Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've a genuine confession to make ... 14:45 - Apr 19 with 3345 viewsurbanblue

When Broadhead put away the penalty last night I got a lump in my throat and felt the beginnings of me choking up ...

I've supported Ipswich for nearly 50 years and never had a moment like that before, even with our past successes.

Thank you Keiren, the players, Game changer, the fans and all at the club for making me proud to be an Ipswich supporter again.

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 14:49 - Apr 19 with 2926 viewsTractorCam

That was the sort of moment which, in my 20 years of going, just screamed of a miss. You could sense the relief from the players as well as of course us when that hit the net.

Despite that being a massive win, I still left slightly deflated after Plymouth's last minute winner. The fact we lie on 88 points with 4 to play and may not go up is mental, and I really hope for the first time since i've been going, we get over the line and have something to celebrate!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 14:51 - Apr 19 with 2882 viewsITFC_Forever

I got a massive scrape down my left shin as I made contact with the seat in front....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 14:55 - Apr 19 with 2827 viewstextbackup

The first goal at derby gave me that.

I know if there’s a promotion party that my mind, in the middle of all the joy, will start to think of Town fans that have departed and would have adored to be part of those celebrations, that’ll be another lump in throat moment

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:11 - Apr 19 with 2699 viewsartsbossbeard

Was thinking of you earlier. It's been 4yrs since our beer in Surfers Paradise.

4yrs!

Hope you're all good.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:18 - Apr 19 with 2609 viewsJakeITFC

I don't remember ever being as nervous for a penalty before, really was an incredible relief when it hit the net.
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:18 - Apr 19 with 2597 viewsdavblue

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:18 - Apr 19 by JakeITFC

I don't remember ever being as nervous for a penalty before, really was an incredible relief when it hit the net.

the quietness got me.
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:23 - Apr 19 with 2554 viewsclive_baker

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 14:49 - Apr 19 by TractorCam

That was the sort of moment which, in my 20 years of going, just screamed of a miss. You could sense the relief from the players as well as of course us when that hit the net.

Despite that being a massive win, I still left slightly deflated after Plymouth's last minute winner. The fact we lie on 88 points with 4 to play and may not go up is mental, and I really hope for the first time since i've been going, we get over the line and have something to celebrate!

When it was given there seemed to be such a sense of relief, for all our probing that we had unlocked them. Then a realization that we hadn't converted it yet. Took forever to get to the point Broadhead was running up, I thought the ref was pretty weak there and could've dealt with their gamesmanship a little better.

But the buzz when I saw the keeper going the wrong way and the net rippled. They're the moments that make all the sh1t we've endured worth it aren't they.

I'm relaxed about Plymouth's results. If they slip up it's a bonus, but I'm looking at it now as a clean 2 team shoot off for 2nd. The games are running out for Wednesday, we've got an additional point in the bag, a far superior GD and a game in hand. We're in the driving seat and still masters of our destiny. If we can match or better their result on Saturday I'll be delighted.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:28 - Apr 19 with 2482 viewsTractorCam

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:23 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

When it was given there seemed to be such a sense of relief, for all our probing that we had unlocked them. Then a realization that we hadn't converted it yet. Took forever to get to the point Broadhead was running up, I thought the ref was pretty weak there and could've dealt with their gamesmanship a little better.

But the buzz when I saw the keeper going the wrong way and the net rippled. They're the moments that make all the sh1t we've endured worth it aren't they.

I'm relaxed about Plymouth's results. If they slip up it's a bonus, but I'm looking at it now as a clean 2 team shoot off for 2nd. The games are running out for Wednesday, we've got an additional point in the bag, a far superior GD and a game in hand. We're in the driving seat and still masters of our destiny. If we can match or better their result on Saturday I'll be delighted.

I'm praying we win on Saturday, imagine having to go to Barnsley out of all places needing a win to take 2nd back. Of course if Wednesday lose to Exeter and we win both then we're up.

Weird season this one!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:31 - Apr 19 with 2417 viewsdavblue

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:28 - Apr 19 by TractorCam

I'm praying we win on Saturday, imagine having to go to Barnsley out of all places needing a win to take 2nd back. Of course if Wednesday lose to Exeter and we win both then we're up.

Weird season this one!

it will be a tough game but we are capable of winning there.

I'd probably take a point now and not even get on the bus if we win on Saturday!
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:37 - Apr 19 with 2375 viewsSitfcB

Yeah and no offence to Chaplin but I was more confident when Broadhead picked the ball up!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:49 - Apr 19 with 2332 viewsSteve_M

Nope. I thought back to Clapham against Bolton in 2000 which was tense but I don’t think it as the tense, we still thought we would win anyway by that point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:50 - Apr 19 with 2323 viewsBlueschev

Were we to clinch promotion next Saturday, I imagine Portman Road will be a complete blubfest.
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:06 - Apr 19 with 2244 viewsOldFart71

Spot on. You are absolutely right when you say we are the masters of our own destiny. Of course it can all change. This Division beggars belief. I recently went on a long holiday, 35 nights in fact. May seem great to many. but in truth was a bit of a nightmare as I'm an old codger now (72). The missus was ill and so was I and then my legs flared up so I couldn't get my decent shoes on. When I left for my hols Town had only played a couple of their matches in this amazing run and I think were still 8 points adrift. Of course I kept checking the results on a Saturday or Tuesday and the run, although the 1-1 blip against Cheltenham has continue. A vast amount of this run, although Chaplins form has been great is undoubtedly down to the January Window. Wednesday fans are apparently in part blaming the fact that they didn't recruit as we did. I could have been deja vu for us also if we hadn't had McKenna and Co aware of our needs. I hope and pray we get over the line. I'm nor really bothered if we are Champs or second as I do think with those in charge whoever goes up with us will be trailing in our wake next season as sure as eggs are eggs McKenna will have his ideas about who to recruit during the closed season.
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:13 - Apr 19 with 2199 viewsIllinoisblue

The power of football can never be understated. I was shaking in my car driving home wishing the minutes away refreshing twitter after we took the lead. Literally shaking.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:15 - Apr 19 with 2179 viewsFrimleyBlue

I felt bad as when the ref blew his whistle, I just kept saying please not chaplin.

20+ goals, but I just didn't want to see him place the ball down. sorry chappers

But the way Broady took that pen, his body shape, you could tell exactly why the keeper went the way he did, expertly taken

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:22 - Apr 19 with 2133 viewsclive_baker

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:15 - Apr 19 by FrimleyBlue

I felt bad as when the ref blew his whistle, I just kept saying please not chaplin.

20+ goals, but I just didn't want to see him place the ball down. sorry chappers

But the way Broady took that pen, his body shape, you could tell exactly why the keeper went the way he did, expertly taken

Balls of steel to be fair to the lad. A penalty of that magnitude, in front of a full house, a lengthy delay and opposition players doing their utmost to put him off.

Takes big b0llocks to step up and tuck that away like he did.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:24 - Apr 19 with 2119 viewsFrimleyBlue

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:22 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

Balls of steel to be fair to the lad. A penalty of that magnitude, in front of a full house, a lengthy delay and opposition players doing their utmost to put him off.

Takes big b0llocks to step up and tuck that away like he did.

I'd love to see a longer highlight of the pen, apparently, Broady didn't once look at the goal during that whole 1.30 between whistles being blown.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:28 - Apr 19 with 2095 viewsArnieM

Penaltygate : Sheer agony for what seemed HOURS, then unbelievable joy and relief all at once . Heart rate ( normally 54), went off the Richter scale.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:31 - Apr 19 with 2082 viewsBigCommon

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:24 - Apr 19 by FrimleyBlue

I'd love to see a longer highlight of the pen, apparently, Broady didn't once look at the goal during that whole 1.30 between whistles being blown.

1 minute 30...? Is that all it was?...
Blimey, felt like a good 5 minutes at the time..
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 16:35 - Apr 19 with 2048 viewsWickets

Did you not get that walking away from Wembley after beating Barnsley ? many including myself and my son were in tears that day .
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 17:24 - Apr 19 with 1883 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 14:55 - Apr 19 by textbackup

The first goal at derby gave me that.

I know if there’s a promotion party that my mind, in the middle of all the joy, will start to think of Town fans that have departed and would have adored to be part of those celebrations, that’ll be another lump in throat moment

All of the good that has happened and is happening with this new era of ITFC since my Dad (a huge Town fan) passed away in mid-2021 is tinged with sadness.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 05:54 - Apr 20 with 1438 viewsurbanblue

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 15:11 - Apr 19 by artsbossbeard

Was thinking of you earlier. It's been 4yrs since our beer in Surfers Paradise.

4yrs!

Hope you're all good.

Hey Bossbeard, nice to hear from you. Notice that younot around on here much. Your humour is very much missed mate even if some didn't quite 'get'your style ...

Yeah, doesn't time fly. A very enjoyable short but sweet session that was. My daughter is 15 now and at that time had a ball ribbing me that I was meeting a stranger from the Internet when I always warned her about, well, strangers on the Internet!

We are good though. Planning on getting over there in September, and certainly to a game, so maybe we can have another beer together.

Hope all is good in your world.
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 07:13 - Apr 20 with 1320 viewsChurchman

Your last paragraph is where I’m at. Other clubs’ results? Not in our control. We’ve put ourselves in a great position with not many games to go. It’s very much a cliche but it really is as KM suggests, all about focussing on the next game and not getting ahead of ourselves. If we do that, as we did at Bolton and Derby, we will be fine.

Peterborough are in good form, have a good record against us and will be up for it. I couldn’t care a less. After 42 games, the table doesn’t lie. We are better than them and whatever firepower they have got, we’ve got more.

Yes, if we can just match or better Wednesday’s result……
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 8:07]
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 07:41 - Apr 20 with 1259 viewsHereford_Blue

Exactly the same. Was sat on the sofa in rural Herefordshire still recovering from knee surgery, watching with my 9 year old on iFollow. Couldn’t talk to him during the build up to the pen, nervy as anything, and when it hit the back of the net the relief was so immense.

Hopefully one day it’ll mean as much to the boy, who over the last season is now a fully converted Blue. Cheeky so and so even got to meet Warky at the Wycombe game.
I've a genuine confession to make ... on 09:01 - Apr 20 with 1098 viewsartsbossbeard

I've a genuine confession to make ... on 05:54 - Apr 20 by urbanblue

Hey Bossbeard, nice to hear from you. Notice that younot around on here much. Your humour is very much missed mate even if some didn't quite 'get'your style ...

Yeah, doesn't time fly. A very enjoyable short but sweet session that was. My daughter is 15 now and at that time had a ball ribbing me that I was meeting a stranger from the Internet when I always warned her about, well, strangers on the Internet!

We are good though. Planning on getting over there in September, and certainly to a game, so maybe we can have another beer together.

Hope all is good in your world.

Perfect!

Catch up then, my good man.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024