Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 13:23 - Jan 20 with 3941 viewsKeno

what would the best TWTD team be?

For instance I played left midfield 4 times for my 6th form grammar school.

What you got TWTD!! See who can beat that!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:29 - Jan 20 with 2022 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chairman right here :)

When I was a kid I was a GK. Once had trials with Whitton utd. It didn't go well.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:36 - Jan 20 with 1997 viewsbilllm

I played for Murray rangers in the sil and my school,no idea how I wasn't that good I was a left back,
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:48 - Jan 20 with 1961 viewsFixed_It

I got picked up as a striker in a trial for Whitton Utd when I was a kid. I have no idea how. I was rubbish, but the lad in goal for the other team was even worse and made me look like an in his prime Alan Shearer. I wonder what became of that keeper?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 13:49]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:50 - Jan 20 with 1928 viewsBiGDonnie

Happy to take on a coaching role. I can sort out half and full time refreshments.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 1911 viewsSuperblue95

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:48 - Jan 20 by Fixed_It

I got picked up as a striker in a trial for Whitton Utd when I was a kid. I have no idea how. I was rubbish, but the lad in goal for the other team was even worse and made me look like an in his prime Alan Shearer. I wonder what became of that keeper?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 13:49]

Nothing to see here
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 15:10]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:55 - Jan 20 with 1908 viewsDyland

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:29 - Jan 20 by FrimleyBlue

Chairman right here :)

When I was a kid I was a GK. Once had trials with Whitton utd. It didn't go well.

Why on earth would you be the chairman? Or indeed anywhere near any decision making at all?

Or was that what the :) was for?

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:00 - Jan 20 with 1880 viewsKieran_Knows

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:36 - Jan 20 by billlm

I played for Murray rangers in the sil and my school,no idea how I wasn't that good I was a left back,

I played for Murray too ... how old are you? May know some of the chaps I used to play with!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:12 - Jan 20 with 1841 viewsgiant_stow

I'm available if selected.

My most recent game was for the over 45s - we only lost 0-7 which sounds bad, granted, but it turns out the other team had 3 ex-pros with the rest being ex-semi-pros from the non league.

All in all, I think you should be very impressed that we didn't lose by double-figures.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:14 - Jan 20 with 1832 viewsdirtyboy

Given this thread is quite new, I'm stepping up immediately as LB and will happily accept the MoneyBall situation that i'll be replaced fairly quickly.

Played at LB/LWB for a 5th division Sunday league team (I don't even think 4th, let along 5th division exist now lol) Both footed - sadly not the gift you'd think as don't know which one to use when given a choice. Quite literally the worst one-on-one finisher you'll ever see.

I was a highly celebrated player, in so much that when I retired, my mates celebrated.

Sign me up coach.
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 1820 viewsDyland

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:12 - Jan 20 by giant_stow

My most recent game was for the over 45s - we only lost 0-7 which sounds bad, granted, but it turns out the other team had 3 ex-pros with the rest being ex-semi-pros from the non league.

All in all, I think you should be very impressed that we didn't lose by double-figures.

Oh good old Udders you massive fanny x

On a similar subject, one of my old work teams had an ex-pro (played for Southampton in Prem before injury finished his career young and he went into sales instead of staying in footy). The oppo always complained he was a ringer, which he absolutely wasn't, worked full time for us. He was so ridiculously much better than everyone else on either team, we always won by at least five goals or more.

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:20 - Jan 20 with 1806 viewsDyland

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:14 - Jan 20 by dirtyboy

Given this thread is quite new, I'm stepping up immediately as LB and will happily accept the MoneyBall situation that i'll be replaced fairly quickly.

Played at LB/LWB for a 5th division Sunday league team (I don't even think 4th, let along 5th division exist now lol) Both footed - sadly not the gift you'd think as don't know which one to use when given a choice. Quite literally the worst one-on-one finisher you'll ever see.

I was a highly celebrated player, in so much that when I retired, my mates celebrated.

Sign me up coach.

"Both footed - sadly not the gift you'd think as don't know which one to use when given a choice"

I played 255 times for Barcelona.... on 14:21 - Jan 20 with 1794 viewsBloots

....and scored 117 times.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:22 - Jan 20 with 1785 viewsFixed_It

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:53 - Jan 20 by Superblue95

Nothing to see here
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 15:10]

No.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I played 255 times for Barcelona.... on 14:22 - Jan 20 with 1782 viewsKeno

I played 255 times for Barcelona.... on 14:21 - Jan 20 by Bloots

....and scored 117 times.

I think this thread messy

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:22 - Jan 20 with 1764 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:19 - Jan 20 by Dyland

Oh good old Udders you massive fanny x

On a similar subject, one of my old work teams had an ex-pro (played for Southampton in Prem before injury finished his career young and he went into sales instead of staying in footy). The oppo always complained he was a ringer, which he absolutely wasn't, worked full time for us. He was so ridiculously much better than everyone else on either team, we always won by at least five goals or more.

Hi Dylan, you old soak.

Wish we had the Southampton guy on our team the other day and can well believe he had that impact. These fellas the other day were faster, stronger and far better than us! Mind you, its not easy to play on saturday after a skinful of skunk the night before, but I felt I should handicap myself to make the match fair.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:25 - Jan 20 with 1723 viewsDyland

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:22 - Jan 20 by giant_stow

Hi Dylan, you old soak.

Wish we had the Southampton guy on our team the other day and can well believe he had that impact. These fellas the other day were faster, stronger and far better than us! Mind you, its not easy to play on saturday after a skinful of skunk the night before, but I felt I should handicap myself to make the match fair.

Heh :)

Yeh... his control and speed were light years ahead of any other player. It was nigh on impossible to stop him once he had the ball... and he had a great shot on him as well.

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:27 - Jan 20 with 1718 viewsRobTheMonk

I used to play 5 a side with Matty Taylor of Oxford United and ex Man U third choice goalkeeper Paul Gibson (at different times).

Also had a successful stint in the local Powerplay leagues with 3 premier league titles to my name.

Stick me in front of the back 4.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 14:28]
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:28 - Jan 20 with 1720 viewsOsborneOneNil

Played centre midfield alongside Adam Tanner as a kid, then played at Col U School of Excellence, then for Weymouth in the Conference South!

Knees are shot now tho, so maybe I can be the bloke with the half time oranges :)
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:28 - Jan 20 with 1709 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:25 - Jan 20 by Dyland

Heh :)

Yeh... his control and speed were light years ahead of any other player. It was nigh on impossible to stop him once he had the ball... and he had a great shot on him as well.

it actually blows my mind how could pro footballers are. can't even imagine having that sort of touch!

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:32 - Jan 20 with 1670 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:27 - Jan 20 by RobTheMonk

I used to play 5 a side with Matty Taylor of Oxford United and ex Man U third choice goalkeeper Paul Gibson (at different times).

Also had a successful stint in the local Powerplay leagues with 3 premier league titles to my name.

Stick me in front of the back 4.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 14:28]

Well I'm impressed by your 3 Powerplay league titles, even if nobody else is.

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:38 - Jan 20 with 1646 viewsRobTheMonk

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:32 - Jan 20 by giant_stow

Well I'm impressed by your 3 Powerplay league titles, even if nobody else is.

Thanks, they were hard fought it what was a surprisingly competitive league.
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:52 - Jan 20 with 1588 viewscatch74

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:12 - Jan 20 by giant_stow

It only gets really embarrassing when you can’t count their score on one hand.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:53 - Jan 20 with 1584 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I'm your man with the bucket of ice-cold water and the magic sponge.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:53 - Jan 20 with 1582 viewsMelford

Kept 2 clean sheets at PR for TWTD with Phil at left-back.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:56 - Jan 20 with 1565 viewsbilllm

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 14:00 - Jan 20 by Kieran_Knows

I played for Murray too ... how old are you? May know some of the chaps I used to play with!

62 but don't shout that out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024