan 11 with 4766 viewsitfcpaul

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 10:40 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

ideally, in a world where we can, I think we need competition for JD and Burns as well as a strong CB, but I am aware the squad is full, but we could happily see Keogh, Camara Ball and Ahadme removed from the numbers with the amount of games they will be playing, we need players who are ready and fit now and not possible returns at the end of the season from fitness breaks.

names, I have no idea, McGuinness would be a good call for CB though, but the rest I really have no idea.

Think midfield is adequately covered at the moment

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:06 - Jan 11 with 4747 viewsgreyhound

I also think 2 more, club still have irons in the fire and its relatively early in the window.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young Premier league loan for a defender that won't count on squad numbers. Think we're getting hardballed on Taylors valuation, wittaker we could see make progress or die off after Saturday.

Were yet to see talk of us moving anyone on, I should imagine a couple of players may be looking for more consistent game time
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 4654 viewsitfcpaul

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:06 - Jan 11 by greyhound

I also think 2 more, club still have irons in the fire and its relatively early in the window.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young Premier league loan for a defender that won't count on squad numbers. Think we're getting hardballed on Taylors valuation, wittaker we could see make progress or die off after Saturday.

Were yet to see talk of us moving anyone on, I should imagine a couple of players may be looking for more consistent game time

I keep hearing about Whittaker, but hasn't he already signed on loan for Blackpool?

Login to get fewer ads

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:14 - Jan 11 with 4636 viewsITFC_Josh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:06 - Jan 11 by greyhound

Surely there’s no chance of the Whittaker deal now. Can’t see him wanting to join us considering we’re battling with Plymouth, and I just don’t see how he’d fit in with the amount of forwards we already have.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:15 - Jan 11 with 4625 viewsITFC_Josh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:13 - Jan 11 by itfcpaul

I keep hearing about Whittaker, but hasn't he already signed on loan for Blackpool?

You thinking of Morgan Rodger’s?
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:19 - Jan 11 with 4578 viewsiamipswich

I think not. If players are seeing a complete squad overhaul each window then they may be less inclined to stay/ come in the future. Unless Whittaker can be done permanently then I would say not.

Poll: Who will return first?

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:20 - Jan 11 with 4565 viewsSuperblue95

We don’t really need anyone else.

If we can’t get promoted from the third division with attacking options of Chaplin, Broadhead, Ladapo, Hirst, Harness, Aluko, Edwards, John Jules, Ahadme and Jackson then we might as well just dissolve the club.

Particularly with the calibre of players behind them.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:33 - Jan 11 with 4470 viewsitfcpaul

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:15 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

You thinking of Morgan Rodger’s?

You might be right, apologies.....

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:37 - Jan 11 with 4447 viewsBigCommon

Don't think there's an urgent need to rush into another signing.
.But with plenty of time left in the window. And presumably funds available. If the right player became available, be that a Championship ready player at a good price, or an exciting younger "project" type signing. Then, you could see something happening. Imo.
Usually, I'd think of January as a "sellers" market. But it seems the vogue is for parent clubs to recall and try to cash in on players these days.(similar to how we signed Walton). Still think some clubs are suffering financially from the COVID knock on. So puts us in a good position should the right player become available. Imo.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:41 - Jan 11 with 4412 viewswrightsrightglove

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:37 - Jan 11 by BigCommon

Don't think there's an urgent need to rush into another signing.
.But with plenty of time left in the window. And presumably funds available. If the right player became available, be that a Championship ready player at a good price, or an exciting younger "project" type signing. Then, you could see something happening. Imo.
Usually, I'd think of January as a "sellers" market. But it seems the vogue is for parent clubs to recall and try to cash in on players these days.(similar to how we signed Walton). Still think some clubs are suffering financially from the COVID knock on. So puts us in a good position should the right player become available. Imo.

Would think that this is the way it will go. We don’t *need* any more players but if someone is available who’s a clear improvement on what we’ve got then I’d imagine we’ll get it done. So anyone who could step up to the championship next season and help us be competitive and if that happens then I’d imagine players like Edwards etc will have plenty of offers on loan.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:53 - Jan 11 with 4311 viewsFrimleyBlue

Still think we need someone for Burns and someone to rotate with Morsy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:55 - Jan 11 with 4288 viewsitfcsuth

I wouldn't suggest so, look at the squad, look at the balance, the depth and importantly the harmony of the group.

GK - Walton, Hladky, Coleman
RB/RCB - Donacien, Vincent-Young
CB - Woolfenden, Keogh
LCB - Burgess, Edmundson
LWB - Davis, Leigh,
RM/RWB - Burns, Jackson
CM - Morsy, Evans, Luongo, Humphreys
LF - Harness, Broadhead, Edwards
RF - Chaplin, Aluko
ST - Ladapo, Hirst, Ahadme, TJJ

Look at that depth and balance, where do you add to that now?

You have to find the right balance between depth and stock piling players, we have the sweet spot right now, I don't think we will upset that.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:02 - Jan 11 with 4215 viewsKieran_Knows

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:55 - Jan 11 by itfcsuth

I wouldn't suggest so, look at the squad, look at the balance, the depth and importantly the harmony of the group.

GK - Walton, Hladky, Coleman
RB/RCB - Donacien, Vincent-Young
CB - Woolfenden, Keogh
LCB - Burgess, Edmundson
LWB - Davis, Leigh,
RM/RWB - Burns, Jackson
CM - Morsy, Evans, Luongo, Humphreys
LF - Harness, Broadhead, Edwards
RF - Chaplin, Aluko
ST - Ladapo, Hirst, Ahadme, TJJ

Look at that depth and balance, where do you add to that now?

You have to find the right balance between depth and stock piling players, we have the sweet spot right now, I don't think we will upset that.

But if players come available which McKenna thinks are better than what we have available, and those players are available for the right price, then you're going to go for them (hence our pursuit of Whittaker and Taylor).

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:03 - Jan 11 with 4208 viewsITFC_Josh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:02 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

But if players come available which McKenna thinks are better than what we have available, and those players are available for the right price, then you're going to go for them (hence our pursuit of Whittaker and Taylor).

Are we actually pursing Whittaker? Seems like it’s more of a rumour than anything
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:06 - Jan 11 with 4171 viewspafcprogs

One more hopefully 😇
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:06 - Jan 11 with 4159 viewsKieran_Knows

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:03 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

Are we actually pursing Whittaker? Seems like it’s more of a rumour than anything

Yes, we are.

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:11 - Jan 11 with 4084 viewsSitfcB

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:03 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

Signing after the Plymouth game, doesn’t want to play against Plymouth, fair enough I say.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:13 - Jan 11 with 4067 viewsITFC_Josh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:11 - Jan 11 by SitfcB

Signing after the Plymouth game, doesn’t want to play against Plymouth, fair enough I say.

Understandable, but couldn’t the deal be sealed before hand and he just gets left out of the squad for Saturday?
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:13 - Jan 11 with 4061 viewsblueislander

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 11:53 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

Still think we need someone for Burns and someone to rotate with Morsy.

You really are obsessed with Burns aren’t you?
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:15 - Jan 11 with 3999 viewsBigCommon

Not sure I even want him here, tbf...Hes been less than complimentary towards us with some of his SM. Apart from anything else, this shows a very unprofessional side to him. Not sure he'll fit in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024