Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? 10:32 - Jan 11 with 10188 viewsitfcpaul

What are your thoughts about whether we need more signings and if so, in which areas of the pitch, or has anyone any rumours about possible incomings?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:19 - Jan 11 with 2367 viewschicoazul

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:03 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

Are we actually pursing Whittaker? Seems like it’s more of a rumour than anything

We definitely are. If you see a fiver on the floor you pick it up regardless of how many you already have in your wallet.
My bet is a centre half to upgrade on Burgess.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:20 - Jan 11 with 2350 viewsSitfcB

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:13 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

Understandable, but couldn’t the deal be sealed before hand and he just gets left out of the squad for Saturday?

Would cause issue with a lot of our fans I’m sure

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:21 - Jan 11 with 2333 viewsFrimleyBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:13 - Jan 11 by blueislander

You really are obsessed with Burns aren’t you?

No, I'm just pointing out in reply to the OP where I think we can still improve with a new signing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:01 - Jan 11 with 2198 viewsSlimitfc91

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:21 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

No, I'm just pointing out in reply to the OP where I think we can still improve with a new signing.

Do you feel that an improvement on Burns is more of a priority than that of Donacien or Burgess ?, both of the latter would struggle in the championship imo
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 2125 viewsFrimleyBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:01 - Jan 11 by Slimitfc91

Do you feel that an improvement on Burns is more of a priority than that of Donacien or Burgess ?, both of the latter would struggle in the championship imo

If a player who's champ ready is available then of course I would look to get them in for any position. But I think defence is alot harder to find those specific players especially in the Jan window. If there is one we can get then absolutely go for it.

But I really want to see someone who can really take us to the next level on that right hand side.

With Burns this season. Similar to Donacien in that he gets in great positions and at times he puts great balls in. But according to the below he has a 32% cross completion rate.

https://footystats.org/players/wales/wes-burns

He's a solid player. And I'm not saying bin him off at all. But his only rival for that Position is Jackson who has a 16% cross completion rate. 0 assists and only 129 completed passes out of 218. ( league stats)
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 14:11]

Waka waka eh eh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 2129 viewsitfcpaul

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:01 - Jan 11 by Slimitfc91

I think Burgess is OK, I think the one to worry about is Keogh

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:53 - Jan 11 with 2055 viewsStokieBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:27 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

If a player who's champ ready is available then of course I would look to get them in for any position. But I think defence is alot harder to find those specific players especially in the Jan window. If there is one we can get then absolutely go for it.

But I really want to see someone who can really take us to the next level on that right hand side.

With Burns this season. Similar to Donacien in that he gets in great positions and at times he puts great balls in. But according to the below he has a 32% cross completion rate.

He's a solid player. And I'm not saying bin him off at all. But his only rival for that Position is Jackson who has a 16% cross completion rate. 0 assists and only 129 completed passes out of 218. ( league stats)

Just one caveat with that analysis, cross completion does also rely on the people in the box being in decent positions.

Now I tend to agree that Burns is pretty hit and miss with his crossing but you've said the same about Davis and I think that's fundamentally untrue. An excellent example was a cross Davis did on the half-volley in our last match. It was superb, right across the box in the right area but nobody got on the end of it and they really should have. That will count as an uncompleted cross but in reality it should count as a chance created.

Just an observation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:59 - Jan 11 with 2033 viewsbluelady

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:13 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Josh

Understandable, but couldn’t the deal be sealed before hand and he just gets left out of the squad for Saturday?

whose to say it wont be but not announced till after.......
Login to get fewer ads

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:03 - Jan 11 with 1993 viewsGeoffSentence

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:27 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

0 assists? I don't know if you can cast your mind back as far as Saturday......

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:04 - Jan 11 with 1983 viewsFrimleyBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:03 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

0 assists? I don't know if you can cast your mind back as far as Saturday......

I was on the league stats.

Waka waka eh eh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:10 - Jan 11 with 1953 viewsFrimleyBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:53 - Jan 11 by StokieBlue

Just one caveat with that analysis, cross completion does also rely on the people in the box being in decent positions.

Now I tend to agree that Burns is pretty hit and miss with his crossing but you've said the same about Davis and I think that's fundamentally untrue. An excellent example was a cross Davis did on the half-volley in our last match. It was superb, right across the box in the right area but nobody got on the end of it and they really should have. That will count as an uncompleted cross but in reality it should count as a chance created.

Just an observation.

SB

Tbf SB I agree to a point and the completed crosses I had deleted. Then re added again as I felt similar to you. But then I thought whilst yes it helps if others make the perfect timed runs etc.. you can't also ignore the ones which don't actually go past the first man or headed away with ease with no town player near him. So that's why I left it in.

On davis. Overall hes OK delivery wise. Some could be better but I see him improving on that anyway within his development.

Waka waka eh eh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:12 - Jan 11 with 1941 viewsSamWhiteUK

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:15 - Jan 11 by BigCommon

Not sure I even want him here, tbf...Hes been less than complimentary towards us with some of his SM. Apart from anything else, this shows a very unprofessional side to him. Not sure he'll fit in.

Which part of his social media?
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:13 - Jan 11 with 1940 viewsSlimitfc91

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:28 - Jan 11 by itfcpaul

Do you honestly think that Keogh is being considered as a player for next season ?
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:17 - Jan 11 with 1919 viewscatch74

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 13:28 - Jan 11 by itfcpaul

I guess ideally more of a ball playing left sided centre back as a starter, Keogh to coaching and Burgess as back up. Edmundson seemed full of beans v Rotherham, definitely better on the right side as cover for Woolfenden. Ndaba if he’d played more and kicked on loads would have been useful.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:17 - Jan 11 with 1920 viewsOldFart71

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:19 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

We definitely are. If you see a fiver on the floor you pick it up regardless of how many you already have in your wallet.
My bet is a centre half to upgrade on Burgess.

My wife said to me "If you have a fiver in your left hand trouser pocket and a fiver in your right hand trouser pocket, what do you have ?" I replied " Someone else's trousers on "
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:25 - Jan 11 with 1866 viewsitfcsuth

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:02 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

But if players come available which McKenna thinks are better than what we have available, and those players are available for the right price, then you're going to go for them (hence our pursuit of Whittaker and Taylor).

Of course, but that is same for every single club throughout every division - but actively pursuing for any position, I'm not so sure.

Posh playing silly figures with Taylor at the moment anyway, and last I heard there was little in the Whittaker story, especially from the player side.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:30 - Jan 11 with 1847 viewsStokieBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:10 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

Tbf SB I agree to a point and the completed crosses I had deleted. Then re added again as I felt similar to you. But then I thought whilst yes it helps if others make the perfect timed runs etc.. you can't also ignore the ones which don't actually go past the first man or headed away with ease with no town player near him. So that's why I left it in.

On davis. Overall hes OK delivery wise. Some could be better but I see him improving on that anyway within his development.

It's interesting how people see things differently isn't it?

I think Davis is far better than "OK" for delivery. If we look at the stats website you have provided then:

Assists - 95th percentile
Expected Assists - 97th percentile
Key Passes - 99th percentile
Crosses - 98th percentile
Successful Crosses - 99th percentile
Cross Completion Rate - 89th percentile

So amongst his peers in the division one must surely conclude that his delivery is superb?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:38 - Jan 11 with 1827 viewsSamWhiteUK

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:30 - Jan 11 by StokieBlue

I think Davis is far better than "OK" for delivery. If we look at the stats website you have provided then:

So amongst his peers in the division one must surely conclude that his delivery is superb?

SB

*drops mic*
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:38 - Jan 11 with 1824 viewsFrimleyBlue

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:30 - Jan 11 by StokieBlue

SB

For where he can go on football he's at a good level so far of course. He can go along way. And there's some opportunities he's not quite made the most of at times but that will come with age and further experience.

I'm happy to say he's OK for now and see how he gets on when we go up a level.

He's currently based on that site at 38% crossing completion. Again its up to the reader of the stats if they use it or not. But it doesn't say if that includes corners.. which of course changes things slightly. It doesn't mention it but of course shows his assist figures which we know some have been via corners.

As I say tho. I like davis. Lots to develop and he's doing well.

Just need better on the right
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 14:45]

Waka waka eh eh

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:42 - Jan 11 with 1818 viewsBseaBlue

SB

There is no argument there at all! In fact, some of his team mates should be looking to take a leif out of his book........sorry.

I had this discusion with a town fan yesterday and they said that they felt it was the movement in the box which was poorer than the quality of the balls in. I hadnt thought of it that way but think its an excellent point.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 14:46 - Jan 11 with 1796 viewsITFCBlues

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:06 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, we are.

Interesting. Def info?

I know Phil said something may well happen. Hope so, would really seal a top window for us

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 1580 viewsSitfcB

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:15 - Jan 11 by BigCommon

Not sure I even want him here, tbf...Hes been less than complimentary towards us with some of his SM. Apart from anything else, this shows a very unprofessional side to him. Not sure he'll fit in.

Because he posted a load of pictures which happened to include him scoring a goal against us?

Some people don’t half read way too much into things.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 19:01 - Jan 11 with 1532 viewsNutkins_Return

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 12:21 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

If this was Burns' first season we'd be really happy with him. His spectacular last season has not helped people judging him this season. He's been absolutely fine.

All that said I'd wouldn't complain if we somehow got Whittaker. I really think Edwards is a great option there though too. And you also have Jackson who performed really well down the right the other day.

1 more signing I reckon. But perfectly happy if no more.
Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 08:51 - Jan 12 with 1252 viewsitfcpaul

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 19:01 - Jan 11 by Nutkins_Return

If this was Burns' first season we'd be really happy with him. His spectacular last season has not helped people judging him this season. He's been absolutely fine.

All that said I'd wouldn't complain if we somehow got Whittaker. I really think Edwards is a great option there though too. And you also have Jackson who performed really well down the right the other day.

1 more signing I reckon. But perfectly happy if no more.

Whittaker would be an amazing signing to challenge Burns for that spot

Any more signings? Or do we think we have done for the season? on 08:57 - Jan 12 with 1246 viewsitfcjoe

Literally next to where it shows he has a 32& cross completion rate it shows that that figure is in the 81st percentile of the league, so it's clearly not a stick to beat him with.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024