Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not ashamed to say, 20:28 - Apr 1 with 3234 viewsnoggin

a couple of tears have fallen from my eyes today. This football club and it's fans deserve what we're seeing now and I'm made up for all of you. COYB!!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'm not ashamed to say, on 20:33 - Apr 1 with 3150 viewsdavblue

It’s nice isn’t it.

It might not turn out how we hope this season but we are on our way.
I'm not ashamed to say, on 20:46 - Apr 1 with 3029 viewsWestSussexBlue

I’m so glad someone is braver than me to say this.
When that Second goal went in I too had a tear. Definitely the emotion of years of supporting Town and suffering these recent years, it’s almost a subconscious feeling that things really are getting better and actually this really is our time again.
Everything about our club feels so good again and we all deserve it.
I'm not ashamed to say, on 20:49 - Apr 1 with 2992 viewsSomethingBlue

It's been a such a long, long time, and we're nowhere near there yet, but can't really stop trying to imagine the reaction — both mine and collectively - if we do make it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'm not ashamed to say, on 20:49 - Apr 1 with 2961 viewsKeno

Virtual Hug Noggy

You are not alone

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm not ashamed to say, on 20:59 - Apr 1 with 2863 viewsearlsgreenblue

Me too, Arco da Calheta heard the roar on the second hitting the net.
Hugs from me to you all in “Blue land”
I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:02 - Apr 1 with 2823 viewsITFC1977

Let’s just hope everyone realises the progress we’ve made when things inevitably get tougher. We are lucky to have everybody involved in our club at the moment, from top to bottom.
I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:18 - Apr 1 with 2726 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Said it in my report.. for me those 10 mins celebrating with the players, manager, coaches at full time today was one of the best moments I’ve had as a town fan.

I so desperately have wanted something to enjoy with this club and it feels like we’ve reached that stage now. Finally. After waiting patiently since 2001 when I decided I like tractors and so Ipswich must be my team
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 21:19]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:25 - Apr 1 with 2608 viewsoldburian

I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:18 - Apr 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Said it in my report.. for me those 10 mins celebrating with the players, manager, coaches at full time today was one of the best moments I’ve had as a town fan.

I so desperately have wanted something to enjoy with this club and it feels like we’ve reached that stage now. Finally. After waiting patiently since 2001 when I decided I like tractors and so Ipswich must be my team
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 21:19]

Well Mr Romford I have been supporting the Town when all we had was a horse and cart!
Login to get fewer ads

I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:28 - Apr 1 with 2597 viewsIllinoisblue

I'm not ashamed to say, on 20:49 - Apr 1 by SomethingBlue

It's been a such a long, long time, and we're nowhere near there yet, but can't really stop trying to imagine the reaction — both mine and collectively - if we do make it.

Don’t know exactly how we came to hire McKenna but my word, how lucky we are. His pre and post match pressers are basically a window into a manager at the very top of his game. The details, the system, the prep on the opposition. Nothing is a surprise. Not sure if it was Ashton who recruited him, or it was via a whisper on the football grapevine but damn, we have a good one. Please god, let us get up this season and see how far he can take us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm not ashamed to say, on 22:10 - Apr 1 with 2338 viewsevansblue

I won’t lie but at the final whistle I felt very teary. Seeing the fans, players coaches celebrating like that was a special moment. Our fans are the best, god knows how the season will end but we deserve this moment we really do.
I'm not ashamed to say, on 22:23 - Apr 1 with 2233 viewsSitfcB

Was wiping my eyes at the end there with the celebrations, special moments, the relief of the win and the joyful scenes, long May it continue.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'm not ashamed to say, on 22:31 - Apr 1 with 2152 viewsFreddies_Ears

Ah, so I wasn't the only bloke with a tear or two at the end (Mrs Freddies_Ears shed more than just the odd tear too...)...

It felt like a statement win, especially as we learned of the Sheff Wed result.
I'm not ashamed to say, on 00:30 - Apr 2 with 1857 viewsRyorry

I’ll join you and a few others for a communal cry-in! :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I'm not ashamed to say, on 06:48 - Apr 2 with 1603 viewschicoazul

I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:28 - Apr 1 by Illinoisblue

Don’t know exactly how we came to hire McKenna but my word, how lucky we are. His pre and post match pressers are basically a window into a manager at the very top of his game. The details, the system, the prep on the opposition. Nothing is a surprise. Not sure if it was Ashton who recruited him, or it was via a whisper on the football grapevine but damn, we have a good one. Please god, let us get up this season and see how far he can take us.

He was Ashton’s idea. It was him or the guy at Rangers now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm not ashamed to say, on 07:47 - Apr 2 with 1475 viewsDJR

I'm not ashamed to say, on 22:23 - Apr 1 by SitfcB

Was wiping my eyes at the end there with the celebrations, special moments, the relief of the win and the joyful scenes, long May it continue.

Me too, or at least what I could see of the celebrations behind the various information banners flashing up on I-follow. Brought back memories of past happy times, which have been few and far between these last 20 years.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 7:47]
I'm not ashamed to say, on 07:57 - Apr 2 with 1434 viewsSwansea_Blue

Caught your old fella in the zip again?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm not ashamed to say, on 08:02 - Apr 2 with 1407 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I'm not ashamed to say, on 22:23 - Apr 1 by SitfcB

I was on my own today, and was next to a lovely lady (Beryl) who was also on her own as her hubby has bad arthritis and can't do games any more. I bought her a cuppa at half time, and at the end, we had a hug, those moments seeing the love between fans and players, it was just brilliant. As you say, you feel a tear in your eyes. What a time to be a Town fan.

Poll: would you rather

I'm not ashamed to say, on 09:13 - Apr 2 with 1238 viewsGavTWTD

Same. When our second went in have to admit there were a couple tears. Not a waterfall, but a moment of pride. Just need to finish the job please Blues.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I'm not ashamed to say, on 09:47 - Apr 2 with 1177 viewsBluespeed225

If, if the Club(and I include everyone from training ground catering to the players)can do it this season, the feeling will be up there with the glory days of Bobby( those Cups were won after seasons of being very good), or the surprising quality of 92’, purely because of what we as fans have all been through since 06’, seeing the slow demise (Should have given Jim another season, and Joe not being able to buy another defender). Black Adder post Oxford 92’ springs to mind!
I'm not ashamed to say, on 10:15 - Apr 2 with 1126 viewsChurchman

I'm not ashamed to say, on 21:25 - Apr 1 by oldburian

Well Mr Romford I have been supporting the Town when all we had was a horse and cart!

Know the feeling. The world was certainly in black and white when I first went.

I never got the chance to follow another team. No expectation, discussion or debate. My grandad used to go in the amateur days, he took my dad to his first game in 1938 and I was taken by them both 30 years later. A sort rite of passage.

I of course viewed the early years as a blessing. How lucky was I? Then it was poor, then good (Lyall years), poor, excellent (Burley years) then came the cursed years. Dementor Evans and the inexorable decline.

If I could have transferred club, I’d have slapped in my request and followed I dunno, Man City if they’d have had me. But football isn’t like that. Your club is your club. End of. Life sentence. Branded. I’ve been to many games watching friends teams as a neutral and I enjoy them. But there is no ‘motor’ in me. I don’t care.

After so many years of decay, humiliation and failure as my club drained away, what is happening now is an absolute joy to me. It’s not just the team doing well. It’s the renewal of the football club. I think we all know what the potential is. It’s a lot more than Lambert’s video highlights, Cook’s coffee cups, Hurst’s empty promises or even McCarthy having to try and build a team on scraps / clever wheeler dealing.

Regardless of where we finish, good things are happening and I’m loving it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 11:50]
I'm not ashamed to say, on 10:41 - Apr 2 with 1063 viewsoldburian

I'm not ashamed to say, on 10:15 - Apr 2 by Churchman

Know the feeling. The world was certainly in black and white when I first went.

I never got the chance to follow another team. No expectation, discussion or debate. My grandad used to go in the amateur days, he took my dad to his first game in 1938 and I was taken by them both 30 years later. A sort rite of passage.

I of course viewed the early years as a blessing. How lucky was I? Then it was poor, then good (Lyall years), poor, excellent (Burley years) then came the cursed years. Dementor Evans and the inexorable decline.

If I could have transferred club, I’d have slapped in my request and followed I dunno, Man City if they’d have had me. But football isn’t like that. Your club is your club. End of. Life sentence. Branded. I’ve been to many games watching friends teams as a neutral and I enjoy them. But there is no ‘motor’ in me. I don’t care.

After so many years of decay, humiliation and failure as my club drained away, what is happening now is an absolute joy to me. It’s not just the team doing well. It’s the renewal of the football club. I think we all know what the potential is. It’s a lot more than Lambert’s video highlights, Cook’s coffee cups, Hurst’s empty promises or even McCarthy having to try and build a team on scraps / clever wheeler dealing.

Regardless of where we finish, good things are happening and I’m loving it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 11:50]

Yes very well put, although I live in Essex now, I am Suffolk through and through. Like you my old dad first took me in 1950 when the second division was just a dream for a new League club. And being three bus journeys away visits were rare and memorable. Elsworthys one and only hat trick in 1953 springs to mind.
I have said on here that before I make that last journey to the crem I want us back and competing on at least level terms with those in Norfolk. McKenna is undoubtedly our best manager for a long time and the atmosphere around is great. Even here in Essex wearing my Town bobble hat the times I get shouts and pips from passing motorists, it really gladdens my soul.
Even if we do not go up this year the basis is there for a thriving club which is what all us supporters want.
I'm not ashamed to say, on 14:29 - Apr 2 with 878 viewsDJR

I can't match the heritage of the previous two posters, as my parents moved to Ipswich in 1967, but I entirely share their sentiments.

My dad went to the promotion-winning game in 1968, and became an Ipswich fan, having grown up in an area without a football team to support.

At that time (when I was still relatively young) there were two things my friends and I wanted to do: wear long trousers instead of short trousers and start going to Ipswich games. I can't now remember which happened first for me but I went to my first game in 1969, so beginning a life-long love affair that has endured despite moving away from Ipswich in 1978.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024