Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham have signed.... 11:24 - Mar 23 with 4573 viewsJackSted

Ben Foster!!!!!

I actually can't stand that club anymore
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 11:24]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:26 - Mar 23 with 3737 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Needed a keeper, to be fair.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:31 - Mar 23 with 3685 viewstractordownsouth

Doesn’t really bother me. It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement, they needed a keeper and he wants to boost his social media numbers.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:33 - Mar 23 with 3641 viewshomer_123

What can't you stand?

I mean, they've got US investment. Increased their profile, spent a bit of money....sound familiar?

As an aside, a good signing for them.

I rather like what is going on with them.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:33 - Mar 23 with 3633 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not quite sure what they've done wrong here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:47 - Mar 23 with 3512 viewsmrfixit426

Not sure what the problem is here.
Wrexham have signed.... on 12:06 - Mar 23 with 3394 viewsWallingford_Boy

I'm taking quite an interest (and have even got into "It's only Sunny" because of the owner!)

Actually went to watch them play at Maidenhead recently, but couldn't get in, entire ground sold out!

So a lot of clubs at that level are benefitting because of all the media attention.

RIP Sir Bobby

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:09 - Mar 23 with 3346 viewsbrazil1982

"I am really pleased to join this project and help Wrexham back to where they belong, fighting for a Champions League place. Nothing about money"
Wrexham have signed.... on 12:11 - Mar 23 with 3315 viewsGavTWTD

Coming out of retirement at 39 to play for a previous club. I don't see a problem either.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:14 - Mar 23 with 3287 viewsBlueBadger

Oh boy, wait until you hear about and Chelsea Newcastle if you think THEY'RE a terrible club!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:21 - Mar 23 with 3224 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:09 - Mar 23 by brazil1982

"I am really pleased to join this project and help Wrexham back to where they belong, fighting for a Champions League place. Nothing about money"

Do you think Wrexham are paying him more than Newcastle offered?

Of course, ultimately the social media coverage may well work well for him financially.

However, he is a 40-year-old coming out of retirement to help fill a void for a former club.

It will be interesting to see how he does. For some reason that I can't entirely put my finger on, I don't have much love for Wrexham, but I can't see any reason to criticise either party for this move.

What is the highest level Wrexham have ever played at? What is the expectation of the level the current backers could take them to? It will be interesting to see how far the likes of Salford and them do go.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:29 - Mar 23 with 3142 viewsbrazil1982

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:21 - Mar 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Of course, ultimately the social media coverage may well work well for him financially.

However, he is a 40-year-old coming out of retirement to help fill a void for a former club.

It will be interesting to see how he does. For some reason that I can't entirely put my finger on, I don't have much love for Wrexham, but I can't see any reason to criticise either party for this move.

What is the highest level Wrexham have ever played at? What is the expectation of the level the current backers could take them to? It will be interesting to see how far the likes of Salford and them do go.

Wrexham have played in the (old) second division. Expectations? - climb the leagues, I think we will find the money thrown at wages will be phenomenal in the next couple of seasons until they come up against the Championship.

Their fans have been for very many years, anti-English yet play in the English pyramid system.
Wrexham have signed.... on 13:08 - Mar 23 with 2900 viewsJackSted

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:47 - Mar 23 by mrfixit426

Not sure what the problem is here.

My bad I didn't realise he played for them earlier in his career.

However, I feel like the money they're throwing around in the National League is so unfair for the other clubs. Thety're probably offering him more than we pay for most of our players.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Wrexham have signed.... on 13:16 - Mar 23 with 2842 viewsCityBlue

Wrexham have signed.... on 13:08 - Mar 23 by JackSted

However, I feel like the money they're throwing around in the National League is so unfair for the other clubs. Thety're probably offering him more than we pay for most of our players.

"However, I feel like the money they're throwing around in the National League is so unfair for the other clubs. They're probably offering him more than we pay for most of our players."

Sorry...are you talking about us or Wrexham?

Just substitute NL for L1 and it is exactly how other teams see us.

I T I D

Wrexham have signed.... on 13:18 - Mar 23 with 2808 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Plenty of money flowing around in that league, Wrexham just the most high profile. Notts, Chesterfield etc all throwing around big sums. It's the outcome of having no financial limitations in that league.

Wrexham have signed.... on 13:34 - Mar 23 with 2682 viewsSharkey

Wrexham have signed.... on 13:18 - Mar 23 by JammyDodgerrr

Plenty of money flowing around in that league, Wrexham just the most high profile. Notts, Chesterfield etc all throwing around big sums. It's the outcome of having no financial limitations in that league.

Even Yeovil seem to be paying quite well. It's the deadline today for signing for the rest of this season, so I'd think quite a few players will be on the move today. (Frank Noublé included, maybe?)
Wrexham have signed.... on 13:38 - Mar 23 with 2646 viewsNeedhamChris

Blue tinted glasses here I think. Most of this division would jump at half the budget we have.

I don't think we get to spend £1m+ three times in the same League One season and then criticise the unfairness when it's someone else

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Wrexham have signed.... on 14:04 - Mar 23 with 2542 viewsIllinoisblue

Wrexham have signed.... on 13:34 - Mar 23 by Sharkey

Even Yeovil seem to be paying quite well. It's the deadline today for signing for the rest of this season, so I'd think quite a few players will be on the move today. (Frank Noublé included, maybe?)

Clack man Noublé seems to have had about 27 different clubs. The very definition of a journeyman player

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wrexham have signed.... on 14:37 - Mar 23 with 2350 viewsiamatractorboy

The owners seem like decent chaps (unlike certain other clubs we could mention in the PL), so why not?
Wrexham have signed.... on 09:58 - Mar 24 with 1766 viewsSharkey

Wrexham have signed.... on 14:04 - Mar 23 by Illinoisblue

Clack man Noublé seems to have had about 27 different clubs. The very definition of a journeyman player

To Torquay he goes. If he manages to dig them out of the mire, he'll be very popular down there. (I've said it before,- has anyone ever had a more depressing time as a professional footballer than Brett McGavin?)
Wrexham have signed.... on 10:33 - Mar 24 with 1729 viewssjg

There seems to be a lot of short memories on here. We have a right to spend a shed load more than clubs like Accrington because we sell a shed load more tickets, have had receipts such as the Downes and Dozzell money, and I don't think our net spend over the last 3 years will have been that ridiculous?

Wrexham, on the other hand, are relying solely on money pumped in by their new owners. I feel the same about this as I did when clubs like Bournemouth and Derby were doing it when we were challenging in the Championship - I despise it.
Wrexham have signed.... on 10:47 - Mar 24 with 1686 viewsblue62

To be fair he said on TalkSport that he doesn't want to be paid. He may well be but as others have said he will be doing it for the social media side and hoping to introduce his Goal Cam.
Wrexham have signed.... on 11:16 - Mar 24 with 1629 viewsSharkey

Wrexham have signed.... on 10:33 - Mar 24 by sjg

There seems to be a lot of short memories on here. We have a right to spend a shed load more than clubs like Accrington because we sell a shed load more tickets, have had receipts such as the Downes and Dozzell money, and I don't think our net spend over the last 3 years will have been that ridiculous?

Wrexham, on the other hand, are relying solely on money pumped in by their new owners. I feel the same about this as I did when clubs like Bournemouth and Derby were doing it when we were challenging in the Championship - I despise it.

Wrexham aren't relying 'solely on money pumped in by their new owners' any more than Town are. In both cases, investment quickly regenerated enthusiasm in the local population. Wrexham get 10,000 every week, which would be decent in league 1.
Wrexham have signed.... on 11:35 - Mar 24 with 1586 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wrexham have signed.... on 12:21 - Mar 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wrexham have made a name for themselves in Europe via the Cup Winner Cup - knocking out Porto and giving Sven’s Roma a bit of a scare. Not as Iconic as Bangor City trouncing Uwe Seeler’s Hamburg - but pretty impressive.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:45 - Mar 24 with 1549 viewssjg

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:16 - Mar 24 by Sharkey

Wrexham aren't relying 'solely on money pumped in by their new owners' any more than Town are. In both cases, investment quickly regenerated enthusiasm in the local population. Wrexham get 10,000 every week, which would be decent in league 1.

What came first, increased attendances or Paul Mullin on £5k a week?

The excitement around Wrexham only really came following the release of the documentary, after they had already failed once at buying the league.
Wrexham have signed.... on 11:59 - Mar 24 with 1495 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Wrexham have signed.... on 11:45 - Mar 24 by sjg

What came first, increased attendances or Paul Mullin on £5k a week?

The excitement around Wrexham only really came following the release of the documentary, after they had already failed once at buying the league.

They were getting roughly 5K at every home game before the takeover, but much like us, of course the takeover boosts attendance.

And your second point is just strictly not true, there was plenty of a buzz around Wrexham even before the documentary came out, and it merely enhanced it. What is happening with us, is really not that different to what is happening in Wrexham. We will be pumping in a fair amount of money, into both the team and the infrastructure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024