Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt 09:45 - Apr 25 with 1660 viewsStuartSlater

I hate this phase - it ain't a free hit... it is a league game at a crucial time of the season... If the players take their eye of the ball for a minute it could all go belly up... look at the defeat to Barnsley and how it effected Wednesday.

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:51 - Apr 25 with 1598 viewsGuthrum

I very much doubt the phrase "free hit" has ever passed the lips of McKenna, our coaches or any of the players. Or even entered their minds, for that matter.

It's just fans trying to lower the tension and pre-comfort themselves in case something does go wrong tonight.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:52 - Apr 25 with 1579 viewshomer_123

Who's said it's a free hit?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:53 - Apr 25 with 1564 viewsKeno

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:52 - Apr 25 by homer_123

StuartSlater did in his OP

do keep up Homey

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:55 - Apr 25 with 1544 viewsHereford_Blue

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:52 - Apr 25 by homer_123

Seen it mentioned a few times across different threads in fairness.
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:59 - Apr 25 with 1514 viewsSteve_M

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:55 - Apr 25 by Hereford_Blue

Seen it mentioned a few times across different threads in fairness.

Mainly by people imploring others not to use the term in relation to tonight though.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 10:28]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:01 - Apr 25 with 1490 viewsRyorry

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:59 - Apr 25 by Steve_M

Mainly by people imploring others not to use the term in relation to tonight though.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 10:28]

Reacting to two OPs that I've seen.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:01 - Apr 25 with 1490 viewsVegtablue

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 09:53 - Apr 25 by Keno

StuartSlater did in his OP

do keep up Homey

I can see it at the top of Keno's post too!

Do not fear though Stuart Slater for Guthers knows the score. Players' thoughts will be on this alone not the two to come. Attitude does not change.
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:02 - Apr 25 with 1482 viewsSamWhiteUK

Yeah I don't understand this "free hit" nonsense. If we lose tonight, we need four points from two games, so we have to win one of them. Obviously Wednesday could slip up, but until they do there are no free hits.
Login to get fewer ads

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:05 - Apr 25 with 1463 viewsGuthrum

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:02 - Apr 25 by SamWhiteUK

Yeah I don't understand this "free hit" nonsense. If we lose tonight, we need four points from two games, so we have to win one of them. Obviously Wednesday could slip up, but until they do there are no free hits.

Five points from two games, so would effectively have to win both.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:10 - Apr 25 with 1426 viewsBigCommon

It could be. That some are using the term "free hit", just to relieve some inner nerves and take the pressure off.
Been a lot of high tension lately. We know there are no free hits. But I can understand anyone who wants to calm themselves down a bit, by taking this mindset..Some people's nerves are frazzled atm.
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:12 - Apr 25 with 1422 viewsRobTheMonk

No way is it a free hit lol. We win and it puts us in an excellent position going into the final two games. If we lose then it's more pressure on those final two.
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:30 - Apr 25 with 1314 viewsSamWhiteUK

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:05 - Apr 25 by Guthrum

Five points from two games, so would effectively have to win both.

Whoops, yeah that's what I meant. Only serves to emphasise what nonsense "free hit" is.
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:52 - Apr 25 with 1219 viewsTheMoralMajority

I have, and it is. Fans should stop getting their knickers in a twist.

If we lose tonight, it is still in our hands. In this sense, it is a free hit.

Does that mean that we should not be going all out to win. Of course it doesn't! If we take 3 points (and to a lesser extent 1 point), then we make our job in the last 2 games significantly easier, and significantly improve our chances.

However, if we lose it is *still* very much in our hands. Losing would not be good, but it would not be a season defining disaster.

Regardless, McKenna will be sending the team out there to win and to get this wrapped up as soon as possible.

...but do signatures really work?

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 11:33 - Apr 25 with 1103 viewsFrimleyBlue

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 10:02 - Apr 25 by SamWhiteUK

Possibly but maybe not

Barnsley play posh last game
Wednesday play derby.

We could draw both games and still go up.

I'd like it to be more straightforward though.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 11:37 - Apr 25 with 1062 viewsITFC_Forever

No, if we lose tonight, we need five points - so two wins as it's not possible to get five.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 12:22 - Apr 25 with 941 viewsJuggsy

As long as we win you can call it the 'Norwich City til I die match' for all I care!
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 12:36 - Apr 25 with 897 viewsdirtyboy

Whatever the result tonight, it doesn't determine anything.

If we lose, it's still us and SW with two games to play and us with a 1 point advantage and our goal difference.

Lose and we must win next two to guarantee.

Draw and we must win one draw one to guarantee

Win and we can draw next two and guarantee

Win and win on Satruday then it's over.

That's ignoring SWFC/Barnsley/PAFC results, which could change everything.

It's going to the last game. I feel it in my bones.

What. A. Season though.
Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 15:52 - Apr 25 with 715 viewsKropotkin123

If it isn't free, how much is it?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 16:02 - Apr 25 with 671 viewsJ2BLUE

Haven't seen anyone say that and anyone who has is an idiot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 16:12 - Apr 25 with 621 viewsclive_baker

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 12:36 - Apr 25 by dirtyboy

Whatever the result tonight, it doesn't determine anything.

If we lose, it's still us and SW with two games to play and us with a 1 point advantage and our goal difference.

Lose and we must win next two to guarantee.

Draw and we must win one draw one to guarantee

Win and we can draw next two and guarantee

Win and win on Satruday then it's over.

That's ignoring SWFC/Barnsley/PAFC results, which could change everything.

It's going to the last game. I feel it in my bones.

What. A. Season though.

It doesn't determine anything, no, but it could go a long way to determining the outcome of the season.

If we win tonight I would make us 95% likely to finish top 2. I would say the likelihood of SW getting 6 points AND us getting 0 or 1 is highly, highly unlikely and with that takes a little bit of the pressure off, which can only help for Saturday.

A draw and it's probably 80%. Barnsley would be mathematically out of it, +2 points on SW and a way better GD means they have no room to slip up, where as even if they don't we can afford to drop 2 points in one of the last 2.

If we lose it's damaging. Deflating, would keep Barnsley interested, gives Wednesday a bit of belief and puts enormous pressure on us for Saturday, and potentially Fleetwood too.

If we're sat here on the final whistle tonight and our points tally isn't 91, I'll be happy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 16:40 - Apr 25 with 541 viewsdirtyboy

Please stop with the term its a free hit - it isnt on 16:12 - Apr 25 by clive_baker

It doesn't determine anything, no, but it could go a long way to determining the outcome of the season.

If we win tonight I would make us 95% likely to finish top 2. I would say the likelihood of SW getting 6 points AND us getting 0 or 1 is highly, highly unlikely and with that takes a little bit of the pressure off, which can only help for Saturday.

A draw and it's probably 80%. Barnsley would be mathematically out of it, +2 points on SW and a way better GD means they have no room to slip up, where as even if they don't we can afford to drop 2 points in one of the last 2.

If we lose it's damaging. Deflating, would keep Barnsley interested, gives Wednesday a bit of belief and puts enormous pressure on us for Saturday, and potentially Fleetwood too.

If we're sat here on the final whistle tonight and our points tally isn't 91, I'll be happy.

I don't want to believe it's damaging if we lose, that's the worst mindset.

Wednesday lost to them and their season then seemed to collapse, if we lose to them, I don't think we'd react the same way, I really don't.

The best thing is, win, lose or draw it's still in our hands. I wanted two points from Peterborough and Barnsley and I've already got 3.

Wednesday, Barnsley, Plymouth and us all need to win the last two....who's going to manage it?

We've given ourselves one heck of a chance though and i'm very grateful for the season so far, i'v ehad many many good weekends!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024