Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed 07:57 - Apr 30 with 6640 viewsDamster

Just cannot imagine how they are feeling and such an Ipswich of the past mess up from them.
To make matters worse their points total would win them the league in most seasons. To get caught by Ipswich who have been on a run of 14 wins including 4 incredibly hard away games is just ridiculous. This end of the season is simply unique and not one we will probably see for a long time. Still can’t believe it is our Ipswich who was been on this mental run of form at the right time.
Nearly as hard to believe as being 4-0 up in a tense must win game after 20 minutes yesterday. Football. 😂
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 07:59 - Apr 30 with 4083 viewscressi

No
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:00 - Apr 30 with 4067 viewsSawtrich

Yes. If they win next week and end on 96 points, jeez. The play offs are here for a reason and it isn't to make sure the best three teams get promoted.
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:01 - Apr 30 with 4019 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yes for some of their fans

no for the ones who threw lighters etc... Karma

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:02 - Apr 30 with 4021 viewsStewart27

No.

They cheated us out of 6 points off them this season.

Plus fans who want their manager sacked whilst being top of the league don’t deserve it.
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:06 - Apr 30 with 3969 viewsTheBoyBlue

Yes. In most other seasons them and Barnsley would've been going up automatically. They have both had great seasons. But obviously delighted that we pipped them to it!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:09 - Apr 30 with 3927 viewswellsy700

Crazy to think that if they didn't have that dramatic slump in form then it could be us who are in 3rd with 97 points right now

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:13 - Apr 30 with 3880 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

No. I hope they fall at the first hurdle in the play offs and don’t even get a day out at Wembley. Cheated us out of six points, ignorant and arrogant fan base, wanted their manager sacked despite being top, I could go on.
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:14 - Apr 30 with 3868 viewsMookamoo

Got to feel for the proper fans. Owlstalk gets quoted on here a lot which is a bit of an unfair representation. We all know forums are for idiots.

Remember, they nearly didn't have a club at all a few years ago, and having their club fluff it up while seeing us storm past must be difficult to take this morning. Plus having Sheff Utd reach the promised land.

We're not that different, it's just our time at the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:16 - Apr 30 with 3843 viewsitfc_bucks

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 07:59 - Apr 30 by cressi

No

Indeed.

I have a healthy dislike of both them and Derby fans.
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:17 - Apr 30 with 3839 viewsnshearman1

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:14 - Apr 30 by Mookamoo

Got to feel for the proper fans. Owlstalk gets quoted on here a lot which is a bit of an unfair representation. We all know forums are for idiots.

Remember, they nearly didn't have a club at all a few years ago, and having their club fluff it up while seeing us storm past must be difficult to take this morning. Plus having Sheff Utd reach the promised land.

We're not that different, it's just our time at the moment

No
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:18 - Apr 30 with 3817 viewsEly_Blue

Zero sympathy for them, after the way they thought they’d won the league in January when they were all those points clear with 2 games in hand………. Pride really does come before a fall

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:20 - Apr 30 with 3811 viewsGuthrum

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:09 - Apr 30 by wellsy700

Crazy to think that if they didn't have that dramatic slump in form then it could be us who are in 3rd with 97 points right now

As I said at the time they were on that unbeaten run and we were drawing, their "method" of mostly grabbing 1-0 wins was less robust than our overall power and Plymouth's solidity at home. As it turned out, was more vulnerable to key injuries, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:25 - Apr 30 with 3739 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:02 - Apr 30 by Stewart27

No.

They cheated us out of 6 points off them this season.

Plus fans who want their manager sacked whilst being top of the league don’t deserve it.

Point of order, they only cheated us out of 4 points, we took 2 off them

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:28 - Apr 30 with 3714 viewsBrockleyBlue78

No.
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:34 - Apr 30 with 3661 viewsPioneerBlue

Not really.

I used to look upon them as a good club but that stopped when their yoofs directed obscenities to kids walking past at the railway station pub on way to PR ground, their fans proved to be total tw@ts by throwing things on to the pitch up at Hillbrough and probably same fans have shown nothing more than total disrespect for the league all season, level of arrogance is off the page. They believed they were promoted a little over the half way stage of season.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:35 - Apr 30 with 3645 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yes and no.

Yes as a team, if you told them they'd finish on 93 points they'd have thought we are going up. If you told them 96 they'd be thinking champions and understandably so.

Of you'd offered us 96 points before the start of the season i think most would have taken it so its really unlucky.

On the other hand a lot of their fans deserve the play offs for all of the reasons above.

Barnsley in the POs for me, seem like a mostly nicer bunch and they sold us Chaplin

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:38 - Apr 30 with 3619 viewsbillabasblue

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:09 - Apr 30 by wellsy700

Or you could also say had we not had that poor form from December -Feb winning 4 games from 15/16 matches then we would have won the league by 10 plus points ?
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 08:44 - Apr 30 with 3561 viewsRonFearonsHair

It’s fine margins isn’t it?
Compare how their management and coaching staff raced onto the pitch in celebration at going 2-0 up at Portman Road to how McKenna et al reacted to our goals as recently as Barnsley with brief fist pumps and hand shakes. Wildly premature both in the context of the match and the season.
Tells its own story in my opinion.
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 09:00 - Apr 30 with 3432 viewsMetal_Hacker

Living up here and seeing them first hand ……..hell no !

Bunch of dullards who can’t accept the best teams got promoted and offer no sign of congratulations

Being humble both winning and losing is a very good trait to have but in this instance I’ll make an exception

They’re a bunch of self righteous ,expectant morons

Anyway , off for a walk around Hillsboro’ park in my Town shirt - laters

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 09:05 - Apr 30 with 3395 viewsringwoodblue

No, not really.

Don’t think they deserved it over the whole season like Muff did. Would rather Barnsley went up tbh as they play much more attractive football and their fans don’t have that air of self-entitlement that many Wendies fans do.

Isn’t it just great to be able to sit back and impartially watch the playoff lottery unfold. My bet is on Bolton to win it.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 09:09 - Apr 30 with 3364 viewsnodge_blue

Yes. I said I wouldn't gloat over that. It's hugely unfortunate for them and I do feel sorry for their fans. But it's nice it's not us. We seem to have changed the clubs mentality and McKenna has been key to that. There's just such a belief about us this season.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 09:10 - Apr 30 with 3348 viewsGeoffSentence

I do. Imagine how we'd feel having amassed that number of points and still not get autos, that would be pretty grim, so I do have sympathy for them.

I'd still rather Barnsley make it through the play-offs though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 09:12 - Apr 30 with 3313 viewsportmanpensioner

None whatsoever
Anyone have a small amount of sympathy for Sheff Wed on 09:15 - Apr 30 with 3291 viewslazyblue

Couldn’t careless about them!
Nope, absolutely none at all on 09:17 - Apr 30 with 3270 viewsDyland

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024