Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction 18:10 - Mar 6 with 8588 viewslizzibee

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/318084-marvin-johnson-fa-document/

Not much love for Burns on the Sheffield Fans forum, or Ipswich for that fact
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:48 - Mar 6 with 1438 viewsnethertonowl

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:45 - Mar 6 by mrfixit426

I mean, unless I'm losing my eyesight at an alarming rate, and that IS possible, it isn't clear at all.

get to specsavers then .
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:50 - Mar 6 with 1428 viewsberkstractorboy

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:42 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

Its in the thread on our board , very clear video, no room for any doubt.

Share the link here I am not digging through your board with the anti-Burns/Ipswich tripe being posted when its clear and you yourself have admitted Johnson did it. (And good of you to acknowledge Johnson did it).
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:51 - Mar 6 with 1422 viewsMattinLondon

Last season one of our players had to serve a suspension due to video evidence. Morsy threw a punch which the officials missed but it was captured on video.

Morsy Charged By FA 24th Jan 2022 17:45
Town skipper Samy Morsy has been charged with violent conduct by the FA following Saturday’s home game with Accrington Stanley. 81

If there was clear video evidence of Burns elbowing a player then he too would have had to serve a suspension- he isn’t.
Maybe the reason they keep doing it.... on 18:51 - Mar 6 with 1431 viewsBloots

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:47 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

No disgraceful and no reason why anyone should be throwing stuff at officals.

....is because people like you keep crying about officials always being against you?

Perhaps if you didn't keep perpetuating this myth then the officials would be able to go about their job without the fear of injury.

You and your fans are just coming across as a bunch of whining northern softies.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Maybe the reason they keep doing it.... on 18:54 - Mar 6 with 1400 viewsnethertonowl

Maybe the reason they keep doing it.... on 18:51 - Mar 6 by Bloots

....is because people like you keep crying about officials always being against you?

Perhaps if you didn't keep perpetuating this myth then the officials would be able to go about their job without the fear of injury.

You and your fans are just coming across as a bunch of whining northern softies.

great response, personal and insulting, classy
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:58 - Mar 6 with 1374 viewsnethertonowl

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:47 - Mar 6 by jonbull88

I see Wes running in and heading the ball. If that’s clear cut for you, then good luck, personally I’d be booking in an eye test.

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:04 - Mar 6 with 1324 viewsmrfixit426

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:48 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

get to specsavers then .

Nice playground level retort there.

Wes's arm is occluded by his body when they come together, so there is no way you can see what actually happened, although it looks more like his shoulder may have made contact. His arm then swings back after they come apart and he lands back on the ground in a natural motion.

If anything, the video leans more towards proving his innocence. I think it's bewildering anyone would use this video to suggest a deliberate elbow.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:06 - Mar 6 with 1316 viewsberkstractorboy

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:58 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

It doesn't look great, its 2 people coming together but the images are so bad you cannot possibly see if Burns arm is raised, it is the other side of him to the camera. Literally everyone goes down holding their face when the contact is not there. See Bruno Fernandez 2nd half yesterday, the contact was to upper chest/shoulder yet goes down holding his face"

There is very clear footage through the goal net of MJ on Burns. No mistake and I assume that is from MOAS footage the FA used.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:08 - Mar 6 with 1305 viewsIllinoisblue

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:42 - Mar 6 by Asa

Last year Morsy got a laughable 4 game ban for what looked like it was possibly a push to the shoulder or maybe a push to the face.

There was no way of knowing and for them to give a red with certainty was laughable. A lot of our fans thought it was a silly thing to do, called out Morsy for it and others didn't think he did a lot wrong. Was pretty balanced.

Almost every Wednesday fan I've seen comment on the incident seems to be digging out Burns for having the audacity to be elbowed blatantly in the face. Can't judge a whole fan base on one thing, but blimey there's an awful high percentage of fans feeling they are hard done by instead of being pleased they got away with it.

Against ten men I feel we win that game. We've been hard done by here but you'd think it was the other way around!

Sheff United fans have always been the more clued-up and knowledgeable fanbase. Wednesday always been whiners

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:09 - Mar 6 with 1289 viewsHerbivore

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:04 - Mar 6 by mrfixit426

Nice playground level retort there.

Wes's arm is occluded by his body when they come together, so there is no way you can see what actually happened, although it looks more like his shoulder may have made contact. His arm then swings back after they come apart and he lands back on the ground in a natural motion.

If anything, the video leans more towards proving his innocence. I think it's bewildering anyone would use this video to suggest a deliberate elbow.

It's more evidence that they're a bunch of delusional oddballs to be honest. I never really knew much about Wednesday fans before this season as they've been a bit of a nothing club for years now so I've not really given them much thought, but they seem to have a giant chip on their shoulder and an inability to cope with reality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 1261 viewsmrfixit426

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:09 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

It's more evidence that they're a bunch of delusional oddballs to be honest. I never really knew much about Wednesday fans before this season as they've been a bit of a nothing club for years now so I've not really given them much thought, but they seem to have a giant chip on their shoulder and an inability to cope with reality.

Same here. I had no idea that they had such a victim mentailty. Some of the posts over on their forum is real tin foil hat stuff.

Lots of whataboutery too.

There do seem to be a few sensible posters though, but they're outnumbered!
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:14]
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:15 - Mar 6 with 1245 viewsHerbivore

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:14 - Mar 6 by mrfixit426

Same here. I had no idea that they had such a victim mentailty. Some of the posts over on their forum is real tin foil hat stuff.

Lots of whataboutery too.

There do seem to be a few sensible posters though, but they're outnumbered!
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:14]

Yeah, full credit to the two or three of them that aren't clearly delusional.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:27 - Mar 6 with 1178 viewsjp_itfc

It must be a Yorkshire thing. Real victim mentality, just like Leeds the Football league is corrupt etc. So so odd.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:28 - Mar 6 with 1184 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that link on OwlStalk.

I imagine a few of those loons will be busy now wiping spittle off their screens.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:29]
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:37 - Mar 6 with 1135 viewsHorsham

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:08 - Mar 6 by Illinoisblue

Sheff United fans have always been the more clued-up and knowledgeable fanbase. Wednesday always been whiners

Tbh I’d always had it the other way round. Had some pleasant encounters with Owls fans in real life before and after games. Just seems like they’ve become entitled whiny little b!tchs now! Maybe it’s just the internet for you.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:42 - Mar 6 with 1104 viewsMetal_Hacker

Living in Sheffield and mentioned many times by myself, The Owls fans are complete ends of bells

Fûck em

Can’t stand em

Poll: If it were one or the other

My favourite is this response..... on 19:45 - Mar 6 with 1086 viewsBloots

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:15 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

...."We've become a right bunch of paranoid, persecuted whiny bîtches."

Well said.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:45 - Mar 6 with 1068 viewsKeno

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:28 - Mar 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that link on OwlStalk.

I imagine a few of those loons will be busy now wiping spittle off their screens.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:29]

It isnt spittle

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 1061 viewsberkstractorboy

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:15 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

There is an Admin that seems very sensible and balanced about the whole thing.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:48 - Mar 6 with 1059 viewsPhilTWTD

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:06 - Mar 6 by berkstractorboy

It doesn't look great, its 2 people coming together but the images are so bad you cannot possibly see if Burns arm is raised, it is the other side of him to the camera. Literally everyone goes down holding their face when the contact is not there. See Bruno Fernandez 2nd half yesterday, the contact was to upper chest/shoulder yet goes down holding his face"

There is very clear footage through the goal net of MJ on Burns. No mistake and I assume that is from MOAS footage the FA used.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:08]

Johnson actually elbowed Burns in another incident earlier in the game, perhaps as a direct result of that clearly accidental clash. Was caught by one of the photographers but not on video as far as I'm aware.
My favourite is this response..... on 19:51 - Mar 6 with 1038 viewsPhilTWTD

My favourite is this response..... on 19:45 - Mar 6 by Bloots

Well said.

Which is bizarre from our perspective as they clearly had the better of very ropy refereeing/linespersoning in both our matches against them.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:51 - Mar 6 with 1029 viewsKeno

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:47 - Mar 6 by berkstractorboy

There is an Admin that seems very sensible and balanced about the whole thing.

a sensible and balanced admin, that will never catch on

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 1008 viewsPhilTWTD

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:51 - Mar 6 by Keno

a sensible and balanced admin, that will never catch on

Stupid idea, no place for it.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:54 - Mar 6 with 1006 viewsDyland

If there was no room for doubt, Burns would have been retrospectively banned as well.

That's the reality of the situation, so you might want to wind your neck back in a little. Especially seeing as some of your fellow fans' illegal, violent behaviour got you an offside goal at Hillsborough. And, er... seeing as your player DID actually elbow Burns. Twice!

Hypocrites? Lol. Unreal.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

At least someone is living in the real world over there (n/t) on 19:56 - Mar 6 with 984 viewsDyland

My favourite is this response..... on 19:45 - Mar 6 by Bloots

Well said.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024