Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction 18:10 - Mar 6 with 8593 viewslizzibee

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/318084-marvin-johnson-fa-document/

Not much love for Burns on the Sheffield Fans forum, or Ipswich for that fact
Precisely on 19:56 - Mar 6 with 1667 viewsDyland

My favourite is this response..... on 19:51 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Which is bizarre from our perspective as they clearly had the better of very ropy refereeing/linespersoning in both our matches against them.

But nonetheless, stop being such a hypocrite Hammers you twonk.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

My favourite is this response..... on 19:57 - Mar 6 with 1674 viewsHerbivore

My favourite is this response..... on 19:45 - Mar 6 by Bloots

...."We've become a right bunch of paranoid, persecuted whiny bîtches."

Well said.

Yeah, that guy nailed it basically. Could feel his contempt for his fellow fans coming through the screen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now that's a feeling I recognise well from the last ten or so years on 19:58 - Mar 6 with 1666 viewsDyland

My favourite is this response..... on 19:57 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Yeah, that guy nailed it basically. Could feel his contempt for his fellow fans coming through the screen.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:59 - Mar 6 with 1660 viewsHerbivore

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:48 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Johnson actually elbowed Burns in another incident earlier in the game, perhaps as a direct result of that clearly accidental clash. Was caught by one of the photographers but not on video as far as I'm aware.

Seem to recall Burns being taken out in the air a couple of times early doors with Johnson showing no real intent to try and go for the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:00 - Mar 6 with 1643 viewsLankHenners

Crikey, they're more than a bit dim on there. Bar a couple of them, absolutely zero ability to understand what happened and the process following it.

See they've gone on Burns' twitter and are sending him grief on there. Definitely a normal well-adjusted bunch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:13 - Mar 6 with 1606 viewsArnieM

Bunch of to s a as the lot of em . Thuggish team (a classic league one outfit ) they’ll struggle next season in my view.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:13 - Mar 6 with 1606 viewsTrequartista

We're still waiting for Glenn Loovens' punishment for his assault on David McGoldrick.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 20:14]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 1599 viewsKropotkin123

Was anything done about their fans throwing dangerous objects at our players? Delusional thuggish fans, who should have had a game behind closed doors

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 1585 viewsKropotkin123

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:40 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

I came on here and said burns was no angel, and I had seen no evidence Johnson did make contact, later when videos proved there was contact, and Johsnon got banned rightfully so.

However not one of your fans has accepted or commented on Burns elbow on Johnson?, right in front of the same linesman !

I accepted I was wrong , what about you? do you accept Burns actions ?,

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/ - you're welcome

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:23 - Mar 6 with 1567 viewsCoastalblue

I know we've had our issues with the blunts in the past, but they are a proper club with proper supporters, SW are a somewhat different proposition. They'd actually probably do quite well in the Prem, they have that entitled victims gene built into them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

"linespersoning" (n/t) on 20:26 - Mar 6 with 1545 viewsBloots

My favourite is this response..... on 19:51 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Which is bizarre from our perspective as they clearly had the better of very ropy refereeing/linespersoning in both our matches against them.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:36 - Mar 6 with 1514 viewsFixed_It

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:13 - Mar 6 by Trequartista

We're still waiting for Glenn Loovens' punishment for his assault on David McGoldrick.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 20:14]

That must rank as one of the worst non-decisions I have ever witnessed!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:44 - Mar 6 with 1468 viewsMullet

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:42 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

Its in the thread on our board , very clear video, no room for any doubt.

It's a miracle owls fly at all when they're clearly full of sh1t.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 20:48 - Mar 6 with 1451 viewsRyorry

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:54 - Mar 6 by Dyland

If there was no room for doubt, Burns would have been retrospectively banned as well.

That's the reality of the situation, so you might want to wind your neck back in a little. Especially seeing as some of your fellow fans' illegal, violent behaviour got you an offside goal at Hillsborough. And, er... seeing as your player DID actually elbow Burns. Twice!

Hypocrites? Lol. Unreal.

^This^.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 21:24 - Mar 6 with 1362 viewsberkstractorboy

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:48 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Johnson actually elbowed Burns in another incident earlier in the game, perhaps as a direct result of that clearly accidental clash. Was caught by one of the photographers but not on video as far as I'm aware.

Didn't see that photo. But Burns is the thug, Wendies say so based on no evidence, nothing in any match report and nothing that the FA chose to review after the game.
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 21:34 - Mar 6 with 1327 viewsPhilTWTD

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 21:24 - Mar 6 by berkstractorboy

Didn't see that photo. But Burns is the thug, Wendies say so based on no evidence, nothing in any match report and nothing that the FA chose to review after the game.

This one, more a punch than an elbow. Earlier in the game.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23315992.ipswich-town-2-sheffield-wednesday-2-josh-

This post has been edited by an administrator
"linespersoning" (n/t) on 21:43 - Mar 6 with 1263 viewsSwansea_Blue

"linespersoning" (n/t) on 20:26 - Mar 6 by Bloots

You can’t exactly say linoing can you? It makes them sound like a kitchen fitters.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 21:53 - Mar 6 with 1217 viewsberkstractorboy

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 21:34 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

This one, more a punch than an elbow. Earlier in the game.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23315992.ipswich-town-2-sheffield-wednesday-2-josh-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Just pushing him away harmlessly as Burns was clearly trying to wrestle him to the ground (again)
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 21:59 - Mar 6 with 1205 viewslizzibee

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:28 - Mar 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that link on OwlStalk.

I imagine a few of those loons will be busy now wiping spittle off their screens.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:29]

The other post about what league One players they are going to raid is equally funny, with a touch of arrogance. Looks like we are losing Burns (yes, despite them slagging him off), Morsy, Chappers, Woolfie, Davis and Broadhead. A s if any of them would go there (well apart from the fact they can't afford them and they are under contract).
I always used to hate the Blades due to our horrid past encounters, but I actually think they are preferable to the moaning Wednesday brigade who thinks everyone is against them. God, I really want them to implode
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 22:28 - Mar 6 with 1140 viewstractordownsouth

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:29 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

Burns never did Johnson with a cynical elbow in the game then?, dont give it the delusional crap, bunch of hypocrites

Absolutely no issue with fans going on to forums of other clubs to join in the discussion, I’ve done it myself a few times.

You’re pissing in the wind with this one though.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 07:56 - Mar 7 with 963 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:29 - Mar 6 by nethertonowl

Burns never did Johnson with a cynical elbow in the game then?, dont give it the delusional crap, bunch of hypocrites

Talking of whiny b*tches..........

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 09:10 - Mar 7 with 914 viewsGuthrum

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 18:24 - Mar 6 by berkstractorboy

I mean how thick are they. It's nothing to do with Burns telling tells the officials, Ref and Lino both submitted reports there had been an incident in the 16th minute but couldn't identify who did it. I am not sure I have ever seen someone try to legitimately try to push someone away with a swinging elbow when they are looking the other way, which is what the Owls fans are claiming. Johnson knows full well what he wanted to do, succeeded and even better got away with it to stay on the pitch.

Does it actually say anywhere that Burns submitted anything to the FA?

Wish they would crash and burn but sadly they won't.

Has it occurred to them that Burns may have been asked by the FA Commission to write a letter, giving his view of the incident?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 09:19 - Mar 7 with 881 viewsWickets

Yorkshire .
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 09:21 - Mar 7 with 880 viewsSamWhiteUK

Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 19:04 - Mar 6 by mrfixit426

Nice playground level retort there.

Wes's arm is occluded by his body when they come together, so there is no way you can see what actually happened, although it looks more like his shoulder may have made contact. His arm then swings back after they come apart and he lands back on the ground in a natural motion.

If anything, the video leans more towards proving his innocence. I think it's bewildering anyone would use this video to suggest a deliberate elbow.

I don't think its bewildering at all, when said person/group of people have been caught out and are lashing out
Marvin Johnson - Wednesday fans reaction on 09:42 - Mar 7 with 826 viewsBlueRaider

This sort of tribalism about incidents like this is what enables the league and FA to get away with their crap rules.

Wednesday (and all teams) will one day have an opponent get away with a red card because they couldn't be identified.

All fans complain about the officiating etc, but then just get involved in a tribal slanging match. tedious

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024